Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In an examination 40% failed in Hindi, 45% failed in English. If 25% students failed in both the subjects. Then the percentage of failed students is?
2. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
3. Find the area of the quadrilateral of one of its diagonals is 20 cm and its off sets 9 cm and 6 cm?
4. A salt manufacturing company produced a total of 5000 tonnes of salt in January of a particular year. Starting from February its production increased by 100 tonnes every month over the previous months until the end of the year. Find its average monthly production for that year?
5. A and B can do a piece of work in 12 days and 16 days respectively. Both work for 3 days and then A goes away. Find how long will B take to complete the remaining work?
6. If 3 workers collect 48 kg of cotton in 4 days, how many kg of cotton will 9 workers collect in 2 days?
7. In how many ways can three consonants and two vowels be selected from the letters of the word "TRIANGLE"?
8. The fourth proportional to 5, 8, 15 is:
9. How much time will take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
10. The length of the longest rod that can fit in a cubical room of 4 m side is?
11. The area of the cardboard(in cm2) needed to make a box of size 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm will be?
12. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
13. A man buys two articles for Rs.1980 each and he gains 10% on the first and loses 10% on the next. Find his total gain or loss percent?
14. Mohan's salary was first increased by 20% and then decreased by 20%. If his present salary is Rs. 7200, then what was his original salary?
15. A cylinder and a cone have a same height and same radius of the base. The ratio between the volumes of the cylinder and cone is?
16. 8 2/3 + 6 4/5 = ?
17. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
18. In a class there are 20 boys and 25 girls. In how many ways can a boy and a girl be selected?
19. How many minimum number's of whole square slabs are required for paving the floor 12.96 meters long and 3.84 meters side?
20. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?
21. 1: 3 = 1 2/3: x. The value of x is?
22. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
23. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 sec. The speed of the train is?
24. A train 540 meters long is running with a speed of 54 kmph. The time taken by it to cross a tunnel 180 meters long is?
25. 4 * 0.4 * 0.04 * 0.004 = ?
26. Two numbers are in the ratio 1:2. If 7 is added to both, their ratio changes to 3:5. The greatest number is:
27. If 5% more is gained by selling an article for Rs. 350 than by selling it for Rs. 340, the cost of the article is:
The sub-duplicate ratio of 1:4 is
29. Siddharth wants to borrow Rs.6000 at rate of interest 6% p.a. at S.I and lend the same amount at C.I at same rate of interest for two years. What would be his income in the above transaction?
30. By selling an article at Rs.600, a profit of 25% is made. Find its cost price?
31. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 7 days, 14 days and 28 days respectively. How long will they taken, if all the three work together?
32. What is the probability that a leap year has 53 Sundays and 52 Mondays?
33. A, B and C invested Rs.6300, Rs.4200 and Rs.10500 respectively, in a partnership business. Find the share of A in profit of Rs.12100 after a year?
34. A trader marked the price of the T.V. 30% above the cost price of the T.V. and gave the purchaser 10% discount on the marked price, thereby gaining Rs.340. Find the cost price of the T.V?
35. If the annual rate of simple interest increases from 10% to 12 1/2 %, a man's yearly income increases by Rs. 1250. His principal in Rs. is?
36. The average amount with a group of seven numbers is Rs. 20. If the newly joined member has Rs. 50 with him, what was the average amount with the group before his joining the group?
37. The perimeter of a rhombus is 68 cm and one of its diagonals is 16 cm. Find its area?
38. Nitin borrowed some money at the rate of 6% p.a. for the first three years, 9% p.a. for the next five years and 13% p.a. for the period beyond eight years. If the total interest paid by him at the end of eleven years is Rs. 8160, how much money did he borrow?
39. Using all the letters of the word "NOKIA", how many words can be formed, which begin with N and end with A?
40. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
41. What is the length of the longest pole which can be kept in a room 12 m long, 4 m broad and 3 m high?
42. If a man lost 4% by selling oranges at the rate of 12 a rupee at how many a rupee must he sell them to gain 44%?
43. A rectangular lawn of dimensions 80 m * 60 m has two roads each 10 m wide running in the middle of the lawn, one parallel to the length and the other parallel to the breadth. What is the cost of traveling the two roads at Rs.3 per sq m?
44. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
45. 35 + 15 * 1.5 = ?
46. The average of first five multiples of 3 is:
47. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 30 days and C and A in 36 days. In how many days will the work be completed, if all three of them work together?
48. In a kilometer race, A beats B by 50 meters or 10 seconds. What time does A take to complete the race?
49. The parameter of a square is double the perimeter of a rectangle. The area of the rectangle is 480 sq cm. Find the area of the square.
50. A can do a piece of work in 10 days and B can do it in 15 days and C can do it 20 days. They started the work together and A leaves after 2 days and B leaves after 4 days from the beginning. How long will work lost?