Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the H.C.F of 12, 16, 18 and 24?
2. A train 100 m long crosses a platform 125 m long in 15 sec; find the speed of the train?
3. If a: b = 7: 5, b: c = 9: 11, find a: b: c?
4. The circumferences of two circles are 264 meters and 352 meters. Find the difference between the areas of the larger and the smaller circles.
5. 16 men can complete a piece of work in 25 days. In how many days can 20 men complete that piece of work?
6. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 7 days, 14 days and 28 days respectively. How long will they taken, if all the three work together?
7. If x = √196 + √200, then x/2 + 2/x is?
8. A cistern has three pipes, A, B and C. The pipes A and B can fill it in 4 and 5 hours respectively and C can empty it in 2 hours. If the pipes are opened in order at 1, 2 and 3 A.M. When will the cistern be empty?
9. if (x + y)/(2x + y) = 4/5, then find (2x + y)/(3x + y) ?
10. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 36. Find the sum of the squares of these numbers?
11. What is the probability that a leap year has 53 Sundays and 52 Mondays?
12. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
13. A basket has 5 apples and 4 oranges. Three fruits are picked at random. The probability that at least 2 apples are picked is -.
14. A, B and C completed a piece of work, A worked for 6 days, B for 9 days and C for 4 days. Their daily wages were in the ratio of 3:4:5. Find the daily wages of C, if their total earning was Rs.1480?
15. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q - r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
16. What is the difference between the largest number and the least number written with the digits 7, 3, 1, 4?
17. The average salary of a person for the months of January, February, March and April is Rs.8000 and that for the months February, March, April and May is Rs.8500. If his salary for the month of May is Rs.6500, find his salary for the month of January?
18. The number of ways in which six boys and six girls can be seated in a row for a photograph so that no two girls sit together is -.
19. Find the simple interest on Rs.500 for 9 months at 6 paisa per month?
20. The duplicate ratio of 3:4 is?
21. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
22. In what time will a railway train 60 m long moving at the rate of 36 kmph pass a telegraph post on its way?
23. The difference between a number and its two-fifth is 510. What is 10% of that number?
24. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
25. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
26. The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean is:
27. A two-digit number is such that the product of the digits is 8. When 18 is added to the number, then the digits are reversed. The number is:
28. Krishan and Nandan jointly started a business. Krishan invested three times as Nandan did and invested his money for double time as compared to Nandan. Nandan earned Rs. 4000. If the gain is proportional to the money invested and the time for which the money is invested then the total gain was?
29. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. When he had worked for 2 days B joins him. If the complete work was finished in 8 days. In how many days B alone can
finish the work?
30. The edge of a cube is 2a cm. Find its surface?
31. Find the average of the series : 312, 162, 132, 142 and 122?
32. Find the number of ways of arranging the letters of the word "MATERIAL" such that all the vowels in the word are to come together?
33. P and Q started a business investing Rs. 85,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. In what ratio the profit earned after 2 years be divided between P and Q respectively?
34. A single discount equivalent to the discount series of 20%, 10% and 5% is?
35. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years?
36. Find the greatest number which will divide 25, 73 and 97 as so to leave the same remainder in each case?
37. An amount of Rs. 3000 becomes Rs. 3600 in four years at simple interest. If the rate of interest was 1% more, then what was be the total amount?
38. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
39. The average height of 35 boys in a class was calculated as 180cm. It has later found that the height of one of the boys in the class was wrongly written as 166 cm whereas his actual height was 106 cm. Find the actual average height of the boys in the class (Round off your answer to two decimal places).
40. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. How far is the place?
41. A can do a work in 9 days and B can do the same work in 18 days. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
42. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
43. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks our of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
44. Find the area of a parallelogram with base 24 cm and height 16 cm.
45. The profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 832 is equal to the loss incurred when the same article is sold for Rs. 448. What should be the sale price for making 50% profit?
46. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
47. On dividing number by 5, we get 3 as remainder. What will be the remainder when the square of this number is divided by 5?
48. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
49. A car covers a distance of 624 km in 6 ½ hours. Find its speed?
50. 10 books are placed at random in a shelf. The probability that a pair of books will always be together is -.