Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The product of two numbers is 4107. If the H.C.F of these numbers is 37, then the greater number is:
2. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
3. A certain sum becomes four times itself at simple interest in eight years. In how many years does it become ten times itself?
4. Ram professes to sell his goods at the cost price but he made use of 900 grms instead of a kg, what is the gain percent?
5. What percentage of numbers from 1 to 70 have squares that end in the digit 1?
6. Express the following number as products of powers of prime factors?
7. Two pipes X and Y can separately fill a cistern in 18 and 24 hours respectively. If they are turned on alternately for one hour each, how long will it take to fill the cistern?
8. The average height of 50 pupils in a class is 150 cm. Five of them whose height is 146 cm, leave the class and five others whose average height is 156 cm, join. The new average height of the pupils of the class (in cm) is __________ .
9. The population of a city increases at the rate of 4% p.a. but there is an additional annual increase of 1% in the population due to some job seekers. The
percentage increase in the population after 2 years is?
10. A money lender finds that due to a fall in the annual rate of interest from 8% to 7 3/4 % his yearly income diminishes by Rs. 61.50, his capital is?
11. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
12. An amount of Rs. 100000 is invested in two types of shares. The first yields an interest of 9% p.a and the second, 11% p.a. If the total interest at the end of one year is 9 3/4 %, then the amount invested in each share was?
13. A train 540 meters long is running with a speed of 54 kmph. The time taken by it to cross a tunnel 180 meters long is?
14. A train of 24 carriages, each of 60 meters length, when an engine also of 60 meters length is running at a speed of 60 kmph. In what time will the train cross a bridge 1.5 km long?
15. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
16. Two numbers are in the ratio of 5:7. If 25 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 35:59. Find the numbers?
17. 40% of a number is more than 20% of 650 by 190. Find the number?
18. Which of the following fractions is the largest?
19. A starts business with a capital of Rs.1200 B and C join with some investments after 3 and 6 months respectively. If the end of a year, the profit is divided
in the ratio 2:3:5 respectively. What is B's investment in the business?
20. Excluding stoppages, the average speed of a bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages, the average speed of the bus is 40 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
21. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
22. Two men can complete a piece of work in four days. Two women can complete the same work in eight days. Four boys can complete the same work in five days. If four men, eight women and 20 boys work together in how many days can the work be completed?
23. A reduction of 40% in the price of bananas would enable a man to obtain 64 more for Rs.40, what is reduced price per dozen?
24. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
25. A man said to his son, "I was two-third of your present age when you were born". If the present age of the man is 48 years, find the present age of the son?
26. If a train, travelling at a speed of 90 kmph, crosses a pole in 5 sec, then the length of train is?
27. On dividing number by 357, we get 39 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 17, what will be the remainder?
28. If population of certain city increases at the rate of 5%. If population in 1981 was 138915, then population in 1978 was?
29. When 5% is lost in grinding wheat, a country has to import 20 million bags; but when only 2% is lost, it has to import only 15 million bags. Find the quantity of wheat, which grows in the country?
30. A certain number of men can do a work in 65 days working 6 hours a day. If the number of men are decreased by one-fourth, then for how many hours per day should they work in order to complete the work in 40 days?
31. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
32. Rs.1200 divided among P, Q and R. P gets half of the total amount received by Q and R. Q gets one-third of the total amount received by P and R. Find the amount received by R?
33. The average weight of A, B and C is 45 kg. If the average weight of A and B be 40 kg and that of B and C be 43 kg, then the weight of B is:
34. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
35. There are two circles of different radii. The are of a square is 784 sq cm and its side is twice the radius of the larger circle. The radius of the larger circle is seven - third that of the smaller circle. Find the circumference of the smaller circle.
36. What are the number of ways to select 3 men and 2 women such that one man and one woman are always selected?
37. A tank is filled in 5 hours by three pipes A, B and C. The pipe C is twice as fast as B and B is twice as fast as A. How much time will pipe A alone take to fill the tank?
38. A can do a job in 18 days and B can do it in 30 days. A and B working together will finish twice the amount of work in ------- days?
39. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
40. Sonika deposited Rs.8000 which amounted to Rs.9200 after 3 years at simple interest. Had the interest been 2% more. She would get how much?
41. The number of arrangements that can be made with the letters of the word MEADOWS so that the vowels occupy the even places?
42. The incomes of two persons A and B are in the ratio 3:4. If each saves Rs.100 per month, the ratio of their expenditures is 1:2 . Find their incomes?
43. A wholesale tea dealer 408 kilograms, 468 kilograms and 516 kilograms of three different qualities of tea. He wants it all to be packed into boxes of equal size without mixing. Find the capacity of the largest possible box?
44. Three years ago the average age of a family of six members was 19 years. A boy have been born, the average age of the family is the same today. What is the age of the boy?
45. The average of 35 numbers is 25. If each number is multiplied by 5, find the new average?
46. Three persons invested Rs.9000 in a joint business. The second person invested Rs.1000 more than the first and the third Rs.1000 more than second. After two
years, they gained Rs.5400. How much third person will get?
47. Find the number of factors of 300 excluding 1 and itself.
48. A large tanker can be filled by two pipes A and B in 60 and 40 minutes respectively. How many minutes will it take to fill the tanker from empty state if B is used for half the time and A and B fill it together for the other half?
49. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
50. A bank offers 5% C.I. calculated on half-yearly basis . A customer deposits Rs. 1600 each on 1st January and 1st July of a year. At the end of the year, the amount he would have gained by way of interest is?