Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
2. A watch was sold at a loss of 10%. If it was sold for Rs.140 more, there would have been a gain of 4%. What is the cost price?
3. If y exceeds x by 20%, then x is less than y by?
4. The average age of seven persons sitting in a row facing east is 28 years. If the average age of the first three persons is 21 years and the average age of the last three persons is 34 years, then find the age of the person sitting in the middle of the row?
5. A pupil's marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is:
6. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 4 and 5 hours respectively. If they are turned up alternately for one hour each, the time taken to fill the tank is?
7. 31.2 * 14.5 * 9.6 = ?
8. ³√?/9261 = 11/21
9. The number of sequences in which 7 players can throw a ball, so that the youngest player may not be the last is -.
10. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
11. Rs.1500 is divided into two parts such that if one part is invested at 6% and the other at 5% the whole annual interest from both the sum is Rs.85. How much was lent at 5%?
12. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
13. The ratio of investments of two partners P and Q is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10. If P invested the money for 5 months, find for how much time
did Q invest the money?
14. Dacid obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out of 100) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. What are his average marks?
15. If goods be purchased for Rs.840 and one-fourth be sold at a loss of 20% at what gain percent should the remainder be sold so as to gain 20% on the whole transaction?
16. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting 2 men and 3 women from the given committee?
17. A number consists of 3 digit whose sum is 10. The middle digit is equal to the sum of the other two and the number will be increased by 99 if its digits are reversed. The number is:
18. Find the number of ways of arranging the letters of the word "MATERIAL" such that all the vowels in the word are to come together?
19. Two varieties of wheat - A and B costing Rs. 9 per kg and Rs. 15 per kg were mixed in the ratio 3 : 7. If 5 kg of the mixture is sold at 25% profit, find the profit made?
20. A rectangular grass field is 75 m * 55 m, it has a path of 2.5 m wide all round it on the outside. Find the area of the path and the cost of constructing it at
Rs.2 per sq m?
21. 6 2/3 * 9 3/5 * 2 1/3 + 1 1/3 = ?
22. A water tank is two-fifth full. Pipe A can fill a tank in 10 minutes and pipe B can empty it in 6 minutes. If both the pipes are open, how long will it take to empty or fill the tank completely?
23. The ratio of the present ages of Giri and Hari is 5:8. 12 years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11:14. Find the difference in their present ages?
24. If population of certain city increases at the rate of 5%. If population in 1981 was 138915, then population in 1978 was?
25. An amount of Rs. 100000 is invested in two types of shares. The first yields an interest of 9% p.a and the second, 11% p.a. If the total interest at the end of one year is 9 3/4 %, then the amount invested in each share was?
26. A sum of money becomes 7/6 of itself in 3 years at a certain rate of simple interest. The rate per annum is?
27. Present ages of Sameer and Anand are in the ratio of 5:4 respectively. Three years hence, the ratio of their ages will become 11:9 respectively. What is Anand's present age in years?
28. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs. 6.50 per kg. What will be his gain percent?
29. If the roots of a quadratic equation are 20 and -7, then find the equation?
30. Ayesha's father was 38 years of age when she was born while her mother was 36 years old when her brother four years younger to her was born. What is the difference between the ages of her parents?
31. Six points are marked on a straight line and five points are marked on another line which is parallel to the first line. How many straight lines, including the first two, can be formed with these points?
32. Two trains of equal length, running with the speeds of 60 and 40 kmph, take 50 seconds to cross each other while they are running in the same direction. What
time will they take to cross each other if they are running in opposite directions?
33. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
34. What will be the ratio of simple interest earned by certain amount at the same rate of interest for 6 years and that for 9 years?
35. The price of an article has been reduced by 25%. In order to restore the original price the new price must be increased by?
36. A man complete a journey in 10 hrs. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km?
37. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
38. The average of first 10 natural numbers is?
39. The age of father 10 years ago was thrice the age of his son. Ten years hence, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
40. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting a group of eight persons?
41. If a train, travelling at a speed of 90 kmph, crosses a pole in 5 sec, then the length of train is?
42. A certain sum of money is divided among A, B and C so that for each Rs. A has, B has 65 paisa and C 40 paisa. If C's share is Rs.40, find the sum of money?
43. The length of rectangle is thrice its breadth and its perimeter is 96 m, find the area of the rectangle?
44. Solve for m if 36 (6m) = (216)3m+4
45. 50 men can complete a work in 65 days.Five days after started the work, 20 men left the group. In how many days can the remaining work be completed?
46. A room is 4 meters 37 cm long and 3 meters 23cm broad. It is required to pave the floor with minimum square slabs. Find the number of slabs required for this purpose?
47. Two third of three- fifth of one fourth of a number is 24, what is 30% of that number?
48. The sum of money at compound interest amounts to thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it be 9 times itself?
49. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
50. A train passes a station platform in 36 sec and a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr. What is the length of the platform?