Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A and B enter into partnership with capital as 7:9. At the end of 8 months, A withdraws. If they receive the profits in the ratio of 8:9 find how long B's
capital was used?
2. If the C.I. on a sum for 2 years at 12 1/2 % per annum is Rs. 510, the S.I. on the same sum at the same rate for the same period of time is?
3. If three eighth of a number is 141. What will be the approximately value of 32.08% of this number?
4. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that exactly two dice show the same number on them is -.
5. A tap can fill a tank in 6 hours. After half the tank is filled three more similar taps are opened. What is the total time taken to fill the tank completely?
6. Sides of a rectangular park are in the ratio 3: 2 and its area is 3750 sq m, the cost of fencing it at 50 ps per meter is?
7. A man can row his boat with the stream at 6 km/h and against the stream in 4
km/h. The man's rate is?
8. On dividing a number by 68, we get 269 as quotient and 0 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 67, what will be the remainder?
9. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together but after 3 minutes A is turned off. After how much more time will the cistern be filled?
10. A man whose speed is 4.5 kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and
back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 kmph, find his average
speed for the total journey?
11. The average of four positive integers is 69. The highest integer is 93 and the least integer is 39. The difference between the remaining two integers is 28. Which of the following integers is the higher of the remaining two integers?
12. Kiran travels from A to B by car and returns from B to A by cycle in 7 hours. If he travels both ways by car he saves 3 hours. What is the time taken to cover both ways by cycle?
13. How many times the keys of a typewriter have to be pressed in order to write first 400 counting numbers?
14. A sum of money becomes triple itself in 5 years at simple interest. How many
years will it become six times at the same rate?
15. The inverse ratio of 3: 2: 1 is?
16. The average of 11 results is 50, if the average of first six results is 49 and that of the last six is 52. Find the sixth result?
17. (0.9 * 0.9 - 0.8 * 0.8)/1.7 = ?
18. What will be the cost of building a fence around a square plot with area equal to 289 sq ft, if the price per foot of building the fence is Rs. 58?
19. A sells a bicycle to B at a profit of 20%. B sells it to C at a profit of 25%. If C pays Rs. 225 for it, the cost price of the bicycle for A is:
20. Find the fraction which has the same ratio to 2/13 that 5/34 has to 7/48.
21. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
22. A, B and C have Rs.500 between them, A and C together have Rs.200 and B and C Rs.350. How much does C have?
23. The jogging track in a sports complex is 726 m in circumference. Deepak and his wife start from the same point and walk in opposite directions at 4.5 km/hr and 3.75 km/hr respectively. They will meet for the first time in?
24. The profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 832 is equal to the loss incurred when the same article is sold for Rs. 448. What should be the sale price for making 50% profit?
25. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
26. Amar, Bhavan and Chetan divide an amount of Rs. 5600 among themselves in the ratio 3 : 6 : 5. If an amount of Rs. 400 is deducted from each of their shares, what will be the new ratio of their shares of the amount?
27. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
28. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
29. What is the perimeter of a square field whose diagonal is 8√2?
30. By selling a house for Rs.45000, it was found that 1/8 of the outlay was gained, what ought the selling to price to have been in order to have lost 5 p.c?
31. If 4 2/3 is subtracted form 10 1/2 and the difference is multiplied by 450, then what is the final answer?
32. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?
33. The wheels revolve round a common horizontal axis. They make 15, 20 and 48 revolutions in a minute respectively. Starting with a certain point on the circumference down wards. After what interval of time will they come together
in the same position?
34. LCM of 1/3, 5/6, 5/4, 10/7 is:
35. If rupee one produces rupees nine over a period of 40 years, find the rate of simple interest?
36. A person was asked to state his age in years. His reply was, "Take my age three years hence, multiply it by 3 and then subtract three times my age three years ago and you will know how old I am." What was the age of the person?
37. A group consists of 4 men, 6 women and 5 children. In how many ways can 3 men, 2 women and 3 children selected from the given group?
38. The third proportional to 1 and 2 is?
39. Which of the following is the greatest?
40. A trader marks his articles 20% more than the cost price. If he allows 20% discount, then find his gain or loss percent?
41. A sum of money invested at C.I. amounts to Rs. 800 in 3 years to Rs. 840 in 4 years. The rate of interest per annum is?
42. The ratio of the cost price and the selling price is 4:5. The profit percent is:
43. Eighteen years ago, a father was three times as old as his son. Now the father is only twice as old his son. Then the sum of the present ages of the son and the father is:
44. A garrison of 2000 men has provisions for 54 days. At the end of 15 days, a reinforcement arrives, and it is now found that the provisions will last only for 20 days more. What is the reinforcement?
45. A person invested in all Rs. 2600 at 4%, 6% and 8% per annum simple interest. At the end of the year, he got the same interest in all the three cases. The money invested at 4% is?
46. Two persons A and B can complete a piece of work in 30 days and 45 days respectively. If they work together, what part of the work will be completed in 3 days?
47. A single discount equivalent to the discount series of 20%, 10% and 5% is?
48. The perimeter of a rhombus is 68 cm and one of its diagonals is 16 cm. Find its area?
49. Kim can do a work in 3 days while David can do the same work in 2 days. Both of them finish the work together and get Rs. 150. What is the share of Kim?
50. Find the cost of fencing around a circular field of diameter 28 m at the rate of Rs.1.50 a meter?