Time Left: 00:50:00
1. What is the sum of all the prime numbers from 20 to 40?
2. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
3. The difference between the two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging its digits is 54. The difference between the digits is?
4. 125 liters of a mixture of milk and water contains in the ratio 3:2. How much water should now be added so that the ratio of milk and water becomes 3:4?
5. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
6. A and B starts a business with Rs.8000 each, and after 4 months, B withdraws half of his capital . How should they share the profits at the end of the 18 months?
7. If four coins are tossed, the probability of getting two heads and two tails is -.
8. An automobile financier claims to be lending money at S.I., but he includes the interest every six months for calculating the principal. If he is charging an interest of 10%, the effective rate of interest becomes?
9. 35 + 15 * 1.5 = ?
10. A person lent a certain sum of money at 4% per annum at simple interest and in 8
years the interest amounted to Rs.340 less than the sum lent. What was the sum
11. A person travels from P to Q a speed of 40 km/hr and returns by increasing his speed by 50%. What is his average speed for both the trips?
12. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. When he had worked for 2 days B joins him. If the complete work was finished in 8 days. In how many days B alone can
finish the work?
13. 7 + 5 - (3/2 * 1/4) of 2/7 + 7/2 * 1/6 equals -.
14. By mixing two brands of tea and selling the mixture at the rate of Rs. 177 per kg. a shopkeeper makes a profit of 18%. If to every 2 kg of one brand costing Rs. 200 per kg, 3 kg of the other brand is added, then how much per kg does the other brand cost?
15. The radius of a cylindrical vessel is 7cm and height is 3cm. Find the whole surface of the cylinder?
16. Two taps can separately fill a cistern 10 minutes and 15 minutes respectively and when the waste pipe is open, they can together fill it in 18 minutes. The waste pipe can empty the full cistern in?
17. The ratio of the present ages of Giri and Hari is 5:8. 12 years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11:14. Find the difference in their present ages?
18. The wheels revolve round a common horizontal axis. They make 15, 20 and 48 revolutions in a minute respectively. Starting with a certain point on the circumference down wards. After what interval of time will they come together
in the same position?
19. A number consists of two digits. If the digits interchange places and the new number is added to the original number, then the resulting number will be divisible by:
20. A and B can do a piece of work in 12 days and 16 days respectively. Both work for 3 days and then A goes away. Find how long will B take to complete the remaining work?
21. Mahesh marks an article 15% above the cost price of Rs. 540. What must be his discount percentage if he sells it at Rs. 496.80?
22. What is the sum of all the composite numbers up to 20?
23. If the price of gold increases by 50%, find by how much the quantity of ornaments must be reduced, so that the expenditure may remain the same as before?
24. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
25. The bus fare for two persons for travelling between Agra and Aligarh id four-thirds the train fare between the same places for one person. The total fare paid by 6 persons travelling by bus and 8 persons travelling by train between the two places is Rs.1512. Find the train fare between the two places for one person?
26. A is half good a work man as B and together they finish a job in 14 days. In how many days working alone B finish the job?
27. A rectangular grass field is 75 m * 55 m, it has a path of 2.5 m wide all round it on the outside. Find the area of the path and the cost of constructing it at
Rs.2 per sq m?
28. By selling 99 pens, a trader gains the cost of 33 pens. Find his gain percentage?
29. The radius of a circular wheel is 1.75 m, how many revolutions will it make in traveling 1 km?
30. Four car rental agencies A, B, C and D rented a plot for parking their cars during the night. A parked 15 cars for 12 days, B parked 12 cars for 20 days, C parked 18 cars for 18 days and D parked 16 cars for 15 days. If A paid Rs. 1125 as rent for parking his cars, what is the total rent paid by all the four agencies?
31. The cost price of a radio is Rs.1500 and it was sold for Rs.1230, find the loss %?
32. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
33. the present average age of a couple and their daughter is 35 years. Fifteen years from now, the age of the mother will be equal to the sum of present ages of the father and the daughter. Find the present age of mother?
34. What percent of 125 is 16?
35. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. S.I. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was?
36. If 3 workers collect 48 kg of cotton in 4 days, how many kg of cotton will 9 workers collect in 2 days?
37. (a-3 b-2 / a2 b2)-3 * (a3 b-4 / a-3 b3) / (a-2 b3/a-4 b-3) = ?
38. The sum of two numbers is 25 and their difference is 13. Find their product.
39. I. x2 - x - 42 = 0, II. y2 - 17y + 72 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
40. A shopkeeper sells two articles at Rs.1000 each, making a profit of 20% on the first article and a loss of 20% on the second article. Find the net profit or loss that he makes?
41. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
42. Rajan got married 8 years ago. His present age is 6/5 times his age at the time of his marriage. Rajan's sister was 10 years younger to him at the time of his marriage. The age of Rajan's sister is:
43. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?
44. In one year, the population, of a village increased by 10% and in the next year, it decreased by 10%. If at the end of 2nd year, the population was 7920, what was it in the beginning?
45. A batsman makes a score of 64 runs in the 16th innings and thus increased his average by 3. Find his average after the 16th inning?
46. Twenty times a positive integer is less than its square by 96. What is the integer?
47. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
48. How many liters of oil at Rs.40 per liter should be mixed with 240 liters of a second variety of oil at Rs.60 per liter so as to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.52 per liter?
49. A train travelled from station P to Q in 8 hours and came back from station Q to P is 6 hours. What would be the ratio of the speed of the train while traveling from station P to Q to that from station Q to P?
50. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?