Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The difference between C.I. and S.I. on an amount of Rs. 15,000 for 2 years is Rs. 96. What is the rate of interest per annum?
2. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
3. Find the C.I. on a sum of Rs.1600 for 9 months at 20% per annum, interest being compounded quarterly?
4. Ronald and Elan are working on an assignment. Ronald takes 6 hrs to type 32 pages on a computer, while Elan takes 5 hrs to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
5. Which one of the following is the sum of the numbers 1, 3, 5, 7, 9…. up to nth number?
6. A pump can fill a tank with water in 2 hours. Because of a leak, it took 2 1/3 hours to fill the tank. The leak can drain all the water of the tank in?
7. The area of a square field 3136 sq m, if the length of cost of drawing barbed wire 3 m around the field at the rate of Rs.1.50 per meter. Two gates of 1 m width each are to be left for entrance. What is the total cost?
8. Out of 15 consecutive numbers, 2 are chosen at random. The probability that they are both odds or both primes is -.
9. A certain sum becomes Rs. 20720 in four years and 24080 in six years at simple interest. Find sum and rate of interest?
10. 7 2/5 of 110 / ? = 844
11. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
12. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
13. A, B, C enter into a partnership investing Rs. 35,000, Rs. 45,000 and Rs. 55,000 respectively. The respective shares of A, B, C in annual profit of Rs. 40,500 are:
14. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a college is 7:8. If the percentage increase in the number of boys and girls be 20% and 10% respectively. What will be the new ratio?
15. There is food for 760 men for 22 days. How many more men should join after two days so that the same food may last for 19 days more?
16. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
17. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
18. If Re.1 amounts to Rs.9 over a period of 20 years. What is the rate of simple interest?
19. On dividing number by 56, we get 29 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 8, what will be the remainder?
20. Find the cost of fencing around a circular field of diameter 28 m at the rate of Rs.1.50 a meter?
21. Find the least number which when divided by 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 19 leaves no remainder?
22. In an election between two candidates A and B, the number of valid votes received by A exceeds those received by B by 15% of the total number of votes polled. If 20% of the votes polled were invalid and a total of 8720 votes were polled, then how many valid votes did B get?
23. An engineering student has to secure 36% marks to pass. He gets 130 marks and fails by 14 marks. The maximum No. of marks obtained by him is?
24. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
25. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 be subtracted from each, they are in the ratio of 9:17. The first number is:
26. Find the least multiple of 13 which when divided by 6, 8 and 12 leaves 5, 7 and 11 as remainders respectively?
27. A and B can do a piece of work in 6 2/3 days and 5 days respectively. They work together for 2 days and then A leaves. In how many days after that B will complete the work alone.
28. Find the sum The difference between the compound and S.I. on a certain sum of money for 2 years at 10% per annum is Rs.15of money?
29. (1714 * 1716) / 17-8 = ?
30. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 3x2 - 7x - 6 = 0?
31. A certain sum amounts to Rs.1725 in 3 years and Rs.1875 in 5 years. Find the rate
% per annum?
32. The sum and the product of two numbers are 25 and 144 respectively, the difference of the number is?
33. If a man lost 4% by selling oranges at the rate of 12 a rupee at how many a rupee must he sell them to gain 44%?
34. The least number which when divided by 8, 12 and 16, leave in each remainder 3, is?
35. The compound ratio of 2/3, 6/7, 1/3 and 1/8 is given by?
36. The sides of a cube are in the ratio 1:2 the ratio of their volume is?
37. Find the least number which when divide by 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 7 leaves no remainder?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. Three men start together to travel the same way around a circular track of 11 kilometers in circumference. Their speeds are 4, 5 and 8 kilometers per hour respectively. When will they meet at a starting point?
40. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
41. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
42. By selling a house for Rs.45000, it was found that 1/8 of the outlay was gained, what ought the selling to price to have been in order to have lost 5 p.c?
43. If x = √3 - √2, then find (x - 1/x)2
44. The L.C.M of two numbers is 48. The numbers are in the ratio 2:3. The sum of numbers is:
45. Sum of two consecutive even terms lacks by 98 from their product. Find the sum of these numbers?
46. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
47. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together but after 3 minutes A is turned off. After how much more time will the cistern be filled?
48. A cistern has three pipes, A, B and C. The pipes A and B can fill it in 4 and 5 hours respectively and C can empty it in 2 hours. If the pipes are opened in order at 1, 2 and 3 A.M. When will the cistern be empty?
49. Two stations A and B are 110 km apart on a straight line. One train starts from A at 7 a.m. and travels towards B at 20 kmph. Another train starts from B at 8 a.m. and travels towards A at a speed of 25 kmph. At what time will they meet?
50. The average of the two-digit numbers, which remain the same when the digits interchange their positions, is: