Time Left: 00:30:00
1. A fruit vendor purchased 20 dozens of bananas at Rs. 15 per dozen. But one-fourth of the bananas were rotten and had to be thrown away. He sold two-third of the remaining bananas at Rs. 22.50 per dozen. At what price per dozen should he sell the remaining bananas to make neither a profit nor a loss?
2. Q is as much younger than R as he is older than T. If the sum of the ages of R and T is 50 years. What is definitely the difference between R and Q's age?
3. What is the least number to be subtracted from 11, 15, 21 and 30 each so that resultant numbers become proportional?
4. A, B and C started a business with capitals of Rs. 8000, Rs. 10000 and Rs. 12000 respectively. At the end of the year, the profit share of B is Rs. 1500. The difference between the profit shares of A and C is?
5. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 9:17. The first number is:
6. In a school of 850 boys, 44% of Muslims, 28% Hindus, 10% Sikhs and the remaining of other communities. How many belonged to the other communities?
7. The sum of the square of the three consecutive even natural numbers is 1460. Find the numbers?
8. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks our of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
9. Two same glasses are respectively 1/4th 1/5th full of milk. They are then filled with water and the contents mixed in a tumbler. The ratio of milk and water in the tumbler is?
10. Find the greatest number that exactly divides 35, 91 and 840?
11. What is the perimeter of a square field whose diagonal is 8√2?
12. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3 : 4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5 : 7. If each of them saves Rs. 200, find the incomes of both ?
13. Indu gave Bindu Rs.1250 on compound interest for 2 years at 4% per annum. How much loss would Indu has suffered had she given it to Bindu for 2 years at 4% per annum simple interest?
14. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
15. Find the quadratic equations whose roots are the reciprocals of the roots of 2x2 + 5x + 3 = 0?
16. If x = √11 + √20, y = √15 + √17 and z = √14 + √18, then which of the following holds true?
17. What is the least number which when divided by 8, 12, 18 and 24 leaves the remainders 4, 8, 14 and 20 respectively?
18. How long does a train 110 m long traveling at 60 kmph takes to cross a bridge of 170 m in length?
19. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
20. The smallest number which when divided by 20, 25, 35 and 40 leaves a remainder of 14, 19, 29 and 34 respectively is?
21. A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?
22. What is the length of the longest pole which can be kept in a room 12 m long, 4 m broad and 3 m high?
23. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
24. A is half good a work man as B and together they finish a job in 14 days. In how many days working alone B finish the job?
25. Twenty four men can do a work in 35 days. How many men are required to complete the work in 21 days?
26. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the figures 3, 4, 7, 0, 3?
27. The simple interest accrued on an amount Rs.10,000 at the end of two years is same as the compound interest on Rs.8,000 at the end of two years. The rate of interest is same in both the cases. What is the rate of interest?
28. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24, 30 and 40 days respectively. They start the work together but C leaves 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days is the work done?
29. How long does a train 110 m long running at the speed of 72 km/hr takes to cross a bridge 132 m length?
30. The radius of the two circular fields is in the ratio 3: 5 the area of the first field is what percent less than the area of the second?