Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
2. The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 1920 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1280. At what price should the article be sold to make 25% profit?
3. A and B enter into partnership with capital as 7:9. At the end of 8 months, A withdraws. If they receive the profits in the ratio of 8:9 find how long B's
capital was used?
4. A vessel of capacity 90 litres is fully filled with pure milk. Nine litres of milk is removed from the vessel and replaced with water. Nine litres of the solution thus formed is removed and replaced with water. Find the quantity of pure milk in the final milk solution?
5. A 300 meter long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds while it crosses a signal pole in 18 seconds. What is the length of the platform?
6. A and B began business with Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 after 8 months, A withdraws Rs.1000 and B advances Rs.1000 more. At the end of the year, their profits
amounted to Rs.630 find the share of A.
7. A trader bought a car at 20% discount on its original price. He sold it at a 40% increase on the price he bought it. What percent of profit did he make on the
8. A certain number of men can do a work in 65 days working 6 hours a day. If the number of men are decreased by one-fourth, then for how many hours per day should they work in order to complete the work in 40 days?
9. The speed of a car is 90 km in the first hour and 60 km in the second hour. What is the average speed of the car?
10. What is the least number to be subtracted from 696 to make it a perfect square?
11. The least number of four digits which is divisible by 15, 25, 40 and 75 is:
12. The area of a square field 3136 sq m, if the length of cost of drawing barbed wire 3 m around the field at the rate of Rs.1.50 per meter. Two gates of 1 m width each are to be left for entrance. What is the total cost?
13. The number of ways in which six boys and six girls can be seated in a row for a photograph so that no two girls sit together is -.
14. A sum of money deposited at C.I. amounts to Rs.2420 in 2 years and to Rs.2662 in 3 years. Find the rate percent?
15. Three cubes of metal whose edges are 9, 12 and 15 cm respectively, are melted and one new cube is made. Find the edge of the new cube?
16. An order was placed for the supply of a carpet whose breadth was 6 m and length was 1.44 times the breadth. What be the cost of a carpet whose length and breadth are 40% more and 25% more respectively than the first carpet. Given that the ratio of carpet is Rs. 45 per sq m?
17. The smallest ratio out of 1:1, 2:1, 1:3 and 3:1 is?
18. The total age of A and B is 12 years more than the total age of B and C. C is how many years younger than A?
19. The amount of water (in ml) that should be added to reduce 9 ml. Lotion, containing 50% alcohol, to a lotion containing 30% alcohol, is?
20. (0.456 * 0.456 - 0.228 * 0.228) / (0.456 + 0.228) = ?
21. How many seconds will a 500 m long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train is 63 km/hr?
22. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
23. Two trains are running in opposite directions with the same speed. If the length of each train is 120 m and they cross each other in 12 sec, then the speed of each train is?
24. The circumferences of two circles are 264 meters and 352 meters. Find the difference between the areas of the larger and the smaller circles.
25. If the sides of a cube are in the ratio 4:3. What is the ratio of their diagonals?
26. A starts business with a capital of Rs.1200 B and C join with some investments after 3 and 6 months respectively. If the end of a year, the profit is divided
in the ratio 2:3:5 respectively. What is B's investment in the business?
27. It takes eight hours for a 600 km journey, if 120 km is done by train and the rest by car. It takes 20 minutes more, if 200 km is done by train and the rest by car. The ratio of the speed of the train to that of the car is?
28. Two numbers are respectively 20% and 25% more than a third number. The percentage that is first of the second is?
29. What is the length of the longest pole which can be kept in a room 12 m long, 4 m broad and 3 m high?
30. How long does a train 110 m long running at the speed of 72 km/hr takes to cross a bridge 132 m length?
31. P is three times as fast as Q and working together, they can complete a work in 12 days. In how many days can Q alone complete the work?
32. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
33. What is the present worth of Rs. 132 due in 2 years at 5% simple interest per annum?
34. Twelve men and six women together can complete a piece of work in four days. The work done by a women in one day is half the work done by a man in one day. If 12 men and six women started working and after two days, six men left and six women joined, then in hoe many more days will the work be completed?
35. The difference between a positive proper fraction and its reciprocal is 9/20. The fraction is:
36. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
37. A mixture of 70 liters of wine and water contains 10% water. How much water must be added to make water 12 ½% of the total mixture?
38. The smallest fraction, which each of 6/7, 5/14, 10/21 will divide exactly is:
39. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
40. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
41. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 385 and of the last three is 1001. Find the fourth number?
42. Find the greatest number which is such that when 697, 909 and 1227 are divided by it, the remainders are all the same?
43. The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their volumes?
44. (1714 * 1716) / 17-8 = ?
45. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
46. The perimeter of a semi circle is 144 cm then the radius is?
47. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
48. A 180 meter long train crosses a man standing on the platform in 6 sec. What is the speed of the train?
49. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
50. A heap of stones can be made up into groups of 21. When made up into groups of 16, 20, 25 and 45 there are 3 stones left in each case. How many stones at least can there be in the heap?