Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The average of first five multiples of 3 is:
2. A trader bought a car at 20% discount on its original price. He sold it at a 40% increase on the price he bought it. What percent of profit did he make on the
3. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
4. (272/4-3)-5/6 = ?
5. A number when divided by 221 gives a remainder 43, what remainder will be obtained by dividing the same number 17?
6. A dishonest dealer professes to sell his goods at Cost Price but still gets 20% profit by using a false weight. What weight does he substitute for a kilogram?
7. I. a2 - 9a + 20 = 0, II. 2b2 - 5b - 12 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
8. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
9. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
10. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
11. A certain sum becomes Rs. 20720 in four years and 24080 in six years at simple interest. Find sum and rate of interest?
12. Find the quadratic equations whose roots are the reciprocals of the roots of 2x2 + 5x + 3 = 0?
13. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in such a way that the number of trees in each row should be the same. If there are 4 rows or 5 rows or 6 rows, then no tree will be left. Find the least number of trees required.
14. A watch was sold at a loss of 10%. If it was sold for Rs.140 more, there would have been a gain of 4%. What is the cost price?
15. Product of two co-prime numbers is 117. Their L.C.M should be:
16. If Re.1 amounts to Rs.9 over a period of 20 years. What is the rate of simple interest?
17. A and B start a business with Rs.6000 and Rs.8000 respectively. Hoe should they share their profits at the end of one year?
18. 3 men, 4 women and 6 children can complete a work in 7 days. A woman does double the work a man does and a child does half the work a man does. How many women alone can complete this work in 7 days?
19. How long does a train 110 m long running at the speed of 72 km/hr takes to cross a bridge 132 m length?
20. Two pipes X and Y can separately fill a cistern in 18 and 24 hours respectively. If they are turned on alternately for one hour each, how long will it take to fill the cistern?
21. The average of 9 observations was 9, that of the 1st of 5 being 10 and that of the last 5 being 8. What was the 5th observation?
22. 30 men can do a work in 40 days. When should 20 men leave the work so that the entire work is completed in 40 days after they leave the work?
23. In a bag, there are coins of 25 p, 10 p and 5 p in the ratio of 1:2:3. If there are Rs. 30 in all, how many 5 p coins are there?
24. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
25. In a bag there are coins of 50 paisa, 25 paisa and one rupee in the proportion 5:6:2. If there are in all Rs.42, the number of 25 paisa coins is?
26. Two trains, one from Howrah to Patna and the other from Patna to Howrah, start simultaneously. After they meet, the trains reach their destinations after 9 hours and 16 hours respectively. The ratio of their speeds is?
27. A rectangular field has area equal to 150 sq m and perimeter 50 m. Its length and breadth must be?
28. If Rs.450 amount to Rs.540 in 4 years, what will it amount to in 6 years at the same rate % per annum?
29. At the end of three years what will be the compound interest at the rate of 10% p.a. on an amount of Rs.20000?
30. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
31. What will be the ratio of simple interest earned by certain amount at the same rate of interest for 6 years and that for 9 years?
32. The area of a square is equal to five times the area of a rectangle of dimensions 125 cm * 64 cm. What is the perimeter of the square?
33. The sides of a triangle are in the ratio 5: 12: 13 and its perimeter is 300 m, its area is?
34. I. x2 - x - 42 = 0, II. y2 - 17y + 72 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
35. If 40% of a number is equal to two-third of another number, what is the ratio of first number to the second number?
36. The sum and the product of two numbers are 25 and 144 respectively, the difference of the number is?
37. The difference between simple and compound interests compounded annually on a certain sum of money for 2 years at 4% per annum is Re. 1. The sum (in Rs. ) is?
38. When 2 is added to half of one-third of one-fifth of a number, the result is one-fifteenth of the number. Find the number?
39. Eighteen years ago, a father was three times as old as his son. Now the father is only twice as old his son. Then the sum of the present ages of the son and the father is:
40. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
41. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4:5:6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
42. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
43. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
44. The average of 11 results is 50, if the average of first six results is 49 and that of the last six is 52. Find the sixth result?
45. A train can travel 50% faster than a car. Both start from point A at the same time and reach point B at 75 kms away from A at the same time. On the way, however, the train lost about 12.5 minutes while stopping at the stations. The speed of the car is?
46. If A:B = 1/2: 1/3 B:C = 1/2:1/3 then A:B:C?
47. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
48. Find the greatest four digit number which leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5 when divided by 15 and 24.
49. 25% of 30% of 45% is equal to?
50. - 84 * 29 + 365 = ?