Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A and B began business with Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 after 8 months, A withdraws Rs.1000 and B advances Rs.1000 more. At the end of the year, their profits
amounted to Rs.630 find the share of A.
2. A cistern has a leak which would empty the cistern in 20 minutes. A tap is turned on which admits 4 liters a minute into the cistern, and it is emptied in 24 minutes. How many liters does the cistern hold?
3. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
4. (800 / 64) * (1296 / 36) = ?
5. The average age of a husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
6. If a person walks at 14 km/hr instead of 10 km/hr, he would have walked 20 km more. The actual distance traveled by him is?
7. The salary of a worker is first increased by 30% and afterwards reduced by 30%. What is net change in his salary?
8. If three eighth of a number is 141. What will be the approximately value of 32.08% of this number?
9. Find the highest common factor of 36 and 84.
10. Rajan got married 8 years ago. His present age is 6/5 times his age at the time of his marriage. Rajan's sister was 10 years younger to him at the time of his marriage. The age of Rajan's sister is:
11. There are some pigeons and hares in a zoo. If heads are counted, there are 200. If legs are counted, there are 580. The number of hares in the zoo is?
12. Sonika deposited Rs.8000 which amounted to Rs.9200 after 3 years at simple interest. Had the interest been 2% more. She would get how much?
13. The bus fare for two persons for travelling between Agra and Aligarh id four-thirds the train fare between the same places for one person. The total fare paid by 6 persons travelling by bus and 8 persons travelling by train between the two places is Rs.1512. Find the train fare between the two places for one person?
14. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
15. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 15 days, C and A in 20 days. If A, B and C work together, they will complete the work in?
16. A money lender lends Rs.2000 for six months at 20% p.a. rate. It the interest is reckoned quarterly than find the amount given after time limit.
17. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
18. A room is 15m long, 4m broad and 3m height. Find the cost of white washing its four walls at 50p per m2 ?
19. On multiplying a number by 7, the product is a number each of whose digits is 3. The smallest such number is:
20. A motorcyclist goes from Bombay to Pune, a distance of 192 kms at an average of 32 kmph speed. Another man starts from Bombay by car 2 ½ hours after the first,
and reaches Pune ½ hour earlier. What is the ratio of the speed of the motorcycle and the car?
21. Two trains are moving in opposite directions at 60 km/hr and 90 km/hr. Their lengths are 1.10 km and 0.9 km respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster train in seconds is?
22. If the sum of two numbers is 55 and the H.C.F and L.C.M of these numbers are 5 and 120 respectively, then the sum of the reciprocal of the numbers is equal to:
23. A man on tour travels first 160 km at 64 km/he and the next 160 km at 80 km/hr. The average speed for the first 320 km of the tour is?
24. The area of a triangle will be when a = 1m, b = 2m, c = 3m, a, b, c being lengths of respective sides.
25. A and B walk around a circular track. They start at 8 a.m. from the same point in the opposite directions. A and B walk at a speed of 2 rounds per hour and 3 rounds per hour respectively. How many times shall they cross each other before 9.30 a.m. ?
26. The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 1920 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1280. At what price should the article be sold to make 25% profit?
27. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
28. The least number which when add 3 to it, completely divided 8, 12 and 18 is?
29. Find the least number of five digits which is exactly divisible by 12, 15 and 18?
30. Thirty men can do a work in 24 days. In how many days can 20 men can do the work, given that the time spent per day is increased by one-third of the previous time?
31. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 2x2 + 5x + 2 = 0?
32. I. x2 + 5x + 6 = 0, II. y2 + 9y +14 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
33. The owner of a furniture shop charges his customer 24% more than the cost price. If a customer paid Rs. 8339 for a computer table, then what was the cost price of the computer table?
34. LCM of 87 and 145 is:
35. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
36. A, B and C enter into a partnership. They invest Rs. 40,000, Rs. 80,000 and Rs. 1,20,000 respectively. At the end of the first year, B withdraws Rs. 40,000, while at the end of the second year, C withdraws Rs. 80,000. IN what ratio will the profit be shared at the end of 3 years?
37. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
38. How many numbers up to 100 are divisible by 7?
39. Two persons A and B can complete a piece of work in 30 days and 45 days respectively. If they work together, what part of the work will be completed in 3 days?
40. If 12 men do a work in 80 days, in how many days will 16 men do it?
41. A can give B 100 meters start and C 200 meters start in a kilometer race. How much start can B give C in a kilometer race?
42. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
43. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
44. Find the least number which when divided by 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 19 leaves no remainder?
45. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
46. 217 * 217 + 183 * 183 = ?
47. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
48. A, B, C together started a business. A invested Rs.6000 for 5 months B invested Rs.3600 for 6 months and C Rs.7500 for 3 months. If they get a total profit of
Rs.7410. Find the share of A?
49. The length of each side of an equilateral triangle having an area of 4√3 cm2 is?
50. A sells a bicycle to B at a profit of 20%. B sells it to C at a profit of 25%. If C pays Rs. 225 for it, the cost price of the bicycle for A is: