Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A is two years older than B who is twice as old as C. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, then how old is B?
2. A river 2m deep and 45 m wide is flowing at the rate of 3 kmph the amount of water that runs into the sea per minute is?
3. The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runs must he make in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 4?
4. A part of certain sum of money is invested at 9% per annum and the rest at 12% per annum, if the interest earned in each case for the same period is equal, then ratio of the sums invested is?
5. One train is traveling 45 kmph and other is at 10 meters a second. Ratio of the speed of the two trains is?
6. The average age of 15 students of a class is 15 years. Out of these, the average age of 5 students is 14 years and that of the other 9 students is 16 years. Tee age of the 15th student is:
7. Divide Rs. 2379 into 3 parts so that their amounts after 2, 3 and 4 years respectively may be equal, the rate of interest being 5% per annum at simple interest. The first part is?
8. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
9. A gets 3 times as much money as B gets, B gets only Rs.25 more then what C gets. The three gets Rs.675 in all. Find the share of B?
10. A certain sum of money is invested for one year at a certain rate of simple interest. If the rate of interest is 3% higher, then the invest earned will be 25% more than the interest earned earlier. What is the earlier rate of interest?
11. An amount of Rs. 100000 is invested in two types of shares. The first yields an interest of 9% p.a and the second, 11% p.a. If the total interest at the end of one year is 9 3/4 %, then the amount invested in each share was?
12. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
13. 3/20 is what percent of 12/25?
14. The difference between a positive proper fraction and its reciprocal is 9/20. The fraction is:
15. Three numbers are in the ratio 3:4:5 and their L.C.M is 2400. Their H.C.F is:
16. In a division sum, the quotient is 120, the divisor 456 and the remainder 333, find the dividend?
17. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days; 13 men and 24 boys can do it in 4 days, then the ratio of the daily work done by a man to that of a boy is?
18. Two men A and B start from place X walking at 4 ½ kmph and 5 ¾ kmph respectively. How many km apart they are at the end of 3 ½ hours if they are walking in the
19. A garrison of 2000 men has provisions for 54 days. At the end of 15 days, a reinforcement arrives, and it is now found that the provisions will last only for 20 days more. What is the reinforcement?
20. Mohan's salary was first increased by 20% and then decreased by 20%. If his present salary is Rs. 7200, then what was his original salary?
21. There is a 30% increase in the price of an article in the first year, a 20% decrease in the second year and a 10% increase in the next year. If the final price of the article is Rs. 2288, then what was the price of the article initially?
22. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
23. Solve for m if 36 (6m) = (216)3m+4
24. Two-fifth of one-third of three-seventh of a number is 15. What is 40% of that number?
25. The area of a base of a cone is 30 cm2. If the height of the cone is 6cm, find its volume?
26. 20% of 40 + ? % of 80 = 120
27. Manoj borrowed Rs.3450 from Anwar at 6% p.a. simple interest for three years. He then added some more money to the borrowed sum and lent it to Ramu for the same time at 9% p.a. simple interest. If Manoj gains Rs.824.85 by way of interest on the borrowed sum as well as his own amount from the whole transaction, then what is the sum lent by him to Ramu?
28. When 5% is lost in grinding wheat, a country has to import 20 million bags; but when only 2% is lost, it has to import only 15 million bags. Find the quantity of wheat, which grows in the country?
29. The least number of four digits which is divisible by 15, 25, 40 and 75 is:
30. 2/3 * 5 1/2 * 2 * 7 5/6 * 9/11 = ?
31. A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone in 8 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs. 3200. With the help of C, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to C?
32. If x % of 80 = 20% of y, then x = ? and y = ?
33. Find the greatest number that, while dividing 47, 215 and 365, gives the same remainder in each case?
34. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
35. If 3 workers collect 48 kg of cotton in 4 days, how many kg of cotton will 9 workers collect in 2 days?
36. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs.4 less than half of the total amount. B's share is Rs.8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the which is Rs.14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
37. The average of the marks of 12 students in a class is 36. If the marks of each student are doubled, find the new average?
38. In what ratio should two varieties of sugar of Rs.18 per kg and Rs.24 kg be mixed together to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.20 per kg?
39. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?
40. At what rate percent on simple interest will Rs.750 amount to Rs.900 in 5 years?
41. 666 / 6 / 3 = ?
42. If Rs. 782 be divided into three parts, proportional to 1/2:2/3:3/4, then the first part is:
43. (815 / ?) / 100 * 28 * 3 - (815 * 14 * 6)/100 = 1680
44. The average age of husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. The least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 20% C.I. will be more than doubled is?
47. The jogging track in a sports complex is 726 m in circumference. Deepak and his wife start from the same point and walk in opposite directions at 4.5 km/hr and 3.75 km/hr respectively. They will meet for the first time in?
48. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. He worked for 15 days and then B completed the remaining work in 10 days. Both of them together will finish it in.
49. The marks obtained by Vijay and Amith are in the ratio 4:5 and those obtained by Amith and Abhishek in the ratio of 3:2. The marks obtained by Vijay and Abhishek are in the ratio of?
50. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?