Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If x = √8 - √7, y = √6 - √5 and z = √10 - 3, which of the following is true?
2. Find the area of the quadrilateral of one of its diagonals is 20 cm and its off sets 9 cm and 6 cm?
3. Two persons start running simultaneously around a circular track of length 300 m from the same point at speeds of 15 km/hr and 25 km/hr. When will they meet for the first time any where on the track if they are moving in opposite directions?
4. What is the rate percent when the simple interest on Rs.800 amount to Rs.160 in 4 Years?
5. The sides of a cube are in the ratio 1:2 the ratio of their volume is?
6. A alone can do a piece of work in 6 days and B alone in 8 days. A and B undertook to do it for Rs. 3200. With the help of C, they completed the work in 3 days. How much is to be paid to C?
7. Two numbers have a H.C.F of 16 and a product of two numbers is 2560. Find the L.C.M of the two numbers?
8. Two third of three- fifth of one fourth of a number is 24, what is 30% of that number?
9. If the price of gold increases by 50%, find by how much the quantity of ornaments must be reduced, so that the expenditure may remain the same as before?
10. If A, B and C together can finish a piece of work in 4 days. A alone in 12 days and B in 18 days, then C alone can do it in?
11. A cistern which could be filled in 9 hours takes one hour more to be filled owing to a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full in what time will the leak empty it?
12. A gets 3 times as much money as B gets, B gets only Rs.25 more then what C gets. The three gets Rs.675 in all. Find the share of B?
13. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
14. A and B can do a piece of work in 12 days and 16 days respectively. Both work for 3 days and then A goes away. Find how long will B take to complete the remaining work?
15. Mohit sold an article for Rs. 18000. Had he offered a discount of 10% on the selling price, he would have earned a profit of 8%. What is the cost price of the article?
16. Two trains of equal length, running with the speeds of 60 and 40 kmph, take 50 seconds to cross each other while they are running in the same direction. What
time will they take to cross each other if they are running in opposite directions?
17. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4 : 3?
18. What is the area of square field whose side of length 15 m?
19. A watch was sold at a loss of 10%. If it was sold for Rs.140 more, there would have been a gain of 4%. What is the cost price?
20. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
21. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. What is the total distance traveled by the man?
22. The sum of two numbers is 25 and their difference is 13. Find their product.
23. A man buys milk at a certain rate per liter and after adding water to it sells the mixture at the same rate. Find in what ration he much mix water to milk so
as to gain 20% on his outlay?
24. In a factory, there are 40% technicians and 60% non-technicians. If the 60% of the technicians and 40% of non-technicians are permanent employees, then the percentage of workers who are temporary is?
25. The owner of a furniture shop charges his customer 24% more than the cost price. If a customer paid Rs. 8339 for a computer table, then what was the cost price of the computer table?
26. How many times the keys of a typewriter have to be pressed in order to write first 400 counting numbers?
27. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
28. The average of 11 results is 50, if the average of first six results is 49 and that of the last six is 52. Find the sixth result?
29. Out of 10 persons working on a project, 4 are graduates. If 3 are selected, what is the probability that there is at least one graduate among them?
30. Aamir saves 32% of his monthly salary. If he spends Rs. 27200, then find his savings?
31. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
32. A man can row a boat at 20 kmph in still water. If the speed of the stream is 6 kmph, what is the time taken to row a distance of 60 km downstream?
33. What is the remainder when 263251 is divided by 9?
34. The ratio of two numbers is 2:3 and the sum of their cubes is 945. The difference of number is?
35. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is?
36. The edge of three cubes of metal is 3 dm, 4 dm and 5 dm. They are melted and formed into a single cube. Find the edge of the new cube?
37. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
38. The least number of five digits that have 144 their HCF is?
39. Express 25 mps in kmph?
40. Three taps A, B and C can fill a tank in 12, 15 and 20 hours respectively. If A is open all the time and B and C are open for one hour each alternately, the tank will be full is?
41. A batsman in his 17th innings makes a score of 85 and their by increasing his average by 3. What is his average after the 17thinnings?
42. What is the least number to be subtracted from 11, 15, 21 and 30 each so that resultant numbers become proportional?
43. Anna left for city A from city B at 5.20 a.m. She traveled at the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hrs 15 min. After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr. If the distance between two cities is 350 kms, at what time did Anna reach city A?
44. 8/15 / 1 1/3 * 3 ?/4 = 1.5
45. The ratio of the ages of Anil and his son at present is 7 : 3. Six years hence, the ratio of the ages of the Anil's wife and the son will be 2 : 1. Find the ratio of the present ages of Anil and his wife?
46. X and Y started a business with capitals Rs. 20000 and Rs. 25000. After few months Z joined them with a capital of Rs. 30000. If the share of Z in the annual profit of Rs. 50000 is Rs. 14000, then after how many months from the beginning did Z join?
47. By how much is 3/5th of 875 greater than 2/3 of 333?
48. 1/3 of 2/6 of 1/7 of 2/28 of 2140 = ?
49. I. a2 + 11a + 30 = 0, II. b2 + 6b + 5 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
50. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?