Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The simple interest accrued on an amount of Rs.49500 at he end of three is Rs.17820. What would be the compound interest accured on the same amount at teh same rate in the same period? (Round off your answer to two decimal places)
2. P and Q started a business with respective investments of Rs. 4 lakhs and Rs. 10 lakhs. As P runs the business, his salary is Rs. 5000 per month. If they earned a profit of Rs. 2 lakhs at the end of the year, then find the ratio of their earnings?
3. A tank is filled in eight hours by three pipes A, B and C. Pipe A is twice as fast as pipe B, and B is twice as fast as C. How much time will pipe B alone take to fill the tank?
4. The average monthly salary of laborers and supervisors in a factory is Rs.1250 per month; where as the average monthly salary of 6 supervisors is Rs.2450. If the average monthly salary of the laborers is Rs.950 find the number of laborers?
Find the smallest number which when increased by 5, divisible by 6, 9, 15, 20 and 24?
6. The product of two natural numbers is 17. Then, the sum of the reciprocals of their squares is:
7. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 is subtracted from each, the new numbers are in the ratio 12:23. The smaller number is:
8. A man saves Rs. 200 at the end of each year and lends the money at 5% compound interest. How much will it become at the end of 3 years?
9. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
10. The average age of a husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
11. The average of the marks of 12 students in a class is 36. If the marks of each student are doubled, find the new average?
12. A part of certain sum of money is invested at 9% per annum and the rest at 12% per annum, if the interest earned in each case for the same period is equal, then ratio of the sums invested is?
13. If 12 men do a work in 80 days, in how many days will 16 men do it?
14. Three cubes of metal whose edges are 9, 12 and 15 cm respectively, are melted and one new cube is made. Find the edge of the new cube?
15. A man said to his son, "I was two-third of your present age when you were born". If the present age of the man is 48 years, find the present age of the son?
16. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days, while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days. In how many days will 10 women complete it?
17. The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers exceeds their product by 91. Find the integers?
18. 4 * 0.4 * 0.04 * 0.004 = ?
19. If a and b are the roots of the equation x2 - 9x + 20 = 0, find the value of a2 + b2 + ab?
20. A can run a kilometer race in 4 1/2 min while B can run same race in 5 min. How many meters start can A give B in a kilometer race, so that the race mat end in a dead heat?
21. A certain sum of money is divided among A, B and C so that for each Rs. A has, B has 65 paisa and C 40 paisa. If C's share is Rs.40, find the sum of money?
22. On multiplying a number by 7, the product is a number each of whose digits is 3. The smallest such number is:
23. At the end of three years what will be the compound interest at the rate of 10% p.a. on an amount of Rs.20000?
24. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
25. 26.98% of 6002 + 45.01% of 4199 = ?
26. The cost price of an article is 64% of the marked price. Calculate the gain percent after allowing a discount of 12%?
27. P alone can complete a piece of work in 6 days. Work done by Q alone in one day is equal to one-third of the work done by P alone in one day. In how many days can the work be completed if P and Q work together?
28. Anita, Indu and Geeta can do a piece of work in 18 days, 27 days and 36 days respectively. They start working together. After working for 4 days. Anita goes
away and Indu leaves 7 days before the work is finished. Only Geeta remains at work from beginning to end. In how many days was the whole work done?
29. A property decreases in value every year at the rate of 6 1/4% of its value at the beginning of the year its value at the end of 3 years was Rs.21093. Find
its value at the beginning of the first year?
30. There is a 30% increase in the price of an article in the first year, a 20% decrease in the second year and a 10% increase in the next year. If the final price of the article is Rs. 2288, then what was the price of the article initially?
31. Positive integers indicated by x and y satisfy 3 1/x * y 2/5 = 13 3/4, the fractions being in their lowest terms, then x = ? and y = ?
32. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
33. If x = √196 + √200, then x/2 + 2/x is?
34. 183.21 + 2.9928 * 66.84 = ?
35. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
36. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
37. If a person walks at 14 km/hr instead of 10 km/hr, he would have walked 20 km more. The actual distance traveled by him is?
38. How much time will take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
39. The difference between a number and its two-fifth is 510. What is 10% of that number?
40. Surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4 what is the ratio of their volumes?
41. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 2 minutes and 15 minutes respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but 4 minutes after the start the pipe A is turned off. How much time will it take to fill the tank?
42. A person was asked to state his age in years. His reply was, "Take my age three years hence, multiply it by 3 and then subtract three times my age three years ago and you will know how old I am." What was the age of the person?
43. An order was placed for the supply of a carpet whose breadth was 6 m and length was 1.44 times the breadth. What be the cost of a carpet whose length and breadth are 40% more and 25% more respectively than the first carpet. Given that the ratio of carpet is Rs. 45 per sq m?
44. Two passenger trains start at the same hour in the day from two different stations and move towards each other at the rate of 16 kmph and 21 kmph respectively.
When they meet, it is found that one train has traveled 60 km more than the other one. The distance between the two stations is?
45. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
46. The compound ratio of 5:6, 3:2 and 4:5?
47. Two numbers 4242 and 2903 when divided by a certain number of three digits, leave the same remainder. Find the number?
48. 60% of a number is added to 120, the result is the same number. Find the number?
49. What is the least number to be subtracted from 11, 15, 21 and 30 each so that the resultant numbers become proportional?
50. The least number of four digits which is divisible by 4, 6, 8 and 10 is?