Time Left: 00:50:00
2. If x = √196 + √200, then x/2 + 2/x is?
3. - 84 * 29 + 365 = ?
4. What is the sum of the local values of the digits 2, 3, 4, 5 in the number 2345?
5. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: 2x2 + 3x - 9 = 0?
6. If cost of sugar increases by 25%. How much percent consumption of sugar should be decreased in order to keep expenditure fixed?
7. 1: 3 = 1 2/3: x. The value of x is?
8. The length of a rectangle is two - fifths of the radius of a circle. The radius of the circle is equal to the side of the square, whose area is 1225 sq.units. What is the area (in sq.units) of the rectangle if the rectangle if the breadth is 10 units?
9. Find the cost of fencing around a circular field of diameter 28 m at the rate of Rs.1.50 a meter?
10. The average age of 8 men increases by 2 years when two women are included in place of two men of ages 20 and 24 years. Find the average age of the women?
11. (64 + 9 + 9) / (2 * 20 + 1) = ?
12. Avinash is twice as fast as Bharat, and Bharat is one-third as fast as Chandra. If together they can complete a piece of work in 30 days, in how many days can Avinash, Bharat and Chandra do the work respectively?
13. An engineering student has to secure 36% marks to pass. He gets 130 marks and fails by 14 marks. The maximum No. of marks obtained by him is?
14. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected if it should have at least one senior?
15. By selling an article at Rs.600, a profit of 25% is made. Find its cost price?
16. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
17. What will be the ratio of simple interest earned by certain amount at the same rate of interest for 6 years and that for 9 years?
18. The product of two successive numbers is 4556. Which of the following is the larger of the two numbers?
19. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs. 6.50 per kg. What will be his gain percent?
20. Find the simple interest on Rs.500 for 9 months at 6 paisa per month?
21. Present ages of Sameer and Anand are in the ratio of 5:4 respectively. Three years hence, the ratio of their ages will become 11:9 respectively. What is Anand's present age in years?
22. A sum of money is to be distributed among A, B, C, D in the proportion of 5:2:4:3. If C gets Rs. 1000 more than D, what is B's share?
23. A can finish a work in 18 days B can do the same work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work?
24. Sreenivas sells a table to Shiva at 10% profit and Shiva sells it to Mahesh at 10% loss. At what price did Sreenivas purchase the table if Mahesh paid Rs. 2178?
25. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that exactly two dice show the same number on them is -.
26. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 sec. The speed of the train is?
27. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
28. If a man can cover 12 metres in one second, how many kilometres can he cover in 3 hours 45 minutes?
29. Find the ratio of the curved surfaces of two cylinders of same heights if their radii are in the ratio 1:2.
30. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
31. What is the area of a square field whose diagonal of length 20 m?
LCM of 18 and 27 is:
33. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
34. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 10 and 15 minutes respectively. A person opens both the pipes together when the cistern should have been was full he finds the waste pipe open. He then closes the waste pipe and in another 4 minutes the cistern was full. In what time can the waste pipe empty the cistern when fill?
35. A certain number of men can do a work in 65 days working 6 hours a day. If the number of men are decreased by one-fourth, then for how many hours per day should they work in order to complete the work in 40 days?
36. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 20 and 30 minutes respectively, and a third pipe C can empty it in 40 minutes. How long will it take to fill the cistern if all the three are opened at the same time?
37. A number when divided by 221 gives a remainder 43, what remainder will be obtained by dividing the same number 17?
38. A question paper consists of five problems, each problem having three internal choices. In how many ways can a candidate attempt one or more problems?
39. The number of permutations of the letters of the word 'MESMERISE' is_.
40. Find the fraction which has the same ratio to 2/13 that 5/34 has to 7/48.
41. If 10% of x = 20% of y, then x:y is equal to:
42. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
43. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?
44. The length of the longest rod that can fit in a cubical room of 4 m side is?
45. [(62.25/2.5) + (12.5/0.5)] / [(0.75 * 9) + (3.5 * 3.5)] = ?
46. Using all the letters of the word "THURSDAY", how many different words can be formed?
47. A train 360 m long is running at a speed of 45 km/hr. In what time will it pass a bridge 140 m long?
48. The dimensions of a room are 25 feet * 15 feet * 12 feet. What is the cost of white washing the four walls of the room at Rs. 5 per square feet if there is one door of dimensions 6 feet * 3 feet and three windows of dimensions 4 feet * 3 feet each?
49. (3a+1 9a+2 27a) / (3a-1 9a 27a+1) = ?
50. [(3.572)3 + (2.428)3] / [(3.572)2 - (3.572) * (2.428) + (2.428)2] is equal to -.