Time Left: 00:30:00
1. A certain number of men can do a work in 65 days working 6 hours a day. If the number of men are decreased by one-fourth, then for how many hours per day should they work in order to complete the work in 40 days?
2. After working for 6 days, Ashok finds that only 1/3 rd of the work has been done. He employs Ravi who is 60% as efficient as Ashok. How many days more would Ravi take to complete the work?
3. The average of first five prime numbers greater than 20 is?
4. A man engaged a servant on the condition that he would pay him Rs.900 and a uniform after one year service. He served only for 9 months and received
uniform and Rs.650, find the price of the uniform?
5. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
6. Rahim bought 65 books for Rs.1150 from one shop and 50 books for Rs.920 from another. What is the average price he paid per book ?
7. When 732 is subtracted form the square of a number, the answer that is obtained is 5280. What is the number?
8. A shopkeeper sells 20% of his stock at 10% profit ans sells the remaining at a loss of 5%. He incurred an overall loss of Rs. 400. Find the total worth of the stock?
9. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
10. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
11. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
12. Find the 37.5% of 976 =
13. Find the greatest number that, while dividing 47, 215 and 365, gives the same remainder in each case?
14. A cistern can be filled by a tap in 4 hours while it can be emptied by another tap in 9 hours. If both the taps are opened simultaneously, then after how much time will the cistern get filled?
15. The greatest number of four digits that have 144 for their HCF is?
16. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
17. A and B starts a business with Rs.8000 each, and after 4 months, B withdraws half of his capital . How should they share the profits at the end of the 18 months?
18. In each of the following numbers, what should be the missing digit in the indicated place such that the number is a multiple of 11?
19. There is a 30% increase in the price of an article in the first year, a 20% decrease in the second year and a 10% increase in the next year. If the final price of the article is Rs. 2288, then what was the price of the article initially?
20. 10 books are placed at random in a shelf. The probability that a pair of books will always be together is -.
21. A, B and C have Rs.500 between them, A and C together have Rs.200 and B and C Rs.350. How much does C have?
22. An engineering student has to secure 36% marks to pass. He gets 130 marks and fails by 14 marks. The maximum No. of marks obtained by him is?
23. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?
24. If the sum and difference of two numbers are 20 and 8 respectively, then the difference of their square is:
25. What is the sum of all even numbers from 1 to 701?
26. The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 15 and the difference between the digits is 3. What is the two-digit number?
27. A can do a work in 9 days and B can do the same work in 18 days. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
28. A total of 3000 chocolates were distributed among 120 boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls?
29. 85% of a number is added to 24, the result is the same number. Find the number?
30. In an office, totally there are 6400 employees and 65% of the total employees are males. 25% of the males in the office are at-least 50 years old. Find the number of males aged below 50 years?