Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Vijay lent out an amount Rs. 10000 into two parts, one at 8% p.a. and the remaining at 10% p.a. both on simple interest. At the end of the year he received Rs. 890 as total interest. What was the amount he lent out at 8% pa.a?
2. Ratio of the earnings of A and B is 4:7. If the earnings of A increases by 50% and those of B decreased by 25%, the new ratio of their earnings becomes 8:7. What are A's earnings?
3. Siddharth wants to borrow Rs.6000 at rate of interest 6% p.a. at S.I and lend the same amount at C.I at same rate of interest for two years. What would be his income in the above transaction?
4. How many cubes of edge 2 dm can be cut out of a meter cube?
5. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
6. Find the compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.14,800 at 13.5% p.a at the end of two years. (Round off your answer to nearest integer)
7. The greatest number of four digits that have 144 for their HCF is?
8. Dacid obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out of 100) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. What are his average marks?
9. Four bells begin to toll together respectively at the intervals of 8, 10, 12 and 16 seconds. After how many seconds will they toll together again?
10. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 sec. What is the length of the train?
11. Three numbers are in the ratio 3:4:5 and their L.C.M is 2400. Their H.C.F is:
12. A man can do a job in 15 days. His father takes 20 days and his son finishes it in 25 days. How long will they take to complete the job if they all work together?
13. There are some rabbits and peacocks in a zoo. The total number of their heads is 60 and total number of their legs is 192. Find the number of total rabbits?
14. 58978 / 363.94 * 11.02 = ?
15. The least number of four digits which is divisible by 4, 6, 8 and 10 is?
16. (242 + 144 / 3) / 36 = ?
17. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
18. The cost of 2 chairs and 3 tables is Rs.1300. The cost of 3 chairs and 2 tables is Rs.1200. The cost of each table is more than that of each chair by?
19. Avinash is twice as fast as Bharat, and Bharat is one-third as fast as Chandra. If together they can complete a piece of work in 30 days, in how many days can Avinash, Bharat and Chandra do the work respectively?
20. On dividing 2272 as well as 875 by 3-digit number N, we get the same remainder. The sum of the digits of N is:
21. The H.C.F of two numbers is 23 and the other two factors of their L.C.M are 13 and 14. The larger of the two numbers is:
22. Rs.525 among A, B and C such that B may get 2/3 of A and C together get. Find the share of C?
23. Solve for m if 36 (6m) = (216)3m+4
24. A person purchases 90 clocks and sells 40 clocks at a gain of 10% and 50 clocks at a gain of 20%. If he sold all of them at a uniform profit of 15%, then he would have got Rs. 40 less. The cost price of each clock is:
25. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
26. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the digit is 36. What is the difference between the sum and the difference of the digits of the number if the ratio between the digits of the number is 1:2?
27. The side of a square is increased by 25% then how much % does its area increases?
28. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case?
29. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% but its consumption is increased by 10%. Find the decrease percent in the revenue derived from it?
30. What is the present worth of Rs. 132 due in 2 years at 5% simple interest per annum?
31. If Re.1 amounts to Rs.9 over a period of 20 years. What is the rate of simple interest?
32. 60 + 5 * 12 / (180/3) = ?
33. A sum of money is borrowed and paid back in two annual installments of Rs. 882 each allowing 5% C.I. The sum borrowed was?
34. A man gets a simple interest of Rs.500 on a certain principal at the rate of 5% p.a in two years. Find the compound interest the man will get on twice the principal in two years at the same rate.
35. The radius of a cylinder is 2 r units and height is 3 r units. Find the curved surface?
36. 96 is divided into two parts in such a way that seventh part of first and ninth part of second are equal. Find the smallest part?
37. A cistern which could be filled in 9 hours takes one hour more to be filled owing to a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full in what time will the leak empty it?
38. The average of first 10 odd numbers is?
39. Find the C.I. on Rs. 15,625 for 9 months at 16% per annum compounded quarterly?
40. x varies inversely as square of y. Given that y = 2 for x = 1. The value of x for y = 6 will be equal to:
Least perfect square number, exactly divisible by 21, 36 and 56 is?
42. HCF of 3/16, 5/12, 7/8 is:
43. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 15 days, C and A in 20 days. If A, B and C work together, they will complete the work in?
44. The ratio of the present ages of Giri and Hari is 5 : 8. 12 years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11 : 14. Find the difference in their present ages?
45. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. He worked for 15 days and then B completed the remaining work in 10 days. Both of them together will finish it in.
46. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank from empty to full in 30 minutes, 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. When the tank is empty, all the three pipes are opened. A, B and C discharge chemical solutions P, Q and R respectively. What is the proportion of solution R in the liquid in the tank after 3 minutes?
47. Rajan borrowed Rs.4000 at 5% p.a compound interest. After 2
years, he repaid Rs.2210 and after 2 more year, the balance with interest. What
was the total amount that he paid as interest?
48. What is the difference between the C.I. on Rs. 5000 for 1 1/2 years at 4% per annum compounded yearly and half-yearly?
49. If the simple interest on a sum of money for 2 years at 5% per annum is Rs. 50, what is the compound interest on the same sum at the rate and for the same time?
50. Ten percent of Ram's monthly salary is equal to eight percent of Shyam's monthly salary. Shyam's monthly salary is twice Abhinav's monthly salary. If Abhinav's annual salary is Rs. 1.92 lakhs, find Ram's monthly salary?