Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A man saves Rs. 200 at the end of each year and lends the money at 5% compound interest. How much will it become at the end of 3 years?
2. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
3. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
4. The C.I. on a certain sum for 2 years at 10% per annum is Rs. 525. The S.I. on the same sum for double the time at half the rate percent per annum is?
5. 8 2/3 + 6 4/5 = ?
6. A and B rent a pasture for 10 months. A put in 80 cows for 7 months. How many can B put in for the remaining 3 months, if he pays half as much again as A?
7. Find the least number which when divided by 35 and 11 leaves a remainder of 1 in each case.
8. Q is as much younger than R as he is older than T. If the sum of the ages of R and T is 50 years. What is definitely the difference between R and Q's age?
9. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 3x2 - 7x - 6 = 0?
10. A train 400 m long can cross an electric pole in 20 sec and then find the speed of the train?
11. The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers exceeds their product by 91. Find the integers?
12. If x = √196 + √200, then x/2 + 2/x is?
13. The average of first 10 even numbers is?
14. A man can row his boat with the stream at 6 km/h and against the stream in 4
km/h. The man's rate is?
15. 3.5 can be expressed in terms of percentage as?
16. Find the smallest number which should be multiplied with 520 to make it a perfect square.
17. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting a group of eight persons?
18. A, B and C can do a work in 6 days, 8 days and 12 days respectively. In how many days can all three of them working together, complete the work?
19. A question paper consists of five problems, each problem having three internal choices. In how many ways can a candidate attempt one or more problems?
20. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
21. If a man can cover 12 metres in one second, how many kilometres can he cover in 3 hours 45 minutes?
22. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
23. A watch was sold at a loss of 10%. If it was sold for Rs.140 more, there would have been a gain of 4%. What is the cost price?
24. 7 + 1/2 of [8 - 4 / 2 * 3 - 1 + 1 + (4 + 2) - 2 * 2] = ?
25. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
26. A person bought an article and sold it at a loss of 10%. If he had bought it for 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost price?
27. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 20 and 30 minutes respectively, and a third pipe C can empty it in 40 minutes. How long will it take to fill the cistern if all the three are opened at the same time?
28. Six years ago, the ratio of ages of Kunal and Sagar was 6:5. Four years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11:10. What is Sagar's age at present?
29. The smallest fraction, which each of 6/7, 5/14, 10/21 will divide exactly is:
30. On dividing number by 357, we get 39 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 17, what will be the remainder?
31. (743.30)2 = ?
32. The altitude of an equilateral triangle of side 2√3 cm is?
33. The effective annual rate of interest corresponding to a nominal rate of 6% per annum payable half-yearly is?
34. A bag contains 7 green and 8 white balls. If two balls are drawn simultaneously, the probability that both are of the same colour is -.
35. If y exceeds x by 25%, then x is less than y by?
36. The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their volumes?
37. Find the area of the quadrilateral of one of its diagonals is 20 cm and its off sets 9 cm and 6 cm?
38. Find the roots of quadratic equation: x2 + x - 42 = 0?
39. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
40. The average age of a group of 10 persons was decreased by 3 years when one person, whose age was 42 years, was replaced by a new person. Find the age of the new person?
41. A 600 meter long train crosses a signal post in 40 seconds. How long will it take to cross a 3 kilometer long bridge, at the same speed?
42. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
43. Five bells first begin to toll together and then at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds respectively. After what interval of time will they toll again together?
44. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
45. Two-third of a positive number and 25/216 of its reciprocal are equal. The number is:
46. The ratio of the radius of two circles is 1: 3, and then the ratio of their areas is?
47. (242 + 144 / 3) / 36 = ?
48. A person invested in all Rs. 2600 at 4%, 6% and 8% per annum simple interest. At the end of the year, he got the same interest in all the three cases. The money invested at 4% is?
49. In a flight of 600 km, an aircraft was slowed down due to bad weather. Its average speed for the trip was reduced by 200 km/hr and the time of flight increased by 30 minutes. The duration of the flight is?
50. A reduction of 20% in the price of salt enables a lady to obtain 10kgs more for Rs.100, find the original price per kg?