Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A can do a piece of work in 10 days and B can do the same work in 12 days. A and B worked together for 2 days. How many more days are required to complete the remaining work if they work together?
2. Albert buys 4 horses and 9 cows for Rs. 13,400. If he sells the horses at 10% profit and the cows at 20% profit, then he earns a total profit of Rs. 1880. The cost of a horse is:
3. If the roots of a quadratic equation are 20 and -7, then find the equation?
4. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
5. The food in a camp lasts for 30 men for 40 days. If ten more men join, how many days will the food last?
6. In how many ways can three consonants and two vowels be selected from the letters of the word "TRIANGLE"?
7. A total of 3000 chocolates were distributed among 120 boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls?
8. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
9. If 35% of a number is 12 less than 50% of that number, then the number is?
10. The radius of the two circular fields is in the ratio 3: 5 the area of the first field is what percent less than the area of the second?
11. 12 men can complete a piece of work in 4 days, while 15 women can complete the same work in 4 days. 6 men start working on the job and after working for 2 days, all of them stopped working. How many women should be put on the job to complete the remaining work, if it so to be completed in 3 days?
12. The ratio between the present ages of A and B is 5:3 respectively. The ratio between A's age 4 years ago and B's age 4 years hence is 1:1. What is the ratio between A's age 4 years hence and B's age 4 years ago?
13. HCF and LCM two numbers are 12 and 396 respectively. If one of the numbers is 36, then the other number is?
14. The simple interest on a sum of money is 4/9 of the principal and the number of years is equal to the rate percent. Find the rate and the time?
15. The least square number which divides 8, 12 and 18 is?
16. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
17. The third proportional to 1 and 2 is?
18. On dividing number by 5, we get 3 as remainder. What will be the remainder when the square of this number is divided by 5?
19. The compound and the simple interests on a certain sum at the same rate of interest for two years are Rs.11730 and Rs.10200 respectively. Find the sum.
20. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 30 days and C and A in 36 days. In how many days will the work be completed, if all three of them work together?
21. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?
22. One side of a rectangular field is 4 m and its length along diagonal is 5 m. What is the area of the field?
23. The average age of M boys is ‘b’ years and of ‘n’ girls ‘c’ years. The average age of all together is?
24. Rs.800 amounts to Rs.920 in 3 years at simple interest. If the interest is increased by 3%, it would amount to how much?
25. Train P crosses a pole in 30 seconds and train Q crosses the same pole in one minute and 15 seconds. The length of train P is three-fourths the length of train Q. What is the ratio of the speed of train P to that of train Q?
26. The ratio of the present ages of P and Q is 3:4. 5 years ago, the ratio of their ages was 5:7. Find the their present ages?
27. A train of 24 carriages, each of 60 meters length, when an engine also of 60 meters length is running at a speed of 60 kmph. In what time will the train cross a bridge 1.5 km long?
28. A rectangular grass field is 75 m * 55 m, it has a path of 2.5 m wide all round it on the outside. Find the area of the path and the cost of constructing it at
Rs.2 per sq m?
29. Find the average of all the numbers between 6 and 34 which are divisible by 5.
30. A metallic sphere of radius 12 cm is melted and drawn into a wire, whose radius of cross section is 16 cm. What is the length of the wire?
mean proportional between 4 and 9 is?
32. The speed of a train is 90 kmph. What is the distance covered by it in 10 minutes?
33. What is the are of an equilateral triangle of side 16 cm?
34. In a class of 140 students, 60% of them passed. By what percent is the number of students who passed more than the number of failed students?
35. A certain number when divided by 45 leaves a remainder 31, what is the remainder if the same number be divided by 15?
36. The greatest number of five digits which is divisible by 32, 36, 40, 42 and 48 is:
37. Two trains, one from Howrah to Patna and the other from Patna to Howrah, start simultaneously. After they meet, the trains reach their destinations after 9 hours and 16 hours respectively. The ratio of their speeds is?
38. 5 men are equal to as many women as are equal to 8 boys. All of them earn Rs.90 only. Men’s wages are?
39. There are some rabbits and peacocks in a zoo. The total number of their heads is 60 and total number of their legs is 192. Find the number of total rabbits?
40. If A:B = 2:3, B:C = 4:5 and C:D = 6:7, then A:B:C:D is:
41. At an examination in which full marks were 500. A got 10% less than B, B got 25% more than C and C got 20% less than D. If A got 360marks, what percentage of full marks was obtained by D?
42. A man walks at a speed of 3 km/hr and runs at a speed of 7 km/hr. How much time will the man require to cover a distance of 10 1/2 km, if he completes half of the distance, i.e., (5 1/4) km on foot and the other half by running?
43. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
44. The number of sequences in which 7 players can throw a ball, so that the youngest player may not be the last is -.
45. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 km/hr and including stoppages, it is 45 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
46. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
47. 20 women can do a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days. 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
48. The cost of 16 pens and 8 pencils is Rs.352 and the cost of 4 pens and 4 pencils is Rs.96. Find the cost of each pen?
49. A man can row a boat at 20 kmph in still water. If the speed of the stream is 6 kmph, what is the time taken to row a distance of 60 km downstream?
50. The average monthly salary of 20 employees in an organisation is Rs. 1500. If the manager's salary is added, then the average salary increases by Rs. 100. What is the manager's monthly salary?