Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The circumferences of two circles are 264 meters and 352 meters. Find the difference between the areas of the larger and the smaller circles.
2. Pavan travelled for 11 hours. He covered the first half of the distance at 30 kmph and remaining half of the distance at 25 kmph. Find the distance travelled by Pavan.
3. The volume of a cube is 1728 cc. Find its surface.
4. I. a2 - 2a - 8 = 0, II. b2 = 9 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
5. The average age of students of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years and that of the girls is 15.4 years. The ration of the number of boys to the number of girls in the class is:
6. The L.C.M of 23 * 32 * 5 and 33 * 5 2 * 23 is.
7. If the cost price of 50 articles is equal to the selling price of 40 articles, then the gain or loss percent is?
8. Find the least multiple of 13 which when divided by 6, 8 and 12 leaves 5, 7 and 11 as remainders respectively?
9. A can do a piece of work in 30 days. He works at it for 5 days and then B finishes it in 20 days. In what time can A and B together it?
10. A train 240 m long passed a pole in 24 sec. How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m long?
11. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in such a way that the number of trees in each row should be the same. If there are 4 rows or 5 rows or 6 rows, then no tree will be left. Find the least number of trees required.
12. Some persons can do a piece of work in 12 days. Two times the number of these people will do half of that work in?
13. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting a group of eight persons?
14. Dacid obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out of 100) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. What are his average marks?
15. A leak in the bottom of a tank can empty the full tank in 6 hours. An inlet pipe fills water at the rate of 4 liters per minute. When the tank is full in inlet is opened and due to the leak the tank is empties in 8 hours. The capacity of the tank is?
16. A man traveled a total distance of 1800 km. He traveled one-third of the whole trip by plane and the distance traveled by train is three-fifth of the distance traveled by bus. If he traveled by train, plane and bus, then find the distance traveled by bus?
17. X men can do a work in 120 days. If there were 20 men less, the work would have taken 60 days more. What is the value of X?
18. What is the least number to be subtracted from 696 to make it a perfect square?
19. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9% p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
20. In digging a pond 20 m * 10 m * 5 m the volumes of the soil extracted will be?
21. A sum of money triples itself in twelve years at simple interest. Find the rate of interest?
22. Find the least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 25% compound interest will be more than double of itself?
23. Three years ago the average age of a family of six members was 19 years. A boy have been born, the average age of the family is the same today. What is the age of the boy?
24. (98 / 7 / 2) / ? = 14
25. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
26. Two cylinders are of the same height. Their radii are in the ratio 1: 3. If the volume of the first cylinder is 40 cc. Find the volume of the second cylinder?
27. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that atleast one bulb is good.
28. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
29. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill tank in 36 min, then the slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in?
30. 9000 + 16 2/3 % of ? = 10500
31. If 30% of a number exceeds 20% of it by 18, then find the number?
32. The length of a train and that of a platform are equal. If with a speed of 90 k/hr, the train crosses the platform in one minute, then the length of the train (in meters) is:
33. The current of a stream at 1 kmph. A motor boat goes 35 km upstream and back to the
starting point in 12 hours. The speed of the motor boat in still water is?
34. What is the least number which when divided by 8, 12, 18 and 24 leaves the remainders 4, 8, 14 and 20 respectively?
35. A cistern is normally filled in 8 hours but takes two hours longer to fill because of a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full, the leak will empty it in?
36. A train crosses a platform of 150 m in 15 sec, same train crosses another platform of length 250 m in 20 sec. then find the length of the train?
37. A paper is in a square form whose one side is 20 cm. Two semi circles are drawn on its opposites as diameters. If these semi circles are cut down what is the area of the remaining paper?
38. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?
39. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
40. 30 men can do a work in 40 days. When should 20 men leave the work so that the entire work is completed in 40 days after they leave the work?
41. The roots of the equation 3x2 - 12x + 10 = 0 are?
42. [(523 + 27) * (187 - 35) / (424 + 16)] / [110/22 of (2 * 38)] = ?
43. A two-digit number is such that the product of the digits is 8. When 18 is added to the number, then the digits are reversed. The number is:
44. A mixture of 70 liters of wine and water contains 10% water. How much water must be added to make water 12 ½% of the total mixture?
45. When 5% is lost in grinding wheat, a country has to import 20 million bags; but when only 2% is lost, it has to import only 15 million bags. Find the quantity of wheat, which grows in the country?
46. Manoj borrowed Rs.3450 from Anwar at 6% p.a. simple interest for three years. He then added some more money to the borrowed sum and lent it to Ramu for the same time at 9% p.a. simple interest. If Manoj gains Rs.824.85 by way of interest on the borrowed sum as well as his own amount from the whole transaction, then what is the sum lent by him to Ramu?
47. (24 * 5 * 7 * 9) / ? = 216
48. 6 2/3 * 9 3/5 * 2 1/3 + 1 1/3 = ?
49. The difference between simple interest and C.I. at the same rate for Rs.5000 for 2 years in Rs.72. The rate of interest is?
50. The sum of the two numbers is 12 and their product is 35. What is the sum of the reciprocals of these numbers?