Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
2. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. When he had worked for 2 days B joins him. If the complete work was finished in 8 days. In how many days B alone can
finish the work?
3. A number when, 28 subtracted from it reduces to its one third. What is the value of 50% of that number?
4. If x = √196 + √200, then x/2 + 2/x is?
5. Find the least number by which (59)(36)(17) has to be multiplied to obtain a perfect square?
6. There is 60% increase in an amount in 6 years at S.I. What will be the C.I. of Rs. 12,000 after 3 years at the same rate?
7. If 12 men can reap 120 acres of land in 36 days, how many acres of land can 54 men reap in 54 days?
8. A can do a piece of work in 4 hours; B and C together can do it in 3 hours, which A and C together can do it in 2 hours. How long will B alone take to do it?
9. The sum and the product of the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 20x + 3 = 0 are?
10. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected if it should have at least one senior?
11. A and B can finish a work in 16 days while A alone can do the same work in 24 days. In how many days B alone will complete the work?
12. A man sells two articles for Rs.3600 each and he gains 30% on the first and loses 30% on the next. Find his total gain or loss?
13. Solve for m if 36 (6m) = (216)3m+4
14. Rs. 1300 is divided into three parts A, B and C. How much A is more than C if their ratio is 1/2:1/3:1/4?
15. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
16. How many numbers up to 500 are divisible by 23?
17. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
18. Pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 8 and 24 minutes respectively. They are opened an alternate minutes. Find how many minutes, the cistern shall be full?
19. The number obtained by interchanging the two digits of a two-digit number is less than the original number by 45. If the sum of the two digits of the number so obtained is 13, then what is the original number?
20. Seats for Mathematics, Physics and Biology in a school are in the ratio 5:7:8. There is a proposal to increase these seats by 40%, 50% and 75% respectively. What will be the ratio of increased seats?
21. Twelve men and six women together can complete a piece of work in four days. The work done by a women in one day is half the work done by a man in one day. If 12 men and six women started working and after two days, six men left and six women joined, then in hoe many more days will the work be completed?
22. Sum of the digits number is 8 and their product is 12. Find the difference between the digits?
23. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting a group of eight persons?
24. If a: b = 7: 5, b: c = 9: 11, find a: b: c?
25. In a party there are 5 couples. Out of them 5 people are chosen at random. Find the probability that there are at the least two couples?
26. A dealer purchased an article at 3/4 of its list price and sold 50% more than the list price. Find his gain percent?
27. The difference between simple interest and C.I. at the same rate for Rs.5000 for 2 years in Rs.72. The rate of interest is?
28. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
29. The ratio of the ages of Anil and his son at present is 7 : 3. Six years hence, the ratio of the ages of the Anil's wife and the son will be 2 : 1. Find the ratio of the present ages of Anil and his wife?
30. In finding the HCF of two numbers, the last divisor was 41 and the successive quotients, starting from the first, where 2, 4 and 2. The numbers are?
31. A bag contains five white and four red balls. Two balls are picked at random from the bag. What is the probability that they both are different color?
32. Find out the C.I on Rs.5000 at 4% p.a. compound half-yearly for 1 1/2 years.
33. The average of first 10 odd numbers is?
34. The radius of a circular wheel is 1.75 m, how many revolutions will it make in traveling 1 km?
35. A walks around a circular field at the rate of one round per hour while B runs around it at the rate of six rounds per hour. They start in the same direction from the same point at 7.30 a.m. They shall first cross each other at?
36. P alone can complete a piece of work in 6 days. Work done by Q alone in one day is equal to one-third of the work done by P alone in one day. In how many days can the work be completed if P and Q work together?
37. (22 * 495 + 891 * 44) / (33 * 176 + 55 * 264) = ?
38. 58978 / 363.94 * 11.02 = ?
39. A and B together can do a piece of work in 8 days. If A alone can do the same work in 12 days, then B alone can do the same work in?
40. Find the expenditure on digging a well 14m deep and of 3m diameter at Rs.15 per cubic meter?
41. The cost price of 13 articles is equal to the selling price of 11 articles. Find the profit percent?
42. In how many years will a sum of money doubles itself at 5% per annum on simple interest?
43. The ratio of the length and the breadth of a rectangle is 4 : 3 and the area of the rectangle is 6912 sq cm. Find the ratio of the breadth and the area of the rectangle?
44. How much time will a train of length 200 m moving at a speed of 72 kmph take to cross another train of length 300 m, moving at 36 kmph in the same direction?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. Mohan's salary was first increased by 20% and then decreased by 20%. If his present salary is Rs. 7200, then what was his original salary?
47. The ratio of the present ages of P and Q is 3:4. 5 years ago, the ratio of their ages was 5:7. Find the their present ages?
48. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
49. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days; 13 men and 24 boys can do it in 4 days, then the ratio of the daily work done by a man to that of a boy is?
50. pipes P and Q would fill a cistern 18 and 24 minutes respectively. Both pipes being opened, find when the first pipe must be turned off so that the cistern may be just filled in 12 minutes?