Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the smallest number which when divided by 13 and 16 leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5.
2. The simple interest accrued on an amount of Rs.49500 at he end of three is Rs.17820. What would be the compound interest accured on the same amount at teh same rate in the same period? (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
3. There are two circles of different radii. The are of a square is 784 sq cm and its side is twice the radius of the larger circle. The radius of the larger circle is seven - third that of the smaller circle. Find the circumference of the smaller circle.
4. Find the sum lend at C.I. at 5 p.c per annum will amount to Rs.441 in 2 years?
5. In an exam, Amar scored 64 percent, Bhavan scored 36 percent and Chetan 44 percent. The maximum score awarded in the exam is 800. Find the average mark scored by all the three boys?
6. The difference between two integers is 5. Their product is 500. Find the numbers.
7. Out of first 20 natural numbers, one number is selected at random. The probability that it is either an even number or a prime number is -.
8. (98 / 7 / 2) / ? = 14
9. 45/100 * 125 + 22.22 = ?
10. If a: b = 7: 5, b: c = 9: 11, find a: b: c?
11. On dividing 2272 as well as 875 by 3-digit number N, we get the same remainder. The sum of the digits of N is:
12. Thrice the square of a natural number decreased by 4 times the number is equal to 50 more than the number. The number is:
13. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
The sub-duplicate ratio of 1:4 is
15. Two trains, each 100 m long, moving in opposite directions, cross other in 8 sec. If one is moving twice as fast the other, then the speed of the faster train is?
16. 43% of 784 = ?
17. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. S.I. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was?
18. A rectangular field 30 m long and 20 m broad. How much deep it should be dug so that from the earth taken out, a platform can be formed which is 8 m long, 5.5 m broad and 1.5 m high where as the earth taken out is increase by 10/5?
19. The cost of 16 pens and 8 pencils is Rs.352 and the cost of 4 pens and 4 pencils is Rs.96. Find the cost of each pen?
20. The total marks obtained by a student in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is 150 more than the marks obtained by him in Physics. What is the average mark obtained by him in Chemistry and Mathematics?
21. Peter invested an amount of Rs. 12,000 at the rate of 10% p.a simple interest and another amount at the rate of 20% p.a. simple interest. The total interest earned at the end of one year on the total amount invested became 14% p.a. Find the total amount invested?
22. Six years ago, the ratio of ages of Kunal and Sagar was 6:5. Four years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11:10. What is Sagar's age at present?
23. The area of a base of a cone is 30 cm2. If the height of the cone is 6cm, find its volume?
24. A sum of Rs.4800 is invested at a compound interest for three years, the rate of interest being 10% p.a., 20% p.a. and 25% p.a. for the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd years respectively. Find the interest received at the end of the three years.
25. Two third of three- fifth of one fourth of a number is 24, what is 30% of that number?
26. Two-third of a positive number and 25/216 of its reciprocal are equal. The number is:
27. The ratio between the present ages of A and B is 5:3 respectively. The ratio between A's age 4 years ago and B's age 4 years hence is 1:1. What is the ratio between A's age 4 years hence and B's age 4 years ago?
28. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such away that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
29. If y exceeds x by 20%, then x is less than y by?
30. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
31. A man can row his boat with the stream at 6 km/h and against the stream in 4
km/h. The man's rate is?
32. Find the ratio of the curved surfaces of two cylinders of same heights if their radii are in the ratio 1:2.
33. Tanya's grandfather was 8 times older to her 16 years ago. He would be 3 times of her age 8 years from now. Eight years ago, what was the ratio of Tanya's age to that of her grandfather?
34. An article was sold after a discount of 20% and there was a gain of 20%. If the profit made on it was Rs. 6 less than the discount offered on it, find its selling price?
35. What is the are of an equilateral triangle of side 16 cm?
36. ³√?/9261 = 11/21
37. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill tank in 36 min, then the slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in?
38. The difference between a number and its two-fifth is 510. What is 10% of that number?
39. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
40. Eighteen years ago, a father was three times as old as his son. Now the father is only twice as old his son. Then the sum of the present ages of the son and the father is:
41. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
42. X men can do a work in 120 days. If there were 20 men less, the work would have taken 60 days more. What is the value of X?
43. If the arithmetic mean of seventy five numbers is calculated, it is 35. If each number is increased by 5, then mean of new number is:
44. What is the area of square field whose side of length 15 m?
45. The average of four positive integers is 69. The highest integer is 93 and the least integer is 39. The difference between the remaining two integers is 28. Which of the following integers is the higher of the remaining two integers?
46. A sum of money is put out at compound interest for 2 years at 20%. It would fetch Rs.482 more if the interest were payable half-yearly, then it were pay able yearly. Find the sum.
47. A delegation of 5 members has to be formed from 3 ladies and 5 gentlemen. In how many ways the delegation can be formed, if 2 particular ladies are always included in the delegation?
48. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
49. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting a group of eight persons?
50. 3 men or 6 women can do a piece of work in 20 days. In how many days will 12 men and 8 women do the same work?