Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected, if it should have 5 seniors and 5 juniors?
2. Ratio of the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is 5 : x. Mahesh is 18 years younger to Ramesh. After nine years Ramesh will be 47 years old. If the difference between the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is same as the age of Ramesh, what is the value of x?
3. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
4. In a pair of fractions, fraction A is twice the fraction B and the product of two fractions is 2/25. What is the value of fraction A?
5. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case.
6. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
7. What is the greater of the two numbers whose product is 2560, given that the sum of the two numbers exceeds their difference by 64?
8. If a solid sphere of radius 10 cms is moulded into 8 spherical solid balls of equal radius, then surface area of each ball (in cm2) is?
9. A man can row his boat with the stream at 6 km/h and against the stream in 4
km/h. The man's rate is?
10. A work which could be finished in 9 days was finished 3 days earlier after 10 more men joined. The number of men employed was?
11. In an election between two candidates A and B, the number of valid votes received by A exceeds those received by B by 15% of the total number of votes polled. If 20% of the votes polled were invalid and a total of 8720 votes were polled, then how many valid votes did B get?
12. The distance between two cities A and B is 330 km. A train starts from A at 8 a.m. and travels towards B at 60 km/hr. Another train starts from B at 9 a.m. and travels towards A at 75 km/hr. At what time do they meet?
13. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that all the four bulbs are defective.
14. A sum of money lent out at S.I. amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is?
15. The average age of 8 men increases by 2 years when two women are included in place of two men of ages 20 and 24 years. Find the average age of the women?
16. If 4 2/3 is subtracted form 10 1/2 and the difference is multiplied by 450, then what is the final answer?
17. Three numbers are in the ratio 5 : 6 : 7. The sum of its longest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
18. The sale price sarees listed for Rs.400 after successive discount is 10% and 5% is?
19. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
20. Two men Amar and Bhavan have the ratio of their monthly incomes as 6:5. The ratio of their monthly expenditures is 3:2. If Bhavan saves one-fourth of his income, find the ratio of their monthly savings?
21. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 20 and 30 minutes respectively, and a third pipe C can empty it in 40 minutes. How long will it take to fill the cistern if all the three are opened at the same time?
22. 6.4 * 1.25 = (?)3
23. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
24. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
25. 64 is what percent of 80?
26. A person lent a certain sum of money at 4% per annum at simple interest and in 8
years the interest amounted to Rs.340 less than the sum lent. What was the sum
27. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days and 13 men together will 24 boys can do it in 4 days. Compare the daily work done by a man with that of a boy.
28. A sum amount to Rs.1344 in two years at simple interest. What will be the compound interest on the same sum at the same rate of interest for the same
29. Ramesh can finish a work in 20 days and Sushil in 25 days. They both work together for 5 days and then Sushil goes away. In how many days will Ramesh complete the remaining work?
30. LCM of 455, 117, 338 is:
31. The diagonals of a rhombus are 15 cm and 20 cm. Find its area?
32. Nitin’s salary is reduced by 10% and then reduced salary is increased by 10%. Find ,how many percentage his present salary is less as compared to his previous salary?
33. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?
34. (84 ÷ 14 ÷ 2 ÷ 9) * ? = 33⅓
35. Ten percent of Ram's monthly salary is equal to eight percent of Shyam's monthly salary. Shyam's monthly salary is twice Abhinav's monthly salary. If Abhinav's annual salary is Rs. 1.92 lakhs, find Ram's monthly salary?
36. Two stations A and B are 110 km apart on a straight line. One train starts from A at 7 a.m. and travels towards B at 20 kmph. Another train starts from B at 8 a.m. and travels towards A at a speed of 25 kmph. At what time will they meet?
37. 30.9 * 3000 - 10.1 * 1100 + 8298 - 4302 = ?
38. If the price of gold increases by 50%, find by how much the quantity of ornaments must be reduced, so that the expenditure may remain the same as before?
39. Express 25 mps in kmph?
40. Three pipes of same capacity can fill a tank in 8 hours. If there are only two pipes of same capacity, the tank can be filled in.
41. 25% of 30% of 45% is equal to?
42. The third proportional to 1 and 2 is?
43. Arun purchased 30 kg of wheat at the rate of Rs. 11.50 per kg and 20 kg of wheat at the rate of 14.25 per kg. He mixed the two and sold the mixture. Approximately what price per kg should be sell the mixture to make 30% profit?
44. Mr. Thomas invested an amount of Rs. 13,900 divided in two different schemes A and B at the simple interest rate of 14% p.a. and 11% p.a. respectively. If the total amount of simple interest earned in 2 years be Rs. 3508, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. The two trains of lengths 400 m, 600 m respectively, running at same directions. The faster train can cross the slower train in 180 sec, the speed of the slower train is 48 km. then find the speed of the faster train?
47. (0.9 * 0.9 - 0.8 * 0.8)/1.7 = ?
48. A rectangular courtyard, the sides of which are in the ratio of 4:3, cost Rs.600 for paving at 50 p per m2; find the length of the diagonal of the
49. The average of first 10 even numbers is?
50. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the figures 3, 4, 7, 0, 3?