Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the ratio of the curved surfaces of two cylinders of same heights if their radii are in the ratio 1:2.
2. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24, 30 and 40 days respectively. They start the work together but C leaves 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days is the work done?
3. Three years ago the average age of a family of six members was 19 years. A boy have been born, the average age of the family is the same today. What is the age of the boy?
4. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
5. If four coins are tossed, the probability of getting two heads and two tails is -.
6. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that exactly three bulbs are good.
7. (0.456 * 0.456 - 0.228 * 0.228) / (0.456 + 0.228) = ?
8. What is the sum of the local values of the digits 2, 3, 4, 5 in the number 2345?
9. A batsman makes a score of 64 runs in the 16th innings and thus increased his average by 3. Find his average after the 16th inning?
10. Find the least number which when divided by 35 and 11 leaves a remainder of 1 in each case.
11. A sum of money is put out at compound interest for 2 years at 20%. It would fetch Rs.482 more if the interest were payable half-yearly, then it were pay able yearly. Find the sum.
12. (830 + ? * 3 * 14 / 100) - (830 * 14 * 3 / 100) = 20.16
13. A 180 meter long train crosses a man standing on the platform in 6 sec. What is the speed of the train?
14. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 9:17. The first number is:
15. What is the sum of all the composite numbers up to 20?
16. Two trains are moving at 50 kmph and 70 kmph in opposite directions. Their lengths are 150 m and 100 m respectively. The time they will take to pass each other
17. 7 + 1/2 of [8 - 4 / 2 * 3 - 1 + 1 + (4 + 2) - 2 * 2] = ?
18. Varma can read a book in k minutes. What part of the book can he read in 8 minutes?(k>8)
19. A walks around a circular field at the rate of one round per hour while B runs around it at the rate of six rounds per hour. They start in the same direction from the same point at 7.30 a.m. They shall first cross each other at?
20. (4300731) - ? = 2535618
21. A laborer is engaged for 30 days on the condition that he receives Rs.25 for each day he works and is fined Rs.7.50 for each day is absent. He gets Rs.425 in
all. For how many days was he absent?
22. A total of 3000 chocolates were distributed among 120 boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls?
23. The least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 20% C.I. will be more than doubled is?
24. Kamal started a business investing Rs. 9000. After five months, Sameer joined with a capital of Rs. 8000. If at the end of the year, they earn a profit of Rs. 6970, then what will be the share of Sameer in the profit?
25. A and B together have Rs. 1210. If 4/15 of A's amount is equal to 2/5 of B's amount, how much amount does B have?
26. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
27. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
mean proportional between 4 and 9 is?
29. What will be the difference between simple and compound interest at 10% per annum on a sum of Rs. 1000 after 4 years?
30. 1296 ÷ (24 * 0.75) = ?
31. Ramesh purchased a refrigerator for Rs. 12500 after getting a discount of 20% on the labelled price. He spent Rs. 125 on transport and Rs. 250 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 10% if no discount was offered?
32. A man buys milk at a certain rate per liter and after adding water to it sells the mixture at the same rate. Find in what ration he much mix water to milk so
as to gain 20% on his outlay?
33. A started a business with an investment of Rs. 70000 and after 6 months B joined him investing Rs. 120000. If the profit at the end of a year is Rs. 52000, then the share of B is?
34. 31.2 * 14.5 * 9.6 = ?
35. A and B starts a business with Rs.8000 each, and after 4 months, B withdraws half of his capital . How should they share the profits at the end of the 18 months?
36. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% and its consumption increased by 15%. The effect on revenue is?
37. LCM of 87 and 145 is:
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. The average age of a group of 10 persons was decreased by 3 years when one person, whose age was 42 years, was replaced by a new person. Find the age of the new person?
40. Ten years ago, the age of Anand was one-third the age of Bala at that time. The present age of Bala is 12 years more than the present age of Anand. Find the present age of Anand?
41. A room is 15m long, 4m broad and 3m height. Find the cost of white washing its four walls at 50p per m2 ?
42. The average height of 50 pupils in a class is 150 cm. Five of them whose height is 146 cm, leave the class and five others whose average height is 156 cm, join. The new average height of the pupils of the class (in cm) is __________ .
43. In an election between two candidates A and B, the number of valid votes received by A exceeds those received by B by 15% of the total number of votes polled. If 20% of the votes polled were invalid and a total of 8720 votes were polled, then how many valid votes did B get?
44. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
45. A train crosses a platform of 120 m in 15 sec, same train crosses another platform of length 180 m in 18 sec. then find the length of the train?
46. Two trains are moving in the same direction at 72 kmph and 36 kmph. The faster train crosses a man in the slower train in 27 seconds. Find the length of the faster train?
47. Find the area of a rhombus whose side is 25 cm and one of the diagonals is 30 cm?
48. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
49. The sum of three numbers is 98. If the ratio of the first to the second is 2:3. And that of the second to the third is 5:8, then the second number is:
50. A large tanker can be filled by two pipes A and B in 60 and 40 minutes respectively. How many minutes will it take to fill the tanker from empty state if B is used for half the time and A and B fill it together for the other half?