Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
2. A rectangular lawn of dimensions 80 m * 60 m has two roads each 10 m wide running in the middle of the lawn, one parallel to the length and the other parallel to the breadth. What is the cost of traveling the two roads at Rs.3 per sq m?
3. One train is traveling 45 kmph and other is at 10 meters a second. Ratio of the speed of the two trains is?
4. Ram sold two bicycles, each for Rs.990. If he made 10% profit on the first and 10% loss on the second, what is the total cost of both bicycles?
5. Find the number which multiplied by 15 is increased by 196.
6. If the roots of the equation 2x2 - 5x + b = 0 are in the ratio of 2:3, then find the value of b?
7. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
8. The average amount with a group of seven numbers is Rs. 20. If the newly joined member has Rs. 50 with him, what was the average amount with the group before his joining the group?
9. The ratio of the length and the breadth of a rectangle is 4 : 3 and the area of the rectangle is 6912 sq cm. Find the ratio of the breadth and the area of the rectangle?
10. LCM of 1/3, 5/6, 5/4, 10/7 is:
11. How much interest can a person get on Rs. 8200 at 17.5% p.a. simple interest for a period of two years and six months?
12. The average height of 35 boys in a class was calculated as 180cm. It has later found that the height of one of the boys in the class was wrongly written as 166 cm whereas his actual height was 106 cm. Find the actual average height of the boys in the class (Round off your answer to two decimal places).
13. The average salary of a person for the months of January, February, March and April is Rs.8000 and that for the months February, March, April and May is Rs.8500. If his salary for the month of May is Rs.6500, find his salary for the month of January?
14. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C in the ratio 1/2:1/3:1/4. Find the share of C?
15. Ratio of the earnings of A and B is 4:7. If the earnings of A increases by 50% and those of B decreased by 25%, the new ratio of their earnings becomes 8:7. What are A's earnings?
16. The product of two natural numbers is 17. Then, the sum of the reciprocals of their squares is:
17. There are two circles of different radii. The are of a square is 784 sq cm and its side is twice the radius of the larger circle. The radius of the larger circle is seven - third that of the smaller circle. Find the circumference of the smaller circle.
18. 7 + 5 - (3/2 * 1/4) of 2/7 + 7/2 * 1/6 equals -.
19. The sum of two numbers is 22. Five times one number is equal to 6 times the other. The bigger of the two numbers is:
20. Two same glasses are respectively 1/4th 1/5th full of milk. They are then filled with water and the contents mixed in a tumbler. The ratio of milk and water in the tumbler is?
21. A thief steals at a car at 2.30 p.m. and drives it at 60 km/hr. The theft is discovered at 3 p.m. and the owner sets off in another car at 75 km/hr. When will he overtake the thief?
22. Two third of three- fifth of one fourth of a number is 24, what is 30% of that number?
23. A and B start a business jointly. A invests Rs.16000 for 8 months and B remains in the business for 4 months. Out of the total profit B claims 2/7th share. How
much money is contributed by B?
24. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
25. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q -r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
26. If the area of circle is 616 sq cm then its circumference?
27. A man purchased 3 blankets @ Rs.100 each, 5 blankets @ Rs.150 each and two blankets at a certain rate which is now slipped off from his memory. But he remembers that the average price of the blankets was Rs.150. Find the unknown
rate of two blankets?
28. A train 800 m long is running at a speed of 78 km/hr. If it crosses a tunnel in 1 min, then the length of the tunnel is?
29. A person travels equal distances with speeds of 3 km/hr, 4 km/hr and 5 km/hr and takes a total time of 47 minutes. The total distance is?
30. If the sum of two numbers is 55 and the H.C.F and L.C.M of these numbers are 5 and 120 respectively, then the sum of the reciprocal of the numbers is equal to:
31. The spherical ball of lead 3 cm in diameter is melted and recast into 3 spherical balls. The diameters of two of these are 1 ½ cm and 2 cm respectively. The
diameter of third ball is?
32. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
33. What is the difference between the C.I. on Rs. 5000 for 1 1/2 years at 4% per annum compounded yearly and half-yearly?
34. 1860 + 4/7 of 21.21 - 41.4 = ?
35. A student scored an average of 80 marks in 3 subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. If the average marks in Physics and Mathematics is 90 and that in Physics and Chemistry is 70, what are the marks in Physics?
36. A sum amount to Rs.1344 in two years at simple interest. What will be the compound interest on the same sum at the same rate of interest for the same
37. What amount does Kiran get if he invests Rs.8000 at 10% p.a. compound interest for two years, compounding done annually?
38. The sum of the two digits of a number is 10. If the number is subtracted from the number obtained by reversing its digits, the result is 54. Find the number?
39. Alok ordered 16 chapatis, 5 plates of rice, 7 plates of mixed vegetable and 6 ice-cream cups. The cost of each chapati is Rs.6, that of each plate of rice is Rs.45 and that of mixed vegetable is Rs.70. The amount that Alok paid the cashier was Rs.961. Find the cost of each ice-cream cup?
40. Rs. 6000 is lent out in two parts. One part is lent at 7% p.a simple interest and the other is lent at 10% p.a simple interest. The total interest at the end of one year was Rs. 450. Find the ratio of the amounts lent at the lower rate and higher rate of interest?
41. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
The sub-duplicate ratio of 1:4 is
43. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
44. Two numbers are in the ratio 1:2. If 7 is added to both, their ratio changes to 3:5. The greatest number is:
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?
47. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
48. A rectangular grass field is 75 m * 55 m, it has a path of 2.5 m wide all round it on the outside. Find the area of the path and the cost of constructing it at
Rs.2 per sq m?
49. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. Find the length of the train.
50. The probability of a lottery ticket being a prized ticket is 0.2. When 4 tickets are purchased, the probability of winning a prize on atleast one ticket is -.