Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
2. If 6 (A's capital) = 8 (B's capital) = 10 (C's capital). Then the ratio of their capitals is:
3. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. What is the total distance traveled by the man?
4. Two pipes can fill a tank in 18 minutes and 15 minutes. An outlet pipe can empty the tank in 45 minutes. If all the pipes are opened when the tank is empty, then how many minutes will it take to fill the tank?
5. A shopkeeper sells 20% of his stock at 10% profit ans sells the remaining at a loss of 5%. He incurred an overall loss of Rs. 400. Find the total worth of the stock?
6. Excluding stoppages, the average speed of a bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages, the average speed of the bus is 40 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
7. The surface of a cube is 24sq cm. Find its volume?
8. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 385 and of the last three is 1001. Find the fourth number?
9. A person travels equal distances with speeds of 3 km/hr, 4 km/hr and 5 km/hr and takes a total time of 47 minutes. The total distance is?
10. Find the sum The difference between the compound and S.I. on a certain sum of money for 2 years at 10% per annum is Rs.15of money?
11. Subtracting 30 from a number, the remainder is one fourth of the number. Find the number?
12. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4:5:6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
13. The average age of a husband and a wife is 23 years when they were married five years ago but now the average age of the husband, wife and child is 20 years(the child was born during the interval). What is the present age of the child?
14. 0.003 * ? * 0.0003 = 0.00000027
15. (800 / 64) * (1296 / 36) = ?
16. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
17. A is a working partner and B is a sleeping partner in the business. A puts in Rs.15000 and B Rs.25000, A receives 10% of the profit for managing the business
the rest being divided in proportion of their capitals. Out of a total profit of Rs.9600, money received by A is?
18. Two numbers are in the ratio 1:2. If 7 is added to both, their ratio changes to 3:5. The greatest number is:
19. Find the number which multiplied by 15 is increased by 196.
20. 79.98 / 12.51 * 2.49 = ?
21. A number is doubled and 9 is added. If the resultant is trebled, it becomes 75. What is that number?
22. The product of two natural numbers is 17. Then, the sum of the reciprocals of their squares is:
23. Find the simple interest on Rs.500 for 9 months at 6 paisa per month?
24. If two positive numbers are in the ratio 1/8 : 1/5, then by what percent is the second number more than the first?
25. Find the greatest number which is such that when 697, 909 and 1227 are divided by it, the remainders are all the same?
26. A bag contains a certain number of 50 paise coins, 20 paise coins and 10 paise coins inthe ratio 2:3:4. If the total value of all the coins in the bag is Rs.400, find the number of coins of each kind?
27. Sides of a rectangular park are in the ratio 3: 2 and its area is 3750 sq m, the cost of fencing it at 50 ps per meter is?
28. A bag contains a total of 93 coins in the form of one rupee and 50 paise coins. If the total value of coins in the bag is Rs.56, find the number of 50 paise coins in the bag?
29. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?
30. What is the sum of all the prime numbers from 20 to 40?
31. If the L.C.M of two numbers is 750 and their product is 18750, find the H.C.F of the numbers.
32. Out of 15 consecutive numbers, 2 are chosen at random. The probability that they are both odds or both primes is -.
33. If the sum of one-half of a number exceeds one-third of that number by 7 1/3, the number is:
34. 32% of 425 - ?% of 250 = 36
35. In what ratio should two varieties of sugar of Rs.18 per kg and Rs.24 kg be mixed together to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.20 per kg?
36. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
37. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
38. How much interest can a person get on Rs. 8200 at 17.5% p.a. simple interest for a period of two years and six months?
39. The area of sector of a circle whose radius is 12 metro and whose angle at the center is 42° is?
40. Find the least number which when divided by 35 and 11 leaves a remainder of 1 in each case.
41. If a man walks to his office at ¾ of his usual rate, he reaches office 1/3 of an hour late than usual. What is his usual time to reach office?
42. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
43. [(523 + 27) * (187 - 35) / (424 + 16)] / [110/22 of (2 * 38)] = ?
44. The ratio of the incomes of Chetan and Dinesh is 3 : 4. The ratio of their expenditures is 5 : 7. If each of them saves Rs. 200, find the incomes of both ?
45. If A:B:C = 2:3:4, then A/B : B/C : C/A is equal to:
46. The equal amounts of money are deposited in two banks each at 15% per annum for 3.5 years and 5 years respectively. If the difference between their interests is Rs.144, find the each sum?
47. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that atleast one bulb is good.
48. The difference between the two digit number and the number obtained by interchanging its digits is 54. The difference between the digits is?
49. The ratio between the radii of two spheres is 1:3. Find the ratio between their volumes?
50. A train 240 m long passed a pole in 24 sec. How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m long?