Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Ajay and Vijay have some marbles with them. Ajay told Vijay "if you give me 'x' marbles, both of us will have equal number of marbles". Vijay then told Ajay "if you give me twice as many marbles, I will have 30 more marbles than you would". Find 'x'?
2. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
3. The sale price of an article including the sales tax is Rs. 616. The rate of sales tax is 10%. If the shopkeeper has made a profit of 12%, then the cost price of the article is:
4. The edge of a cube is 2a cm. Find its surface?
5. A man gets a simple interest of Rs.500 on a certain principal at the rate of 5% p.a in two years. Find the compound interest the man will get on twice the principal in two years at the same rate.
6. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
7. The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 15 and the difference between the digits is 3. What is the two-digit number?
8. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
9. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
10. The length of a rectangle is two - fifths of the radius of a circle. The radius of the circle is equal to the side of the square, whose area is 1225 sq.units. What is the area (in sq.units) of the rectangle if the rectangle if the breadth is 10 units?
11. The average monthly income of P and Q is Rs. 5050. The average monthly income of Q and R is 6250 and the average monthly income of P and R is Rs. 5200. The monthly income of P is:
12. If 30% of a number exceeds 20% of it by 18, then find the number?
13. Find the number of square tiles to cover the floor of a room measuring 4 m * 9 m leaving 0.25 m space around the room. A side of square tile is given to be 25
14. The difference between the two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging its digits is 54. The difference between the digits is?
15. In a flight of 600 km, an aircraft was slowed down due to bad weather. Its average speed for the trip was reduced by 200 km/hr and the time of flight increased by 30 minutes. The duration of the flight is?
16. 9 3/4 + 7 2/17 - 9 1/15 = ?
17. A rectangular courtyard, the sides of which are in the ratio of 4:3, cost Rs.600 for paving at 50 p per m2; find the length of the diagonal of the
18. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill tank in 36 min, then the slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in?
19. The L.C.M of two numbers is 495 and their H.C.F is 5. If the sum of the numbers is 10, then their difference is:
20. At what rate percent on simple interest will Rs.750 amount to Rs.900 in 5 years?
21. A bank offers 5% C.I. calculated on half-yearly basis . A customer deposits Rs. 1600 each on 1st January and 1st July of a year. At the end of the year, the amount he would have gained by way of interest is?
22. Find the highest common factor of 36 and 84.
23. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
24. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?
25. A man purchases 8 pens for Rs.9 and sells 9 pens for Rs.8, how much profit or loss does he make?
26. What will be the cost of building a fence around a square plot with area equal to 289 sq ft, if the price per foot of building the fence is Rs. 58?
27. Find the roots of quadratic equation: x2 + x - 42 = 0?
28. (492 * 182) / 324 = ?
29. A lends Rs. 2500 to B and a certain to C at the same time at 7% p.a. simple interest. If after 4 years, A altogether receives Rs. 1120 as interest from B and C, then the sum lent to C is?
30. Avinash is twice as fast as Bharat, and Bharat is one-third as fast as Chandra. If together they can complete a piece of work in 30 days, in how many days can Avinash, Bharat and Chandra do the work respectively?
31. In a class of 140 students, 60% of them passed. By what percent is the number of students who passed more than the number of failed students?
32. (8x9 / 27y-6)-2/3 = ?
33. Anil can do a work in 15 days while Sunil can do it in 25 days. How long will they take if both work together?
34. A, B, C enter into a partnership investing Rs. 35,000, Rs. 45,000 and Rs. 55,000 respectively. The respective shares of A, B, C in annual profit of Rs. 40,500 are:
35. 3.5 can be expressed in terms of percentage as?
36. Anil spends 40% of his income on rent, 30% of the remaining on medicines and 20% of the remaining on education. If he saves Rs. 840 every month, then find his monthly salary?
37. A brick measures 20 cm * 10 cm * 7.5 cm how many bricks will be required for a wall 25 m * 2 m * 0.75 m?
38. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
39. How many numbers up to 100 and 300 are divisible by 11?
40. The simple interest accrued on an amount Rs.10,000 at the end of two years is same as the compound interest on Rs.8,000 at the end of two years. The rate of interest is same in both the cases. What is the rate of interest?
41. Two trains are running at 40 km/hr and 20 km/hr respectively in the same direction. Fast train completely passes a man sitting in the slower train in 5 sec. What is the length of the fast train?
42. What will be the compound interest on a sum of Rs. 25,000 after 3 years at the rate of 12% p.a.?
43. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that no two dice show the same number on them is -.
44. The base of a right triangle is 8 and hypotenuse is 10. Its area is?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. If 6 men and 8 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days while 26 men and 48 boys can do the same in 2 days, the time taken by 15 men and 20 boys in doing the same type of work will be?
47. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
48. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
49. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank in 6 hours. After working at it together for 2 hours. C is closed A and B can fill the remaining par in 7 hours. The number of hours taken by C alone to fill the tank is?
50. A man is 24 years older than his son. In two years, his age will be twice the age of his son. The present age of the son is: