Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that exactly two dice show the same number on them is -.
2. The cost of 10 kg of apples is equal to the cost of 24 kg of rice. The cost of 6 kg of flour equals the cost of 2 kg of rice. The cost of each kg of flour is Rs.20.50. Find the total cost of 4 kg of apples, 3 kg of rice and 5 kg of flour?
3. A 1200 m long train crosses a tree in 120 sec, how much time will I take to pass a platform 700 m long?
4. A tap can fill a tank in 6 hours. After half the tank is filled three more similar taps are opened. What is the total time taken to fill the tank completely?
5. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected if it should have at least one senior?
6. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that no two dice show the same number on them is -.
7. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
8. If a and b are the roots of the equation x2 - 9x + 20 = 0, find the value of a2 + b2 + ab?
9. pipes P and Q would fill a cistern 18 and 24 minutes respectively. Both pipes being opened, find when the first pipe must be turned off so that the cistern may be just filled in 12 minutes?
10. The edges of three iron cubes are 6cm; 8cm; 10cm respectively. A new cube was made by melting them. Find the edge of the new cube?
11. A can do half the work in one day where as B can do it full. B can also do half the work of C in one day. Ratio in their efficiency will be?
12. On the independence day, bananas were be equally distributed among the children in a school so that each child would get two bananas. On the particular day 360 children were absent and as a result each child got two extra bananas. Find the actual number of children in the school?
13. A cistern is normally filled in 8 hours but takes two hours longer to fill because of a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full, the leak will empty it in?
14. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
15. the present average age of a couple and their daughter is 35 years. Fifteen years from now, the age of the mother will be equal to the sum of present ages of the father and the daughter. Find the present age of mother?
16. I. x2 + 5x + 6 = 0, II. y2 + 9y +14 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
17. An article was sold after a discount of 20% and there was a gain of 20%. If the profit made on it was Rs. 6 less than the discount offered on it, find its selling price?
18. What is the sum of all the prime numbers from 20 to 40?
19. If a : b = 4 : 1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b).
20. If 15% of 30% of 50% of a number is 90, then what is the number?
21. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
22. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 60 min and 75 min respectively. There is a third pipe in the bottom of the cistern to empty it. If all the three pipes are simultaneously opened, then the cistern is full in 50 min. In how much time, the third pipe alone can empty the cistern?
23. Compound interest earned on a sum for the second and the third years are Rs.1200 and Rs.1440 respectively. Find the rate of interest?
24. Albert invested Rs. 8000 in a scheme for 2 years at compound interest rate 5% p.a. How much amount will Albert get on maturity of the fixed deposit?
25. Sreenivas sells a table to Shiva at 10% profit and Shiva sells it to Mahesh at 10% loss. At what price did Sreenivas purchase the table if Mahesh paid Rs. 2178?
26. A man can row upstream at 25 kmph and downstream at 35 kmph, and then find the
speed of the man in still water?
27. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
28. A part of certain sum of money is invested at 9% per annum and the rest at 12% per annum, if the interest earned in each case for the same period is equal, then ratio of the sums invested is?
29. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
30. If 12 men can reap 120 acres of land in 36 days, how many acres of land can 54 men reap in 54 days?
31. 50 men can complete a work in 65 days.Five days after started the work, 20 men left the group. In how many days can the remaining work be completed?
32. A person got Rs.48 more when he invested a certain sum at compound interest instead of simple interest for two years at 8% p.a. Find the sum?
33. 1095/1168 when expressed in simplest form is:
34. What will be the compound interest on a sum of Rs. 25,000 after 3 years at the rate of 12% p.a.?
35. Find the least multiple of 13 which when divided by 6, 8 and 12 leaves 5, 7 and 11 as remainders respectively?
36. In a group of 80 children and 10 youngsters, each child got sweets that are 15% of the total number of children and each youngster got sweets that are 25% of the total number of children. How many sweets were there?
37. 33/4 of 4500 + ? = 118500
38. [(3.572)3 + (2.428)3] / [(3.572)2 - (3.572) * (2.428) + (2.428)2] is equal to -.
39. A man rows his boat 85 km downstream and 45 km upstream, taking 2 1/2 hours each time. Find the speed of the stream?
40. A reduction of 20% in the price of salt enables a lady to obtain 10kgs more for Rs.100, find the original price per kg?
41. The average of five consecutive odd numbers is 61. What is the difference between the highest and lowest numbers?
42. Two third of three- fifth of one fourth of a number is 24, what is 30% of that number?
43. By selling a house for Rs.45000, it was found that 1/8 of the outlay was gained, what ought the selling to price to have been in order to have lost 5 p.c?
44. A certain number successively divided by 2, 5 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively. When the same number is divided by 70, what is the remainder?
45. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs.4 less than half of the total amount. B's share is Rs.8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the which is Rs.14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
46. The dimensions of an open box are 52, 40 and 29 cms. Its thickness is 2 cms. If 1 cm3 of metal used in the box weighs 0.5 gms, the weight of the box
47. How many three letter words are formed using the letters of the word TIME?
48. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
49. The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runs must he make in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 4?
50. x varies inversely as square of y. Given that y = 2 for x = 1. The value of x for y = 6 will be equal to: