Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A man can row a boat at 20 kmph in still water. If the speed of the stream is 6 kmph, what is the time taken to row a distance of 60 km downstream?
2. Which of the following is the greatest?
3. What sum of money put at C.I amounts in 2 years to Rs.8820 and in 3 years to Rs.9261?
4. How many cubes of edge 2 dm can be cut out of a meter cube?
5. 666 / 6 / 3 = ?
6. Two trains of equal are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. The faster train passes the slower train in 36 sec. The length of each train is?
7. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
8. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank in 6 hours. After working at it together for 2 hours. C is closed A and B can fill the remaining par in 7 hours. The number of hours taken by C alone to fill the tank is?
10. When 2 is added to half of one-third of one-fifth of a number, the result is one-fifteenth of the number. Find the number?
11. If x % of 80 = 20% of y, then x = ? and y = ?
12. 58978 / 363.94 * 11.02 = ?
13. The list price of an article is Rs.65. A customer pays Rs.56.16 for it. He was given two successive discounts, one of them being 10%. The other discount is?
14. If a solid sphere of radius 10 cms is moulded into 8 spherical solid balls of equal radius, then surface area of each ball (in cm2) is?
15. The area of a square is 4096 sq cm. Find the ratio of the breadth and the length of a rectangle whose length is twice the side of the square and breadth is 24 cm less than the side of the square.
16. The sum of three consecutive integers is 102. Find the lowest of the three?
17. In an election between two candidates A and B, the number of valid votes received by A exceeds those received by B by 15% of the total number of votes polled. If 20% of the votes polled were invalid and a total of 8720 votes were polled, then how many valid votes did B get?
18. The dimensions of an open box are 52, 40 and 29 cms. Its thickness is 2 cms. If 1 cm3 of metal used in the box weighs 0.5 gms, the weight of the box
19. 7 2/5 of 110 / ? = 844
20. Three numbers are in the ratio 5 : 6 : 7. The sum of its longest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
21. There is food for 760 men for 22 days. How many more men should join after two days so that the same food may last for 19 days more?
22. One side of a rectangular field is 4 m and its length along diagonal is 5 m. What is the area of the field?
23. 2003 * 2004 - 2001 * 2002 = ?
24. A and B can do a work in 12 days and 36 days respectively. If they work on alternate days beginning with B, in how many days will the work be completed?
25. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?
26. The volumes of two cones are in the ratio 1 : 10 and the radii of the cones are in the ratio of 1 : 2. What is the length of the wire?
27. 1600 men have provisions for 28 days in the temple. If after 4 days, 400 men leave the temple, how long will the food last now?
28. Which of the following has most number of divisors?
29. A reduction of 25% in the price of oil enables a house wife to obtain 5kgs more for Rs.800, what is the reduced price for kg?
30. A question paper consists of five problems, each problem having three internal choices. In how many ways can a candidate attempt one or more problems?
31. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
32. 85% of a number is added to 24, the result is the same number. Find the number?
33. Raman mixed 24 kg of butter at Rs. 150 per kg with 36 kg butter at the rate of Rs. 125 per kg. At what price per kg should he sell the mixture to make a profit of 40% in the transaction?
34. Find the compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.14,800 at 13.5% p.a at the end of two years. (Round off your answer to nearest integer)
35. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
36. The ratio of the number of ladies to gents at a party was 1:2 but when 2 ladies and 2 gents left, the ratio became 1:3. How many people were at the party originally?
37. A heap of stones can be made up into groups of 21. When made up into groups of 16, 20, 25 and 45 there are 3 stones left in each case. How many stones at least can there be in the heap?
38. Ram sold two bicycles, each for Rs.990. If he made 10% profit on the first and 10% loss on the second, what is the total cost of both bicycles?
39. (0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 + 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8) / (1.6 * 1.6 * 1.6 + 1.8 * 1.8 * 1.8) = ?
40. 6 of 5/8 / 5/8 - 1/8 = ?
41. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
42. A man whose speed is 4.5 kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and
back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 kmph, find his average
speed for the total journey?
43. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q - r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
44. If A lends Rs.3500 to B at 10% per annum and B lends the same sum to C at 11.5% per annum then the gain of B in a period of 3 years is?
45. A and B can do a piece of work in 8 days. B and C can do it in 12 days and A and C in 16 days. Working together they will complete the work in how many days?
46. √3584 * 52.034 = ?
47. A can finish a piece of work in 5 days. B can do it in 10 days. They work together for two days and then A goes away. In how many days will B finish the
48. Ramesh can finish a work in 20 days and Sushil in 25 days. They both work together for 5 days and then Sushil goes away. In how many days will Ramesh complete the remaining work?
49. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
50. Find the expenditure on digging a well 14m deep and of 3m diameter at Rs.15 per cubic meter?