Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
2. There are some rabbits and peacocks in a zoo. The total number of their heads is 60 and total number of their legs is 192. Find the number of total rabbits?
3. Salaries of Ravi and Sumit are in the ratio 2:3. If the salary of each is increased by Rs. 4000, the new ratio becomes 40:57. What is Sumit's present salary?
4. A dishonest dealer professes to sell goods at the cost price but uses a false weight and gains 25%. Find his false weight age?
5. HCF and LCM two numbers are 12 and 396 respectively. If one of the numbers is 36, then the other number is?
The smallest number when increased by " 1 " is exactly divisible by 12, 18, 24, 32 and 40 is:
7. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4 : 5 : 6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
8. If a trader sold two cars each at Rs. 325475 and gains 12% on the first and loses 12% on the second, then his profit or loss percent on the whole is?
9. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm formed by an arc of length 3.5 cm is?
10. Sonika deposited Rs.8000 which amounted to Rs.9200 after 3 years at simple interest. Had the interest been 2% more. She would get how much?
11. How many three letter words are formed using the letters of the word TIME?
12. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
13. Reena took a loan of Rs. 1200 with simple interest for as many years as the rate of interest. If she paid Rs. 432 as interest at the end of the loan period, what was the rate of interest?
14. The sum of a number and its reciprocal is one-eighth of 34. What is the product of the number and its square root?
15. A car started running at a speed of 30 km/hr and the speed of the car was increased by 2 km/hr at the end of every hour. Find the total distance covered by the car in the first 10 hours of the journey.
16. The probability that a number selected at random from the first 50 natural numbers is a composite number is -.
17. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 50 m and B beats C by 100 m. In the same race, by how many meters does A beat C?
18. A number when, 28 subtracted from it reduces to its one third. What is the value of 50% of that number?
19. The altitude of an equilateral triangle of side 2√3 cm is?
20. A train 150 m long running at 72 kmph crosses a platform in 25 sec. What is the length of the platform?
21. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
22. (272/4-3)-5/6 = ?
23. Two taps can separately fill a cistern 10 minutes and 15 minutes respectively and when the waste pipe is open, they can together fill it in 18 minutes. The waste pipe can empty the full cistern in?
24. A man complete a journey in 10 hrs. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km?
25. In a two-digit number, if it is known that its unit's digit exceeds its ten's digit by 2 and that the product of the given number and the sum of its digits is equal to 144, then the number is:
26. Sum of two numbers is 15. Two times of the first exceeds by 5 from the three times of the other. Then the numbers will be?
27. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
28. Anita, Indu and Geeta can do a piece of work in 18 days, 27 days and 36 days respectively. They start working together. After working for 4 days. Anita goes
away and Indu leaves 7 days before the work is finished. Only Geeta remains at work from beginning to end. In how many days was the whole work done?
29. The cross-section of a cannel is a trapezium in shape. If the cannel is 10 m wide at the top and 6 m wide at the bottom and the area of cross-section is 640 sq m, the depth of cannel is?
30. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
31. A boy has nine trousers and 12 shirts. In how many different ways can he select a trouser and a shirt?
32. What sum of money put at C.I amounts in 2 years to Rs.8820 and in 3 years to Rs.9261?
33. A delegation of 5 members has to be formed from 3 ladies and 5 gentlemen. In how many ways the delegation can be formed, if 2 particular ladies are always included in the delegation?
34. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs.4 less than half of the total amount. B's share is Rs.8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the which is Rs.14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
35. The average age of students of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years and that of the girls is 15.4 years. The ration of the number of boys to the number of girls in the class is:
36. (84 ÷ 14 ÷ 2 ÷ 9) * ? = 33⅓
37. The volume of a cube is 1728 cc. Find its surface.
38. 242 + 420 + 1611 + 647 equals
39. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
40. 5% people of a village in Sri Lanka died by bombardment, 15% of the remainder left the village on account of fear. If now the population is reduced to 3553, how much was it in the beginning?
41. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the figures 3, 4, 7, 0, 3?
42. If three eighth of a number is 141. What will be the approximately value of 32.08% of this number?
43. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5 : 4. If the income of the person is Rs. 18000, then find his savings.
44. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
45. A room is 6 meters 24 centimeters in length and 4 meters 32 centimeters in width. Find the least number of square tiles of equal size required to cover the entire floor of the room?
46. A tap can fill a tank in 6 hours. After half the tank is filled three more similar taps are opened. What is the total time taken to fill the tank completely?
47. 8/15 / 1 1/3 * 3 ?/4 = 1.5
48. The sum and the product of the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 20x + 3 = 0 are?
49. A tank is filled by three pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tank in the same during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone. The second pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than the first pipe and 4 hours slower than the third pipe. The time required by the first pipe is?
50. The average age of 15 students of a class is 15 years. Out of these, the average age of 5 students is 14 years and that of the other 9 students is 16 years. Tee age of the 15th student is: