Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q - r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
2. Find the quadratic equations whose roots are the reciprocals of the roots of 2x2 + 5x + 3 = 0?
3. A sum of money is to be distributed among A, B, C, D in the proportion of 5:2:4:3. If C gets Rs. 1000 more than D, what is B's share?
4. What amount does Kiran get if he invests Rs. 18000 at 15% p.a. simple interest for four years?
5. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
6. The sum of the square of the three consecutive even natural numbers is 1460. Find the numbers?
7. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
8. Rs.4500 amounts to Rs.5544 in two years at compound interest, compounded annually. If the rate of the interest for the first year is 12%, find the rate of interest for the second year?
9. An article is bought for Rs.675 and sold for Rs.900, find the gain percent?
10. In a race of 1000 m, A can beat by 100 m, in a race of 800m, B can beat C by 100m. By how many meters will A beat C in a race of 600 m?
11. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
12. The average of 1st 3 of 4 numbers is 16 and of the last 3 are 15. If the sum of the first and the last number is 13. What is the last numbers?
13. The difference between simple and compound interest on Rs. 1200 for one year at 10% per annum reckoned half-yearly is?
14. 1/3 of 2/6 of 1/7 of 2/28 of 2140 = ?
15. Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 and 24 minutes respectively and a waste pipe can empty 3 gallons per minute. All the three pipes working together can fill the tank in 15 minutes. The capacity of the tank is?
16. Two numbers are in the ratio of 5:7. If 25 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 35:59. Find the numbers?
17. 12 3/4 * (1 2/17 / 8 1/6) / 5 4/3 = ?
18. The cost of 10 kg of apples is equal to the cost of 24 kg of rice. The cost of 6 kg of flour equals the cost of 2 kg of rice. The cost of each kg of flour is Rs.20.50. Find the total cost of 4 kg of apples, 3 kg of rice and 5 kg of flour?
19. 15 men take 21 days of 8 hours each to do a piece of work. How many days of 6 hours each would 21 women take to do the same. If 3 women do as much work as 2
20. Two trains are running in opposite directions with the same speed. If the length of each train is 120 m and they cross each other in 12 sec, then the speed of each train is?
21. A man gains 20% by selling an article for a certain price. If the sells it at double the price, the percentage of profit will be:
22. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
23. [(7 * 9) + (2 * 12) + 3]/[(12 * 3) + (81/9)] = ?
24. The surface of a cube is 24sq cm. Find its volume?
25. A man can swim in still water at 4.5 km/h, but takes twice as long to swim
upstream than downstream. The speed of the stream is?
26. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 6 and 24.
27. A, B and C are partners. A receives 2/3 of profits, B and C dividing the remainder equally. A's income is increased by Rs.200 when the rate to profit rises from 5 to 7 percent. Find the Capital of B?
28. The area of the cardboard(in cm2) needed to make a box of size 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm will be?
29. A pipe can fill a cistern in 20 minutes whereas the cistern when fill can be emptied by a leak in 28 minutes. When both pipes are opened, find when the cistern will be full?
30. The length of a train and that of a platform are equal. If with a speed of 90 k/hr, the train crosses the platform in one minute, then the length of the train (in meters) is:
31. x varies inversely as square of y. Given that y = 2 for x = 1. The value of x for y = 6 will be equal to:
32. The average height of 35 boys in a class was calculated as 180cm. It has later found that the height of one of the boys in the class was wrongly written as 166 cm whereas his actual height was 106 cm. Find the actual average height of the boys in the class (Round off your answer to two decimal places).
33. If the sum of the two numbers is 22 and the sum of their squares is 404, then the product of the numbers is:
34. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the digit is 36. What is the difference between the sum and the difference of the digits of the number if the ratio between the digits of the number is 1:2?
35. The probability that a number selected at random from the first 50 natural numbers is a composite number is -.
36. 1860 + 4/7 of 21.21 - 41.4 = ?
37. When the numerator of a fraction is decreased by 25% and its denominator is decreased by 20%, the new fraction obtained is 3/4. Find the original fraction?
38. An article was sold after a discount of 20% and there was a gain of 20%. If the profit made on it was Rs. 6 less than the discount offered on it, find its selling price?
39. What will be the compound interest on a sum of Rs. 25,000 after 3 years at the rate of 12% p.a.?
40. Divide Rs.32000 in the ratio 3:5?
41. The number of ways in which six boys and six girls can be seated in a row for a photograph so that no two girls sit together is -.
42. The perimeter of a rhombus is 68 cm and one of its diagonals is 16 cm. Find its area?
43. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 5:7 respectively. If the difference between Q's present age and P's age after 6 years is 2. What is the total of P's and Q's present ages?
44. Find the greatest number that, while dividing 47, 215 and 365, gives the same remainder in each case?
45. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 60 min and 75 min respectively. There is a third pipe in the bottom of the cistern to empty it. If all the three pipes are simultaneously opened, then the cistern is full in 50 min. In how much time, the third pipe alone can empty the cistern?
46. The sum of two numbers is 528 and their H.C.F is 33. The number of pairs of numbers satisfying the above conditions is:
47. The sum of five consecutive odd numbers of set p is 435. What is the sum of five consecutive numbers of another set q. Whose largest number is 45 more than the largest number of set p?
48. Two trains start from P and Q respectively and travel towards each other at a speed of 50 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively. By the time they meet, the first train has traveled 100 km more than the second. The distance between P and Q is?
49. The average weight of 25 persons sitting in a boat had some value. A new person added to them whose weight was 46 kg only. Due to his arrival, the average weight of all the persons decreased by 5 kg. Find the average weight of first 25 persons?
50. In how many years will a sum of money doubles itself at 5% per annum on simple interest?