Time Left: 00:50:00
1. 12(13/18) + 16(11/27) - 10(5/9) = ?
2. If x = √3 - √2, then find (x - 1/x)2
3. 96 is divided into two parts in such a way that seventh part of first and ninth part of second are equal. Find the smallest part?
4. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
5. If the price of gold increases by 50%, find by how much the quantity of ornaments must be reduced, so that the expenditure may remain the same as before?
6. A man purchased 3 blankets @ Rs.100 each, 5 blankets @ Rs.150 each and two blankets at a certain rate which is now slipped off from his memory. But he remembers that the average price of the blankets was Rs.150. Find the unknown
rate of two blankets?
7. (182 - 92 * 3) / (675 * ?) = 4
8. How many figures are required for numbering the pages of a book containing 1000 pages?
9. 2/3 * 5 1/2 * 2 * 7 5/6 * 9/11 = ?
10. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
11. A gardener was asked a plant flowers in a row containing equal number of plants. He tried to plant 6, 8, 10 and 12 in each row, but 5 plants left in each case. When he planted 13 in a row, no plant was left. Find the number of plants with him?
12. Three 6 faced dice are thrown together. The probability that no two dice show the same number on them is -.
13. Tanya's grandfather was 8 times older to her 16 years ago. He would be 3 times of her age 8 years from now. Eight years ago, what was the ratio of Tanya's age to that of her grandfather?
14. A circular path of 13 m radius has marginal walk 2 m wide all round it. Find the cost of leveling the walk at 25p per m2?
15. Ramesh can finish a work in 20 days and Sushil in 25 days. They both work together for 5 days and then Sushil goes away. In how many days will Ramesh complete the remaining work?
16. A and B together can do a work in 6 days. If A alone can do it in 15 days. In how many days can B alone do it?
17. When the numerator of a fraction is decreased by 25% and its denominator is decreased by 20%, the new fraction obtained is 3/4. Find the original fraction?
18. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
19. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 20 and 30 minutes respectively. If both the pipes are used together, then how long will it take to fill the tank?
20. 2222.2 + 222.22 + 22.222 = ?
21. Find the area of a rhombus whose side is 25 cm and one of the diagonals is 30 cm?
22. If the sum of one-half of a number exceeds one-third of that number by 7 1/3, the number is:
23. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period(in years) is?
24. 16 men can complete a piece of work in 25 days. In how many days can 20 men complete that piece of work?
25. Find the compound interest and the amount on Rs.8000 at 5% per annum for 3 years when C.I is reckoned yearly?
26. A train crosses a platform of 150 m in 15 sec, same train crosses another platform of length 250 m in 20 sec. then find the length of the train?
27. Train X crosses a stationary train Y in 60 seconds and a pole in 25 seconds with the same speed. The length of the train X is 300 m. What is the length of the stationary train Y?
28. 52 * 40.1 = ?
29. Pavan travelled for 11 hours. He covered the first half of the distance at 30 kmph and remaining half of the distance at 25 kmph. Find the distance travelled by Pavan.
30. The average height of 50 pupils in a class is 150 cm. Five of them whose height is 146 cm, leave the class and five others whose average height is 156 cm, join. The new average height of the pupils of the class (in cm) is __________ .
31. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 sec. The speed of the train is?
32. If 15% of 30% of 50% of a number is 90, then what is the number?
33. Walking with 4/5 of my usual speed, I miss the bus by 5 minutes. What is my usual time?
34. The simple interest accrued on an amount Rs.10,000 at the end of two years is same as the compound interest on Rs.8,000 at the end of two years. The rate of interest is same in both the cases. What is the rate of interest?
35. The average marks in mathematics scored by the pupils of a school at the public examination were 39. If four of these pupils who actually scored 5, 12, 15 and 19 marks at the examination had not been sent up, the average marks for the school would have been 44. Find the number of pupils sent up for examination from the school?
36. A man can row upstream at 25 kmph and downstream at 35 kmph, and then find the
speed of the man in still water?
37. If y exceeds x by 25%, then x is less than y by?
38. 20 women can do a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days. 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
39. A can run a kilometer race in 4 1/2 min while B can run same race in 5 min. How many meters start can A give B in a kilometer race, so that the race mat end in a dead heat?
40. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
41. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
42. The sum of three consecutive even numbers is 42. Find the middle number of the three?
43. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 5:7 respectively. If the difference between Q's present age and P's age after 6 years is 2. What is the total of P's and Q's present ages?
44. A and B together have Rs. 1210. If 4/15 of A's amount is equal to 2/5 of B's amount, how much amount does B have?
45. Five bells first begin to toll together and then at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds respectively. After what interval of time will they toll again together?
46. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
47. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
48. If selling price is doubled, the profit triples. Find the profit percent:
49. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
50. What amount does Kiran get if he invests Rs. 18000 at 15% p.a. simple interest for four years?