Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A man saves Rs. 200 at the end of each year and lends the money at 5% compound interest. How much will it become at the end of 3 years?
2. I. a2 + 11a + 30 = 0, II. b2 + 6b + 5 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
3. X and Y can do a piece of work in 20 days and 12 days respectively. X started the work alone and then after 4 days Y joined him till the completion of the work. How long did the work last?
4. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs. 4 less than half of the total amount, B's share is Rs. 8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the rest which is Rs. 14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
5. Anil invested a sum of money at a certain rate of simple interest for a period of five years. Had he invested the sum for a period of eight years for the same rate, the total intrest earned by him would have been sixty percent more than the earlier interest amount. Find the rate of interest p.a.
6. The volume of a cube is 1728 cc. Find its surface.
7. (112 * 54) = ?
8. A person buys an article at Rs.500. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a profit of 20%?
9. The average of first 10 natural numbers is?
10. A cylinder and a cone have a same height and same radius of the base. The ratio between the volumes of the cylinder and cone is?
11. In how much time will a train of length 100 m, moving at 36 kmph cross an electric pole?
12. Find the greatest number which is such that when 697, 909 and 1227 are divided by it, the remainders are all the same?
13. There are some rabbits and peacocks in a zoo. The total number of their heads is 60 and total number of their legs is 192. Find the number of total rabbits?
14. Pavan travelled for 11 hours. He covered the first half of the distance at 30 kmph and remaining half of the distance at 25 kmph. Find the distance travelled by Pavan.
15. A can finish a work in 18 days B can do the same work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work?
16. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
17. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4 : 5 : 6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
18. The radius of a circle is increased by 1%. Find how much % does its area increases?
19. The salary of Mr. X is 30% more than that of Mr. Y . Find what percent of Mr. Y’s salary is less than Mr. X’s?
20. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 is subtracted from each, the new numbers are in the ratio 12:23. The smaller number is:
21. If A got 80 marks and B got 60 marks, then what percent of A's mark is B's mark?
22. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
23. Ratio of the earnings of A and B is 4:7. If the earnings of A increases by 50% and those of B decreased by 25%, the new ratio of their earnings becomes 8:7. What are A's earnings?
24. Two vessels P and Q contain 62.5% and 87.5% of alcohol respectively. If 2 litres from vessel P is mixed with 4 litres from vessel Q, the ratio of alcohol and water in the resulting mixture is?
25. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
26. A dealer purchased an article at 3/4 of its list price and sold 50% more than the list price. Find his gain percent?
27. If the simple interest on a sum of money for 2 years at 5% per annum is Rs. 50, what is the compound interest on the same sum at the rate and for the same time?
28. The perimeter of a rhombus is 68 cm and one of its diagonals is 16 cm. Find its area?
29. The least number which when add 3 to it, completely divided 8, 12 and 18 is?
30. If 10% of x = 20% of y, then x:y is equal to:
31. Solve for m if 3(√3)m+4 = (√3)2m+7
32. Two-fifth of one-third of three-seventh of a number is 15. What is 40% of that number?
33. The population of a town is 45000; 5/9th of them are males and the rest females 40% of the males are married. What is the percentage of married females?
34. If 30% of a number exceeds 20% of it by 18, then find the number?
35. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 36. Find the sum of the squares of these numbers?
36. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
37. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
38. (0.456 * 0.456 - 0.228 * 0.228) / (0.456 + 0.228) = ?
39. Find the lowest common multiple of 24, 36 and 40.
40. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
41. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm formed by an arc of length 3.5 cm is?
42. The area of the floor of a room is 20 m2 that of a longer wall 15 m2 and of the shorter wall 12 m2, find the edge of the new cube?
43. Sakshi can do a piece of work in 20 days. Tanya is 25% more efficient than Sakshi. The number of days taken by Tanya to do the same piece of work is?
44. A 1200 m long train crosses a tree in 120 sec, how much time will I take to pass a platform 700 m long?
45. Rs.4500 amounts to Rs.5544 in two years at compound interest, compounded annually. If the rate of the interest for the first year is 12%, find the rate of interest for the second year?
46. 12.5 + 10 1/4 of 100 ÷ 10% of 10 = ?
47. A starts business with a capital of Rs.1200 B and C join with some investments after 3 and 6 months respectively. If the end of a year, the profit is divided
in the ratio 2:3:5 respectively. What is B's investment in the business?
48. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.900 and a uniform after one year service. He served only for 9 months and received
uniform and Rs.650, find the price of the uniform?
49. A man was employed on the promise that he will be paid the highest wages per day. The contract money to be paid was Rs. 1189. Finally he was paid only Rs. 1073. For how many days did he actually work?
50. A sum of Rs. 2665 is lent into two parts so that the interest on the first part for 8 years at 3% per annum may be equal to the interest on the second part for 3 years at 5% per annum. Find the second sum?