Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The area of a base of a cone is 30 cm2. If the height of the cone is 6cm, find its volume?
2. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
3. A can give B 100 meters start and C 200 meters start in a kilometer race. How much start can B give C in a kilometer race?
4. (64 + 9 + 9) / (2 * 20 + 1) = ?
5. A library has an average of 510 visitors on Sunday and 240 on other days. The average number of visitors per day in a month of 30 days beginning with a Sunday is:
6. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 km/hr and including stoppages, it is 45 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
7. The roots of the equation 3x2 - 12x + 10 = 0 are?
8. 25 2/5 + 8 4/5 + 4/5 = ?
9. What will be the difference between simple and compound interest at 10% per annum on a sum of Rs. 1000 after 4 years?
10. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
11. Out of first 20 natural numbers, one number is selected at random. The probability that it is either an even number or a prime number is -.
12. Anita, Indu and Geeta can do a piece of work in 18 days, 27 days and 36 days respectively. They start working together. After working for 4 days. Anita goes
away and Indu leaves 7 days before the work is finished. Only Geeta remains at work from beginning to end. In how many days was the whole work done?
13. The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F is 13. The number of such pairs is:
14. 33/4 of 4500 + ? = 118500
15. The cost price of an article is 64% of the marked price. Calculate the gain percent after allowing a discount of 12%?
16. A contractor undertakes to complete the construction of a tunnel 720 meters long in 240 days and employs 60 men for the purpose. After 120 days, he finds that only 240 meters of the tunnel is complete. How many more men should be employ in order to complete the work in time?
17. A man saves Rs. 200 at the end of each year and lends the money at 5% compound interest. How much will it become at the end of 3 years?
18. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
19. 108 * 107 * 96 = ? (to the nearest hundred)
20. Find the area of a rhombus whose side is 25 cm and one of the diagonals is 30 cm?
21. The sum of three consecutive integers is 102. Find the lowest of the three?
22. I. x2 - x - 42 = 0, II. y2 - 17y + 72 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
23. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs.4 less than half of the total amount. B's share is Rs.8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the which is Rs.14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
24. Train P crosses a pole in 30 seconds and train Q crosses the same pole in one minute and 15 seconds. The length of train P is three-fourths the length of train Q. What is the ratio of the speed of train P to that of train Q?
25. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 5:7 respectively. If the difference between Q's present age and P's age after 6 years is 2. What is the total of P's and Q's present ages?
26. A is twice as fast as B. If B alone can do a piece of work in 30 days, in what time can A and B together complete the work?
27. 2 1/3 + 4 1/6 - 2 2/3 - 1 1/2 = 2 ?/3
28. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. S.I. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was?
29. Out of 10 persons working on a project, 4 are graduates. If 3 are selected, what is the probability that there is at least one graduate among them?
30. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
31. Rs.8000 become Rs.9261 in a certain interval of time at the rate of 5% per annum of C.I. Find the time?
32. How many minimum number's of whole square slabs are required for paving the floor 12.96 meters long and 3.84 meters side?
33. Three number are in the ratio 5:6:7. The sum of its largest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
34. A bag contains a total of 93 coins in the form of one rupee and 50 paise coins. If the total value of coins in the bag is Rs.56, find the number of 50 paise coins in the bag?
35. The incomes of two persons A and B are in the ratio 3:4. If each saves Rs.100 per month, the ratio of their expenditures is 1:2 . Find their incomes?
36. The least number which when add 3 to it, completely divided 8, 12 and 18 is?
37. Two numbers are 30% and 37% are less than a third number .How much percent is the second number less than the first?
38. 125 liters of a mixture of milk and water contains in the ratio 3:2. How much water should now be added so that the ratio of milk and water becomes 3:4?
39. What are the number of ways to select 3 men and 2 women such that one man and one woman are always selected?
40. The marks obtained by Vijay and Amith are in the ratio 4:5 and those obtained by Amith and Abhishek in the ratio of 3:2. The marks obtained by Vijay and Abhishek are in the ratio of?
41. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
42. A fruit vendor purchased 20 dozens of bananas at Rs. 15 per dozen. But one-fourth of the bananas were rotten and had to be thrown away. He sold two-third of the remaining bananas at Rs. 22.50 per dozen. At what price per dozen should he sell the remaining bananas to make neither a profit nor a loss?
43. The surface of a cube is 24sq cm. Find its volume?
44. 5358 * 51 = ?
45. How many figures are required for numbering the pages of a book containing 1000 pages?
46. In a class of 140 students, 60% of them passed. By what percent is the number of students who passed more than the number of failed students?
47. (0.9 * 0.9 - 0.8 * 0.8)/1.7 = ?
48. The sum of the two digits of a number is 10. If the number is subtracted from the number obtained by reversing its digits, the result is 54. Find the number?
49. If the annual rate of simple interest increases from 10% to 12 1/2 %, a man's yearly income increases by Rs. 1250. His principal in Rs. is?
50. A is thrice as efficient as B and is, therefore, able to finish a piece of work 10 days earlier than B. In how many days A and B will finish it together?