Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the least number which when divide by 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 7 leaves no remainder?
2. If 5 men and 2 boys working together, can do four times as much work per hour as a man and a boy together. Find the ratio of the work done by a man and that of a boy for a given time?
3. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
4. If three eighth of a number is 141. What will be the approximately value of 32.08% of this number?
5. The difference between two integers is 5. Their product is 500. Find the numbers.
6. If x = 3 - √7, then find the value of x + 1/x.
7. Product of two co-prime numbers is 117. Their L.C.M should be:
8. A 300 meter long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds while it crosses a signal pole in 18 seconds. What is the length of the platform?
9. A sum amount to Rs.1344 in two years at simple interest. What will be the compound interest on the same sum at the same rate of interest for the same
10. 7 + 1/2 of [8 - 4 / 2 * 3 - 1 + 1 + (4 + 2) - 2 * 2] = ?
11. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
12. Mohit sold an article for Rs. 18000. Had he offered a discount of 10% on the selling price, he would have earned a profit of 8%. What is the cost price of the article?
13. Ramesh purchased a refrigerator for Rs. 12500 after getting a discount of 20% on the labelled price. He spent Rs. 125 on transport and Rs. 250 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 10% if no discount was offered?
14. 36 * 48 ÷ 64 + 36 ÷ 12 = ?
15. Divide Rs.32000 in the ratio 3:5?
16. 7 + 5 - (3/2 * 1/4) of 2/7 + 7/2 * 1/6 equals -.
17. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
18. Two trains of equal are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. The faster train passes the slower train in 36 sec. The length of each train is?
19. The average of 13 numbers is 60. Average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
20. How many minimum number's of whole square slabs are required for paving the floor 12.96 meters long and 3.84 meters side?
21. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
22. If a: b = 3:4, b:c = 7:9, c:d = 5:7, find a:d?
23. A, B, C enter into a partnership investing Rs. 35,000, Rs. 45,000 and Rs. 55,000 respectively. The respective shares of A, B, C in annual profit of Rs. 40,500 are:
24. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such away that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
25. The tens digit of a two-digit number is two more than its unit digit. The two-digit number is 7 times the sum of the digits. Find the units digits?
26. In a flight of 600 km, an aircraft was slowed down due to bad weather. Its average speed for the trip was reduced by 200 km/hr and the time of flight increased by 30 minutes. The duration of the flight is?
27. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
28. How much 60% of 50 is greater than 40% of 30?
29. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
30. Two pipes can fill a tank in 18 minutes and 15 minutes. An outlet pipe can empty the tank in 45 minutes. If all the pipes are opened when the tank is empty, then how many minutes will it take to fill the tank?
31. If the arithmetic mean of seventy five numbers is calculated, it is 35. If each number is increased by 5, then mean of new number is:
32. The radius of a cylindrical vessel is 7cm and height is 3cm. Find the whole surface of the cylinder?
33. Ronald and Elan are working on an assignment. Ronald takes 6 hrs to type 32 pages on a computer, while Elan takes 5 hrs to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
34. A and B start a business, with A investing the total capital of Rs.50000, on the condition that B pays A interest @ 10% per annum on his half of the capital. A is a working partner and receives Rs.1500 per month from the total profit and any profit remaining is equally shared by both of them. At the end of the year, it was found that the income of A is twice that of B. Find the total profit for the year?
35. The speed of a train is 90 kmph. What is the distance covered by it in 10 minutes?
36. Ajay spends 45% of his monthly income on household items, 25% of his monthly income on buying cloths, 7.5% of his monthly income on medicines and saves the remaining amount which is Rs. 9000. Find his monthly income.
37. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q - r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
38. The ratio of the ages of Anil and his son at present is 7 : 3. Six years hence, the ratio of the ages of the Anil's wife and the son will be 2 : 1. Find the ratio of the present ages of Anil and his wife?
39. If the price of an article went up by 20%, then by what percent should it be brought down to bring it back to its original price?
40. A dishonest dealer professes to sell goods at the cost price but uses a weight of 800 grams per kg, what is his percent?
41. If a:b = 4:1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b)?
42. By mixing two brands of tea and selling the mixture at the rate of Rs. 177 per kg. a shopkeeper makes a profit of 18%. If to every 2 kg of one brand costing Rs. 200 per kg, 3 kg of the other brand is added, then how much per kg does the other brand cost?
43. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
44. A, B and C are partners. A receives 2/3 of profits, B and C dividing the remainder equally. A's income is increased by Rs.200 when the rate to profit rises from 5 to 7 percent. Find the Capital of B?
45. The average monthly salary of 20 employees in an organisation is Rs. 1500. If the manager's salary is added, then the average salary increases by Rs. 100. What is the manager's monthly salary?
46. A wholesale tea dealer 408 kilograms, 468 kilograms and 516 kilograms of three different qualities of tea. He wants it all to be packed into boxes of equal size without mixing. Find the capacity of the largest possible box?
47. What is the area of a square field whose diagonal of length 20 m?
48. The proportion of copper and zinc in the brass is 13:7. How much zinc will there be in 100 kg of brass?
49. 12 men can complete a piece of work in 4 days, while 15 women can complete the same work in 4 days. 6 men start working on the job and after working for 2 days, all of them stopped working. How many women should be put on the job to complete the remaining work, if it so to be completed in 3 days?
50. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 sec. The speed of the train is?