Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2:3, then find the number of pens that D gets?
2. The C.P of 15 books is equal to the S.P of 18 books. Find his gain% or loss%?
3. Rs.2500 is divided into two parts such that if one part be put out at 5% simple interest and the other at 6%, the yearly annual income may be Rs.140. How much was lent at 5%?
4. The ratio of the prices of three articles X, Y and Z is 8 : 5 : 3. If the prices of X , Y and Z are increased by 25%, 20% and 33 1/3% respectively, then what would be the ratio of the new prices of X, Y and Z?
5. A bag contains nine yellow balls, three white balls and four red balls. In how many ways can two balls be drawn from the bag?
6. The average of 35 numbers is 25. If each number is multiplied by 5, find the new average?
7. Two persons start running simultaneously around a circular track of length 300 m from the same point at speeds of 15 km/hr and 25 km/hr. When will they meet for the first time any where on the track if they are moving in opposite directions?
8. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that no two dice show the same number on them is -.
9. The average monthly salary of 20 employees in an organisation is Rs. 1500. If the manager's salary is added, then the average salary increases by Rs. 100. What is the manager's monthly salary?
10. 5 men and 12 boys finish a piece of work in 4 days, 7 men and 6 boys do it in 5 days. The ratio between the efficiencies of a man and boy is?
11. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?
12. The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is:
13. The distance between two cities A and B is 330 km. A train starts from A at 8 a.m. and travels towards B at 60 km/hr. Another train starts from B at 9 a.m. and travels towards A at 75 km/hr. At what time do they meet?
14. The curved surface of a sphere is 64 π cm2. Find its radius?
15. ? % of 400 + 40% of 160 = 17% of 400
16. The sum of a number and its reciprocal is one-eighth of 34. What is the product of the number and its square root?
17. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
18. A boy goes to his school from his house at a speed of 3 km/hr and returns at a speed of 2 km/hr. If he takes 5 hours in going and coming. The distance between his house and school is?
19. [(√7 + √5) / ( (√7 - √5)] + [(√7 - √5) / (√7 + √5)] = ?
20. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
21. The sides of a triangle are in the ratio 5: 12: 13 and its perimeter is 300 m, its area is?
22. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
23. The average weight of a group of boys is 30 kg. After a boy of weight 35 kg joins the group, the average weight of the group goes up by 1 kg. Find the number of boys in the group originally ?
24. The cost of 2 chairs and 3 tables is Rs.1300. The cost of 3 chairs and 2 tables is Rs.1200. The cost of each table is more than that of each chair by?
25. What will be the compound interest on a sum of Rs. 25,000 after 3 years at the rate of 12% p.a.?
26. How many cubes of edge 2 dm can be cut out of a meter cube?
27. √3584 * 52.034 = ?
28. In a division sum, the remainder is 0. As student mistook the divisor by 12 instead of 21 and obtained 35 as quotient. What is the correct quotient?
29. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
30. A, B and C invested Rs.6300, Rs.4200 and Rs.10500 respectively, in a partnership business. Find the share of A in profit of Rs.12100 after a year?
31. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
32. Ratio between two numbers is 3: 4 and their sum is 420. Find the smaller number?
33. A wire in the form of a circle of radius 3.5 m is bent in the form of a rectangule, whose length and breadth are in the ratio of 6 : 5. What is the area of the rectangle?
34. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 60 min and 75 min respectively. There is a third pipe in the bottom of the cistern to empty it. If all the three pipes are simultaneously opened, then the cistern is full in 50 min. In how much time, the third pipe alone can empty the cistern?
35. (800 / 64) * (1296 / 36) = ?
36. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank from empty to full in 30 minutes, 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. When the tank is empty, all the three pipes are opened. A, B and C discharge chemical solutions P, Q and R respectively. What is the proportion of solution R in the liquid in the tank after 3 minutes?
37. A person bought an article and sold it at a loss of 10%. If he had bought it for 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost price?
38. The H.C.F and L.C.M of two numbers are 84 and 21 respectively. If the ratio of the two numbers is 1:4, then the larger of the two numbers is:
39. The average monthly salary of laborers and supervisors in a factory is Rs.1250 per month; where as the average monthly salary of 6 supervisors is Rs.2450. If the average monthly salary of the laborers is Rs.950 find the number of laborers?
40. Five bells first begin to toll together and then at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds respectively. After what interval of time will they toll again together?
41. Sum of two consecutive even terms lacks by 98 from their product. Find the sum of these numbers?
42. By selling an article at Rs.600, a profit of 25% is made. Find its cost price?
43. The product of two natural numbers is 17. Then, the sum of the reciprocals of their squares is:
44. The radius of the base of cone is 3 cm and height is 4 cm. Find the volume of the cone?
45. A train leaves Delhi at 9 a.m. at a speed of 30 kmph. Another train leaves at 2 p.m. at a speed of 40 kmph on the same day and in the same direction. How far
from Delhi, will the two trains meet?
46. 5/8 * 2(2/5 - 5/4) / 1 1/4 = ?
47. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
48. (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 - (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
49. A, B and C have Rs.500 between them, A and C together have Rs.200 and B and C Rs.350. How much does C have?
50. If a number is subtracted from its square we get 272. Find the number?