Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 km/hr and including stoppages, it is 45 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
2. A salt manufacturing company produced a total of 5000 tonnes of salt in January of a particular year. Starting from February its production increased by 100 tonnes every month over the previous months until the end of the year. Find its average monthly production for that year?
3. The least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 20% C.I. will be more than doubled is?
4. By selling an umbrella for Rs. 300, a shop keeper gains 20%. During a clearance sale, the shopkeeper allows a discount of 10% on the marked price. His gain percent during the sale is:
5. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. How far is the place?
6. 15 men take 21 days of 8 hours each to do a piece of work. How many days of 6 hours each would 21 women take to do the same. If 3 women do as much work as 2
7. The cost of 2 chairs and 3 tables is Rs.1300. The cost of 3 chairs and 2 tables is Rs.1200. The cost of each table is more than that of each chair by?
8. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2 : 3, then find the number of pens that D gets ?
9. Simplify the 121 * 175 + 363 * 275
10. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3 : 2 : 4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21 ?
11. How many seconds will a train 100 meters long take to cross a bridge 150 meters long if the speed of the train is 36 kmph?
12. A pump can fill a tank with water in 2 hours. Because of a leak, it took 2 1/3 hours to fill the tank. The leak can drain all the water of the tank in?
13. A train sets off at 2 p.m. at the speed of 70 kmph. Another train starts at 3:30 p.m. in the same direction at the rate of 85 kmph. At what time the trains will meet?
14. A fort of 2000 soldiers has provisions for 50 days. After 10 days some of them left and the food was now enough for the same period of 50 days as before. How
many of them left?
15. A drink vendor has 80 liters of Maaza, 144 liters of Pepsi and 368 liters of Sprite. He wants to pack them in cans, so that each can contains the same number of liters of a drink, and doesn't want to mix any two drinks in a can. What is the least number of cans required?
16. 20% of 40 + ? % of 80 = 120
17. 8988 / 8 / 4 = ?
18. 6.4 * 1.25 = (?)3
19. A and B’s salaries together amount to Rs. 2,000. A spends 95% of his salary and B spends 85% of his. If now their savings are the same, what is A’s salary?
20. The roots of the equation 3x2 - 12x + 10 = 0 are?
21. Three consecutive odd integers are in increasing order such that the sum of the last two integers is 13 more than the first integer. Find the three integers?
22. How much time will take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
23. Which one of the following is the least number of four digits divisible by 71?
24. A can do a piece of work in 10 days. He works at it for 4 days and then B finishes it in 9 days. In how many days can A and B together finish the work?
25. The average age of three boys is 15 years and their ages are in proportion 3:5:7. What is the age in years of the youngest boy?
26. What will be the difference between simple and compound interest at 10% per annum on a sum of Rs. 1000 after 4 years?
27. A sum of money placed at C.I. interest doubles itself in 5 years. It will amount to eight times itself at the same rate of interest in?
28. Two trains are moving in opposite directions at 60 km/hr and 90 km/hr. Their lengths are 1.10 km and 0.9 km respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster train in seconds is?
29. Ramesh purchased a refrigerator for Rs. 12500 after getting a discount of 20% on the labelled price. He spent Rs. 125 on transport and Rs. 250 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 10% if no discount was offered?
30. What is the least number, which is perfect square but contains 2700 as its factor?
31. A man spends 10% of his income in house rent, 20% of the rest on his children’s education, 25% of the rest miscellaneous causes. If he now posses Rs. 1944 then his income is?
32. ³√?/9261 = 11/21
33. The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean is:
34. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the two digits is 63. Which is the smaller of the two numbers?
35. 3 men, 4 women and 6 children can complete a work in 7 days. A woman does double the work a man does and a child does half the work a man does. How many women alone can complete this work in 7 days?
36. At what rate percent per annum will the simple interest on a sum of money be 2/5 of the amount in 10 years?
37. How many numbers up to 300 and 700 are divisible by 2, 3 and 7 both together?
38. The speed of a car is 90 km in the first hour and 60 km in the second hour. What is the average speed of the car?
39. Find the number which multiplied by 15 is increased by 196.
40. A boy has nine trousers and 12 shirts. In how many different ways can he select a trouser and a shirt?
41. The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average of the team?
42. The sum and the product of two numbers are 25 and 144 respectively, the difference of the number is?
43. A building contractor employs 20 male, 15 female and 5 child workers. To a male worker he pays Rs.25 per day, to a female worker Rs.20 per day and a child worker Rs.8 per day. The average wage per day paid by the contractor is?
44. A tank is filled by three pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tank in the same during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone. The second pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than the first pipe and 4 hours slower than the third pipe. The time required by the first pipe is?
45. In each of the following numbers, what should be the missing digit in the indicated place such that the number is a multiple of 11?
46. A sun is divided among X, Y and Z in such a way that for each rupee X gets, Y gets 45 paisa and Z gets 30 paisa. If the share of Y is RS. 27, what is the
47. A certain sum is invested at simple interest at 18% p.a. for two years instead of investing at 12% p.a. for the same time period. Therefore the interest received is more by Rs. 840. Find the sum?
48. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
49. A car covers a distance of 624 km in 6 ½ hours. Find its speed?
50. The least square number which divides 8, 12 and 18 is?