Time Left: 00:30:00
1. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that atleast one bulb is good.
2. The value of a machine depreciates at 20% per annum. If its present value is Rs. 1,50,000, at what price should it be sold after two years such that a profit of Rs. 24,000 is made?
3. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
4. What is the sum of all the numbers between 300 and 1000 which are divisible by 179?
5. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 6 and 24.
6. The ratio of the present ages of Giri and Hari is 5 : 8. 12 years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11 : 14. Find the difference in their present ages?
7. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
8. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
9. A, B and C can do a work in 6, 8 and 12 days respectively doing the work together and get a payment of Rs.1800. What is B’s share?
10. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?
11. P alone can complete a piece of work in 6 days. Work done by Q alone in one day is equal to one-third of the work done by P alone in one day. In how many days can the work be completed if P and Q work together?
12. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
13. A man walks at a speed of 3 km/hr and runs at a speed of 7 km/hr. How much time will the man require to cover a distance of 10 1/2 km, if he completes half of the distance, i.e., (5 1/4) km on foot and the other half by running?
14. The average of first ten prime numbers which are odd is?
15. Which of the following has most number of divisors?
16. The ratio of numbers is 3:4 and their H.C.F is 4. Their L.C.M is:
17. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
18. By mixing two brands of tea and selling the mixture at the rate of Rs. 177 per kg. a shopkeeper makes a profit of 18%. If to every 2 kg of one brand costing Rs. 200 per kg, 3 kg of the other brand is added, then how much per kg does the other brand cost?
19. A pipe can fill a cistern in 20 minutes whereas the cistern when fill can be emptied by a leak in 28 minutes. When both pipes are opened, find when the cistern will be full?
20. A cistern is filled by a tap in 3 1/2 hours. Due to leak in the bottom of the cistern, it takes half an hour longer to fill the cistern. If the cistern is full how long will it take the leak to empty it?
21. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
22. The difference of two numbers is 1365. On dividing the larger number by the smaller, we get 6 as quotient and 15 as remainder. What is the smaller number?
23. The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F is 13. The number of such pairs is:
24. A number consists of two digits. If 3/5 of 1/5 of the number is 9. Find the sum of its two digits?
25. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days, while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days. In how many days will 10 women complete it?
26. 10 camels cost as much as 24 horses, 16 horses cost as much as 4 oxen and 6 oxen as much as 4 elephants. If the cost of 10 elephants is Rs.170000, find the cost of a camel?
27. The average age of 8 men increases by 2 years when two women are included in place of two men of ages 20 and 24 years. Find the average age of the women?
28. Find the lowest common multiple of 24, 36 and 40.
29. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?
30. In a colony of 70 residents, the ratio of the number of men and women is 4:3. Among the women, the ratio of the educated to the uneducated is 1:4. If the ratio of the number of education to uneducated persons is 8:27, then find the ratio of the number of educated and uneducated men in the colony?