Time Left: 00:50:00
1. After working for 6 days, Ashok finds that only 1/3 rd of the work has been done. He employs Ravi who is 60% as efficient as Ashok. How many days more would Ravi take to complete the work?
2. 16 men can complete a piece of work in 25 days. In how many days can 20 men complete that piece of work?
3. The L.C.M of two numbers is 48. The numbers are in the ratio 2:3. The sum of numbers is:
4. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
5. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
6. The average age of students of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years and that of the girls is 15.4 years. The ration of the number of boys to the number of girls in the class is:
7. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
8. Divide Rs. 1500 among A, B and C so that A receives 1/3 as much as B and C together and B receives 2/3 as A and C together. A's share is?
9. 5 men and 12 boys finish a piece of work in 4 days, 7 men and 6 boys do it in 5 days. The ratio between the efficiencies of a man and boy is?
10. A pipe can fill a cistern in 20 minutes whereas the cistern when fill can be emptied by a leak in 28 minutes. When both pipes are opened, find when the cistern will be full?
11. If 25% of x is 15 less than 15% of 1500, then x is?
12. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
13. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the figures 3, 4, 7, 0, 3?
14. A sum of Rs. 125000 amounts to Rs. 15500 in 4 years at the rate of simple interest. What is the rate of interest?
15. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 9:17. The first number is:
16. The length of a train and that of a platform are equal. If with a speed of 90 k/hr, the train crosses the platform in one minute, then the length of the train (in meters) is:
17. (12)3 * 64 / 432 = ?
18. In a group of 80 children and 10 youngsters, each child got sweets that are 15% of the total number of children and each youngster got sweets that are 25% of the total number of children. How many sweets were there?
19. A sum of money becomes double itself in 8 years at simple interest. How many
times will it become 10 years at the same rate?
20. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years?
21. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
22. (3-3 * 95/2) / (272/3 * 3-4) = ?
23. A certain sum of money is divided among A, B and C so that for each Rs. A has, B has 65 paisa and C 40 paisa. If C's share is Rs.40, find the sum of money?
24. A train passes a man standing on the platform. If the train is 170 meters long and its speed is 72 kmph, how much time it took in doing so?
25. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
26. The average of first five multiples of 3 is:
27. 252 can be expressed as a product of primes as:
28. The radius of a semi circle is 6.3 cm then its perimeter is?
29. Two trains of length 100 m and 200 m are 100 m apart. They start moving towards each other on parallel tracks, at speeds 54 kmph and 72 kmph. In how much time will the trains cross each other?
30. At present, the ratio between the ages of Arun and Deepak is 4:3. After 6 years, Arun's age will be 26 years. What is the age of Deepak at present?
31. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 60 min and 75 min respectively. There is a third pipe in the bottom of the cistern to empty it. If all the three pipes are simultaneously opened, then the cistern is full in 50 min. In how much time, the third pipe alone can empty the cistern?
32. Find the least square number which is divisible by 10, 12, 15 and 18?
33. The speed of a boat in still water is 60kmph and the speed of the current is 20kmph. Find the speed downstream and upstream?
34. If an article is sold at 19% profit instead of 12% profit, then the profit would be Rs. 105 more. What is the cost price?
35. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
36. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
37. In an examination 40% failed in Hindi, 45% failed in English. If 25% students failed in both the subjects. Then the percentage of failed students is?
38. A cricketer whose bowling average is 12.4 runs per wicket takes 5 wickets for 26 runs and there by decreases his average by 0.4. The number age of the family now is:
39. Solve the equation for x : 6x - 27 + 3x = 4 + 9 - x
40. In how many ways can three consonants and two vowels be selected from the letters of the word "TRIANGLE"?
41. The edge of three cubes of metal is 3 dm, 4 dm and 5 dm. They are melted and formed into a single cube. Find the edge of the new cube?
42. The average of first 10 prime numbers is?
43. If A lends Rs.3500 to B at 10% per annum and B lends the same sum to C at 11.5% per annum then the gain of B in a period of 3 years is?
44. How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132?
45. A certain sum is invested at simple interest at 18% p.a. for two years instead of investing at 12% p.a. for the same time period. Therefore the interest received is more by Rs. 840. Find the sum?
46. Three persons invested Rs.9000 in a joint business. The second person invested Rs.1000 more than the first and the third Rs.1000 more than second. After two
years, they gained Rs.5400. How much third person will get?
47. (800 / 64) * (1296 / 36) = ?
48. 5% people of a village in Sri Lanka died by bombardment, 15% of the remainder left the village on account of fear. If now the population is reduced to 3553, how much was it in the beginning?
49. A tank is filled by three pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tank in the same during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone. The second pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than the first pipe and 4 hours slower than the third pipe. The time required by the first pipe is?
50. A person's present age is two-fifth of the age of his mother. After 8 years, he will be one-half of the age of his mother. How old id the mother at present?