Time Left: 00:50:00
1. What annual payment will discharge a debt of Rs. 1025 due in 2 years at the rate of 5% compound interest?
2. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
3. A sun is divided among X, Y and Z in such a way that for each rupee X gets, Y gets 45 paisa and Z gets 30 paisa. If the share of Y is RS. 27, what is the
4. A and B’s salaries together amount to Rs. 2,000. A spends 95% of his salary and B spends 85% of his. If now their savings are the same, what is A’s salary?
5. Sreenivas sells a table to Shiva at 10% profit and Shiva sells it to Mahesh at 10% loss. At what price did Sreenivas purchase the table if Mahesh paid Rs. 2178?
6. The length of a train and that of a platform are equal. If with a speed of 90 k/hr, the train crosses the platform in one minute, then the length of the train (in meters) is:
7. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
8. 1252 * 23 + 35000 = (?)2
9. The average of first five prime numbers greater than 20 is?
10. In how many ways can six members be selected from a group of ten members?
11. The H.C.F and L.C.M of two numbers are 84 and 21 respectively. If the ratio of the two numbers is 1:4, then the larger of the two numbers is:
12. (0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 + 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8) / (1.6 * 1.6 * 1.6 + 1.8 * 1.8 * 1.8) = ?
13. A shopkeeper sells two articles at Rs.1000 each, making a profit of 20% on the first article and a loss of 20% on the second article. Find the net profit or loss that he makes?
14. The average of first 10 odd numbers is?
15. The distance between Delhi and Mathura is 110 kms. A starts from Delhi with a speed of 20 kmph at 7 a.m. for Mathura and B starts from Mathura with a speed of 25 kmph at 8 p.m. from Delhi. When will they meet?
16. The difference between a positive proper fraction and its reciprocal is 9/20. The fraction is:
17. Find the C.I. on Rs. 15,625 for 9 months at 16% per annum compounded quarterly?
18. The average weight of a group of persons increased from 48 kg to 51 kg, when two persons weighing 78 kg and 93 kg join the group. Find the initial number of members in the group?
19. The perimeter of one square is 48 cm and that of another is 20 cm. Find the perimeter and the diagonal of a square which is equal in area to these two
20. 33/4 of 4500 + ? = 118500
21. The area of a square is 4096 sq cm. Find the ratio of the breadth and the length of a rectangle whose length is twice the side of the square and breadth is 24 cm less than the side of the square.
22. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
23. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 metres long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
24. Three seventh of a number is 12 more than 40% of that number. What will be the 60% of that number?
25. The ratio of the present age of two brothers is 1:2 and 5 years back, the ratio was 1:3. What will be the ratio of their ages after 5 years?
26. Find the cost of fencing around a circular field of diameter 28 m at the rate of Rs.1.50 a meter?
27. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
28. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected if it should have at least one senior?
29. The fourth proportional to 12, 14 and 18 is?
30. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
31. Which of the following is the greatest?
32. The salaries of A, B, C are in the ratio 2:3:5. If the increments of 15%, 10% and 20% are allowed respectively in their salaries, then what will be the new ratio of their salaries?
33. A cistern can be filled by a tap in 4 hours while it can be emptied by another tap in 9 hours. If both the taps are opened simultaneously, then after how much time will the cistern get filled?
34. The greatest ratio out of 2:3, 5:4, 3:2 and 4:5 is?
35. Ronald and Elan are working on an assignment. Ronald takes 6 hrs to type 32 pages on a computer, while Elan takes 5 hrs to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
36. What is the present worth of Rs. 132 due in 2 years at 5% simple interest per annum?
37. The population of a city increases at the rate of 4% p.a. but there is an additional annual increase of 1% in the population due to some job seekers. The
percentage increase in the population after 2 years is?
38. Find the H.C.F of 204, 1190 and 1445?
39. A person bought an article and sold it at a loss of 10%. If he had bought it for 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost price?
40. The number of sequences in which 7 players can throw a ball, so that the youngest player may not be the last is -.
41. If rupee one produces rupees nine over a period of 40 years, find the rate of simple interest?
42. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
43. The average of 9 observations was 9, that of the 1st of 5 being 10 and that of the last 5 being 8. What was the 5th observation?
44. If I walk at 3 kmph, I miss the train by 2 min, if however, I walk at 4 kmph. I reach the station 2 min before the arrival of the train. How far do I walk to
reach the station?
45. 9 3/4 + 7 2/17 - 9 1/15 = ?
46. One half of a two digit number exceeds its one third by 6. What is the sum of the digits of the number?
47. In a pair of fractions, fraction A is twice the fraction B and the product of two fractions is 2/25. What is the value of fraction A?
48. If the sum and difference of two numbers are 20 and 8 respectively, then the difference of their square is:
49. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
50. 79.98 / 12.51 * 2.49 = ?