Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In digging a pond 20 m * 10 m * 5 m the volumes of the soil extracted will be?
2. 25% of ? + 36% of 1225 = 816
3. A 70 cm long wire is to be cut into two pieces so that one piece will be 2/5th of the other, how many centimeters will the shorter piece be?
4. I. a2 - 2a - 8 = 0, II. b2 = 9 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
5. If y exceeds x by 20%, then x is less than y by?
6. 96 is divided into two parts in such a way that seventh part of first and ninth part of second are equal. Find the smallest part?
7. If in a box of dimensions 6 m * 5 m * 4 m smaller boxes of dimensions 60 cm * 50 cm * 40 cm are kept in it, then what will be the maximum number of the small boxes that can be kept in it?
8. If three eighth of a number is 141. What will be the approximately value of 32.08% of this number?
9. How many numbers up to 100 are divisible by 7?
10. If the sum of one-half of a number exceeds one-third of that number by 7 1/3, the number is:
11. Mudit's age 18 years hence will be thrice his age four years ago. Find Mudit's present age?
12. The compound interest earned by Sunil on a certain amount at the end of two years at the rate of 8% p.a. was Rs.2828.80. Find the total amount that Sunil got back at the end of two years in the form of principal plus interest earned.
13. Two trains 140 m and 160 m long run at the speed of 60 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively in opposite directions on parallel tracks. The time which they take to cross each other is?
14. A and B enter into partnership with capital as 7:9. At the end of 8 months, A withdraws. If they receive the profits in the ratio of 8:9 find how long B's
capital was used?
15. How many seconds will a 500 meter long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train
is 63 km/hr?
16. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
17. The price of a T.V. set worth Rs. 20000 is to be paid in 20 installments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6% per annum, and the first installment be paid at the time of purchase, then the value of the last installment covering the interest as well will be?
18. The cost of 16 pens and 8 pencils is Rs.352 and the cost of 4 pens and 4 pencils is Rs.96. Find the cost of each pen?
19. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. What is the total distance traveled by the man?
20. The average of four positive integers is 69. The highest integer is 93 and the least integer is 39. The difference between the remaining two integers is 28. Which of the following integers is the higher of the remaining two integers?
21. The average of first ten prime numbers which are odd is?
22. If 6 (A's capital) = 8 (B's capital) = 10 (C's capital). Then the ratio of their capitals is:
23. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
24. A train 150 m long running at 72 kmph crosses a platform in 25 sec. What is the length of the platform?
25. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
26. The fourth proportional to 5, 8, 15 is:
27. Some persons can do a piece of work in 12 days. Two times the number of these people will do half of that work in?
28. The average age of students of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years and that of the girls is 15.4 years. The ration of the number of boys to the number of girls in the class is:
29. Alok ordered 16 chapatis, 5 plates of rice, 7 plates of mixed vegetable and 6 ice-cream cups. The cost of each chapati is Rs.6, that of each plate of rice is Rs.45 and that of mixed vegetable is Rs.70. The amount that Alok paid the cashier was Rs.961. Find the cost of each ice-cream cup?
30. If a: b = 7: 5, b: c = 9: 11, find a: b: c?
31. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm formed by an arc of length 3.5 cm is?
32. A, B and C invested Rs.6300, Rs.4200 and Rs.10500 respectively, in a partnership business. Find the share of A in profit of Rs.12100 after a year?
33. A train crosses a platform of 120 m in 15 sec, same train crosses another platform of length 180 m in 18 sec. then find the length of the train?
34. A certain number successively divided by 2, 5 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively. When the same number is divided by 70, what is the remainder?
35. Three years ago the average age of a family of six members was 19 years. A boy have been born, the average age of the family is the same today. What is the age of the boy?
36. Aman started a business investing Rs. 70,000. Rakhi joined him after six months with an amount of Rs. 1,05,000 and Sagar joined them with Rs. 1.4 lakhs after another six months. The amount of profit earned should be distributed in what ratio among Aman, Rakhi and Sagar respectively, 3 years after Aman started the business?
37. The difference between the compound interest compounded annually and simple interest for 2 years at 20% per annum is Rs.144. Find the principal?
38. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
39. Find the nearest to 25268 which is exactly divisible by 467?
40. How many shots of 1cm radius can be prepared from a sphere of 3cm radius?
41. The sum of the squares of three numbers is 138, while the sum of their products taken two at a time is 131. Their sum is:
42. The cash difference between the selling prices of an article at a profit of 4% and 6% is Rs. 3. The ratio of the two selling prices is:
43. The diameter of a cylindrical tin is 6cm and height is 5 cm. Find the volume of the cylinder?
44. A and B together can complete a work in 12 days. A alone can complete it in 20 days. If B does the work only for half a day daily, then in how many days A and B together will complete the work?
45. Find the greatest four digit number which leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5 when divided by 15 and 24.
46. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks out of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
47. A and B can do a piece of work in 7 days. With the help of C they finish the work in 5 days. C alone can do that piece of work in?
48. What is the remainder when 263251 is divided by 9?
49. [(√7 + √5) / ( (√7 - √5)] + [(√7 - √5) / (√7 + √5)] = ?
50. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?