Time Left: 00:50:00
1. What profit percent is made by selling an article at a certain price, if by selling at 2/3rd of that price, there would be a loss of 20%?
2. Sushil got thrice as many marks in English as in Science. His total marks in English, Science and Maths are 162. If the ratio of his marks in English and Maths is 3:5, find his marks in Science?
3. The number obtained by interchanging the two digits of a two-digit number is less than the original number by 45. If the sum of the two digits of the number so obtained is 13, then what is the original number?
4. A and B start a business jointly. A invests Rs.16000 for 8 months and B remains in the business for 4 months. Out of the total profit B claims 2/7th share. How
much money is contributed by B?
5. The average of 35 students in a class is 16 years. The average age of 21 students is 14. What is the average age of remaining 14 students?
6. The effective annual rate of interest corresponding to a nominal rate of 6% per annum payable half-yearly is?
7. If 5% more is gained by selling an article for Rs. 350 than by selling it for Rs. 340, the cost of the article is:
8. Two numbers are 30% and 37% are less than a third number .How much percent is the second number less than the first?
9. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
10. The difference between C.I. and S.I. on an amount of Rs. 15,000 for 2 years is Rs. 96. What is the rate of interest per annum?
11. Twenty times a positive integer is less than its square by 96. What is the integer?
12. By mixing two brands of tea and selling the mixture at the rate of Rs. 177 per kg. a shopkeeper makes a profit of 18%. If to every 2 kg of one brand costing Rs. 200 per kg, 3 kg of the other brand is added, then how much per kg does the other brand cost?
13. 1: 3 = 1 2/3: x. The value of x is?
14. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
15. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
16. Find the greatest four digit number which leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5 when divided by 15 and 24.
17. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
18. Find the simple interest on Rs.500 for 9 months at 6 paisa per month?
19. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
20. The population of a town is 45000; 5/9th of them are males and the rest females 40% of the males are married. What is the percentage of married females?
21. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. When he had worked for 2 days B joins him. If the complete work was finished in 8 days. In how many days B alone can
finish the work?
22. The length of the longest rod that can fit in a cubical room of 4 m side is?
23. One half of a two digit number exceeds its one third by 6. What is the sum of the digits of the number?
24. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
25. A manufacturer sells a pair of glasses to a wholesale dealer at a profit of 18%. The wholesaler sells the same to retailer at a profit of 20%. The retailer in turn sells them to a customer for Rs. 30.09, there by earning a profit of 25%. The cost price for the manufacturer is:
26. A cube of side one meter length is cut into small cubes of side 10 cm each. How many such small cubes can be obtained?
27. 4000 was divided into two parts such a way that when first part was invested at 3%
and the second at 5%, the whole annual interest from both the investments is
Rs.144, how much was put at 3%?
28. One side of a rectangular field is 4 m and its length along diagonal is 5 m. What is the area of the field?
29. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
30. Three seventh of a number is 12 more than 40% of that number. What will be the 60% of that number?
31. How many paying stones, each measuring 2 1/2 m * 2 m are required to pave a rectangular court yard 30 m long and 16 1/2 m board?
32. Find the ratio between whole surfaces of a sphere and a hemisphere?
33. The average of the marks of 12 students in a class is 36. If the marks of each student are doubled, find the new average?
34. The difference between the simple interest received from two different sources on Rs. 1500 for 3 years is Rs. 13.50. The difference between their rates of interest is?
35. In a hostel there were 100 students. To accommodate 20 more students the average is decreased by rupees 5. But total expenditure increased by Rs.400. Find the total expenditure of the hostel now?
36. The average temperature for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was 48 degrees and for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday was 46 degrees. If the temperature on Monday was 42 degrees. Find the temperature on Friday?
37. 1600 men have provisions for 28 days in the temple. If after 4 days, 400 men leave the temple, how long will the food last now?
38. The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F is 13. The number of such pairs is:
39. The compound and the simple interests on a certain sum at the same rate of interest for two years are Rs.11730 and Rs.10200 respectively. Find the sum.
40. In how many years does a sum of Rs. 5000 yield a simple interest of Rs. 16500 at 15% p.a.?
41. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
42. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
43. 12 men complete a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days, 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
44. A started a business with an investment of Rs. 70000 and after 6 months B joined him investing Rs. 120000. If the profit at the end of a year is Rs. 52000, then the share of B is?
45. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that exactly two dice show the same number on them is -.
46. The area of a square is 4096 sq cm. Find the ratio of the breadth and the length of a rectangle whose length is twice the side of the square and breadth is 24 cm less than the side of the square.
47. 108 * 107 * 96 = ? (to the nearest hundred)
48. Product of two co-prime numbers is 117. Their L.C.M should be:
49. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
50. A, B and C are partners in a business. Their capitals are respectively, Rs.5000, Rs.6000 and Rs.4000. A gets 30% of the total profit for managing the business. The remaining profit is divided among three in the ratio of their capitals. In the end of the year, the profit of A is Rs.200 more than the sum of the profits of B and C. Find the total profit.