Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If 30% of a number exceeds 20% of it by 18, then find the number?
2. A sum of money place at compound interest doubles itself in 4 years. In how many years will it amount to eight times itself?
3. If I walk at 3 kmph, I miss the train by 2 min, if however, I walk at 4 kmph. I reach the station 2 min before the arrival of the train. How far do I walk to
reach the station?
4. A can do a piece of work in 30 days. He works at it for 5 days and then B finishes it in 20 days. In what time can A and B together it?
5. The number obtained by interchanging the two digits of a two-digit number is less than the original number by 45. If the sum of the two digits of the number so obtained is 13, then what is the original number?
6. If rupee one produces rupees nine over a period of 40 years, find the rate of simple interest?
7. If four coins are tossed, the probability of getting two heads and two tails is -.
8. Find the size of the largest square slabs which can be paved on the floor of a room 5 meters 44 cm long and 3 meters 74 cm broad?
9. The average of first 10 natural numbers is?
10. If the price has fallen by 10% what percent of its consumption be: increased so that the expenditure may be the same as before?
11. If a: b = 3:4, b:c = 7:9, c:d = 5:7, find a:d?
12. The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 15 and the difference between the digits is 3. What is the two-digit number?
13. A garrison of 2000 men has provisions for 54 days. At the end of 15 days, a reinforcement arrives, and it is now found that the provisions will last only for 20 days more. What is the reinforcement?
14. Rs.800 amounts to Rs.920 in 3 years at simple interest. If the interest is increased by 3%, it would amount to how much?
15. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3:4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5:7. If each of them saves Rs.200, find the incomes of both?
16. The edges of three iron cubes are 6cm; 8cm; 10cm respectively. A new cube was made by melting them. Find the edge of the new cube?
17. The average of five consecutive odd numbers is 61. What is the difference between the highest and lowest numbers?
18. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
19. The difference between the simple interest received from two different sources on Rs. 1500 for 3 years is Rs. 13.50. The difference between their rates of interest is?
20. Visitors to show were charged Rs.15 each on the first day. Rs.7.50 on the second day, Rs.2.50 on the third day and total attendance on the three days were in ratio 2:5:13 respectively. The average charge per person for the whole show is?
21. The average age of three boys is 15 years and their ages are in proportion 3:5:7. What is the age in years of the youngest boy?
22. If 6 (A's capital) = 8 (B's capital) = 10 (C's capital). Then the ratio of their capitals is:
23. If 4 2/3 is subtracted form 10 1/2 and the difference is multiplied by 450, then what is the final answer?
24. There is 60% increase in an amount in 6 years at S.I. What will be the C.I. of Rs. 12,000 after 3 years at the same rate?
25. A letter lock consists of three rings each marked with six different letters. The number of distinct unsuccessful attempts to open the lock is at the most -.
26. The edges of a cuboid are 4 cm, 5 cm and 6 cm. Find the volume of the cuboid?
27. 1600 men have provisions for 28 days in the temple. If after 4 days, 400 men leave the temple, how long will the food last now?
28. 184 * 216 - 81 + 119 / 0.7 = ?
29. In what ratio should a variety of rice costing Rs. 6 per kg be mixed with another variety of rice costing Rs. 8.75 per kg to obtain a mixture costing Rs. 7.50 per kg?
30. A person bought an article and sold it at a loss of 10%. If he had bought it for 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost price?
31. (242 + 144 / 3) / 36 = ?
32. A train passes a station platform in 36 sec and a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr. What is the length of the platform?
33. The dimensions of a room are 25 feet * 15 feet * 12 feet. What is the cost of white washing the four walls of the room at Rs. 5 per square feet if there is one door of dimensions 6 feet * 3 feet and three windows of dimensions 4 feet * 3 feet each?
34. The sale price of an article including the sales tax is Rs. 616. The rate of sales tax is 10%. If the shopkeeper has made a profit of 12%, then the cost price of the article is:
35. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that no two dice show the same number on them is -.
36. In a division sum, the remainder is 0. As student mistook the divisor by 12 instead of 21 and obtained 35 as quotient. What is the correct quotient?
37. The ratio of the earnings of P and Q is 9:10. If the earnings of P increases by one-fourth and the earnings of Q decreases by one-fourth, then find the new ratio of their earnings?
38. The sum and the product of two numbers are 25 and 144 respectively, the difference of the number is?
39. How much interest can a person get on Rs. 8200 at 17.5% p.a. simple interest for a period of two years and six months?
40. In a mixture of 60 liters, the ratio of milk and water is 2:1. What amount of water must be added to make the ratio of milk and water as 1:2?
41. The average age of a husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
42. Find the nearest to 25268 which is exactly divisible by 467?
43. Simran started a software business by investing Rs. 50,000. After six months, Nanda joined her with a capital of Rs. 80,000. After 3 years, they earned a profit of Rs. 24,500. What was Simran's share in the profit?
44. A man on tour travels first 160 km at 64 km/he and the next 160 km at 80 km/hr. The average speed for the first 320 km of the tour is?
45. How many minimum number's of whole square slabs are required for paving the floor 12.96 meters long and 3.84 meters side?
46. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?
47. If 5 men and 2 boys working together, can do four times as much work per hour as a man and a boy together. Find the ratio of the work done by a man and that of a boy for a given time?
48. 64309 - 8703 + 798 - 437 = ?
49. 5% people of a village in Sri Lanka died by bombardment, 15% of the remainder left the village on account of fear. If now the population is reduced to 3553, how much was it in the beginning?
50. A room is 15m long, 4m broad and 3m height. Find the cost of white washing its four walls at 50p per m2 ?