Time Left: 00:50:00
1. By selling 12 pencils for a rupee a man loses 20%. How many for a rupee should he sell in order to gain 20%?
2. Three cubes of metal whose edges are 9, 12 and 15 cm respectively, are melted and one new cube is made. Find the edge of the new cube?
3. What is the difference between the largest and the smallest number written with 7, 7, 0, 7?
4. 7394 - 1236 - 4652 = ?
5. HCF of 3/16, 5/12, 7/8 is:
6. If 34m+1 = 37m-5, solve for m.
7. A sum of money becomes triple itself in 5 years at simple interest. How many
years will it become six times at the same rate?
8. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
9. The difference between a number and its two-fifth is 510. What is 10% of that number?
10. An amount of Rs. 3000 becomes Rs. 3600 in four years at simple interest. If the rate of interest was 1% more, then what was be the total amount?
11. If the sum of one-half of a number exceeds one-third of that number by 7 1/3, the number is:
12. A gets 3 times as much money as B gets, B gets only Rs.25 more then what C gets. The three gets Rs.675 in all. Find the share of B?
13. A man can do a job in 15 days. His father takes 20 days and his son finishes it in 25 days. How long will they take to complete the job if they all work together?
14. The average weight of a group of persons increased from 48 kg to 51 kg, when two persons weighing 78 kg and 93 kg join the group. Find the initial number of members in the group?
15. A person bought an article and sold it at a loss of 10%. If he had bought it for 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost price?
16. What distance will be covered by a bus moving at 72 kmph in 30 seconds?
17. Twelve men can complete a piece of work in 32 days. The same work can be completed by 16 women in 36 days and by 48 boys in 16 days. Find the time taken by one man, one woman and one boy working together to complete the work?
18. Alok ordered 16 chapatis, 5 plates of rice, 7 plates of mixed vegetable and 6 ice-cream cups. The cost of each chapati is Rs.6, that of each plate of rice is Rs.45 and that of mixed vegetable is Rs.70. The amount that Alok paid the cashier was Rs.961. Find the cost of each ice-cream cup?
19. The radius of a cylindrical vessel is 7cm and height is 3cm. Find the whole surface of the cylinder?
20. An article is bought for Rs.600 and sold for Rs.500, find the loss percent?
21. The area of a triangle will be when a = 1m, b = 2m, c = 3m, a, b, c being lengths of respective sides.
22. Ratio of the earnings of A and B is 4:7. If the earnings of A increases by 50% and those of B decreased by 25%, the new ratio of their earnings becomes 8:7. What are A's earnings?
23. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting 2 men and 3 women from the given committee?
24. If the arithmetic mean of seventy five numbers is calculated, it is 35. If each number is increased by 5, then mean of new number is:
25. If y3 = 0.008, y5 = ?
26. Anil spends 40% of his income on rent, 30% of the remaining on medicines and 20% of the remaining on education. If he saves Rs. 840 every month, then find his monthly salary?
27. I. a2 - 2a - 8 = 0, II. b2 = 9 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
28. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in such a way that the number of trees in each row should be the same. If there are 4 rows or 5 rows or 6 rows, then no tree will be left. Find the least number of trees required.
29. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a train is 45 kmph and including stoppages it is 36 kmph. Of how many minutes does the train stop per hour?
30. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
31. Out of 15 consecutive numbers, 2 are chosen at random. The probability that they are both odds or both primes is -.
32. Sum of the digits number is 8 and their product is 12. Find the difference between the digits?
33. Two trains of equal are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. The faster train passes the slower train in 36 sec. The length of each train is?
34. 3 men or 6 women can do a piece of work in 20 days. In how many days will 12 men and 8 women do the same work?
35. The simple form of the ratio 2/3:2/5 is?
36. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 50 and 512.
37. The difference between two integers is 5. Their product is 500. Find the numbers.
38. What will be the least number which when doubled will be exactly divisible by 12, 18, 21 and 30?
39. Anita, Indu and Geeta can do a piece of work in 18 days, 27 days and 36 days respectively. They start working together. After working for 4 days. Anita goes
away and Indu leaves 7 days before the work is finished. Only Geeta remains at work from beginning to end. In how many days was the whole work done?
40. Find the 37.5% of 976 =
41. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
42. The roots of the equation 3x2 - 12x + 10 = 0 are?
43. What is the present worth of Rs. 132 due in 2 years at 5% simple interest per annum?
44. Mudit's age 18 years hence will be thrice his age four years ago. Find Mudit's present age?
45. A wholesale tea dealer 408 kilograms, 468 kilograms and 516 kilograms of three different qualities of tea. He wants it all to be packed into boxes of equal size without mixing. Find the capacity of the largest possible box?
46. A person lent a certain sum of money at 4% per annum at simple interest and in 8
years the interest amounted to Rs.340 less than the sum lent. What was the sum
47. The average weight of 25 persons sitting in a boat had some value. A new person added to them whose weight was 46 kg only. Due to his arrival, the average weight of all the persons decreased by 5 kg. Find the average weight of first 25 persons?
48. 4000 was divided into two parts such a way that when first part was invested at 3%
and the second at 5%, the whole annual interest from both the investments is
Rs.144, how much was put at 3%?
49. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
50. The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is: