Time Left: 00:30:00
1. Walking with 4/5 of my usual speed, I miss the bus by 5 minutes. What is my usual time?
2. Ravi can do a piece of work in 30 days while Prakash can do it in 40 days. In how many days will they finish it together?
3. A, B and C are partners. A receives 2/3 of profits, B and C dividing the remainder equally. A's income is increased by Rs.200 when the rate to profit rises from 5 to 7 percent. Find the Capital of B?
4. A train 240 m in length crosses a telegraph post in 16 seconds. The speed of the train is?
5. Four car rental agencies A, B, C and D rented a plot for parking their cars during the night. A parked 15 cars for 12 days, B parked 12 cars for 20 days, C parked 18 cars for 18 days and D parked 16 cars for 15 days. If A paid Rs. 1125 as rent for parking his cars, what is the total rent paid by all the four agencies?
6. The H.C.F and L.C.M of two numbers are 84 and 21 respectively. If the ratio of the two numbers is 1:4, then the larger of the two numbers is:
7. If four coins are tossed, the probability of getting two heads and two tails is -.
8. Three years ago the average age of a family of six members was 19 years. A boy have been born, the average age of the family is the same today. What is the age of the boy?
9. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a college is 7:8. If the percentage increase in the number of boys and girls be 20% and 10% respectively. What will be the new ratio?
10. If one third of 3/4 of a number is 21. Then find the number?
11. How long does a train 110 m long traveling at 60 kmph takes to cross a bridge of 170 m in length?
12. Which one of the following is the sum of the numbers 1, 3, 5, 7, 9…. up to nth number?
13. A dishonest dealer professes to sell goods at the cost price but uses a false weight and gains 25%. Find his false weight age?
14. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
15. A man buys an article for 10% less than its value and sells it for 10% more than its value. His gain or loss percent is:
16. A man can row downstream at 18 kmph and upstream at 10 kmph. Find the speed of the man in still water and the speed of stream respectively?
17. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
18. A pipe can fill a cistern in 20 minutes whereas the cistern when fill can be emptied by a leak in 28 minutes. When both pipes are opened, find when the cistern will be full?
19. Three pipes of same capacity can fill a tank in 8 hours. If there are only two pipes of same capacity, the tank can be filled in.
20. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 6 and 24.
21. An officer was appointed on maximum daily wages on contract money of Rs. 4956. But on being absent for some days, he was paid only Rs. 3894. For how many days was he absent?
22. Ramesh purchased a refrigerator for Rs. 12500 after getting a discount of 20% on the labelled price. He spent Rs. 125 on transport and Rs. 250 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 10% if no discount was offered?
23. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
24. HCF of 3/16, 5/12, 7/8 is:
25. Pipe A can fill a tank in 6 hours. Due to a leak at the bottom, it takes 9 hours for the pipe A to fill the tank. In what time can the leak alone empty the full tank?
26. A man purchases 8 pens for Rs.9 and sells 9 pens for Rs.8, how much profit or loss does he make?
27. A shopkeeper buys mangoes at the rate of 4 a rupee and sells them at 3 a rupee. Find his net profit or loss percent?
28. Amar takes as much time in running 18 meters as a car takes in covering 48 meters. What will be the distance covered by Amar during the time the car covers 1.6 km?
29. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
30. A dealer purchased an article at 3/4 of its list price and sold 50% more than the list price. Find his gain percent?