Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A sum of money lent out at S.I. amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is?
2. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
3. The ratio of investments of two partners P and Q is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10. If P invested the money for 5 months, find for how much time
did Q invest the money?
4. A man saves 20% of his monthly salary. If an account of dearness of things he is to increase his monthly expenses by 20%, he is only able to save Rs. 200 per month. What is his monthly salary?
5. The cost of 10 kg of apples is equal to the cost of 24 kg of rice. The cost of 6 kg of flour equals the cost of 2 kg of rice. The cost of each kg of flour is Rs.20.50. Find the total cost of 4 kg of apples, 3 kg of rice and 5 kg of flour?
6. The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers exceeds their product by 91. Find the integers?
7. Ram's age and Shyam's age are in the ratio 3:4. Seven years ago the ratio of their ages was 2:3. Find the ratio of their ages five years hence?
8. In how many ways can three consonants and two vowels be selected from the letters of the word "TRIANGLE"?
9. 25 2/5 + 8 4/5 + 4/5 = ?
10. 33/4 of 4500 + ? = 118500
11. The area of the cardboard(in cm2) needed to make a box of size 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm will be?
12. Find the H.C.F of 204, 1190 and 1445?
13. (5 - 7)2 * (6 - 9)2 / (23)-2 = ?
14. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case.
15. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
16. The average age 9 members of a committee are the same as it was 2 years ago, because an old number has been replaced by a younger number. Find how much younger is the new member than the old number?
17. How much time will a train of length 200 m moving at a speed of 72 kmph take to cross another train of length 300 m, moving at 36 kmph in the same direction?
18. Manoj borrowed Rs.3450 from Anwar at 6% p.a. simple interest for three years. He then added some more money to the borrowed sum and lent it to Ramu for the same time at 9% p.a. simple interest. If Manoj gains Rs.824.85 by way of interest on the borrowed sum as well as his own amount from the whole transaction, then what is the sum lent by him to Ramu?
19. If (x + y)/(2x + y) = 4/5, then find (2x + y)/(3x + y).
20. A started a business with an investment of Rs. 70000 and after 6 months B joined him investing Rs. 120000. If the profit at the end of a year is Rs. 52000, then the share of B is?
21. A man was employed on the promise that he will be paid the highest wages per day. The contract money to be paid was Rs. 1189. Finally he was paid only Rs. 1073. For how many days did he actually work?
22. Sixty men can stitch 200 shirts in 30 days working 8 hours a day. In how many days can 45 men stitch 300 shirts working 6 hours a day?
23. Find the average of the series : 312, 162, 132, 142 and 122?
24. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
25. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5 : 4. If the income of the person is Rs. 18000, then find his savings.
26. 96 is divided into two parts in such a way that seventh part of first and ninth part of second are equal. Find the smallest part?
27. In a game of billiards, A can give B 20 points in 60 and he can give C 30 points in 60. How many points can B give C in a game of 100?
28. The average of 11 numbers is 10.9. If the average of first six is 10.5 and that of the last six is 11.4 the sixth number is?
29. At what rate of interest is an amount doubled in two years, when compounded annually?
30. A dealer purchases 15 articles for Rs. 25 and sells 12 articles for Rs. 30. Find the profit percentage?
31. A shopkeeper buys mangoes at the rate of 4 a rupee and sells them at 3 a rupee. Find his net profit or loss percent?
32. Rs.800 amounts to Rs.920 in 3 years at simple interest. If the interest is increased by 3%, it would amount to how much?
33. Amar takes as much time in running 18 meters as a car takes in covering 48 meters. What will be the distance covered by Amar during the time the car covers 1.6 km?
34. A building contractor employs 20 male, 15 female and 5 child workers. To a male worker he pays Rs.25 per day, to a female worker Rs.20 per day and a child worker Rs.8 per day. The average wage per day paid by the contractor is?
35. Find the area of a parallelogram with base 24 cm and height 16 cm.
36. (272/4-3)-5/6 = ?
37. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
38. If the C.I. on a sum for 2 years at 12 1/2 % per annum is Rs. 510, the S.I. on the same sum at the same rate for the same period of time is?
39. The probability that A speaks truth is 3/5 and that of B speaking truth is 4/7. What is the probability that they agree in stating the same fact?
40. The price of an article has been reduced by 25%. In order to restore the original price the new price must be increased by?
41. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
42. Two cars P and Q start at the same time from A and B which are 120 km apart. If the two cars travel in opposite directions, they meet after one hour and if they travel in same direction (from A towards B), then P meets Q after 6 hours. What is the speed of car P?
43. If goods be purchased for Rs.840 and one-fourth be sold at a loss of 20% at what gain percent should the remainder be sold so as to gain 20% on the whole transaction?
44. (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 - (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
45. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period(in years) is?
46. If A:B = 2:3, B:C = 4:5 and C:D = 6:7, then A:B:C:D is:
47. Ronald and Elan are working on an assignment. Ronald takes 6 hrs to type 32 pages on a computer, while Elan takes 5 hrs to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
48. A shopkeeper loses 15%,if an article is sold for Rs. 102. What should be the selling price of the article to gain 20%?
49. What is the sum of all the numbers between 300 and 1000 which are divisible by 179?
50. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 50 and 512.