Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A manufacturer sells a pair of glasses to a wholesale dealer at a profit of 18%. The wholesaler sells the same to retailer at a profit of 20%. The retailer in turn sells them to a customer for Rs. 30.09, there by earning a profit of 25%. The cost price for the manufacturer is:
2. A sum amount to Rs.1344 in two years at simple interest. What will be the compound interest on the same sum at the same rate of interest for the same
3. Q is as much younger than R as he is older than T. If the sum of the ages of R and T is 50 years. What is definitely the difference between R and Q's age?
4. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 20% and its denominator is diminished by 25% value of the fraction is 2/15. Find the original fraction.
5. If Rs. 782 be divided into three parts, proportional to 1/2:2/3:3/4, then the first part is:
6. The average of 13 numbers is 60. Average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
7. Walking with 4/5 of my usual speed, I miss the bus by 5 minutes. What is my usual time?
8. The greatest ratio out of 2:3, 5:4, 3:2 and 4:5 is?
9. A man complete a journey in 10 hrs. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km?
10. Ten percent of Ram's monthly salary is equal to eight percent of Shyam's monthly salary. Shyam's monthly salary is twice Abhinav's monthly salary. If Abhinav's annual salary is Rs. 1.92 lakhs, find Ram's monthly salary?
11. The sum of five numbers is 655. The average of the first two numbers is 85 and the third number is 125. Find the average of the two numbers?
12. A certain amount earns simple interest of Rs. 1750 after 7 years. Had the interest been 2% more, how much more interest would it have earned?
13. The value of (2.75)3 - (2.00)3 - (0.75)3 is
14. The sum of the two digits of a number is 10. If the number is subtracted from the number obtained by reversing its digits, the result is 54. Find the number?
15. A and B can do a work in 4 hours and 12 hours respectively. A starts the work at 6AM and they work alternately for one hour each. When will the work be completed?
16. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
17. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
18. A wholesale tea dealer 408 kilograms, 468 kilograms and 516 kilograms of three different qualities of tea. He wants it all to be packed into boxes of equal size without mixing. Find the capacity of the largest possible box?
19. pipes P and Q would fill a cistern 18 and 24 minutes respectively. Both pipes being opened, find when the first pipe must be turned off so that the cistern may be just filled in 12 minutes?
20. If the arithmetic mean of seventy five numbers is calculated, it is 35. If each number is increased by 5, then mean of new number is:
21. A man can row a boat at 20 kmph in still water. If the speed of the stream is 6 kmph, what is the time taken to row a distance of 60 km downstream?
22. (3-3 * 95/2) / (272/3 * 3-4) = ?
23. Nitin’s salary is reduced by 10% and then reduced salary is increased by 10%. Find ,how many percentage his present salary is less as compared to his previous salary?
24. 12 men can complete a piece of work in 4 days, while 15 women can complete the same work in 4 days. 6 men start working on the job and after working for 2 days, all of them stopped working. How many women should be put on the job to complete the remaining work, if it so to be completed in 3 days?
25. The tens digit of a two-digit number is two more than its unit digit. The two-digit number is 7 times the sum of the digits. Find the units digits?
26. A circular path of 13 m radius has marginal walk 2 m wide all round it. Find the cost of leveling the walk at 25p per m2?
27. In what ratio should two varieties of sugar of Rs.18 per kg and Rs.24 kg be mixed together to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.20 per kg?
28. A person bought an article and sold it at a loss of 10%. If he had bought it for 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost price?
29. A man goes from A to B at a speed of 20 kmph and comes back to A at a speed of 30 kmph. Find his average speed for the entire journey?
30. What is the difference between the largest and the smallest number written with 7, 7, 0, 7?
31. What is the sum of the local values of the digits 2, 3, 4, 5 in the number 2345?
32. What should be the least number to be added to the 51234 number to make it divisible by 9?
33. The C.P of 15 books is equal to the S.P of 18 books. Find his gain% or loss%?
34. The average age of a husband and a wife is 23 years when they were married five years ago but now the average age of the husband, wife and child is 20 years(the child was born during the interval). What is the present age of the child?
35. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
36. Ratio of the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is 5:x. Mahesh is 18 years younger to Ramesh. After nine years Ramesh will be 47 years old. If the difference between the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is same as the age of Ramesh, what is the value of x?
37. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
38. The simple form of the ratio 2/3:2/5 is?
39. If P gets 25% more than Q, then by what percent does Q get less than P?
40. Two numbers are in the ratio of 5:7. If 25 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 35:59. Find the numbers?
41. A watch was sold at a loss of 10%. If it was sold for Rs.140 more, there would have been a gain of 4%. What is the cost price?
42. From a pack of cards two cards are drawn one after the other, with replacement. The probability that the first is a red card and the second is a king is -.
43. There are two circles of different radii. The are of a square is 784 sq cm and its side is twice the radius of the larger circle. The radius of the larger circle is seven - third that of the smaller circle. Find the circumference of the smaller circle.
44. 20% of 40 + ? % of 80 = 120
45. The base of a right triangle is 8 and hypotenuse is 10. Its area is?
46. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
47. What percent of 120 are 90?
48. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 9:17. The first number is:
49. Five bells first begin to toll together and then at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds respectively. After what interval of time will they toll again together?
50. A can do a work in 9 days and B can do the same work in 18 days. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?