Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A tank is filled in eight hours by three pipes A, B and C. Pipe A is twice as fast as pipe B, and B is twice as fast as C. How much time will pipe B alone take to fill the tank?
2. Two trains 121 meters and 165 meters in length respectively are running in opposite directions, one at the rate of 80 km and the other at the rate of 65 kmph. In what time will they be completely clear of each other from the moment they meet?
3. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
4. 6 of 5/8 / 5/8 - 1/8 = ?
5. In a partnership between A, B and C. A's capital is Rs.5000. If his share of a profit of Rs.800 is Rs.200 and C's share is Rs.130, what is B's capital?
6. A room is 4 meters 37 cm long and 3 meters 23cm broad. It is required to pave the floor with minimum square slabs. Find the number of slabs required for this purpose?
7. Kamal started a business investing Rs. 9000. After five months, Sameer joined with a capital of Rs. 8000. If at the end of the year, they earn a profit of Rs. 6970, then what will be the share of Sameer in the profit?
Least perfect square number, exactly divisible by 21, 36 and 56 is?
9. A manufacturer sells a pair of glasses to a wholesale dealer at a profit of 18%. The wholesaler sells the same to retailer at a profit of 20%. The retailer in turn sells them to a customer for Rs. 30.09, there by earning a profit of 25%. The cost price for the manufacturer is:
10. 45 men working 8 hours per day dig 30 m deep. How many extra men should be put to dig to a depth of 50 m working 6 hours per day?
11. The average of first 10 prime numbers is?
12. 1252 * 23 + 35000 = (?)2
13. The two trains of lengths 400 m, 600 m respectively, running at same directions. The faster train can cross the slower train in 180 sec, the speed of the slower train is 48 km. then find the speed of the faster train?
14. The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 1920 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1280. At what price should the article be sold to make 25% profit?
15. If the arithmetic mean of seventy five numbers is calculated, it is 35. If each number is increased by 5, then mean of new number is:
16. Excluding stoppages, the average speed of a bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages, the average speed of the bus is 40 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
17. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 20% and its denominator is diminished by 25% value of the fraction is 2/15. Find the original fraction.
18. Mr. Thomas invested an amount of Rs. 13,900 divided in two different schemes A and B at the simple interest rate of 14% p.a. and 11% p.a. respectively. If the total amount of simple interest earned in 2 years be Rs. 3508, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
19. If x = √11 + √20, y = √15 + √17 and z = √14 + √18, then which of the following holds true?
20. In a group of 80 children and 10 youngsters, each child got sweets that are 15% of the total number of children and each youngster got sweets that are 25% of the total number of children. How many sweets were there?
21. A, B and C can do a work in 6 days, 8 days and 12 days respectively. In how many days can all three of them working together, complete the work?
22. A sum of money lent out at S.I. amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is?
23. Ravi invested certain amount for two rates of simple interests at 6% p.a. and 7% p.a. What is the ratio of Ravi's investments if the interests from those investments are equal?
24. The sum of two numbers is 528 and their H.C.F is 33. The number of pairs of numbers satisfying the above conditions is:
25. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
26. Sachin is younger than Rahul by 4 years. If their ages are in the respective ratio of 7:9, how old is Sachin?
27. A coin is tossed live times. What is the probability that there is at the least one tail?
28. What is the sum of all the composite numbers up to 20?
29. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
30. By selling 150 mangoes, a fruit-seller gains the selling price of 30 mangoes. Find the gain percent?
mean proportional between 4 and 9 is?
32. Two trains start from P and Q respectively and travel towards each other at a speed of 50 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively. By the time they meet, the first train has traveled 100 km more than the second. The distance between P and Q is?
33. The areas of the two spheres are in the ratio 1: 4. The ratio of their volume is?
34. The compound ratio of 2/3, 6/7, 1/3 and 1/8 is given by?
35. The average of 10 numbers is calculated as 15. It is discovered later on that while calculating the average, one number namely 36 was wrongly read as 26. The correct average is?
36. A man buys two articles for Rs.1980 each and he gains 10% on the first and loses 10% on the next. Find his total gain or loss percent?
37. The sum of the numbers is 264. If the first number be twice the second and third number be one-third of the first, then the second number is:
38. Pavan travelled for 11 hours. He covered the first half of the distance at 30 kmph and remaining half of the distance at 25 kmph. Find the distance travelled by Pavan.
39. A walks around a circular field at the rate of one round per hour while B runs around it at the rate of six rounds per hour. They start in the same direction from the same point at 7.30 a.m. They shall first cross each other at?
40. 5 * 5 ÷ 5 + 5 ÷ 5 = ?
41. A certain sum becomes four times itself at simple interest in eight years. In how many years does it become ten times itself?
42. Vijay lent out an amount Rs. 10000 into two parts, one at 8% p.a. and the remaining at 10% p.a. both on simple interest. At the end of the year he received Rs. 890 as total interest. What was the amount he lent out at 8% pa.a?
43. The average of first ten prime numbers which are odd is?
44. Divide Rs.118000 among three persons A, B and C such that the ratio of the shares of A and B is 3:4 and that of B:C is 5:6?
45. If 34m+1 = 37m-5, solve for m.
46. There is food for 760 men for 22 days. How many more men should join after two days so that the same food may last for 19 days more?
47. Express the following number as products of powers of prime factors?
48. I. a2 + 8a + 16 = 0, II. b2 - 4b + 3 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
49. The proportion of copper and zinc in the brass is 13:7. How much zinc will there be in 100 kg of brass?
50. Surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4 what is the ratio of their volumes?