Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A 300 meter long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds while it crosses a signal pole in 18 seconds. What is the length of the platform?
2. The simple interest on a sum of money will be Rs.600 after 10 years. If the principal is trebled after 5 years what will be the total interest at the end of the tenth year?
3. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
4. 217 * 217 + 183 * 183 = ?
5. A tap can fill a tank in 6 hours. After half the tank is filled three more similar taps are opened. What is the total time taken to fill the tank completely?
6. Train X crosses a stationary train Y in 60 seconds and a pole in 25 seconds with the same speed. The length of the train X is 300 m. What is the length of the stationary train Y?
7. I. x2 + 11x + 30 = 0, II. y2 + 15y + 56 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
8. Compound interest earned on a sum for the second and the third years are Rs.1200 and Rs.1440 respectively. Find the rate of interest?
9. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?
10. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
11. If the roots of a quadratic equation are 20 and -7, then find the equation?
12. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
13. At what rate percent per annum will the simple interest on a sum of money be 2/5 of the amount in 10 years?
14. The least number which should be added to 2497 so that the sum is exactly divisible by 5, 6, 4 and 3 is:
15. A train 100 meters long completely crosses a 300 meters long bridge in 45 seconds. What is the speed of the train is?
16. Two passenger trains start at the same hour in the day from two different stations and move towards each other at the rate of 16 kmph and 21 kmph respectively.
When they meet, it is found that one train has traveled 60 km more than the other one. The distance between the two stations is?
17. HCF and LCM two numbers are 12 and 396 respectively. If one of the numbers is 36, then the other number is?
18. The C.I. on a certain sum for 2 years at 10% per annum is Rs. 525. The S.I. on the same sum for double the time at half the rate percent per annum is?
19. Find the number of square tiles to cover the floor of a room measuring 4 m * 9 m leaving 0.25 m space around the room. A side of square tile is given to be 25
20. If the cost price of 50 articles is equal to the selling price of 40 articles, then the gain or loss percent is?
21. Find the least number of five digits which is exactly divisible by 12, 15 and 18?
22. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a college is 7:8. If the percentage increase in the number of boys and girls be 20% and 10% respectively. What will be the new ratio?
23. A leak in the bottom of a tank can empty the full tank in 6 hours. An inlet pipe fills water at the rate of 4 liters per minute. When the tank is full in inlet is opened and due to the leak the tank is empties in 8 hours. The capacity of the tank is?
24. The greatest ratio out of 2:3, 5:4, 3:2 and 4:5 is?
25. The numerator of a certain fraction is 8 less than the denominator. If 3 is added to the numerator and 3 is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the original fraction?
26. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?
27. A sum of money is borrowed and paid back in two annual installments of Rs. 882 each allowing 5% C.I. The sum borrowed was?
28. (4300731) - ? = 2535618
29. I. a2 - 9a + 20 = 0, II. 2b2 - 5b - 12 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
30. If 12 men can reap 120 acres of land in 36 days, how many acres of land can 54 men reap in 54 days?
31. A and B entered into a partnership investing Rs.25000 and Rs.30000 respectively. After 4 months C also joined the business with an investment of Rs.35000. What
is the share of C in an annual profit of Rs.47000?
32. By selling an umbrella for Rs. 300, a shop keeper gains 20%. During a clearance sale, the shopkeeper allows a discount of 10% on the marked price. His gain percent during the sale is:
33. Roja and Pooja start moving in the opposite directions from a pole. They are moving at the speeds of 2 km/hr and 3 km/hr respectively. After 4 hours what will be the distance between them?
34. 9 men and 12 boys finish a job in 12 days, 12 men and 12 boys finish it in 10 days. 10 men and 10 boys shall finish it in how many days?
35. A heap of coconuts is divided into groups of 2, 3 and 5 and each time one coconut is left over. The least number of Coconuts in the heap is?
36. ³√4900 + 123 = ? / 33.004
37. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
38. Two trains of equal lengths are running at speeds of 30 kmph and 60 kmph. The two trains crossed each other in 30 seconds when travelling in opposite direction. In what time will they cross each other when travelling in the same direction?
39. How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132?
40. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 37 1/2 minutes and 45 minutes respectively. Both pipes are opened. The cistern will be filled in just half an hour, if the pipe B is turned off after?
41. A train 800 m long is running at a speed of 78 km/hr. If it crosses a tunnel in 1 min, then the length of the tunnel is?
42. Find the least number by which (59)(36)(17) has to be multiplied to obtain a perfect square?
43. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 292. What would be the smallest number?
44. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?
45. 15 men take 21 days of 8 hours each to do a piece of work. How many days of 6 hours each would 21 women take to do the same. If 3 women do as much work as 2
46. Find the smallest number which should be multiplied with 520 to make it a perfect square.
47. 12.5 + 10 1/4 of 100 ÷ 10% of 10 = ?
48. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 20 and 30 minutes respectively. If both the pipes are used together, then how long will it take to fill the tank?
49. A wire in the form of a circle of radius 3.5 m is bent in the form of a rectangule, whose length and breadth are in the ratio of 6 : 5. What is the area of the rectangle?
50. In a party there are 5 couples. Out of them 5 people are chosen at random. Find the probability that there are at the least two couples?