Time Left: 00:30:00
1. What is the are of an equilateral triangle of side 16 cm?
2. A can do a piece of work in 30 days. He works at it for 5 days and then B finishes it in 20 days. In what time can A and B together it?
3. A walks around a circular field at the rate of one round per hour while B runs around it at the rate of six rounds per hour. They start in the same direction from the same point at 7.30 a.m. They shall first cross each other at?
4. Two numbers are in the ratio 1:2. If 7 is added to both, their ratio changes to 3:5. The greatest number is:
5. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. Find the length of the train.
6. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
7. Find the lowest common multiple of 24, 36 and 40.
8. It takes eight hours for a 600 km journey, if 120 km is done by train and the rest by car. It takes 20 minutes more, if 200 km is done by train and the rest by car. The ratio of the speed of the train to that of the car is?
9. Ratio of the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is 5 : x. Mahesh is 18 years younger to Ramesh. After nine years Ramesh will be 47 years old. If the difference between the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is same as the age of Ramesh, what is the value of x?
10. 1095/1168 when expressed in simplest form is:
11. A person buys an article at Rs.500. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a profit of 20%?
12. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 50 m and B beats C by 100 m. In the same race, by how many meters does A beat C?
13. A dealer purchases 15 articles for Rs. 25 and sells 12 articles for Rs. 30. Find the profit percentage?
14. What annual payment will discharge a debt of Rs. 1025 due in 2 years at the rate of 5% compound interest?
15. David invested certain amount in three different schemes. A, B and C with the rate of interest 10% p.a., 12% p.a. and 15% p.a. respectively. If the total interest accrued in one year was Rs. 3200 and the amount invested in scheme C was 150% of the amount invested in scheme A and 240% of the amount invested in scheme B, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
16. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
17. Out of first 20 natural numbers, one number is selected at random. The probability that it is either an even number or a prime number is -.
18. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the figures 3, 4, 7, 0, 3?
19. The L.C.M of 23 * 32 * 5 and 33 * 5 2 * 23 is.
20. If 40% of a number is equal to two-third of another number, what is the ratio of first number to the second number?
21. A train passes a station platform in 36 sec and a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr. What is the length of the platform?
22. Simran started a software business by investing Rs. 50,000. After six months, Nanda joined her with a capital of Rs. 80,000. After 3 years, they earned a profit of Rs. 24,500. What was Simran's share in the profit?
23. (1000)9/1024 = ?
24. Three years ago the average age of a family of six members was 19 years. A boy have been born, the average age of the family is the same today. What is the age of the boy?
25. A man can row his boat with the stream at 6 km/h and against the stream in 4
km/h. The man's rate is?
26. A train can travel 50% faster than a car. Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B at 75 kms away from A at the same time. On the way, however, the train lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the stations. The speed of the car is?
27. Five years ago the average of the ages of A and B was 40 years and now the average of the ages of B and C is 48 years. What will be the age of the B ten years hence?
28. Out of 15 consecutive numbers, 2 are chosen at random. The probability that they are both odds or both primes is -.
29. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
30. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case?