Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Avinash is twice as fast as Bharat, and Bharat is one-third as fast as Chandra. If together they can complete a piece of work in 30 days, in how many days can Avinash, Bharat and Chandra do the work respectively?
2. The profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 832 is equal to the loss incurred when the same article is sold for Rs. 448. What should be the sale price for making 50% profit?
3. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 9:17. The first number is:
4. Rahim bought 65 books for Rs.1150 from one shop and 50 books for Rs.920 from another. What is the average price he paid per book ?
5. Two pipes can fill a tank in 18 minutes and 15 minutes. An outlet pipe can empty the tank in 45 minutes. If all the pipes are opened when the tank is empty, then how many minutes will it take to fill the tank?
6. The C.P of 15 books is equal to the S.P of 18 books. Find his gain% or loss%?
7. Krishan and Nandan jointly started a business. Krishan invested three times as Nandan did and invested his money for double time as compared to Nandan. Nandan earned Rs. 4000. If the gain is proportional to the money invested and the time for which the money is invested then the total gain was?
8. Find the least square number which is divisible by 10, 12, 15 and 18?
9. How long does a train 110 m long running at the speed of 72 km/hr takes to cross a bridge 132 m length?
10. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
11. 21345 * 45 = 4270 * ?
12. Out of 15 consecutive numbers, 2 are chosen at random. The probability that they are both odds or both primes is -.
13. The time taken by a man to row his boat upstream is twice the time taken by him to row the same distance downstream. If the speed of the boat in still water is 42 kmph, find the speed of the stream?
14. (22 * 495 + 891 * 44) / (33 * 176 + 55 * 264) = ?
15. If a : b = 4 : 1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b).
16. Two numbers are respectively 20% and 25% more than a third number. The percentage that is first of the second is?
17. If four coins are tossed, the probability of getting two heads and two tails is -.
18. 10 camels cost as much as 24 horses, 16 horses cost as much as 4 oxen and 6 oxen as much as 4 elephants. If the cost of 10 elephants is Rs.170000, find the cost of a camel?
19. A mixture of 150 liters of wine and water contains 20% water. How much more water should be added so that water becomes 25% of the new mixture?
20. Find the ratio of the curved surfaces of two cylinders of same heights if their radii are in the ratio 1:2.
21. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9% p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
22. Walking 7/6 of his usual rate, a boy reaches his school 4 min early. Find his usual time to reach the school?
23. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 15 days, C and A in 20 days. If A, B and C work together, they will complete the work in?
24. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 2x2 + 5x + 2 = 0?
25. [(√7 + √5) / ( (√7 - √5)] + [(√7 - √5) / (√7 + √5)] = ?
26. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
27. What is the sum of all the prime numbers from 20 to 40?
28. Two trains are moving in opposite directions at 60 km/hr and 90 km/hr. Their lengths are 1.10 km and 0.9 km respectively. The time taken by the slower train to cross the faster train in seconds is?
29. Amar takes as much time in running 18 meters as a car takes in covering 48 meters. What will be the distance covered by Amar during the time the car covers 1.6 km?
30. Rs.525 among A, B and C such that B may get 2/3 of A and C together get. Find the share of C?
31. 64309 - 8703 + 798 - 437 = ?
32. Five men and nine women can do a piece of work in 10 days. Six men and twelve women can do the same work in 8 days. In how many days can three men and three women do the work?
33. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
34. If x = 3 - √7, then find the value of x + 1/x.
35. 1252 * 23 + 35000 = (?)2
Least perfect square number, exactly divisible by 21, 36 and 56 is?
37. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
38. Solve for m if 36 (6m) = (216)3m+4
39. The product of two successive numbers is 4556. Which of the following is the larger of the two numbers?
40. A part of certain sum of money is invested at 9% per annum and the rest at 12% per annum, if the interest earned in each case for the same period is equal, then ratio of the sums invested is?
41. The area of a parallelogram is 128sq m and its altitude is twice the corresponding base. Then the length of the base is?
42. The current of a stream runs at the rate of 4 kmph. A boat goes 6 km and back to
the starting point in 2 hours, then find the speed of the boat in still water?
43. What sum of money put at C.I amounts in 2 years to Rs.8820 and in 3 years to Rs.9261?
44. The sum of two numbers is 528 and their H.C.F is 33. The number of pairs of numbers satisfying the above conditions is:
45. What is the difference between the C.I. on Rs. 5000 for 1 1/2 years at 4% per annum compounded yearly and half-yearly?
46. Which of the following groups of fractions is in descending order?
47. Find the nearest to 25268 which is exactly divisible by 467?
48. 5 men are equal to as many women as are equal to 8 boys. All of them earn Rs.90 only. Men’s wages are?
49. H.C.F of 3240, 3600 and a third number is 36 and their L.C.M is 24 * 35 * 52 * 72. The third number is:
50. Two goods trains each 500 m long are running in opposite directions on parallel tracks. Their speeds are 45 km/hr and 30 km/hr respectively. Find the time taken by the slower train to pass the driver of the faster one?