Time Left: 00:50:00
1. 45% of 750 - 25% of 480 = ?
2. [(62.25/2.5) + (12.5/0.5)] / [(0.75 * 9) + (3.5 * 3.5)] = ?
3. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2 : 3, then find the number of pens that D gets ?
4. A father said to his son, "I was as old as you are at present at the time of your birth." If the father's age is 38 years now, the son's age five years back was:
5. A 600 meter long train crosses a signal post in 40 seconds. How long will it take to cross a 3 kilometer long bridge, at the same speed?
6. A cylinder and a cone have a same height and same radius of the base. The ratio between the volumes of the cylinder and cone is?
7. If a man walks to his office at ¾ of his usual rate, he reaches office 1/3 of an hour late than usual. What is his usual time to reach office?
8. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. S.I. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was?
9. A, B and C started a business with capitals of Rs. 8000, Rs. 10000 and Rs. 12000 respectively. At the end of the year, the profit share of B is Rs. 1500. The difference between the profit shares of A and C is?
10. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
11. A cricketer has a certain average for 10 innings. In the eleventh inning, he scored 108 runs, there by increasing his average by 6 runs. His new average is:
12. The ratio of the two natural numbers is 5 : 6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
13. A, B and C invests Rs.2000, Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 in a business. After one year A removed his money; B and C continued the business for one more year. If the net
profit after 2 years be Rs.3200, then A's share in the profit is?
14. The average of first ten prime numbers which are odd is?
15. A man gets a simple interest of Rs.500 on a certain principal at the rate of 5% p.a in two years. Find the compound interest the man will get on twice the principal in two years at the same rate.
16. The cost price of 13 articles is equal to the selling price of 11 articles. Find the profit percent?
17. A train 240 m in length crosses a telegraph post in 16 seconds. The speed of the train is?
18. David invested certain amount in three different schemes. A, B and C with the rate of interest 10% p.a., 12% p.a. and 15% p.a. respectively. If the total interest accrued in one year was Rs. 3200 and the amount invested in scheme C was 150% of the amount invested in scheme A and 240% of the amount invested in scheme B, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
19. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
20. The inverse ratio of 3: 2: 1 is?
21. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
22. In a series of six consecutive even numbers, the sum of the second and sixth numbers is 24. What is the fourth number?
23. Manoj borrowed Rs.3450 from Anwar at 6% p.a. simple interest for three years. He then added some more money to the borrowed sum and lent it to Ramu for the same time at 9% p.a. simple interest. If Manoj gains Rs.824.85 by way of interest on the borrowed sum as well as his own amount from the whole transaction, then what is the sum lent by him to Ramu?
24. A train 280 m long, running with a speed of 63 km/hr will pass a tree in?
25. A room is 15m long, 4m broad and 3m height. Find the cost of white washing its four walls at 50p per m2 ?
26. A man gains 20% by selling an article for a certain price. If the sells it at double the price, the percentage of profit will be:
27. The smallest number which when divided by 20, 25, 35 and 40 leaves a remainder of 14, 19, 29 and 34 respectively is?
28. A, B and C start at the same time in the same direction to run around a circular stadium. A completes a round in 252 seconds, B in 308 seconds and C in 198 seconds, all starting at the same point. After what time will they meet again at the starting point?
29. 3 men or 6 women can do a piece of work in 20 days. In how many days will 12 men and 8 women do the same work?
30. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
31. The probability of a lottery ticket being a prized ticket is 0.2. When 4 tickets are purchased, the probability of winning a prize on atleast one ticket is -.
32. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3:4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5:7. If each of them saves Rs.200, find the incomes of both?
33. After decreasing 24% in the price of an article costs Rs.912. Find the actual cost of an article?
34. I. x2 + 9x + 20 = 0, II. y2 + 5y + 6 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
35. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
36. The average monthly salary of 20 employees in an organisation is Rs. 1500. If the manager's salary is added, then the average salary increases by Rs. 100. What is the manager's monthly salary?
37. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24 days, 30 days and 40 days respectively. They began the work together but C left 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days was the work completed?
38. The average of five consecutive odd numbers is 61. What is the difference between the highest and lowest numbers?
39. A dishonest dealer professes to sell goods at the cost price but uses a weight of 800 grams per kg, what is his percent?
40. A number consists of two digits. If 3/5 of 1/5 of the number is 9. Find the sum of its two digits?
41. I. a2 + 11a + 30 = 0, II. b2 + 6b + 5 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
42. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
43. A, B and C have Rs.500 between them, A and C together have Rs.200 and B and C Rs.350. How much does C have?
44. A and B invests Rs.10000 each, A investing for 8 months and B investing for all the 12 months in the year. If the total profit at the end of the year is Rs.25000, find their shares?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. Surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4 what is the ratio of their volumes?
47. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case.
48. A train 800 m long is running at a speed of 78 km/hr. If it crosses a tunnel in 1 min, then the length of the tunnel is?
49. Sreedhar and Sravan together can do a work in 25 days. With the help of Pavan, they completed the work in 8 days and earned Rs. 225. What is the share of Sravan, if Sreedhar alone can do the work in 75 days?
50. A person's present age is two-fifth of the age of his mother. After 8 years, he will be one-half of the age of his mother. How old id the mother at present?