Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The total age of A and B is 12 years more than the total age of B and C. C is how many years younger than A?
2. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
3. A man sells two articles for Rs.3600 each and he gains 30% on the first and loses 30% on the next. Find his total gain or loss?
4. If 4 2/3 is subtracted form 10 1/2 and the difference is multiplied by 450, then what is the final answer?
5. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2:3, then find the number of pens that D gets?
6. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
7. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
8. The spherical ball of lead 3 cm in diameter is melted and recast into 3 spherical balls. The diameters of two of these are 1 ½ cm and 2 cm respectively. The
diameter of third ball is?
9. If x = √3 - √2, then find (x - 1/x)2
10. Vijay lent out an amount Rs. 10000 into two parts, one at 8% p.a. and the remaining at 10% p.a. both on simple interest. At the end of the year he received Rs. 890 as total interest. What was the amount he lent out at 8% pa.a?
11. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
12. A can do a piece of work in 21 days and B in 28 days. Together they started the work and B left after 4 days. In how many days can A alone do the remaining work?
13. Find the least number which when divide by 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 7 leaves no remainder?
14. A train 150 m long running at 72 kmph crosses a platform in 25 sec. What is the length of the platform?
15. Find the greatest number which leaves the same remainder when it divides 25, 57 and 105.
16. A certain sum of money is invested for one year at a certain rate of simple interest. If the rate of interest is 3% higher, then the invest earned will be 25% more than the interest earned earlier. What is the earlier rate of interest?
17. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
18. In a bag there are coins of 50 paisa, 25 paisa and one rupee in the proportion 5:6:2. If there are in all Rs.42, the number of 25 paisa coins is?
19. Simplify : (y4b-a . y4c-b . y4a-c) / (ya . yb . yc)3
20. If the price of an article went up by 20%, then by what percent should it be brought down to bring it back to its original price?
21. Two-third of a positive number and 25/216 of its reciprocal are equal. The number is:
22. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that all the three show the same number on them is -.
23. A man gets a simple interest of Rs.500 on a certain principal at the rate of 5% p.a in two years. Find the compound interest the man will get on twice the principal in two years at the same rate.
24. What will be the difference between simple and compound interest at 10% per annum on a sum of Rs. 1000 after 4 years?
25. What is the sum of the local values of the digits 2, 3, 4, 5 in the number 2345?
26. When 732 is subtracted form the square of a number, the answer that is obtained is 5280. What is the number?
27. Mohit sold an article for Rs. 18000. Had he offered a discount of 10% on the selling price, he would have earned a profit of 8%. What is the cost price of the article?
28. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
29. 10 books are placed at random in a shelf. The probability that a pair of books will always be together is -.
30. A and B together can do a work in 6 days. If A alone can do it in 15 days. In how many days can B alone do it?
31. The length of a rectangular plot is thrice its breadth. If the area of the rectangular plot is 867 sq m, then what is the breadth of the rectangular plot?
32. 21345 * 45 = 4270 * ?
33. The area of the floor of a room is 20 m2 that of a longer wall 15 m2 and of the shorter wall 12 m2, find the edge of the new cube?
34. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a train is 45 kmph and including stoppages it is 36 kmph. Of how many minutes does the train stop per hour?
35. The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F is 13. The number of such pairs is:
36. Which of the following is the greatest?
37. What are the number of ways to select 3 men and 2 women such that one man and one woman are always selected?
38. The greatest number of five digits which is divisible by 32, 36, 40, 42 and 48 is:
39. A man saves 20% of his monthly salary. If an account of dearness of things he is to increase his monthly expenses by 20%, he is only able to save Rs. 200 per month. What is his monthly salary?
40. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?
41. LCM of 455, 117, 338 is:
42. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 20% and its denominator is diminished by 25% value of the fraction is 2/15. Find the original fraction.
43. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
44. (112 * 54) = ?
45. A sum of money becomes triple itself in 5 years at simple interest. How many
years will it become six times at the same rate?
46. 6.4 * 1.25 = (?)3
47. Which of the following groups of fractions is in descending order?
48. A boy rides his bicycle 10 km at an average speed of 12 km/hr and again travels 12 km at an average speed of 10 km/hr. His average speed for the entire trip is approximately?
49. A batsman in his 17th innings makes a score of 85 and their by increasing his average by 3. What is his average after the 17thinnings?
50. 666 / 6 / 3 = ?