Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Rajan got married 8 years ago. His present age is 6/5 times his age at the time of his marriage. Rajan's sister was 10 years younger to him at the time of his marriage. The age of Rajan's sister is:
2. The C.I. on a certain sum for 2 years at 10% per annum is Rs. 525. The S.I. on the same sum for double the time at half the rate percent per annum is?
3. A certain sum of money doubles itself in 10 years in how much many years will it trible itself at the same rate?
4. A person got Rs.48 more when he invested a certain sum at compound interest instead of simple interest for two years at 8% p.a. Find the sum?
5. The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 1920 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1280. At what price should the article be sold to make 25% profit?
6. A sum of money invested at C.I. amounts to Rs. 800 in 3 years to Rs. 840 in 4 years. The rate of interest per annum is?
7. A cistern is filled by a tap in 3 1/2 hours. Due to leak in the bottom of the cistern, it takes half an hour longer to fill the cistern. If the cistern is full how long will it take the leak to empty it?
8. The edge of a cube is 2a cm. Find its surface?
9. A starts business with a capital of Rs.1200 B and C join with some investments after 3 and 6 months respectively. If the end of a year, the profit is divided
in the ratio 2:3:5 respectively. What is B's investment in the business?
10. The number of arrangements that can be made with the letters of the word MEADOWS so that the vowels occupy the even places?
11. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 is subtracted from each, the new numbers are in the ratio 12:23. The smaller number is:
12. A and B’s salaries together amount to Rs. 2,000. A spends 95% of his salary and B spends 85% of his. If now their savings are the same, what is A’s salary?
13. A man goes from A to B at a speed of 20 kmph and comes back to A at a speed of 30 kmph. Find his average speed for the entire journey?
14. The difference between a positive proper fraction and its reciprocal is 9/20. The fraction is:
15. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
16. (3a+1 9a+2 27a) / (3a-1 9a 27a+1) = ?
17. Find the average of the series : 312, 162, 132, 142 and 122?
18. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?
19. A 25 cm wide path is to be made around a circular garden having a diameter of 4 meters. Approximate area of the path is square meters is
20. A, B and C rents a pasture for Rs.870. A put in 12 horses for 8 months, B 16 horses for 9 months and 18 horses for 6 months. How much should C pay?
21. The area of a parallelogram is 128sq m and its altitude is twice the corresponding base. Then the length of the base is?
22. The sum and the product of the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 20x + 3 = 0 are?
23. The difference between simple and compound interest on Rs. 1200 for one year at 10% per annum reckoned half-yearly is?
24. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
25. Find the C.I. on Rs. 15,625 for 9 months at 16% per annum compounded quarterly?
26. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
27. In a class there are 20 boys and 25 girls. In how many ways can a boy and a girl be selected?
28. A person takes 20 minutes more to cover a certain distance by decreasing his speed by 20%. What is the time taken to cover the distance at his original speed?
29. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
30. The ratio of the ages of Anil and his son at present is 7 : 3. Six years hence, the ratio of the ages of the Anil's wife and the son will be 2 : 1. Find the ratio of the present ages of Anil and his wife?
31. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
32. Find the quadratic equations whose roots are the reciprocals of the roots of 2x2 + 5x + 3 = 0?
33. A basket has 5 apples and 4 oranges. Three fruits are picked at random. The probability that at least 2 apples are picked is -.
34. How many liters of oil at Rs.40 per liter should be mixed with 240 liters of a second variety of oil at Rs.60 per liter so as to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.52 per liter?
35. A, B and C completed a piece of work, A worked for 6 days, B for 9 days and C for 4 days. Their daily wages were in the ratio of 3:4:5. Find the daily wages of C, if their total earning was Rs.1480?
36. The present average age of a family of five members is 26 years. If the present age of the youngest member in the family is ten years, then what was the average age of the family at the time of the birth of the youngest member ? (Assume no death occurred in the family since the birth of the youngest)
37. When 5% is lost in grinding wheat, a country has to import 20 million bags; but when only 2% is lost, it has to import only 15 million bags. Find the quantity of wheat, which grows in the country?
38. A, B and C invested Rs.6300, Rs.4200 and Rs.10500 respectively, in a partnership business. Find the share of A in profit of Rs.12100 after a year?
39. In how much time would the simple interest on a certain sum be 0.125 times the principal at 10% per annum?
40. Three number are in the ratio 5:6:7. The sum of its largest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
41. The sector of a circle has radius of 21 cm and central angle 135o. Find its perimeter?
42. The average age of students of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years and that of the girls is 15.4 years. The ration of the number of boys to the number of girls in the class is:
43. The age of father 10 years ago was thrice the age of his son. Ten years hence, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
44. The compound ratio of 2/3, 6/7, 1/3 and 1/8 is given by?
45. The two trains of lengths 400 m, 600 m respectively, running at same directions. The faster train can cross the slower train in 180 sec, the speed of the slower train is 48 km. then find the speed of the faster train?
46. Present ages of X and Y are in the ratio 5:6 respectively. Seven years hence this ratio will become 6:7 respectively. What is X's present age in years?
47. The dimensions of a room are 25 feet * 15 feet * 12 feet. What is the cost of white washing the four walls of the room at Rs. 5 per square feet if there is one door of dimensions 6 feet * 3 feet and three windows of dimensions 4 feet * 3 feet each?
48. Two persons A and B can complete a piece of work in 30 days and 45 days respectively. If they work together, what part of the work will be completed in 3 days?
49. A person travels equal distances with speeds of 3 km/hr, 4 km/hr and 5 km/hr and takes a total time of 47 minutes. The total distance is?
50. What is the ratio between perimeters of two squares one having 3 times the diagonal then the other?