Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The food in a camp lasts for 30 men for 40 days. If ten more men join, how many days will the food last?
2. The total marks obtained by a student in Mathematics and Physics is 60 and his score in Chemistry is 20 marks more than that in Physics. Find the average marks scored in Mathamatics and Chemistry together.
3. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in such a way that the number of trees in each row should be the same. If there are 4 rows or 5 rows or 6 rows, then no tree will be left. Find the least number of trees required.
4. (1000)9/1024 = ?
5. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case.
6. What is the least number which when divided by 8, 12, 18 and 24 leaves the remainders 4, 8, 14 and 20 respectively?
7. Find the greatest four digit number which leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5 when divided by 15 and 24.
8. If an article is sold at 19% profit instead of 12% profit, then the profit would be Rs. 105 more. What is the cost price?
9. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs. 4 less than half of the total amount, B's share is Rs. 8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the rest which is Rs. 14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
10. Twelve men can complete a piece of work in 32 days. The same work can be completed by 16 women in 36 days and by 48 boys in 16 days. Find the time taken by one man, one woman and one boy working together to complete the work?
11. Find the compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.14,800 at 13.5% p.a at the end of two years. (Round off your answer to nearest integer)
12. A sum of money is to be distributed among A, B, C, D in the proportion of 5:2:4:3. If C gets Rs. 1000 more than D, what is B's share?
13. A reduction of 20% in the price of salt enables a lady to obtain 10kgs more for Rs.100, find the original price per kg?
14. A rope of which a calf is tied is increased from 12 m to 23 m, how much additional grassy ground shall it graze?
15. What is the least number, which is perfect square but contains 2700 as its factor?
16. Rajan got married 8 years ago. His present age is 6/5 times his age at the time of his marriage. Rajan's sister was 10 years younger to him at the time of his marriage. The age of Rajan's sister is:
17. In an examination 40% failed in Hindi, 45% failed in English. If 25% students failed in both the subjects. Then the percentage of failed students is?
18. Mohit sold an article for Rs. 18000. Had he offered a discount of 10% on the selling price, he would have earned a profit of 8%. What is the cost price of the article?
19. Three numbers are in the ratio 5 : 6 : 7. The sum of its longest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
20. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that exactly two dice show the same number on them is -.
21. What is the greater of the two numbers whose product is 2560, given that the sum of the two numbers exceeds their difference by 64?
22. If a man can cover 12 metres in one second, how many kilometres can he cover in 3 hours 45 minutes?
23. The L.C.M of two numbers is 48. The numbers are in the ratio 2:3. The sum of numbers is:
24. Positive integers indicated by x and y satisfy 3 1/x * y 2/5 = 13 3/4, the fractions being in their lowest terms, then x = ? and y = ?
25. A gardener was asked a plant flowers in a row containing equal number of plants. He tried to plant 6, 8, 10 and 12 in each row, but 5 plants left in each case. When he planted 13 in a row, no plant was left. Find the number of plants with him?
26. (22 * 495 + 891 * 44) / (33 * 176 + 55 * 264) = ?
27. What number has a 5:1 ratio to the number 10?
28. The salary of a worker is first increased by 30% and afterwards reduced by 30%. What is net change in his salary?
29. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 385 and of the last three is 1001. Find the fourth number?
30. There is a 30% increase in the price of an article in the first year, a 20% decrease in the second year and a 10% increase in the next year. If the final price of the article is Rs. 2288, then what was the price of the article initially?
31. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24, 30 and 40 days respectively. They start the work together but C leaves 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days is the work done?
32. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3:2:4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21.
33. Rs.1170 is divided so that 4 times the first share, thrice the 2nd share and twice the third share amount to the same. What is the value of the third share?
34. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
35. Ratio of the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is 5:x. Mahesh is 18 years younger to Ramesh. After nine years Ramesh will be 47 years old. If the difference between the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is same as the age of Ramesh, what is the value of x?
36. If A lends Rs.3500 to B at 10% per annum and B lends the same sum to C at 11.5% per annum then the gain of B in a period of 3 years is?
37. A man whose speed is 4.5 kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and
back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 kmph, find his average
speed for the total journey?
38. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
39. 1600 men have provisions for 28 days in the temple. If after 4 days, 400 men leave the temple, how long will the food last now?
40. Simran started a software business by investing Rs. 50,000. After six months, Nanda joined her with a capital of Rs. 80,000. After 3 years, they earned a profit of Rs. 24,500. What was Simran's share in the profit?
41. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
42. A train can travel 50% faster than a car. Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B at 75 kms away from A at the same time. On the way, however, the train lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the stations. The speed of the car is?
43. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
44. A man on tour travels first 160 km at 64 km/he and the next 160 km at 80 km/hr. The average speed for the first 320 km of the tour is?
45. Salaries of Ravi and Sumit are in the ratio 2:3. If the salary of each is increased by Rs. 4000, the new ratio becomes 40:57. What is Sumit's present salary?
46. The perimeter of a semi circle is 144 cm then the radius is?
47. A person got Rs.48 more when he invested a certain sum at compound interest instead of simple interest for two years at 8% p.a. Find the sum?
48. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.900 and a uniform after one year service. He served only for 9 months and received
uniform and Rs.650, find the price of the uniform?
49. Nitin’s salary is reduced by 10% and then reduced salary is increased by 10%. Find ,how many percentage his present salary is less as compared to his previous salary?
50. 1/3 of 2/6 of 1/7 of 2/28 of 2140 = ?