Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
2. If a number is subtracted from its square we get 272. Find the number?
3. 666 / 6 / 3 = ?
4. A and B walk around a circular track. They start at 8 a.m. from the same point in the opposite directions. A and B walk at a speed of 2 rounds per hour and 3 rounds per hour respectively. How many times shall they cross each other before 9.30 a.m. ?
5. The radius of the two circular fields is in the ratio 3: 5 the area of the first field is what percent less than the area of the second?
6. (743.30)2 = ?
7. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
8. Two numbers are in the ratio of 5:7. If 25 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 35:59. Find the numbers?
9. A rectangular field has area equal to 150 sq m and perimeter 50 m. Its length and breadth must be?
10. The average of 35 numbers is 25. If each number is multiplied by 5, find the new average?
11. The marks obtained by Vijay and Amith are in the ratio 4:5 and those obtained by Amith and Abhishek in the ratio of 3:2. The marks obtained by Vijay and Abhishek are in the ratio of?
12. In how many ways can six members be selected from a group of ten members?
13. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
14. LCM of 455, 117, 338 is:
15. A trader marked the price of the T.V. 30% above the cost price of the T.V. and gave the purchaser 10% discount on the marked price, thereby gaining Rs.340. Find the cost price of the T.V?
16. How much interest can a person get on Rs. 8200 at 17.5% p.a. simple interest for a period of two years and six months?
17. A pipe can fill a cistern in 20 minutes whereas the cistern when fill can be emptied by a leak in 28 minutes. When both pipes are opened, find when the cistern will be full?
18. In a bag there are coins of 50 paisa, 25 paisa and one rupee in the proportion 5:6:2. If there are in all Rs.42, the number of 25 paisa coins is?
19. How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132?
20. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years?
21. 50 men can complete a work in 65 days.Five days after started the work, 20 men left the group. In how many days can the remaining work be completed?
22. If a: b = 3:4, b:c = 7:9, c:d = 5:7, find a:d?
23. How much more would Rs.20000 fetch, after two years, if it is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable half yearly than if is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable yearly?
24. A mixture of 150 liters of wine and water contains 20% water. How much more water should be added so that water becomes 25% of the new mixture?
25. The price of an article has been reduced by 25%. In order to restore the original price the new price must be increased by?
26. [(√7 + √5) / ( (√7 - √5)] + [(√7 - √5) / (√7 + √5)] = ?
27. Find the least number which when divide by 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 7 leaves no remainder?
28. If four coins are tossed, the probability of getting two heads and two tails is -.
29. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
30. A reduction of 40% in the price of bananas would enable a man to obtain 64 more for Rs.40, what is reduced price per dozen?
31. If the annual rate of simple interest increases from 10% to 12 1/2 %, a man's yearly income increases by Rs. 1250. His principal in Rs. is?
32. A number consists of two digits. If the digits interchange places and the new number is added to the original number, then the resulting number will be divisible by:
33. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 10 and 15 minutes respectively. A person opens both the pipes together when the cistern should have been was full he finds the waste pipe open. He then closes the waste pipe and in another 4 minutes the cistern was full. In what time can the waste pipe empty the cistern when fill?
34. The sum and the product of the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 20x + 3 = 0 are?
35. Nitin borrowed some money at the rate of 6% p.a. for the first three years, 9% p.a. for the next five years and 13% p.a. for the period beyond eight years. If the total interest paid by him at the end of eleven years is Rs. 8160, how much money did he borrow?
36. Two men Amar and Bhuvan have the ratio of their monthly incomes as 6 : 5. The ratio of their monthly expenditures is 3 : 2. If Bhuvan saves one-fourth of his income, find the ratio of their monthly savings?
37. The volumes of two cones are in the ratio 1 : 10 and the radii of the cones are in the ratio of 1 : 2. What is the length of the wire?
38. (50 - ?/29)% of 4200 = 3√196
39. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
40. An engineering student has to secure 36% marks to pass. He gets 130 marks and fails by 14 marks. The maximum No. of marks obtained by him is?
41. A laborer is engaged for 30 days on the condition that he receives Rs.25 for each day he works and is fined Rs.7.50 for each day is absent. He gets Rs.425 in
all. For how many days was he absent?
42. 22004 - 29303 + 101299 - 59532 = ?
43. The radius of a wheel is 22.4 cm. What is the distance covered by the wheel in making 500 resolutions.
44. If 15% of 30% of 50% of a number is 90, then what is the number?
45. A, B and C completed a piece of work, A worked for 6 days, B for 9 days and C for 4 days. Their daily wages were in the ratio of 3:4:5. Find the daily wages of C, if their total earning was Rs.1480?
46. Two numbers are respectively 20% and 25% more than a third number. The percentage that is first of the second is?
Find the smallest number which when increased by 5, divisible by 6, 9, 15, 20 and 24?
48. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
49. Mahesh marks an article 15% above the cost price of Rs. 540. What must be his discount percentage if he sells it at Rs. 496.80?
50. The C.P of 15 books is equal to the S.P of 18 books. Find his gain% or loss%?