Time Left: 00:50:00
1. 40% of a number is more than 20% of 650 by 190. Find the number?
2. If (461 + 462 + 463 + 464) is divisible by ?, then ? =
3. A person lent a certain sum of money at 4% per annum at simple interest and in 8
years the interest amounted to Rs.340 less than the sum lent. What was the sum
4. X and Y started a business with capitals Rs. 20000 and Rs. 25000. After few months Z joined them with a capital of Rs. 30000. If the share of Z in the annual profit of Rs. 50000 is Rs. 14000, then after how many months from the beginning did Z join?
5. The compound and the simple interests on a certain sum at the same rate of interest for two years are Rs.11730 and Rs.10200 respectively. Find the sum.
6. Krishan and Nandan jointly started a business. Krishan invested three times as Nandan did and invested his money for double time as compared to Nandan. Nandan earned Rs. 4000. If the gain is proportional to the money invested and the time for which the money is invested then the total gain was?
7. A person spends 1/5th of his income on the education of his children, and 20% of the remaining on food. If he is left with Rs.576 find his income?
8. A jogger running at 9 km/hr along side a railway track is 240 m ahead of the engine of a 120 m long train running at 45 km/hr in the same direction. In how much time will the train pass the jogger?
9. Which of the following is the greatest?
10. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 sec. The speed of the train is?
11. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
12. 64 is what percent of 80?
13. A candidate who gets 30% of the marks fails by 50 marks. But another candidate who gets 45% marks gets 25 marks more than necessary for passing. Find the number of marks for passing?
14. Find the 37.5% of 976 =
15. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
16. 64309 - 8703 + 798 - 437 = ?
17. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
18. Rs.160 contained in a box consists of one rupee, 50 paisa and 25 paisa coins in the ratio 4:5:6. What is the number of 25 paisa coins?
19. A man purchased 3 blankets @ Rs.100 each, 5 blankets @ Rs.150 each and two blankets at a certain rate which is now slipped off from his memory. But he remembers that the average price of the blankets was Rs.150. Find the unknown
rate of two blankets?
20. Find the compound interest and the amount on Rs.8000 at 5% per annum for 3 years when C.I is reckoned yearly?
21. Convert the 13/36 m/s into kilometers per hour?
22. 30 men can do a work in 40 days. When should 20 men leave the work so that the entire work is completed in 40 days after they leave the work?
23. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
24. The average weight of A, B and C is 45 kg. If the average weight of A and B be 40 kg and that of B and C be 43 kg, then the weight of B is:
25. A shopkeeper loses 15%,if an article is sold for Rs. 102. What should be the selling price of the article to gain 20%?
26. If the selling price of 50 articles is equal to the cost price of 40 articles, then the loss or gain percent is:
27. The difference between the compound interest compounded annually and simple interest for 2 years at 20% per annum is Rs.144. Find the principal?
28. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
29. A man misses a bus by 40 minutes if he travels at 30 kmph. If he travels at 40 kmph, then also he misses the bus by 10 minutes. What is the minimum speed required to catch the bus on time?
30. If a : b = 4 : 1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b).
31. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
32. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?
33. The S.I. on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 8% per annum is half the C.I. on Rs. 4000 for 2 years at 10% per annum. The sum placed on S.I. is?
34. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
35. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
36. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
37. At what rate percent on simple interest will Rs.750 amount to Rs.900 in 5 years?
38. Three men start together to travel the same way around a circular track of 11 kilometers in circumference. Their speeds are 4, 5 and 8 kilometers per hour respectively. When will they meet at a starting point?
39. If the price of an article went up by 20%, then by what percent should it be brought down to bring it back to its original price?
40. A thief goes away with a SANTRO car at a speed of 40 kmph. The theft has been discovered after half an hour and the owner sets off in a bike at 50 kmph when
will the owner over take the thief from the start?
41. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
42. A man swims downstream 30 km and upstream 18 km taking 3 hours each time, what is
the speed of the man in still water?
43. 3/20 is what percent of 12/25?
44. A shopkeeper buys two articles for Rs.1000 each and then sells them, making 20% profit on the first article and 20% loss on second article. Find the net profit or loss percent?
45. At what rate of interest is an amount doubled in two years, when compounded annually?
46. A, B and C can do a work in 6, 8 and 12 days respectively doing the work together and get a payment of Rs.1800. What is B’s share?
47. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
48. The average age of a husband and a wife is 23 years when they were married five years ago but now the average age of the husband, wife and child is 20 years(the child was born during the interval). What is the present age of the child?
49. Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternately, the tank will be full is?
50. A person purchased a TV set for Rs. 16000 and a DVD player for Rs. 6250. He sold both the items together for Rs. 31150. What percentage of profit did he make?