Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Five men and nine women can do a piece of work in 10 days. Six men and twelve women can do the same work in 8 days. In how many days can three men and three women do the work?
2. Find the expenditure on digging a well 14m deep and of 3m diameter at Rs.15 per cubic meter?
3. I. a2 + 8a + 16 = 0, II. b2 - 4b + 3 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
4. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
5. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
6. A delegation of 5 members has to be formed from 3 ladies and 5 gentlemen. In how many ways the delegation can be formed, if 2 particular ladies are always included in the delegation?
7. The proportion of copper and zinc in the brass is 13:7. How much zinc will there be in 100 kg of brass?
8. The G.C.D of 1.08, 0.36 and 0.9 is
9. The perimeter of a semi circle is 144 cm then the radius is?
10. (64 + 9 + 9) / (2 * 20 + 1) = ?
11. 3/7 of 4/9 of 2/5 of 7560 = (?)2
12. There is a 30% increase in the price of an article in the first year, a 20% decrease in the second year and a 10% increase in the next year. If the final price of the article is Rs. 2288, then what was the price of the article initially?
13. A man leaves a point P at 6 a.m. and reaches the point Q at 10 a.m. another man leaves the point give at 8 a.m. and reaches the point P at 12 noon. At what
time do they meet?
14. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
15. (22 * 495 + 891 * 44) / (33 * 176 + 55 * 264) = ?
16. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
17. 15% of 195 + 14% of 205 = ?
18. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
19. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24 days, 30 days and 40 days respectively. They began the work together but C left 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days was the work completed?
20. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the two digits is 63. Which is the smaller of the two numbers?
21. Solve the equation for x : 19(x + y) + 17 = 19(-x + y) - 21
22. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C in the ratio 1/2:1/3:1/4. Find the share of C?
23. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?
24. Two pipes can fill a tank in 18 minutes and 15 minutes. An outlet pipe can empty the tank in 45 minutes. If all the pipes are opened when the tank is empty, then how many minutes will it take to fill the tank?
25. The edges of a cuboid are 4 cm, 5 cm and 6 cm. Find the volume of the cuboid?
26. A sum of money place at compound interest doubles itself in 4 years. In how many years will it amount to eight times itself?
27. A group consists of 4 men, 6 women and 5 children. In how many ways can 3 men, 2 women and 3 children selected from the given group?
28. A started a business with an investment of Rs. 70000 and after 6 months B joined him investing Rs. 120000. If the profit at the end of a year is Rs. 52000, then the share of B is?
29. A is a working partner and B is a sleeping partner in the business. A puts in Rs.15000 and B Rs.25000, A receives 10% of the profit for managing the business
the rest being divided in proportion of their capitals. Out of a total profit of Rs.9600, money received by A is?
30. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?
31. A and B go around a circular track of length 600 m on a cycle at speeds of 36 kmph and 54 kmph. After how much time will they meet for the first time at the starting point?
32. Find the least number which when divided by 35 leaves remainder 25, when divided by 25 leaves remainder 15 and when divided by 15 leaves remainder 5?
33. A thief goes away with a SANTRO car at a speed of 40 kmph. The theft has been discovered after half an hour and the owner sets off in a bike at 50 kmph when
will the owner over take the thief from the start?
34. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
Least perfect square number, exactly divisible by 21, 36 and 56 is?
36. Siddharth wants to borrow Rs.6000 at rate of interest 6% p.a. at S.I and lend the same amount at C.I at same rate of interest for two years. What would be his income in the above transaction?
37. Two men Amar and Bhuvan have the ratio of their monthly incomes as 6 : 5. The ratio of their monthly expenditures is 3 : 2. If Bhuvan saves one-fourth of his income, find the ratio of their monthly savings?
38. X and Y started a business with capitals Rs. 20000 and Rs. 25000. After few months Z joined them with a capital of Rs. 30000. If the share of Z in the annual profit of Rs. 50000 is Rs. 14000, then after how many months from the beginning did Z join?
39. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 15 days, C and A in 20 days. If A, B and C work together, they will complete the work in?
40. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
41. Find the least number of five digits which is exactly divisible by 12, 15 and 18?
42. A can do a piece of work in 10 days and B can do the same work in 12 days. A and B worked together for 2 days. How many more days are required to complete the remaining work if they work together?
43. A train moves fast a telegraph post and a bridge 264 m long in 8 sec and 20 sec respectively. What is the speed of the train?
44. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If three marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that they are all blue?
45. A contractor undertakes to complete the construction of a tunnel 720 meters long in 240 days and employs 60 men for the purpose. After 120 days, he finds that only 240 meters of the tunnel is complete. How many more men should be employ in order to complete the work in time?
46. One train is traveling 45 kmph and other is at 10 meters a second. Ratio of the speed of the two trains is?
47. A and B together have Rs. 1210. If 4/15 of A's amount is equal to 2/5 of B's amount, how much amount does B have?
48. The duplicate ratio of 3:4 is?
49. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: 2x2 + 3x - 9 = 0?
50. The average of four positive integers is 69. The highest integer is 93 and the least integer is 39. The difference between the remaining two integers is 28. Which of the following integers is the higher of the remaining two integers?