Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Two trains of equal lengths take 10 sec and 15 sec respectively to cross a telegraph post. If the length of each train be 120 m, in what time will they cross other travelling in opposite direction?
2. 183.21 + 2.9928 * 66.84 = ?
3. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
4. A, B and C can do a work in 90, 30 and 45 days respectively. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
5. 12 men can complete a piece of work in 4 days, while 15 women can complete the same work in 4 days. 6 men start working on the job and after working for 2 days, all of them stopped working. How many women should be put on the job to complete the remaining work, if it so to be completed in 3 days?
6. Simran started a software business by investing Rs. 50,000. After six months, Nanda joined her with a capital of Rs. 80,000. After 3 years, they earned a profit of Rs. 24,500. What was Simran's share in the profit?
7. The circumferences of two circles are 264 meters and 352 meters. Find the difference between the areas of the larger and the smaller circles.
8. A person takes 20 minutes more to cover a certain distance by decreasing his speed by 20%. What is the time taken to cover the distance at his original speed?
9. 105.126 * 35.201 - 90.23 * 3 + 55.11 * 27.01 = ?
10. A heap of stones can be made up into groups of 21. When made up into groups of 16, 20, 25 and 45 there are 3 stones left in each case. How many stones at least can there be in the heap?
11. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
12. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the two digits is 63. Which is the smaller of the two numbers?
13. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
14. Two tests had the same maximum mark. The pass percentages in the first and the second test were 40% and 45% respectively. A candidate scored 216 marks in the second test and failed by 36 marks in that test. Find the pass mark in the first test?
15. Two pipes can fill a tank in 18 minutes and 15 minutes. An outlet pipe can empty the tank in 45 minutes. If all the pipes are opened when the tank is empty, then how many minutes will it take to fill the tank?
16. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
17. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4:5:6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
18. A 600 meter long train crosses a signal post in 40 seconds. How long will it take to cross a 3 kilometer long bridge, at the same speed?
19. A wholesale tea dealer 408 kilograms, 468 kilograms and 516 kilograms of three different qualities of tea. He wants it all to be packed into boxes of equal size without mixing. Find the capacity of the largest possible box?
20. The average of four positive integers is 69. The highest integer is 93 and the least integer is 39. The difference between the remaining two integers is 28. Which of the following integers is the higher of the remaining two integers?
21. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
22. The average of first five multiples of 3 is:
23. 50 men can complete a work in 65 days.Five days after started the work, 20 men left the group. In how many days can the remaining work be completed?
24. A rectangular courtyard, the sides of which are in the ratio of 4:3, cost Rs.600 for paving at 50 p per m2; find the length of the diagonal of the
25. Find the amount on Rs.8000 in 9 months at 20% per annum, if the interest being compounded quarterly?
26. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?
27. (743.30)2 = ?
28. A walks around a circular field at the rate of one round per hour while B runs around it at the rate of six rounds per hour. They start in the same direction from the same point at 7.30 a.m. They shall first cross each other at?
29. If the sides of a cube are in the ratio 4:3. What is the ratio of their diagonals?
30. 108 * 107 * 96 = ? (to the nearest hundred)
31. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
32. A sum of Rs.4800 is invested at a compound interest for three years, the rate of interest being 10% p.a., 20% p.a. and 25% p.a. for the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd years respectively. Find the interest received at the end of the three years.
33. Rs.525 among A, B and C such that B may get 2/3 of A and C together get. Find the share of C?
34. Two passenger trains start at the same hour in the day from two different stations and move towards each other at the rate of 16 kmph and 21 kmph respectively.
When they meet, it is found that one train has traveled 60 km more than the other one. The distance between the two stations is?
35. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4 : 3?
36. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q - r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
37. If 12 men do a work in 80 days, in how many days will 16 men do it?
38. Two varieties of wheat - A and B costing Rs. 9 per kg and Rs. 15 per kg were mixed in the ratio 3 : 7. If 5 kg of the mixture is sold at 25% profit, find the profit made?
39. The area of a square is 4096 sq cm. Find the ratio of the breadth and the length of a rectangle whose length is twice the side of the square and breadth is 24 cm less than the side of the square.
40. Rs.4500 amounts to Rs.5544 in two years at compound interest, compounded annually. If the rate of the interest for the first year is 12%, find the rate of interest for the second year?
41. Three cubes of metal whose edges are 9, 12 and 15 cm respectively, are melted and one new cube is made. Find the edge of the new cube?
42. 43% of 784 = ?
43. 8/15 / 1 1/3 * 3 ?/4 = 1.5
44. The sum and the product of the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 20x + 3 = 0 are?
45. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5:4. If the income of the person is Rs.18000, then find his savings?
46. There were two candidates in an election. Winner candidate received 62% of votes and won the election by 288 votes. Find the number of votes casted to the winning candidate?
47. Sreenivas sells a table to Shiva at 10% profit and Shiva sells it to Mahesh at 10% loss. At what price did Sreenivas purchase the table if Mahesh paid Rs. 2178?
48. In a mixture of 60 liters, the ratio of milk and water is 2:1. What amount of water must be added to make the ratio of milk and water as 1:2?
49. The sale price sarees listed for Rs.400 after successive discount is 10% and 5% is?
50. How many meters of carpet 50cm, wide will be required to cover the floor of a room 30m * 20m?