Time Left: 00:50:00
1. ? % of 400 + 40% of 160 = 17% of 400
2. A can do a work in 9 days and B can do the same work in 18 days. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
3. If x % of 80 = 20% of y, then x = ? and y = ?
4. The length of a rectangle is increased by 25% and its breadth is decreased by 20%. What is the effect on its area?
5. When 5% is lost in grinding wheat, a country has to import 20 million bags; but when only 2% is lost, it has to import only 15 million bags. Find the quantity of wheat, which grows in the country?
6. A can finish a work in 18 days B can do the same work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work?
7. A can do a piece of work in 20 days. B in 15 days A and C in 12 days. In how many days can A finish the work if he is assisted by B on one day and C on the next, alternately?
8. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?
9. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period(in years) is?
10. Two third of three- fifth of one fourth of a number is 24, what is 30% of that number?
11. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
12. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
13. What are the number of ways to select 3 men and 2 women such that one man and one woman are always selected?
14. By selling an article at Rs.800, a shopkeeper makes a profit of 25%. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a loss of 25%?
15. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
16. 9000 + 16 2/3 % of ? = 10500
17. If a person walks at 14 km/hr instead of 10 km/hr, he would have walked 20 km more. The actual distance traveled by him is?
18. In a hostel there were 100 students. To accommodate 20 more students the average is decreased by rupees 5. But total expenditure increased by Rs.400. Find the total expenditure of the hostel now?
19. Express 25 mps in kmph?
20. Ravi can do a piece of work in 30 days while Prakash can do it in 40 days. In how many days will they finish it together?
21. Ayesha's father was 38 years of age when she was born while her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages of her parents?
22. A car covers a distance of 624 km in 6 ½ hours. Find its speed?
23. How many cubes of edge 2 dm can be cut out of a meter cube?
24. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
25. Twelve men and six women together can complete a piece of work in four days. The work done by a women in one day is half the work done by a man in one day. If 12 men and six women started working and after two days, six men left and six women joined, then in hoe many more days will the work be completed?
26. A is thrice as efficient as B and is, therefore, able to finish a piece of work 10 days earlier than B. In how many days A and B will finish it together?
27. If x;Y = 5:2, then (8x + 9y):(8x + 2y) is :
28. The ratio of the ages of Anil and his son at present is 7:3. Six years hence, the ratio of the ages of the Anil's wife and the son will be 2:1. Find the ratio of the present ages of Anil and his wife?
29. The sum of five numbers is 655. The average of the first two numbers is 85 and the third number is 125. Find the average of the two numbers?
30. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. What is the total distance traveled by the man?
31. The area of a triangle will be when a = 1m, b = 2m, c = 3m, a, b, c being lengths of respective sides.
32. A train 360 m long is running at a speed of 45 km/hr. In what time will it pass a bridge 140 m long?
33. The average weight of A, B and C is 45 kg. If the average weight of A and B be 40 kg and that of B and C be 43 kg, then the weight of B is:
34. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. Find the length of the train.
35. A sum of money lent out at S.I. amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is?
36. Subtracting 10% from X is the same as multiplying X by what number?
37. 0.003 * ? * 0.0003 = 0.00000027
38. The cost price of a radio is Rs.1500 and it was sold for Rs.1230, find the loss %?
39. The S.I. on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 8% per annum is half the C.I. on Rs. 4000 for 2 years at 10% per annum. The sum placed on S.I. is?
40. A certain number when divided by 39 leaves a remainder 20, what is the remainder when the same number is divided by 13?
41. Find the average of the first 20 natural numbers?
42. A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 min. If it takes 6 sec to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train is?
43. A car started running at a speed of 30 km/hr and the speed of the car was increased by 2 km/hr at the end of every hour. Find the total distance covered by the car in the first 10 hours of the journey.
44. A man sells a horse for Rs.800 and loses something, if he had sold it for Rs.980, his gain would have been double the former loss. Find the cost price of the
45. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
46. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
47. 20 women can do a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days. 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
48. If 6 (A's capital) = 8 (B's capital) = 10 (C's capital). Then the ratio of their capitals is:
49. A train 540 meters long is running with a speed of 54 kmph. The time taken by it to cross a tunnel 180 meters long is?
50. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?