Time Left: 00:50:00
1. How many figures are required for numbering the pages of a book containing 1000 pages?
2. The tens digit of a two-digit number is two more than its unit digit. The two-digit number is 7 times the sum of the digits. Find the units digits?
3. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: 2x2 + 3x - 9 = 0?
4. There are three numbers. 5/7th of the first number is equal to 48% of the second number. The second number is 1/9th of the third number. If the third number is 1125, then find 25% of the first number?
5. Two cars P and Q start at the same time from A and B which are 120 km apart. If the two cars travel in opposite directions, they meet after one hour and if they travel in same direction (from A towards B), then P meets Q after 6 hours. What is the speed of car P?
6. What is the rate percent when the simple interest on Rs.800 amount to Rs.160 in 4 Years?
7. Ravi can do a piece of work in 30 days while Prakash can do it in 40 days. In how many days will they finish it together?
8. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case.
9. If x % of 80 = 20% of y, then x = ? and y = ?
10. The incomes of two persons A and B are in the ratio 3:4. If each saves Rs.100 per month, the ratio of their expenditures is 1:2 . Find their incomes?
11. [(7 * 9) + (2 * 12) + 3]/[(12 * 3) + (81/9)] = ?
12. The difference between simple interest and C.I. at the same rate for Rs.5000 for 2 years in Rs.72. The rate of interest is?
13. The average amount with a group of seven numbers is Rs. 20. If the newly joined member has Rs. 50 with him, what was the average amount with the group before his joining the group?
14. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 3x2 - 7x - 6 = 0?
15. A can finish a piece of work in 5 days. B can do it in 10 days. They work together for two days and then A goes away. In how many days will B finish the
16. How many paying stones, each measuring 2 1/2 m * 2 m are required to pave a rectangular court yard 30 m long and 16 1/2 m board?
17. The dimensions of an open box are 52, 40 and 29 cms. Its thickness is 2 cms. If 1 cm3 of metal used in the box weighs 0.5 gms, the weight of the box
18. A is two years older than B who is twice as old as C. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, then how old is B?
19. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
20. The ratio of the present ages of Giri and Hari is 5:8. 12 years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11:14. Find the difference in their present ages?
21. In a flight of 600 km, an aircraft was slowed down due to bad weather. Its average speed for the trip was reduced by 200 km/hr and the time of flight increased by 30 minutes. The duration of the flight is?
22. A, B and C can do a work in 90, 30 and 45 days respectively. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
23. The cash difference between the selling prices of an article at a profit of 4% and 6% is Rs. 3. The ratio of the two selling prices is:
24. Find the greatest number which leaves the same remainder when it divides 25, 57 and 105.
25. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
26. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
27. A garrison of 2000 men has provisions for 54 days. At the end of 15 days, a reinforcement arrives, and it is now found that the provisions will last only for 20 days more. What is the reinforcement?
28. Find the least number of five digits which is exactly divisible by 12, 15 and 18?
29. Using all the letters of the word "NOKIA", how many words can be formed, which begin with N and end with A?
30. The population of a town is 45000; 5/9th of them are males and the rest females 40% of the males are married. What is the percentage of married females?
31. A money lender lends Rs.2000 for six months at 20% p.a. rate. It the interest is reckoned quarterly than find the amount given after time limit.
32. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
33. A man complete a journey in 10 hrs. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km?
34. 15% of 195 + 14% of 205 = ?
35. If selling price is doubled, the profit triples. Find the profit percent:
36. The cost price of a radio is Rs.1500 and it was sold for Rs.1230, find the loss %?
37. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
38. The average age of 8 men increases by 2 years when two women are included in place of two men of ages 20 and 24 years. Find the average age of the women?
39. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24 days, 30 days and 40 days respectively. They began the work together but C left 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days was the work completed?
40. The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 1920 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1280. At what price should the article be sold to make 25% profit?
41. How many numbers up to 100 and 300 are divisible by 11?
42. Four car rental agencies A, B, C and D rented a plot for parking their cars during the night. A parked 15 cars for 12 days, B parked 12 cars for 20 days, C parked 18 cars for 18 days and D parked 16 cars for 15 days. If A paid Rs. 1125 as rent for parking his cars, what is the total rent paid by all the four agencies?
43. There is 60% increase in an amount in 6 years at S.I. What will be the C.I. of Rs. 12,000 after 3 years at the same rate?
44. Find the amount on Rs.5000 in 2 years, the rate of interest being 4% per first year and 5% for the second year?
45. Find the area of a rhombus whose side is 25 cm and one of the diagonals is 30 cm?
46. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
47. Present ages of X and Y are in the ratio 5:6 respectively. Seven years hence this ratio will become 6:7 respectively. What is X's present age in years?
48. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is?
49. A man was employed on the promise that he will be paid the highest wages per day. The contract money to be paid was Rs. 1189. Finally he was paid only Rs. 1073. For how many days did he actually work?
50. 40 is subtracted from 60% of a number, the result is 50. Find the number?