Time Left: 00:50:00
1. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
2. The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean is:
3. A dealer purchases 15 articles for Rs. 25 and sells 12 articles for Rs. 30. Find the profit percentage?
4. 25% of ? + 36% of 1225 = 816
5. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 3x2 - 7x - 6 = 0?
6. If x;Y = 5:2, then (8x + 9y):(8x + 2y) is :
7. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
8. 1/3 of 2/6 of 1/7 of 2/28 of 2140 = ?
9. On the independence day, bananas were be equally distributed among the children in a school so that each child would get two bananas. On the particular day 360 children were absent and as a result each child got two extra bananas. Find the actual number of children in the school?
10. Two-fifth of one-third of three-seventh of a number is 15. What is 40% of that number?
11. If x = √196 + √200, then x/2 + 2/x is?
12. Find the smallest number which when divided by 13 and 16 leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5.
13. 9 men and 12 boys finish a job in 12 days, 12 men and 12 boys finish it in 10 days. 10 men and 10 boys shall finish it in how many days?
14. The owner of a furniture shop charges his customer 24% more than the cost price. If a customer paid Rs. 8339 for a computer table, then what was the cost price of the computer table?
15. The average of 10 numbers is calculated as 15. It is discovered later on that while calculating the average, one number namely 36 was wrongly read as 26. The correct average is?
16. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.710 and a uniform after a year service. He served only for 8 months and got Rs.460 and a uniform. Find the price of the uniform?
17. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 36. Find the sum of the squares of these numbers?
18. The ratio of the ages of Anil and his son at present is 7:3. Six years hence, the ratio of the ages of the Anil's wife and the son will be 2:1. Find the ratio of the present ages of Anil and his wife?
19. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years?
20. Which of the following has most number of divisors?
21. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
22. A and B together can do a piece of work in 8 days. If A alone can do the same work in 12 days, then B alone can do the same work in?
23. I. x2 + 9x + 20 = 0, II. y2 + 5y + 6 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
24. Find the 37.5% of 976 =
25. Anil invested a sum of money at a certain rate of simple interest for a period of five years. Had he invested the sum for a period of eight years for the same rate, the total intrest earned by him would have been sixty percent more than the earlier interest amount. Find the rate of interest p.a.
26. A is thrice as efficient as B and is, therefore, able to finish a piece of work 10 days earlier than B. In how many days A and B will finish it together?
27. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
28. Find the greatest number of four digits which when divided by 10, 15, 21 and 28 leaves 4, 9, 15 and 22 as remainders respectively?
29. Two persons A and B can complete a piece of work in 30 days and 45 days respectively. If they work together, what part of the work will be completed in 3 days?
30. A can finish a piece of work in 5 days. B can do it in 10 days. They work together for two days and then A goes away. In how many days will B finish the
31. 4500 * ? = 3375
32. A shopkeeper sells 20% of his stock at 10% profit ans sells the remaining at a loss of 5%. He incurred an overall loss of Rs. 400. Find the total worth of the stock?
33. If the cost price of 12 pens is equal to the selling price of 8 pens, the gain percent is:
34. A and B together have Rs. 1210. If 4/15 of A's amount is equal to 2/5 of B's amount, how much amount does B have?
35. P is three times as fast as Q and working together, they can complete a work in 12 days. In how many days can Q alone complete the work?
36. Simplify the following:
37. How much is 80% of 40 is greater than 4/5 of 25?
38. If x = √11 + √20, y = √15 + √17 and z = √14 + √18, then which of the following holds true?
39. The sum of money at compound interest amounts to thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it be 9 times itself?
40. A and B can do a work in 18 day, B and C in 30 days, A and C in 22 (1/2) days. In how many days can A,B and C individually do the work?
41. If the L.C.M of two numbers is 750 and their product is 18750, find the H.C.F of the numbers.
42. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
43. The sum of the two numbers is 12 and their product is 35. What is the sum of the reciprocals of these numbers?
44. When 5% is lost in grinding wheat, a country has to import 20 million bags; but when only 2% is lost, it has to import only 15 million bags. Find the quantity of wheat, which grows in the country?
45. Walking 7/6 of his usual rate, a boy reaches his school 4 min early. Find his usual time to reach the school?
46. The average monthly salary of 20 employees in an organisation is Rs. 1500. If the manager's salary is added, then the average salary increases by Rs. 100. What is the manager's monthly salary?
47. A group consists of 4 men, 6 women and 5 children. In how many ways can 2 men , 3 women and 1 child selected from the given group?
48. 5 * 5 ÷ 5 + 5 ÷ 5 = ?
49. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 292. What would be the smallest number?
50. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?