Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The probability that a number selected at random from the first 50 natural numbers is a composite number is -.
2. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
3. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
4. 33/4 of 4500 + ? = 118500
5. If one third of 3/4 of a number is 21. Then find the number?
6. Two trains each 250 m in length are running on the same parallel lines in opposite directions with the speed of 80 kmph and 70 kmph respectively. In what time
will they cross each other completely?
7. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
8. A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 min. If it takes 6 sec to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train is?
9. 25 * 25 / 25 + 15 * 40 = ?
10. The spherical ball of lead 3 cm in diameter is melted and recast into 3 spherical balls. The diameters of two of these are 1 ½ cm and 2 cm respectively. The
diameter of third ball is?
11. Find the lowest common multiple of 24, 36 and 40.
12. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?
13. A sum of money triples itself in twelve years at simple interest. Find the rate of interest?
14. A certain number successively divided by 2, 5 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively. When the same number is divided by 70, what is the remainder?
15. Four bells begin to toll together respectively at the intervals of 8, 10, 12 and 16 seconds. After how many seconds will they toll together again?
16. A, B, C enter into a partnership investing Rs. 35,000, Rs. 45,000 and Rs. 55,000 respectively. The respective shares of A, B, C in annual profit of Rs. 40,500 are:
17. A man rows his boat 85 km downstream and 45 km upstream, taking 2 1/2 hours each time. Find the speed of the stream?
18. Avinash is twice as fast as Bharat, and Bharat is one-third as fast as Chandra. If together they can complete a piece of work in 30 days, in how many days can Avinash, Bharat and Chandra do the work respectively?
19. The greatest ratio out of 2:3, 5:4, 3:2 and 4:5 is?
20. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
21. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
22. A person can swim in still water at 4 km/h. If the speed of water 2 km/h, how
many hours will the man take to swim back against the current for 6km?
23. A car started running at a speed of 30 km/hr and the speed of the car was increased by 2 km/hr at the end of every hour. Find the total distance covered by the car in the first 10 hours of the journey.
24. Find the value of a/b + b/a, if a and b are the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 8x + 4 = 0?
25. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 200 meters or 25 seconds. Find the speed of B?
26. Simple interest on a sum at 4% per annum for 2 years is Rs.80. The C.I. on the same sum for the same period is?
27. Sam purchased 20 dozens of toys at the rate of Rs. 375 per dozen. He sold each one of them at the rate of Rs. 33. What was his percentage profit?
28. At what rate percent on simple interest will Rs.750 amount to Rs.900 in 5 years?
29. 45 men working 8 hours per day dig 30 m deep. How many extra men should be put to dig to a depth of 50 m working 6 hours per day?
30. The volume of a cube is 1728 cc. Find its surface.
31. The principal that amounts to Rs. 4913 in 3 years at 6 1/4 % per annum C.I. compounded annually, is?
32. A mixture of 70 liters of wine and water contains 10% water. How much water must be added to make water 12 ½% of the total mixture?
33. The cross-section of a cannel is a trapezium in shape. If the cannel is 10 m wide at the top and 6 m wide at the bottom and the area of cross-section is 640 sq m, the depth of cannel is?
34. The average of 13 numbers is 60. Average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
35. A and B can do a work in 4 hours and 12 hours respectively. A starts the work at 6AM and they work alternately for one hour each. When will the work be completed?
36. (1714 * 1716) / 17-8 = ?
37. Rs.525 among A, B and C such that B may get 2/3 of A and C together get. Find the share of C?
38. Two tests had the same maximum mark. The pass percentages in the first and the second test were 40% and 45% respectively. A candidate scored 216 marks in the second test and failed by 36 marks in that test. Find the pass mark in the first test?
39. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
40. The total marks obtained by a student in Mathematics and Physics is 60 and his score in Chemistry is 20 marks more than that in Physics. Find the average marks scored in Mathamatics and Chemistry together.
41. The sum of the present ages of two persons A and B is 60. If the age of A is twice that of B, find the sum of their ages 5 years hence?
42. The average of first 10 prime numbers is?
43. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
44. At an examination in which full marks were 500. A got 10% less than B, B got 25% more than C and C got 20% less than D. If A got 360marks, what percentage of full marks was obtained by D?
45. The volumes of two cones are in the ratio 1 : 10 and the radii of the cones are in the ratio of 1 : 2. What is the length of the wire?
46. The least square number which divides 8, 12 and 18 is?
47. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
48. The sum of five consecutive even numbers of set x is 440. Find the sum of a different set of five consecutive integers whose second least number is 121 less than double the least number of set x?
49. Sam invested Rs. 15000 @ 10% per annum for one year. If the interest is compounded half-yearly, then the amount received by Sam at the end of the year will be?
50. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?