Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The area of the floor of a room is 20 m2 that of a longer wall 15 m2 and of the shorter wall 12 m2, find the edge of the new cube?
2. The length of a rectangle is increased by 25% and its breadth is decreased by 20%. What is the effect on its area?
3. A person was asked to subtract 25% of a number from the original but he subtracted 25 from the number. His answer was 25 more than correct one. What was the original number?
4. The price of an article has been reduced by 25%. In order to restore the original price the new price must be increased by?
5. The average age of 15 students of a class is 15 years. Out of these, the average age of 5 students is 14 years and that of the other 9 students is 16 years. Tee age of the 15th student is:
6. Two cars P and Q start at the same time from A and B which are 120 km apart. If the two cars travel in opposite directions, they meet after one hour and if they travel in same direction (from A towards B), then P meets Q after 6 hours. What is the speed of car P?
7. The salary of a worker is first increased by 30% and afterwards reduced by 30%. What is net change in his salary?
8. The parameter of a square is equal to the perimeter of a rectangle of length 16 cm and breadth 14 cm. Find the circumference of a semicircle whose diameter is equal to the side of the square. (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
9. A and B start a business with Rs.6000 and Rs.8000 respectively. Hoe should they share their profits at the end of one year?
10. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
11. The salary of Mr. X is 30% more than that of Mr. Y . Find what percent of Mr. Y’s salary is less than Mr. X’s?
12. Two numbers are in the ratio of 5:7. If 25 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 35:59. Find the numbers?
13. Find the fraction which has the same ratio to 2/13 that 5/34 has to 7/48.
14. A train 400 m long can cross an electric pole in 20 sec and then find the speed of the train?
15. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
16. 3251 + 587 + 369 - ? = 3007
17. A man whose speed is 4.5 kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and
back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 kmph, find his average
speed for the total journey?
18. If Rs. 782 be divided into three parts, proportional to 1/2:2/3:3/4, then the first part is:
19. Find the C.I. on Rs. 15,625 for 9 months at 16% per annum compounded quarterly?
20. A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?
21. A man purchased 3 blankets @ Rs.100 each, 5 blankets @ Rs.150 each and two blankets at a certain rate which is now slipped off from his memory. But he remembers that the average price of the blankets was Rs.150. Find the unknown
rate of two blankets?
22. At what rate percent on simple interest will Rs.750 amount to Rs.900 in 5 years?
23. A sum of money invested at C.I. amounts to Rs. 800 in 3 years to Rs. 840 in 4 years. The rate of interest per annum is?
24. The time taken by a man to row his boat upstream is twice the time taken by him to row the same distance downstream. If the speed of the boat in still water is 42 kmph, find the speed of the stream?
25. (a-3 b-2 / a2 b2)-3 * (a3 b-4 / a-3 b3) / (a-2 b3/a-4 b-3) = ?
26. A is half good a work man as B and together they finish a job in 14 days. In how many days working alone B finish the job?
27. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4 : 5 : 6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
28. When 2 is added to half of one-third of one-fifth of a number, the result is one-fifteenth of the number. Find the number?
29. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
30. If a: b = 3:4, b:c = 7:9, c:d = 5:7, find a:d?
31. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
32. The diameter of a cylindrical tin is 6cm and height is 5 cm. Find the volume of the cylinder?
33. In an office, totally there are 6400 employees and 65% of the total employees are males. 25% of the males in the office are at-least 50 years old. Find the number of males aged below 50 years?
34. A certain sum of money is invested for one year at a certain rate of simple interest. If the rate of interest is 3% higher, then the invest earned will be 25% more than the interest earned earlier. What is the earlier rate of interest?
35. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
36. If x % of 80 = 20% of y, then x = ? and y = ?
37. Two trains start from P and Q respectively and travel towards each other at a speed of 50 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively. By the time they meet, the first train has traveled 100 km more than the second. The distance between P and Q is?
38. A train crosses a platform of 120 m in 15 sec, same train crosses another platform of length 180 m in 18 sec. then find the length of the train?
39. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2:3, then find the number of pens that D gets?
40. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 292. What would be the smallest number?
41. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
42. A fort of 2000 soldiers has provisions for 50 days. After 10 days some of them left and the food was now enough for the same period of 50 days as before. How
many of them left?
43. Two pipes can separately fill a tank in 20 and 30 hours respectively. Both the pipes are opened to fill the tank but when the tank is full, a leak develops in the tank through which one-third of water supplied by both the pipes goes out. What is the total time taken to fill the tank?
44. Two trains of equal lengths take 10 sec and 15 sec respectively to cross a telegraph post. If the length of each train be 120 m, in what time will they cross other travelling in opposite direction?
45. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
46. If a trader sold two cars each at Rs. 325475 and gains 12% on the first and loses 12% on the second, then his profit or loss percent on the whole is?
47. A person buys an article at Rs.500. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a profit of 20%?
48. Two numbers are 30% and 37% are less than a third number .How much percent is the second number less than the first?
49. 2/3 * 5 1/2 * 2 * 7 5/6 * 9/11 = ?
50. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 7429 and of the last three is 12673. Find the fourth number?