Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The least number which when divided by 16, 18 and 21, leave the remainder 3, 5 and 8 respectively is:
2. In what time a sum of money double itself at 3% per annum simple interest?
3. If the selling price of 50 articles is equal to the cost price of 40 articles, then the loss or gain percent is:
4. The cost of 10 kg of apples is equal to the cost of 24 kg of rice. The cost of 6 kg of flour equals the cost of 2 kg of rice. The cost of each kg of flour is Rs.20.50. Find the total cost of 4 kg of apples, 3 kg of rice and 5 kg of flour?
5. The compound interest on Rs. 30,000 at 7% per annum is Rs. 4347. The period(in years) is?
6. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
7. 12(13/18) + 16(11/27) - 10(5/9) = ?
8. A is two years older than B who is twice as old as C. If the total of the ages of A, B and C be 27, then how old is B?
9. The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 1920 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1280. At what price should the article be sold to make 25% profit?
10. A tank is filled by three pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tank in the same during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone. The second pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than the first pipe and 4 hours slower than the third pipe. The time required by the first pipe is?
11. The average weight of a group of persons increased from 48 kg to 51 kg, when two persons weighing 78 kg and 93 kg join the group. Find the initial number of members in the group?
12. If cost of sugar increases by 25%. How much percent consumption of sugar should be decreased in order to keep expenditure fixed?
13. Anil invested a sum of money at a certain rate of simple interest for a period of five years. Had he invested the sum for a period of eight years for the same rate, the total intrest earned by him would have been sixty percent more than the earlier interest amount. Find the rate of interest p.a.
14. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
The sub-duplicate ratio of 1:4 is
16. At the end of three years what will be the compound interest at the rate of 10% p.a. on an amount of Rs.20000?
17. A, B and C invested Rs.6300, Rs.4200 and Rs.10500 respectively, in a partnership business. Find the share of A in profit of Rs.12100 after a year?
18. On dividing number by 56, we get 29 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 8, what will be the remainder?
19. A cistern can be filled by a tap in 4 hours while it can be emptied by another tap in 9 hours. If both the taps are opened simultaneously, then after how much time will the cistern get filled?
20. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
21. If two dice are thrown together, the probability of getting an even number on one die and an odd number on the other is -.
22. 45/100 * 125 + 22.22 = ?
23. What distance will be covered by a bus moving at 72 kmph in 30 seconds?
24. If a number is subtracted from its square we get 272. Find the number?
25. The average age of a group of 10 persons was decreased by 3 years when one person, whose age was 42 years, was replaced by a new person. Find the age of the new person?
26. What is the remainder when 263251 is divided by 9?
27. A and B invests Rs.10000 each, A investing for 8 months and B investing for all the 12 months in the year. If the total profit at the end of the year is Rs.25000, find their shares?
28. A sum of money is put out at compound interest for 2 years at 20%. It would fetch Rs.482 more if the interest were payable half-yearly, then it were pay able yearly. Find the sum.
29. If the annual rate of simple interest increases from 10% to 12 1/2 %, a man's yearly income increases by Rs. 1250. His principal in Rs. is?
30. (6 - 2 * 3 + 6) / (2 + 6 * 3 - 4) = ?
31. Find the greatest number which divides 83, 125 and 209 leaving the same remainder in each case.
32. A person invested in all Rs. 2600 at 4%, 6% and 8% per annum simple interest. At the end of the year, he got the same interest in all the three cases. The money invested at 4% is?
33. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
34. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
35. How much time will take for an amount of Rs. 450 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
36. Compound interest earned on a sum for the second and the third years are Rs.1200 and Rs.1440 respectively. Find the rate of interest?
37. I. 9a2 + 18a + 5 = 0, II. 2b2 + 13b + 20 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
38. A person spends 1/5th of his income on the education of his children, and 20% of the remaining on food. If he is left with Rs.576 find his income?
39. Which of the following is the greatest?
40. A 25 cm wide path is to be made around a circular garden having a diameter of 4 meters. Approximate area of the path is square meters is
41. A, B and C can do a work in 90, 30 and 45 days respectively. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
42. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in such a way that the number of trees in each row should be the same. If there are 4 rows or 5 rows or 6 rows, then no tree will be left. Find the least number of trees required.
43. What is the difference between the C.I. on Rs. 5000 for 1 1/2 years at 4% per annum compounded yearly and half-yearly?
44. In how many years will a sum of money doubles itself at 5% per annum on simple interest?
45. A cricketer has a certain average for 10 innings. In the eleventh inning, he scored 108 runs, there by increasing his average by 6 runs. His new average is:
46. The dimensions of a room are 25 feet * 15 feet * 12 feet. What is the cost of white washing the four walls of the room at Rs. 5 per square feet if there is one door of dimensions 6 feet * 3 feet and three windows of dimensions 4 feet * 3 feet each?
47. The numerator of a certain fraction is 8 less than the denominator. If 3 is added to the numerator and 3 is subtracted from the denominator, the fraction becomes 3/4. Find the original fraction?
48. A, B and C are partners in a business. Their capitals are respectively, Rs.5000, Rs.6000 and Rs.4000. A gets 30% of the total profit for managing the business. The remaining profit is divided among three in the ratio of their capitals. In the end of the year, the profit of A is Rs.200 more than the sum of the profits of B and C. Find the total profit.
49. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that all the four bulbs are defective.
50. By selling an article at Rs.600, a profit of 25% is made. Find its cost price?