Time Left: 00:50:00
1. What is the least number which when divided by 8, 12, 18 and 24 leaves the remainders 4, 8, 14 and 20 respectively?
2. A boat goes 100 km downstream in 10 hours, and 75 m upstream in 15 hours. The
speed of the stream is?
3. A train of 24 carriages, each of 60 meters length, when an engine also of 60 meters length is running at a speed of 60 kmph. In what time will the train cross a bridge 1.5 km long?
4. The C.I. on a certain sum for 2 years Rs.41 and the simple interest is Rs.40. What is the rate percent?
5. In an examination 38% of students fail in English and 61% pass in Hindi and 23% fail in both. Find the actual failure percentage?
6. What is the unit digit in 7105 ?
7. A money lender finds that due to a fall in the annual rate of interest from 8% to 7 3/4 % his yearly income diminishes by Rs. 61.50, his capital is?
8. Subtracting 30 from a number, the remainder is one fourth of the number. Find the number?
9. If Rs. 782 be divided into three parts, proportional to 1/2:2/3:3/4, then the first part is:
10. The L.C.M of 23 * 32 * 5 and 33 * 5 2 * 23 is.
11. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 20% and its denominator is diminished by 25% value of the fraction is 2/15. Find the original fraction.
12. A man can do a job in 15 days. His father takes 20 days and his son finishes it in 25 days. How long will they take to complete the job if they all work together?
13. A salesman’s terms were changed from a flat commission of 5% on all his sales to a fixed salary of Rs.1000 plus 2.5% commission on all sales exceeding Rs. 4,000. If his remuneration as per new scheme was Rs. 600 more than that by the previous schema, his sales were worth?
14. Ram sold two bicycles, each for Rs.990. If he made 10% profit on the first and 10% loss on the second, what is the total cost of both bicycles?
15. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
16. A man traveled a total distance of 1800 km. He traveled one-third of the whole trip by plane and the distance traveled by train is three-fifth of the distance traveled by bus. If he traveled by train, plane and bus, then find the distance traveled by bus?
17. If six persons sit in a row, then the probability that three particular persons are always together is -.
18. The cost of 16 pens and 8 pencils is Rs.352 and the cost of 4 pens and 4 pencils is Rs.96. Find the cost of each pen?
19. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
20. (0.456 * 0.456 - 0.228 * 0.228) / (0.456 + 0.228) = ?
21. 183.21 + 2.9928 * 66.84 = ?
22. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks out of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
23. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9 : 10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
24. A sum of money lent out at S.I. amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is?
25. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
26. A sum of money is to be distributed among A, B, C, D in the proportion of 5:2:4:3. If C gets Rs. 1000 more than D, what is B's share?
27. Kamal started a business investing Rs. 9000. After five months, Sameer joined with a capital of Rs. 8000. If at the end of the year, they earn a profit of Rs. 6970, then what will be the share of Sameer in the profit?
28. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
29. The ratio of the present ages of P and Q is 3:4. 5 years ago, the ratio of their ages was 5:7. Find the their present ages?
30. 242 + 420 + 1611 + 647 equals
31. The volume of a cube is 1728 cc. Find its surface.
32. A and B began business with Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 after 8 months, A withdraws Rs.1000 and B advances Rs.1000 more. At the end of the year, their profits
amounted to Rs.630 find the share of A.
33. [(523 + 27) * (187 - 35) / (424 + 16)] / [110/22 of (2 * 38)] = ?
34. Every year an amount increases by 1/8th of itself. How much will it be after two years if its present value is Rs.64000?
35. I. a3 - 988 = 343, II. b2 - 72 = 49 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
36. The compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.44000 at the end of two years is Rs.1193.60. What would be the simple interest accrued on the same amount at the same rate in the same period?
37. If a and b are the roots of the equation x2 - 9x + 20 = 0, find the value of a2 + b2 + ab?
38. ³√4900 + 123 = ? / 33.004
39. The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their surface area?
40. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the figures 3, 4, 7, 0, 3?
41. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 7429 and of the last three is 12673. Find the fourth number?
42. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3 % more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
43. A number consists of two digits. If the digits interchange places and the new number is added to the original number, then the resulting number will be divisible by:
44. Solve the equation for x : 19(x + y) + 17 = 19(-x + y) - 21
45. Ratio of the earnings of A and B is 4:7. If the earnings of A increases by 50% and those of B decreased by 25%, the new ratio of their earnings becomes 8:7. What are A's earnings?
46. An amount of money is to be divided between P, Q and R in the ratio of 3:7:12. If the difference between the shares of P and Q is Rs.2400, what will be the
difference between Q and R's share?
47. The average mark of the students of a class in a particular exam is 80. If 5 students whose average mark in that exam is 40 are excluded, the average mark of the remaining will be 90. Find the number of students who wrote the exam.
48. Ayesha's father was 38 years of age when she was born while her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages of her parents?
49. The present average age of a family of five members is 26 years. If the present age of the youngest member in the family is ten years, then what was the average age of the family at the time of the birth of the youngest member ? (Assume no death occurred in the family since the birth of the youngest)
50. The monthly incomes of A and B are in the ratio 5 : 2. B's monthly income is 12% more than C's monthly income. If C's monthly income is Rs. 15000, then find the annual income of A?