Time Left: 00:50:00
1. David invested certain amount in three different schemes. A, B and C with the rate of interest 10% p.a., 12% p.a. and 15% p.a. respectively. If the total interest accrued in one year was Rs. 3200 and the amount invested in scheme C was 150% of the amount invested in scheme A and 240% of the amount invested in scheme B, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
2. Which of the following fractions is the largest?
3. 1296 ÷ (24 * 0.75) = ?
4. A boy rides his bicycle 10 km at an average speed of 12 km/hr and again travels 12 km at an average speed of 10 km/hr. His average speed for the entire trip is approximately?
5. The current of a stream runs at the rate of 4 kmph. A boat goes 6 km and back to
the starting point in 2 hours, then find the speed of the boat in still water?
6. The tens digit of a two-digit number is two more than its unit digit. The two-digit number is 7 times the sum of the digits. Find the units digits?
7. A trader marked the price of the T.V. 30% above the cost price of the T.V. and gave the purchaser 10% discount on the marked price, thereby gaining Rs.340. Find the cost price of the T.V?
8. The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their surface area?
9. The length of each side of an equilateral triangle having an area of 4√3 cm2 is?
10. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
11. Sushil got thrice as many marks in English as in Science. His total marks in English, Science and Maths are 162. If the ratio of his marks in English and Maths is 3:5, find his marks in Science?
12. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
13. A is a working partner and B is a sleeping partner in the business. A puts in Rs.15000 and B Rs.25000, A receives 10% of the profit for managing the business
the rest being divided in proportion of their capitals. Out of a total profit of Rs.9600, money received by A is?
14. Using all the letters of the word "NOKIA", how many words can be formed, which begin with N and end with A?
15. ? % of 400 + 40% of 160 = 17% of 400
16. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
17. The least square number which divides 8, 12 and 18 is?
18. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?
19. The speed of a boat in still water is 60kmph and the speed of the current is 20kmph. Find the speed downstream and upstream?
20. A room is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the room?
21. (743.30)2 = ?
22. A watch was sold at a loss of 10%. If it was sold for Rs.140 more, there would have been a gain of 4%. What is the cost price?
23. Find the smallest number which should be multiplied with 520 to make it a perfect square.
24. If a: b = 7: 5, b: c = 9: 11, find a: b: c?
25. I. a2 - 2a - 8 = 0, II. b2 = 9 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
26. Find the greatest number which is such that when 697, 909 and 1227 are divided by it, the remainders are all the same?
27. Find the greatest number which will divide 25, 73 and 97 as so to leave the same remainder in each case?
28. 5 * 5 ÷ 5 + 5 ÷ 5 = ?
29. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
30. [(3.572)3 + (2.428)3] / [(3.572)2 - (3.572) * (2.428) + (2.428)2] is equal to -.
31. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
32. Find the H.C.F of 54/9, 3 9/17 and 36/51?
33. A boat goes 100 km downstream in 10 hours, and 75 m upstream in 15 hours. The
speed of the stream is?
34. A and B together can do a work in 6 days. If A alone can do it in 15 days. In how many days can B alone do it?
35. At the end of three years what will be the compound interest at the rate of 10% p.a. on an amount of Rs.20000?
36. A person travels from P to Q a speed of 40 km/hr and returns by increasing his speed by 50%. What is his average speed for both the trips?
37. A number exceeds by 25 from its 3/8 part. Then the number is?
38. LCM of 1/3, 5/6, 5/4, 10/7 is:
39. The diagonals of a rhombus are 15 cm and 20 cm. Find its area?
40. Murali travelled from city A to city B at a speed of 40 kmph and from city B to city C at 60 kmph. What is the average speed of Murali from A to C given that the ratio of distances between A to B and B to C is 2 : 3?
41. An officer was appointed on maximum daily wages on contract money of Rs. 4956. But on being absent for some days, he was paid only Rs. 3894. For how many days was he absent?
42. If 5% more is gained by selling an article for Rs. 350 than by selling it for Rs. 340, the cost of the article is:
43. A rectangular courtyard, the sides of which are in the ratio of 4:3, cost Rs.600 for paving at 50 p per m2; find the length of the diagonal of the
44. The area of a square field 3136 sq m, if the length of cost of drawing barbed wire 3 m around the field at the rate of Rs.1.50 per meter. Two gates of 1 m width each are to be left for entrance. What is the total cost?
45. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the two digits is 63. Which is the smaller of the two numbers?
46. The average weight of a group of persons increased from 48 kg to 51 kg, when two persons weighing 78 kg and 93 kg join the group. Find the initial number of members in the group?
47. A man can row a boat at 20 kmph in still water. If the speed of the stream is 6 kmph, what is the time taken to row a distance of 60 km downstream?
48. In digging a pond 20 m * 10 m * 5 m the volumes of the soil extracted will be?
49. The parameter of a square is equal to the perimeter of a rectangle of length 16 cm and breadth 14 cm. Find the circumference of a semicircle whose diameter is equal to the side of the square. (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
50. Two tests had the same maximum mark. The pass percentages in the first and the second test were 40% and 45% respectively. A candidate scored 216 marks in the second test and failed by 36 marks in that test. Find the pass mark in the first test?