Time Left: 00:50:00
1. How long does a train 110 m long traveling at 60 kmph takes to cross a bridge of 170 m in length?
2. In a mixture of 60 liters, the ratio of milk and water is 2:1. What amount of water must be added to make the ratio of milk and water as 1:2?
3. The average age of students of a class is 15.8 years. The average age of boys in the class is 16.4 years and that of the girls is 15.4 years. The ration of the number of boys to the number of girls in the class is:
4. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
5. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
6. A man buys two articles for Rs.1980 each and he gains 10% on the first and loses 10% on the next. Find his total gain or loss percent?
7. 45/100 * 125 + 22.22 = ?
8. Two trains of equal lengths take 10 sec and 15 sec respectively to cross a telegraph post. If the length of each train be 120 m, in what time will they cross other travelling in opposite direction?
9. Solve for m if 3(√3)m+4 = (√3)2m+7
10. In a partnership between A, B and C. A's capital is Rs.5000. If his share of a profit of Rs.800 is Rs.200 and C's share is Rs.130, what is B's capital?
11. (64 + 9 + 9) / (2 * 20 + 1) = ?
12. A can do a piece of work in 21 days and B in 28 days. Together they started the work and B left after 4 days. In how many days can A alone do the remaining work?
13. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. Find the length of the train.
14. A laborer is engaged for 30 days on the condition that he receives Rs.25 for each day he works and is fined Rs.7.50 for each day is absent. He gets Rs.425 in
all. For how many days was he absent?
15. A watch was sold at a loss of 10%. If it was sold for Rs.140 more, there would have been a gain of 4%. What is the cost price?
16. How many numbers up to 300 and 700 are divisible by 2, 3 and 7 both together?
17. A train 110 m long is running with a speed of 60 km/hr. In what time will it pass a man who is running at 6 km/hr in the direction opposite to that in which the train is going?
18. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 7 days, 14 days and 28 days respectively. How long will they taken, if all the three work together?
19. Present ages of Sameer and Anand are in the ratio of 5:4 respectively. Three years hence, the ratio of their ages will become 11:9 respectively. What is Anand's present age in years?
20. An amount of Rs. 3000 becomes Rs. 3600 in four years at simple interest. If the rate of interest was 1% more, then what was be the total amount?
21. Rs.590 is divided amongst A, B, C so that 5 times A's share, six times B's share and eight times C's share are all equal. Find C's share?
22. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
23. How many meters of carpet 50cm, wide will be required to cover the floor of a room 30m * 20m?
24. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
25. Train X crosses a stationary train Y in 60 seconds and a pole in 25 seconds with the same speed. The length of the train X is 300 m. What is the length of the stationary train Y?
26. A man walked 20 m to cross a rectangular field diagonally. If the length of the field is 16 cm. Find the breadth of the field is?
27. In how much time will a train of length 100 m, moving at 36 kmph cross an electric pole?
28. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
29. If (461 + 462 + 463 + 464) is divisible by ?, then ? =
30. 3.5 can be expressed in terms of percentage as?
31. The length of the rectangular field is double its width. Inside the field there is square shaped pond 8m long. If the area of the pond is 1/8 of the area of the field. What is the length of the field?
32. The ratio of the cost price and the selling price is 4:5. The profit percent is:
33. A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds and a platform 100 m long in 25 seconds. Its length is:
34. The product of two numbers is 4107. If the H.C.F of these numbers is 37, then the greater number is:
35. (1.9 * 0.021) / (0.095 * 0.105) = ?
36. A man gets a simple interest of Rs.500 on a certain principal at the rate of 5% p.a in two years. Find the compound interest the man will get on twice the principal in two years at the same rate.
37. Visitors to show were charged Rs.15 each on the first day. Rs.7.50 on the second day, Rs.2.50 on the third day and total attendance on the three days were in ratio 2:5:13 respectively. The average charge per person for the whole show is?
38. From a pack of cards two cards are drawn one after the other, with replacement. The probability that the first is a red card and the second is a king is -.
39. If 35% of a number is 12 less than 50% of that number, then the number is?
40. Ten years ago, the age of Anand was one-third the age of Bala at that time. The present age of Bala is 12 years more than the present age of Anand. Find the present age of Anand?
41. A certain sum amounts to Rs.1725 in 3 years and Rs.1875 in 5 years. Find the rate
% per annum?
42. Salaries of Ravi and Sumit are in the ratio 2:3. If the salary of each is increased by Rs. 4000, the new ratio becomes 40:57. What is Sumit's present salary?
43. The average of five consecutive odd numbers is 61. What is the difference between the highest and lowest numbers?
44. The sum of three consecutive integers is 102. Find the lowest of the three?
45. A certain sum is invested at simple interest at 18% p.a. for two years instead of investing at 12% p.a. for the same time period. Therefore the interest received is more by Rs. 840. Find the sum?
46. 5 men are equal to as many women as are equal to 8 boys. All of them earn Rs.90 only. Men’s wages are?
47. The cost of 16 pens and 8 pencils is Rs.352 and the cost of 4 pens and 4 pencils is Rs.96. Find the cost of each pen?
48. Find the simple interest on Rs.500 for 9 months at 6 paisa per month?
49. The circumferences of two circles are 264 meters and 352 meters. Find the difference between the areas of the larger and the smaller circles.
50. The average of 11 results is 50, if the average of first six results is 49 and that of the last six is 52. Find the sixth result?