Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
2. A sum of Rs. 2665 is lent into two parts so that the interest on the first part for 8 years at 3% per annum may be equal to the interest on the second part for 3 years at 5% per annum. Find the second sum?
3. Three number are in the ratio 5:6:7. The sum of its largest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
4. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
5. The simple interest on Rs.12000 at a certain rate of interest in five years is Rs.7200. Find the compound interest on the same amount for five years at the same rate of interest.
6. A person lent a certain sum of money at 4% per annum at simple interest and in 8
years the interest amounted to Rs.340 less than the sum lent. What was the sum
7. Find the number of factors of 300 excluding 1 and itself.
8. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days; 13 men and 24 boys can do it in 4 days, then the ratio of the daily work done by a man to that of a boy is?
9. A and B can do a work in 8 days, B and C can do the same work in 12 days. A, B and C together can finish it in 6 days. A and C together will do it in?
10. 1860 + 4/7 of 21.21 - 41.4 = ?
11. Two men can complete a piece of work in four days. Two women can complete the same work in eight days. Four boys can complete the same work in five days. If four men, eight women and 20 boys work together in how many days can the work be completed?
12. The altitude of an equilateral triangle of side 2√3 cm is?
13. Pipe A can fill a tank in 5 hours, pipe B in 10 hours and pipe C in 30 hours. If all the pipes are open, in how many hours will the tank be filled?
14. Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 and 24 minutes respectively and a waste pipe can empty 3 gallons per minute. All the three pipes working together can fill the tank in 15 minutes. The capacity of the tank is?
15. Out of 15 consecutive numbers, 2 are chosen at random. The probability that they are both odds or both primes is -.
16. Anil can do a work in 15 days while Sunil can do it in 25 days. How long will they take if both work together?
17. How long does a train 165 meters long running at the rate of 54 kmph take to cross a bridge 660 meters in length?
18. How many seconds will a 500 m long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train is 63 km/hr?
19. If a: b = 3:4, b:c = 7:9, c:d = 5:7, find a:d?
20. The least number which when divided by 8, 12 and 16, leave in each remainder 3, is?
21. If the sum of one-half of a number exceeds one-third of that number by 7 1/3, the number is:
22. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
23. When 2 is added to half of one-third of one-fifth of a number, the result is one-fifteenth of the number. Find the number?
24. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 metres long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
25. If x is the interest on y and y is the interest on z, the rate and time is the
same on both the cases. What is the relation between x, y and z?
26. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
27. The sum of three consecutive multiples of 3 is 72. What is the largest number?
28. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5:4. If the income of the person is Rs.18000, then find his savings?
29. Ajay spends 45% of his monthly income on household items, 25% of his monthly income on buying cloths, 7.5% of his monthly income on medicines and saves the remaining amount which is Rs. 9000. Find his monthly income.
30. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks out of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
31. A number consists of 3 digit whose sum is 10. The middle digit is equal to the sum of the other two and the number will be increased by 99 if its digits are reversed. The number is:
32. The areas of the two spheres are in the ratio 1: 4. The ratio of their volume is?
33. Find the H.C.F of 54/9, 3 9/17 and 36/51?
34. Present ages of X and Y are in the ratio 5:6 respectively. Seven years hence this ratio will become 6:7 respectively. What is X's present age in years?
35. The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers exceeds their product by 91. Find the integers?
36. A can give B 100 meters start and C 200 meters start in a kilometer race. How much start can B give C in a kilometer race?
37. If the sum and difference of two numbers are 20 and 8 respectively, then the difference of their square is:
38. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?
39. - 84 * 29 + 365 = ?
40. Sides of a rectangular park are in the ratio 3: 2 and its area is 3750 sq m, the cost of fencing it at 50 ps per meter is?
41. Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternately, the tank will be full is?
42. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that exactly three bulbs are good.
43. Jacob brought a scooter for a certain sum of money. He spent 10% of the cost on repairs and sold the scooter for a profit of Rs. 1100. How much did he spend on repairs if he made a profit of 20%?
44. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If three marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that they are all blue?
45. Rs. 1300 is divided into three parts A, B and C. How much A is more than C if their ratio is 1/2:1/3:1/4?
46. If 24m+2 = 46m-4, solve for m.
47. 52 * 40.1 = ?
48. If the sum of the two numbers is 22 and the sum of their squares is 404, then the product of the numbers is:
49. A certain sum becomes Rs. 20720 in four years and 24080 in six years at simple interest. Find sum and rate of interest?
50. 22004 - 29303 + 101299 - 59532 = ?