Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The length of the longest rod that can fit in a cubical room of 4 m side is?
2. The difference between the simple interest received from two different sources on Rs. 1500 for 3 years is Rs. 13.50. The difference between their rates of interest is?
3. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
4. The inverse ratio of 3: 2: 1 is?
5. A man leaves a point P at 6 a.m. and reaches the point Q at 10 a.m. another man leaves the point give at 8 a.m. and reaches the point P at 12 noon. At what
time do they meet?
6. Pipe A can fill a tank in 16 minutes and pipe B cam empty it in 24 minutes. If both the pipes are opened together after how many minutes should pipe B be closed, so that the tank is filled in 30 minutes?
7. A dealer purchased an article at 3/4 of its list price and sold 50% more than the list price. Find his gain percent?
8. 12 men complete a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days, 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
9. Three cubes of metal whose edges are 9, 12 and 15 cm respectively, are melted and one new cube is made. Find the edge of the new cube?
10. Ravi can do a piece of work in 30 days while Prakash can do it in 40 days. In how many days will they finish it together?
11. What will be the cost of building a fence around a square plot with area equal to 289 sq ft, if the price per foot of building the fence is Rs. 58?
12. (0.9 * 0.9 - 0.8 * 0.8)/1.7 = ?
13. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 2x2 + 5x + 2 = 0?
14. Sum of two numbers is 15. Two times of the first exceeds by 5 from the three times of the other. Then the numbers will be?
15. The L.C.M of 23 * 32 * 5 and 33 * 5 2 * 23 is.
16. Find the greatest number that exactly divides 35, 91 and 840?
17. A certain sum of money at simple interest amounted Rs.840 in 10 years at 3% per annum, find the sum?
18. How long does a train 110 m long running at the speed of 72 km/hr takes to cross a bridge 132 m length?
19. Q is as much younger than R as he is older than T. If the sum of the ages of R and T is 50 years. What is definitely the difference between R and Q's age?
20. A bag contains a certain number of 50 paise coins, 20 paise coins and 10 paise coins inthe ratio 2:3:4. If the total value of all the coins in the bag is Rs.400, find the number of coins of each kind?
21. A batsman makes a score of 64 runs in the 16th innings and thus increased his average by 3. Find his average after the 16th inning?
22. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
23. A and B together can do a piece of work in 8 days. If A alone can do the same work in 12 days, then B alone can do the same work in?
24. If A got 80 marks and B got 60 marks, then what percent of A's mark is B's mark?
25. ³√216400 + √280 + √322 = ?
26. The sum of two numbers is 25 and their difference is 13. Find their product.
mean proportional between 4 and 9 is?
28. In an examination 38% of students fail in English and 61% pass in Hindi and 23% fail in both. Find the actual failure percentage?
29. Divide Rs. 2379 into 3 parts so that their amounts after 2, 3 and 4 years respectively may be equal, the rate of interest being 5% per annum at simple interest. The first part is?
30. 12(13/18) + 16(11/27) - 10(5/9) = ?
31. The side of a square is increased by 25% then how much % does its area increases?
32. Find the length of the wire required to go 15 times round a square field containing 69696 m2.
33. There are 18 stations between Hyderabad and Bangalore. How many second class tickets have to be printed, so that a passenger can travel from any station to any other station?
34. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
35. A contractor undertakes to complete the construction of a tunnel 720 meters long in 240 days and employs 60 men for the purpose. After 120 days, he finds that only 240 meters of the tunnel is complete. How many more men should be employ in order to complete the work in time?
36. What is the present worth of Rs. 132 due in 2 years at 5% simple interest per annum?
37. 9 men and 12 boys finish a job in 12 days, 12 men and 12 boys finish it in 10 days. 10 men and 10 boys shall finish it in how many days?
38. If x = 3 - √7, then find the value of x + 1/x.
39. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that atleast one bulb is good.
40. 1252 * 23 + 35000 = (?)2
41. The ratio between the radii of two spheres is 1:3. Find the ratio between their volumes?
42. The compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.44000 at the end of two years is Rs.1193.60. What would be the simple interest accrued on the same amount at the same rate in the same period?
43. Raj invested an amount of Rs.17400 for two years. Find the rate of compound interest that will fetch him an amount of Rs.1783.50 at the end of two years?
44. A thief goes away with a SANTRO car at a speed of 40 kmph. The theft has been discovered after half an hour and the owner sets off in a bike at 50 kmph when
will the owner over take the thief from the start?
45. A metallic sphere of radius 12 cm is melted and drawn into a wire, whose radius of cross section is 16 cm. What is the length of the wire?
46. 184 * 216 - 81 + 119 / 0.7 = ?
47. The sum of a number and its reciprocal is one-eighth of 34. What is the product of the number and its square root?
48. If A, B and C together can finish a piece of work in 4 days. A alone in 12 days and B in 18 days, then C alone can do it in?
49. LCM of 455, 117, 338 is:
50. Find the greatest number that, while dividing 47, 215 and 365, gives the same remainder in each case?