Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In how many ways can six members be selected from a group of ten members?
2. Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternately, the tank will be full is?
3. 52 * 40.1 = ?
4. Two trains each 250 m in length are running on the same parallel lines in opposite directions with the speed of 80 kmph and 70 kmph respectively. In what time
will they cross each other completely?
5. Rs. 800 becomes Rs. 956 in 3 years at a rate of S.I. If the rate of interest is increased by 4%, what amount will Rs. 800 become in 3 years?
6. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24 days, 30 days and 40 days respectively. They began the work together but C left 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days was the work completed?
7. H.C.F of 3240, 3600 and a third number is 36 and their L.C.M is 24 * 35 * 52 * 72. The third number is:
8. At what rate of interest is an amount doubled in two years, when compounded annually?
9. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
10. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
11. At what rate percent on simple interest will Rs.750 amount to Rs.900 in 5 years?
12. A, B and C are partners. A receives 2/3 of profits, B and C dividing the remainder equally. A's income is increased by Rs.200 when the rate to profit rises from 5 to 7 percent. Find the Capital of B?
13. A paper is in a square form whose one side is 20 cm. Two semi circles are drawn on its opposites as diameters. If these semi circles are cut down what is the area of the remaining paper?
14. If the L.C.M of two numbers is 750 and their product is 18750, find the H.C.F of the numbers.
15. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 50 m and B beats C by 100 m. In the same race, by how many meters does A beat C?
16. An order was placed for the supply of a carper whose length and breadth were in the ratio of 3 : 2. Subsequently, the dimensions of the carpet were altered such that its length and breadth were in the ratio 7 : 3 but were was no change in its parameter. Find the ratio of the areas of the carpets in both the cases.
17. Two persons start running simultaneously around a circular track of length 300 m from the same point at speeds of 15 km/hr and 25 km/hr. When will they meet for the first time any where on the track if they are moving in opposite directions?
18. A garrison of 2000 men has provisions for 54 days. At the end of 15 days, a reinforcement arrives, and it is now found that the provisions will last only for 20 days more. What is the reinforcement?
19. Murali travelled from city A to city B at a speed of 40 kmph and from city B to city C at 60 kmph. What is the average speed of Murali from A to C given that the ratio of distances between A to B and B to C is 2 : 3?
20. How much time will take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
21. A person was asked to subtract 25% of a number from the original but he subtracted 25 from the number. His answer was 25 more than correct one. What was the original number?
22. (50 - ?/29)% of 4200 = 3√196
23. If goods be purchased for Rs.840 and one-fourth be sold at a loss of 20% at what gain percent should the remainder be sold so as to gain 20% on the whole transaction?
24. If x = 3 - √7, then find the value of x + 1/x.
25. Two numbers have a H.C.F of 16 and a product of two numbers is 2560. Find the L.C.M of the two numbers?
26. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
27. A certain number of men can do a work in 65 days working 6 hours a day. If the number of men are decreased by one-fourth, then for how many hours per day should they work in order to complete the work in 40 days?
28. Find the least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 25% compound interest will be more than double of itself?
29. Robert is traveling on his cycle and has calculated to reach point A at 2 p.m. if he travels at 10 km/hr; he will reach there at 12 noon if he travels at 15 km/hr. At what speed must he travel to reach A at 1 p.m.?
30. If the price has fallen by 10% what percent of its consumption be: increased so that the expenditure may be the same as before?
31. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
32. Two persons A and B take a field on rent. A puts on it 21 horses for 3 months and 15 cows for 2 months; B puts 15 cows for 6months and 40 sheep for 7 1/2 months. If one day, 3 horses eat as much as 5 cows and 6 cows as much as 10 sheep, what part of the rent should A pay?
33. The average of the marks of 12 students in a class is 36. If the marks of each student are doubled, find the new average?
34. 35 + 15 * 1.5 = ?
35. A bag contains 7 green and 8 white balls. If two balls are drawn simultaneously, the probability that both are of the same colour is -.
36. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
37. A single discount equivalent to the discount series of 20%, 10% and 5% is?
38. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
39. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 3x2 - 7x - 6 = 0?
40. Excluding stoppages, the average speed of a bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages, the average speed of the bus is 40 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
41. A batsman in his 17th innings makes a score of 85 and their by increasing his average by 3. What is his average after the 17thinnings?
42. (0.9 * 0.9 - 0.8 * 0.8)/1.7 = ?
43. Find the least number which when divide by 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 7 leaves no remainder?
44. The cost of 10 kg of apples is equal to the cost of 24 kg of rice. The cost of 6 kg of flour equals the cost of 2 kg of rice. The cost of each kg of flour is Rs.20.50. Find the total cost of 4 kg of apples, 3 kg of rice and 5 kg of flour?
45. In a can, there is a mixture of milk and water in the ratio 4 : 5. If it is filled with an additional 8 litres of milk the can would be full and ratio of milk and water would become 6 : 5. Find the capacity of the can?
46. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24, 30 and 40 days respectively. They start the work together but C leaves 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days is the work done?
47. If x % of 80 = 20% of y, then x = ? and y = ?
48. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
49. Four car rental agencies A, B, C and D rented a plot for parking their cars during the night. A parked 15 cars for 12 days, B parked 12 cars for 20 days, C parked 18 cars for 18 days and D parked 16 cars for 15 days. If A paid Rs. 1125 as rent for parking his cars, what is the total rent paid by all the four agencies?
50. The area of a base of a cone is 30 cm2. If the height of the cone is 6cm, find its volume?