Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
2. The length of each side of an equilateral triangle having an area of 4√3 cm2 is?
3. I. a3 - 988 = 343, II. b2 - 72 = 49 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
4. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
5. The product of two numbers is 4107. If the H.C.F of these numbers is 37, then the greater number is:
6. A, B and C can do a work in 7 , 14 and 21 days respectively. They completed the work and got Rs.242. What is the share of C?
7. A certain sum of money is divided among A, B and C so that for each Rs. A has, B has 65 paisa and C 40 paisa. If C's share is Rs.40, find the sum of money?
8. The bus fare for two persons for travelling between Agra and Aligarh id four-thirds the train fare between the same places for one person. The total fare paid by 6 persons travelling by bus and 8 persons travelling by train between the two places is Rs.1512. Find the train fare between the two places for one person?
9. A person's present age is two-fifth of the age of his mother. After 8 years, he will be one-half of the age of his mother. How old id the mother at present?
10. If two positive numbers are in the ratio 1/8 : 1/5, then by what percent is the second number more than the first?
11. 58978 / 363.94 * 11.02 = ?
12. (332% of 2113) / 42 = ?
13. If A:B = 1/2: 1/3 B:C = 1/2:1/3 then A:B:C?
14. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
15. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?
16. The ratio between the present ages of A and B is 5:3 respectively. The ratio between A's age 4 years ago and B's age 4 years hence is 1:1. What is the ratio between A's age 4 years hence and B's age 4 years ago?
17. A man on tour travels first 160 km at 64 km/he and the next 160 km at 80 km/hr. The average speed for the first 320 km of the tour is?
18. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C in the ratio 1/2:1/3:1/4. Find the share of C?
19. A man can do a job in 15 days. His father takes 20 days and his son finishes it in 25 days. How long will they take to complete the job if they all work together?
20. What percent of 120 are 90?
21. In a series of six consecutive even numbers, the sum of the second and sixth numbers is 24. What is the fourth number?
22. A person got Rs.48 more when he invested a certain sum at compound interest instead of simple interest for two years at 8% p.a. Find the sum?
23. 50 men can complete a work in 65 days.Five days after started the work, 20 men left the group. In how many days can the remaining work be completed?
24. A batsman in his 17th innings makes a score of 85 and their by increasing his average by 3. What is his average after the 17thinnings?
25. 8988 / 8 / 4 = ?
26. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If four marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that none is blue?
27. By selling a house for Rs.45000, it was found that 1/8 of the outlay was gained, what ought the selling to price to have been in order to have lost 5 p.c?
28. Two-third of a positive number and 25/216 of its reciprocal are equal. The number is:
29. Compound interest earned on a sum for the second and the third years are Rs.1200 and Rs.1440 respectively. Find the rate of interest?
30. A man could buy a certain number of notebooks for Rs.300. If each notebook cost is Rs.5 more, he could have bought 10 notebooks less for the same amount. Find the price of each notebook?
31. The edges of three iron cubes are 6cm; 8cm; 10cm respectively. A new cube was made by melting them. Find the edge of the new cube?
32. Divide Rs.118000 among three persons A, B and C such that the ratio of the shares of A and B is 3:4 and that of B:C is 5:6?
33. In what ratio should two varieties of sugar of Rs.18 per kg and Rs.24 kg be mixed together to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.20 per kg?
34. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
35. The product of two natural numbers is 17. Then, the sum of the reciprocals of their squares is:
36. X and Y started a business with capitals Rs. 20000 and Rs. 25000. After few months Z joined them with a capital of Rs. 30000. If the share of Z in the annual profit of Rs. 50000 is Rs. 14000, then after how many months from the beginning did Z join?
37. A bag contains a total of 93 coins in the form of one rupee and 50 paise coins. If the total value of coins in the bag is Rs.56, find the number of 50 paise coins in the bag?
38. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. A third pipe C can drain off 45 liters of water per minute. If all the pipes are opened, the tank can be filled in 15 minutes. What is the capacity of the tank?
39. if (x + y)/(2x + y) = 4/5, then find (2x + y)/(3x + y) ?
40. The population of a town is 45000; 5/9th of them are males and the rest females 40% of the males are married. What is the percentage of married females?
41. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 m long and traveling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 sec is?
42. Find the greatest number which will divide 25, 73 and 97 as so to leave the same remainder in each case?
43. A and B entered into a partnership investing Rs.25000 and Rs.30000 respectively. After 4 months C also joined the business with an investment of Rs.35000. What
is the share of C in an annual profit of Rs.47000?
44. The average of 13 numbers is 60. Average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. A trader bought a car at 20% discount on its original price. He sold it at a 40% increase on the price he bought it. What percent of profit did he make on the
47. A can do a work in 9 days and B can do the same work in 18 days. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
48. What distance will be covered by a bus moving at 72 kmph in 30 seconds?
49. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
50. A is half good a work man as B and together they finish a job in 14 days. In how many days working alone B finish the job?