Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Two pipes A and B together can fill a cistern in 4 hours. Had they been opened separately, then B would have taken 6 hours more than A to fill cistern. How much time will be taken by A to fill the cistern separately?
2. A person got Rs.48 more when he invested a certain sum at compound interest instead of simple interest for two years at 8% p.a. Find the sum?
3. A question paper consists of five problems, each problem having three internal choices. In how many ways can a candidate attempt one or more problems?
4. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
5. When 732 is subtracted form the square of a number, the answer that is obtained is 5280. What is the number?
6. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
7. Six points are marked on a straight line and five points are marked on another line which is parallel to the first line. How many straight lines, including the first two, can be formed with these points?
8. An article is bought for Rs.600 and sold for Rs.500, find the loss percent?
9. 0.003 * ? * 0.0003 = 0.00000027
10. 96 is divided into two parts in such a way that seventh part of first and ninth part of second are equal. Find the smallest part?
11. The ratio of investments of two partners P and Q is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10. If P invested the money for 5 months, find for how much time
did Q invest the money?
12. Find the greatest number which leaves the same remainder when it divides 25, 57 and 105.
13. Ravi purchased a refrigerator and a mobile phone for Rs. 15000 and Rs. 8000 respectively. He sold the refrigerator at a loss of 4 percent and the mobile phone at a profit of 10 percent. Overall he make a.
14. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
15. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
16. 3 men or 6 women can do a piece of work in 20 days. In how many days will 12 men and 8 women do the same work?
17. A is faster than B. A and B each walk 24 km. The sum of their speeds is 7 km/hr and the sum of times taken by them is 14 hours. Then, A's speed is equal to?
18. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
19. (1000)9/1024 = ?
20. Out of 15 consecutive numbers, 2 are chosen at random. The probability that they are both odds or both primes is -.
21. Which one of the following numbers is exactly divisible by 11?
22. The sector of a circle has radius of 21 cm and central angle 135o. Find its perimeter?
23. What is the least number which when divided by 8, 12, 18 and 24 leaves the remainders 4, 8, 14 and 20 respectively?
24. What are the number of ways to select 3 men and 2 women such that one man and one woman are always selected?
25. A train 400 m long can cross an electric pole in 20 sec and then find the speed of the train?
26. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
27. Two third of three- fifth of one fourth of a number is 24, what is 30% of that number?
28. The total marks obtained by a student in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is 150 more than the marks obtained by him in Physics. What is the average mark obtained by him in Chemistry and Mathematics?
29. If a man can cover 12 metres in one second, how many kilometres can he cover in 3 hours 45 minutes?
30. The sum of two numbers is 25 and their difference is 13. Find their product.
31. If 5% more is gained by selling an article for Rs. 350 than by selling it for Rs. 340, the cost of the article is:
32. Out of first 20 natural numbers, one number is selected at random. The probability that it is either an even number or a prime number is -.
33. Vijay bought 160 shirts at the rate of Rs. 225 per shirt. The transport expenditure was Rs. 1400. He paid an octroi at the rate of Rs. 1.75 per shirt and labour charges were Rs. 320. What should be the selling price of one shirt, if he wants a profit of 20%?
34. A property decreases in value every year at the rate of 6 1/4% of its value at the beginning of the year its value at the end of 3 years was Rs.21093. Find
its value at the beginning of the first year?
35. If a man walks to his office at ¾ of his usual rate, he reaches office 1/3 of an hour late than usual. What is his usual time to reach office?
36. Find the simple interest on Rs.500 for 9 months at 6 paisa per month?
37. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
38. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
39. 15% of 195 + 14% of 205 = ?
40. 2758 + 20581 - 17889 = ?
41. Rs.1170 is divided so that 4 times the first share, thrice the 2nd share and twice the third share amount to the same. What is the value of the third share?
42. An article was sold after a discount of 20% and there was a gain of 20%. If the profit made on it was Rs. 6 less than the discount offered on it, find its selling price?
43. The sum of the present ages of father and his son is 60 years. Six years ago, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
44. Albert invested Rs. 8000 in a scheme for 2 years at compound interest rate 5% p.a. How much amount will Albert get on maturity of the fixed deposit?
45. 10 camels cost as much as 24 horses, 16 horses cost as much as 4 oxen and 6 oxen as much as 4 elephants. If the cost of 10 elephants is Rs.170000, find the cost of a camel?
46. The sum of the present ages of two persons A and B is 60. If the age of A is twice that of B, find the sum of their ages 5 years hence?
47. A man sells two articles for Rs.3600 each and he gains 30% on the first and loses 30% on the next. Find his total gain or loss?
48. The curved surface of a sphere is 64 π cm2. Find its radius?
49. [(523 + 27) * (187 - 35) / (424 + 16)] / [110/22 of (2 * 38)] = ?
50. A train leaves Delhi at 9 a.m. at a speed of 30 kmph. Another train leaves at 2 p.m. at a speed of 40 kmph on the same day and in the same direction. How far
from Delhi, will the two trains meet?