Time Left: 00:50:00
1. 16 men can complete a piece of work in 25 days. In how many days can 20 men complete that piece of work?
2. On an order of 5 dozen boxes of a consumer product, a retailer receives an extra dozen free. This is equivalent to allowing him a discount of:
3. Sushil got thrice as many marks in English as in Science. His total marks in English, Science and Maths are 162. If the ratio of his marks in English and Maths is 3:5, find his marks in Science?
4. One side of a rectangular field is 4 m and its length along diagonal is 5 m. What is the area of the field?
5. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
6. Roja and Pooja start moving in the opposite directions from a pole. They are moving at the speeds of 2 km/hr and 3 km/hr respectively. After 4 hours what will be the distance between them?
7. Using all the letters of the word "THURSDAY", how many different words can be formed?
8. How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132?
9. A is twice as good a work man as B and together they finish the work in 14 days. In how many days A alone can finish the work?
10. A bag contains equal number of Rs.5, Rs.2 and Re.1 coins. If the total amount in the bag is Rs.1152, find the number of coins of each kind?
11. 9 3/4 + 7 2/17 - 9 1/15 = ?
12. A cistern has a leak which would empty the cistern in 20 minutes. A tap is turned on which admits 4 liters a minute into the cistern, and it is emptied in 24 minutes. How many liters does the cistern hold?
13. A vessel of capacity 90 litres is fully filled with pure milk. Nine litres of milk is removed from the vessel and replaced with water. Nine litres of the solution thus formed is removed and replaced with water. Find the quantity of pure milk in the final milk solution?
14. A sun is divided among X, Y and Z in such a way that for each rupee X gets, Y gets 45 paisa and Z gets 30 paisa. If the share of Y is RS. 27, what is the
15. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 20% and its denominator is diminished by 25% value of the fraction is 2/15. Find the original fraction.
16. Varma can read a book in k minutes. What part of the book can he read in 8 minutes?(k>8)
17. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
18. Which one of the following is the least number of four digits divisible by 71?
19. Mudit's age 18 years hence will be thrice his age four years ago. Find Mudit's present age?
20. If A, B and C together can finish a piece of work in 4 days. A alone in 12 days and B in 18 days, then C alone can do it in?
21. (8x9 / 27y-6)-2/3 = ?
22. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
23. If 24m+2 = 46m-4, solve for m.
24. (98 / 7 / 2) / ? = 14
25. 105 * 99 * 299 = ?
26. A trained covered x km at 40 kmph and another 2x km at 20 kmph. Find the average speed of the train in covering the entire 3x km.
27. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?
28. Find the C.I. on Rs. 15,625 for 9 months at 16% per annum compounded quarterly?
29. An amount of Rs. 3000 becomes Rs. 3600 in four years at simple interest. If the rate of interest was 1% more, then what was be the total amount?
30. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
31. Three cubes of metal whose edges are 9, 12 and 15 cm respectively, are melted and one new cube is made. Find the edge of the new cube?
32. If y3 = 0.008, y5 = ?
33. Sixty men can stitch 200 shirts in 30 days working 8 hours a day. In how many days can 45 men stitch 300 shirts working 6 hours a day?
34. Anand and Deepak started a business investing Rs. 22,500 and Rs. 35,000 respectively. Out of a total profit of Rs. 13,800, Deepak's share is:
35. The length of each side of an equilateral triangle having an area of 4√3 cm2 is?
36. If the sum of a number and its square is 182, what is the number?
37. What is the sum of all the numbers between 300 and 1000 which are divisible by 179?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. Find the size of the largest square slabs which can be paved on the floor of a room 5 meters 44 cm long and 3 meters 74 cm broad?
40. A and B start a business with Rs.6000 and Rs.8000 respectively. Hoe should they share their profits at the end of one year?
41. The altitude of an equilateral triangle of side 2√3 cm is?
42. H.C.F of 4 * 27 * 3125, 8 * 9 * 25 * 7 and 16 * 81 * 5 * 11 * 49 is:
43. The side of a rhombus is 26 m and length of one of its diagonals is 20 m. The area of the rhombus is?
Find the smallest number which when increased by 5, divisible by 6, 9, 15, 20 and 24?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. A person covered one-fourth of the total distance at 26 kmph and remaining distance at 24 kmph. What is the average speed for the total distance?
47. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?
48. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 50 m and B beats C by 100 m. In the same race, by how many meters does A beat C?
49. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 6:7. If Q is 4 years old than P, what will be the ratio of the ages of P and Q after 4 years?
50. The perimeter of a semi circle is 144 cm then the radius is?