Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The average of the two-digit numbers, which remain the same when the digits interchange their positions, is:
2. A can do a piece of work in 20 days. B in 15 days A and C in 12 days. In how many days can A finish the work if he is assisted by B on one day and C on the next, alternately?
3. The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 15 and the difference between the digits is 3. What is the two-digit number?
4. 1860 + 4/7 of 21.21 - 41.4 = ?
5. Murali travelled from city A to city B at a speed of 40 kmph and from city B to city C at 60 kmph. What is the average speed of Murali from A to C given that the ratio of distances between A to B and B to C is 2 : 3?
6. Divide Rs.118000 among three persons A, B and C such that the ratio of the shares of A and B is 3:4 and that of B:C is 5:6?
7. In how many years will a sum of money doubles itself at 5% per annum on simple interest?
8. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
9. If the sides of two cubes are in the ratio 3: 1 the ratio of their total surface area is?
10. Express 25 mps in kmph?
11. A letter lock consists of three rings each marked with six different letters. The number of distinct unsuccessful attempts to open the lock is at the most -.
12. I bought two books; for Rs.480. I sold one at a loss of 15% and other at a gain of 19% and then I found each book was sold at the same price. Find the cost of the book sold at a loss?
13. I. x2 + 9x + 20 = 0, II. y2 + 5y + 6 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
14. If Re.1 amounts to Rs.9 over a period of 20 years. What is the rate of simple interest?
15. The average age of husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
16. A cistern is normally filled in 8 hours but takes two hours longer to fill because of a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full, the leak will empty it in?
17. If the annual rate of simple interest increases from 10% to 12 1/2 %, a man's yearly income increases by Rs. 1250. His principal in Rs. is?
18. The average age of a husband and a wife is 23 years when they were married five years ago but now the average age of the husband, wife and child is 20 years(the child was born during the interval). What is the present age of the child?
19. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 10 and 15 minutes respectively. A person opens both the pipes together when the cistern should have been was full he finds the waste pipe open. He then closes the waste pipe and in another 4 minutes the cistern was full. In what time can the waste pipe empty the cistern when fill?
20. 1296 ÷ (24 * 0.75) = ?
21. A man spends 10% of his income in house rent, 20% of the rest on his children’s education, 25% of the rest miscellaneous causes. If he now posses Rs. 1944 then his income is?
22. How many shots of 1cm radius can be prepared from a sphere of 3cm radius?
23. 9 men and 12 boys finish a job in 12 days, 12 men and 12 boys finish it in 10 days. 10 men and 10 boys shall finish it in how many days?
24. A man can row a boat at 20 kmph in still water. If the speed of the stream is 6 kmph, what is the time taken to row a distance of 60 km downstream?
25. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 36. Find the sum of the squares of these numbers?
26. In an examination 38% of students fail in English and 61% pass in Hindi and 23% fail in both. Find the actual failure percentage?
27. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a train is 45 kmph and including stoppages it is 36 kmph. Of how many minutes does the train stop per hour?
28. What will be the cost of building a fence around a square plot with area equal to 289 sq ft, if the price per foot of building the fence is Rs. 58?
29. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
30. Find the ratio of the curved surfaces of two cylinders of same heights if their radii are in the ratio 1:2.
31. A person got Rs.48 more when he invested a certain sum at compound interest instead of simple interest for two years at 8% p.a. Find the sum?
32. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 2 minutes and 15 minutes respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but 4 minutes after the start the pipe A is turned off. How much time will it take to fill the tank?
33. A lends Rs. 2500 to B and a certain to C at the same time at 7% p.a. simple interest. If after 4 years, A altogether receives Rs. 1120 as interest from B and C, then the sum lent to C is?
34. Out of 15 consecutive numbers, 2 are chosen at random. The probability that they are both odds or both primes is -.
35. The parameter of a square is double the perimeter of a rectangle. The area of the rectangle is 480 sq cm. Find the area of the square.
36. 21345 * 45 = 4270 * ?
37. The perimeter of a rhombus is 68 cm and one of its diagonals is 16 cm. Find its area?
38. Identify the greatest numbers: 450, 2100, 1625
39. If 3 workers collect 48 kg of cotton in 4 days, how many kg of cotton will 9 workers collect in 2 days?
40. A person invested in all Rs. 2600 at 4%, 6% and 8% per annum simple interest. At the end of the year, he got the same interest in all the three cases. The money invested at 4% is?
41. The product of two successive numbers is 4556. Which of the following is the larger of the two numbers?
42. All the water in container A which was filled to its brim was poured into two containers B and C. The quantity of water in container B was 62.5% less than the capacity of container A. If 148 liters was now transferred from C to B, then both the containers would have equal quantities of water. What was the initial quantity of water in container A?
43. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
44. Mohan's salary was first increased by 20% and then decreased by 20%. If his present salary is Rs. 7200, then what was his original salary?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. A, B and C can do a work in 7 , 14 and 21 days respectively. They completed the work and got Rs.242. What is the share of C?
47. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
48. In a colony of 70 residents, the ratio of the number of men and women is 4:3. Among the women, the ratio of the educated to the uneducated is 1:4. If the ratio of the number of education to uneducated persons is 8:27, then find the ratio of the number of educated and uneducated men in the colony?
49. A and B can do a piece of work in 6 2/3 days and 5 days respectively. They work together for 2 days and then A leaves. In how many days after that B will complete the work alone.
50. The compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.44000 at the end of two years is Rs.1193.60. What would be the simple interest accrued on the same amount at the same rate in the same period?