Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the average of all the numbers between 6 and 34 which are divisible by 5.
2. The average of runs of a cricket player of 10 innings was 32. How many runs must he make in his next innings so as to increase his average of runs by 4?
3. If the C.I. on a sum for 2 years at 12 1/2 % per annum is Rs. 510, the S.I. on the same sum at the same rate for the same period of time is?
4. How many numbers up to 500 are divisible by 23?
5. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
6. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4 : 5 : 6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
7. On a sum of money, the S.I. for 2 years is Rs. 660, while the C.I. is Rs. 696.30, the rate of interest being the same in both the cases. The rate of interest is?
8. Two trains are moving in the same direction at 72 kmph and 36 kmph. The faster train crosses a man in the slower train in 27 seconds. Find the length of the faster train?
9. An order was placed for the supply of a carpet whose breadth was 6 m and length was 1.44 times the breadth. What be the cost of a carpet whose length and breadth are 40% more and 25% more respectively than the first carpet. Given that the ratio of carpet is Rs. 45 per sq m?
10. In a covering a certain distance, the speeds of A and B are in the ratio of 3:4. A takes 30 minutes more than B to reach the destination. The time taken by A to reach the destination is?
11. The sum of the ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
12. If the perimeter of a rectangular garden is 600 m, its length when its breadth is 100 m is?
13. In a game of billiards, A can give B 20 points in 60 and he can give C 30 points in 60. How many points can B give C in a game of 100?
14. An automobile financier claims to be lending money at S.I., but he includes the interest every six months for calculating the principal. If he is charging an interest of 10%, the effective rate of interest becomes?
15. The ratio of the cost price and the selling price is 4:5. The profit percent is:
16. A river 2m deep and 45 m wide is flowing at the rate of 3 kmph the amount of water that runs into the sea per minute is?
17. 32% of 425 - ?% of 250 = 36
18. What annual payment will discharge a debt of Rs. 1025 due in 2 years at the rate of 5% compound interest?
19. A sum of money becomes 7/6 of itself in 3 years at a certain rate of simple interest. The rate per annum is?
20. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
21. In a bag, there are coins of 25 p, 10 p and 5 p in the ratio of 1:2:3. If there are Rs. 30 in all, how many 5 p coins are there?
22. Find the least number which when divided by 35 and 11 leaves a remainder of 1 in each case.
23. I. a2 - 7a + 12 = 0, II. b2 - 3b + 2 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
24. Train X crosses a stationary train Y in 60 seconds and a pole in 25 seconds with the same speed. The length of the train X is 300 m. What is the length of the stationary train Y?
25. A and B start a business, with A investing the total capital of Rs.50000, on the condition that B pays A interest @ 10% per annum on his half of the capital. A is a working partner and receives Rs.1500 per month from the total profit and any profit remaining is equally shared by both of them. At the end of the year, it was found that the income of A is twice that of B. Find the total profit for the year?
26. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q -r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
27. A cube of side one meter length is cut into small cubes of side 10 cm each. How many such small cubes can be obtained?
28. 5/8 * 2(2/5 - 5/4) / 1 1/4 = ?
29. The average mark of the students of a class in a particular exam is 80. If 5 students whose average mark in that exam is 40 are excluded, the average mark of the remaining will be 90. Find the number of students who wrote the exam.
30. By travelling at 40 kmph, a person reaches his destination on time. He covered two-third the total distance in one-third of the total time. What speed should he maintain for the remaining distance to reach his destination on time?
31. Three number are in the ratio 5:6:7. The sum of its largest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
32. I. x2 + 5x + 6 = 0, II. y2 + 9y +14 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
33. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 7 days, 14 days and 28 days respectively. How long will they taken, if all the three work together?
34. Sonika deposited Rs.8000 which amounted to Rs.9200 after 3 years at simple interest. Had the interest been 2% more. She would get how much?
35. The sum of the present ages of father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
36. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
37. (743.30)2 = ?
38. [(523 + 27) * (187 - 35) / (424 + 16)] / [110/22 of (2 * 38)] = ?
39. Find the sum lend at C.I. at 5 p.c per annum will amount to Rs.441 in 2 years?
40. In an examination, 47% failed in English and 54% failed in Mathematics. Find the pass percentage in both the subjects if 31% failed in both the subjects?
41. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
42. The average age of a husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
43. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected if it should have at least one senior?
44. In a mixture of 60 liters, the ratio of milk and water is 2:1. What amount of water must be added to make the ratio of milk and water as 1:2?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: x2 + 2x - 15 = 0?
47. A person travels equal distances with speeds of 3 km/hr, 4 km/hr and 5 km/hr and takes a total time of 47 minutes. The total distance is?
48. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
49. 35 + 15 * 1.5 = ?
50. The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean is: