Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
2. A trader marked the price of a car 20% above the cost price and allowed the purchaser 5% discount on the marked price there by gained Rs.8400. Find the cost price of the car?
3. Indu gave Bindu Rs.1250 on compound interest for 2 years at 4% per annum. How much loss would Indu has suffered had she given it to Bindu for 2 years at 4% per annum simple interest?
4. Anita, Indu and Geeta can do a piece of work in 18 days, 27 days and 36 days respectively. They start working together. After working for 4 days. Anita goes
away and Indu leaves 7 days before the work is finished. Only Geeta remains at work from beginning to end. In how many days was the whole work done?
5. The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 1920 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1280. At what price should the article be sold to make 25% profit?
6. A train 360 m long is running at a speed of 45 km/hr. In what time will it pass a bridge 140 m long?
7. The difference between C.I. and S.I. on an amount of Rs. 15,000 for 2 years is Rs. 96. What is the rate of interest per annum?
8. By how much is 3/5th of 875 greater than 2/3 of 333?
9. The sum of three consecutive even numbers is 42. Find the middle number of the three?
10. A person travels from P to Q a speed of 40 km/hr and returns by increasing his speed by 50%. What is his average speed for both the trips?
11. If Rs.7500 are borrowed at C.I at the rate of 4% per annum, then after 2 years the amount to be paid is?
12. Surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4 what is the ratio of their volumes?
13. By selling 99 pens, a trader gains the cost of 33 pens. Find his gain percentage?
14. 25 2/5 + 8 4/5 + 4/5 = ?
15. Kiran travels from A to B by car and returns from B to A by cycle in 7 hours. If he travels both ways by car he saves 3 hours. What is the time taken to cover both ways by cycle?
16. Two trains 140 m and 160 m long run at the speed of 60 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively in opposite directions on parallel tracks. The time which they take to cross each other is?
17. Find the size of the largest square slabs which can be paved on the floor of a room 5 meters 44 cm long and 3 meters 74 cm broad?
18. What should be the least number to be added to the 51234 number to make it divisible by 9?
19. A and B together can do a work in 6 days. If A alone can do it in 15 days. In how many days can B alone do it?
20. P alone can complete a piece of work in 6 days. Work done by Q alone in one day is equal to one-third of the work done by P alone in one day. In how many days can the work be completed if P and Q work together?
21. A and B rent a pasture for 10 months. A put in 80 cows for 7 months. How many can B put in for the remaining 3 months, if he pays half as much again as A?
22. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
23. With a uniform speed a car covers the distance in 8 hours. Had the speed been increased by 4 km/hr, the same distance could have been covered in 7 1/2 hours. What is the distance covered?
24. What percent of 125 is 16?
25. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 km/hr and including stoppages, it is 45 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
26. The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers exceeds their product by 91. Find the integers?
27. A gets 3 times as much money as B gets, B gets only Rs.25 more then what C gets. The three gets Rs.675 in all. Find the share of B?
28. The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean is:
29. If a man lost 4% by selling oranges at the rate of 12 a rupee at how many a rupee must he sell them to gain 44%?
30. A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 min. If it takes 6 sec to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train is?
31. Find the roots of quadratic equation: x2 + x - 42 = 0?
32. A, B and C started a business with capitals of Rs. 8000, Rs. 10000 and Rs. 12000 respectively. At the end of the year, the profit share of B is Rs. 1500. The difference between the profit shares of A and C is?
33. The ratio of investments of two partners P and Q is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10. If P invested the money for 5 months, find for how much time
did Q invest the money?
34. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24, 30 and 40 days respectively. They start the work together but C leaves 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days is the work done?
35. In an examination, 47% failed in English and 54% failed in Mathematics. Find the pass percentage in both the subjects if 31% failed in both the subjects?
36. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
37. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2 : 3, then find the number of pens that D gets ?
38. In a series of six consecutive even numbers, the sum of the second and sixth numbers is 24. What is the fourth number?
39. What will be the difference between simple and compound interest at 10% per annum on a sum of Rs. 1000 after 4 years?
40. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 6:7. If Q is 4 years old than P, what will be the ratio of the ages of P and Q after 4 years?
41. The average temperature for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was 48 degrees and for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday was 46 degrees. If the temperature on Monday was 42 degrees. Find the temperature on Friday?
42. The cross-section of a cannel is a trapezium in shape. If the cannel is 10 m wide at the top and 6 m wide at the bottom and the area of cross-section is 640 sq m, the depth of cannel is?
43. 6 2/3 * 9 3/5 * 2 1/3 + 1 1/3 = ?
44. (830 + ? * 3 * 14 / 100) - (830 * 14 * 3 / 100) = 20.16
45. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If three marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that they are all blue?
46. A father said to his son, "I was as old as you are at present at the time of your birth." If the father's age is 38 years now, the son's age five years back was:
47. A man leaves a point P at 6 a.m. and reaches the point Q at 10 a.m. another man leaves the point give at 8 a.m. and reaches the point P at 12 noon. At what
time do they meet?
48. ³√?/9261 = 11/21
49. The slant height of a cone is 12 cm and radius of the base is 4cm, find the curved surface of the cone.
50. (64 + 9 + 9) / (2 * 20 + 1) = ?