Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the fraction which has the same ratio to 2/13 that 5/34 has to 7/48.
2. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
3. A salt manufacturing company produced a total of 5000 tonnes of salt in January of a particular year. Starting from February its production increased by 100 tonnes every month over the previous months until the end of the year. Find its average monthly production for that year?
4. A large tanker can be filled by two pipes A and B in 60 and 40 minutes respectively. How many minutes will it take to fill the tanker from empty state if B is used for half the time and A and B fill it together for the other half?
5. Pavan travelled for 11 hours. He covered the first half of the distance at 30 kmph and remaining half of the distance at 25 kmph. Find the distance travelled by Pavan.
6. The ratio of the prices of three articles X, Y and Z is 8 : 5 : 3. If the prices of X , Y and Z are increased by 25%, 20% and 33 1/3% respectively, then what would be the ratio of the new prices of X, Y and Z?
7. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
8. 5 * 5 ÷ 5 + 5 ÷ 5 = ?
9. Ravi can do a piece of work in 30 days while Prakash can do it in 40 days. In how many days will they finish it together?
10. Five years ago the average of the ages of A and B was 40 years and now the average of the ages of B and C is 48 years. What will be the age of the B ten years hence?
11. A batsman in his 17th innings makes a score of 85 and their by increasing his average by 3. What is his average after the 17thinnings?
12. The radius of a wheel is 22.4 cm. What is the distance covered by the wheel in making 500 resolutions.
13. A man misses a bus by 40 minutes if he travels at 30 kmph. If he travels at 40 kmph, then also he misses the bus by 10 minutes. What is the minimum speed required to catch the bus on time?
14. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3:2:4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21.
15. Find the smallest number which when divided by 13 and 16 leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5.
16. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is?
17. 421 * 0.9 + 130 * 101 + 10000 = ?
18. The fourth proportional to 5, 8, 15 is:
19. A man said to his son, "I was two-third of your present age when you were born". If the present age of the man is 48 years, find the present age of the son?
20. Two vessels P and Q contain 62.5% and 87.5% of alcohol respectively. If 2 litres from vessel P is mixed with 4 litres from vessel Q, the ratio of alcohol and water in the resulting mixture is?
21. The total marks obtained by a student in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is 150 more than the marks obtained by him in Physics. What is the average mark obtained by him in Chemistry and Mathematics?
22. A and B entered into a partnership investing Rs.25000 and Rs.30000 respectively. After 4 months C also joined the business with an investment of Rs.35000. What
is the share of C in an annual profit of Rs.47000?
23. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm formed by an arc of length 3.5 cm is?
24. A tank is filled in eight hours by three pipes A, B and C. Pipe A is twice as fast as pipe B, and B is twice as fast as C. How much time will pipe B alone take to fill the tank?
25. 6 2/3 * 9 3/5 * 2 1/3 + 1 1/3 = ?
26. If y exceeds x by 25%, then x is less than y by?
27. Thrice the square of a natural number decreased by 4 times the number is equal to 50 more than the number. The number is:
28. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If three marbles are drawn what is the probability that one is yellow and two are red?
29. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. S.I. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was?
30. At what rate percent on simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 30 years?
31. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
32. The average of 35 numbers is 25. If each number is multiplied by 5, find the new average?
33. A circular path of 13 m radius has marginal walk 2 m wide all round it. Find the cost of leveling the walk at 25p per m2?
34. How many seconds will a train 100 meters long take to cross a bridge 150 meters long if the speed of the train is 36 kmph?
35. How many figures are required for numbering the pages of a book containing 1000 pages?
36. A 300 meter long train crosses a platform in 39 seconds while it crosses a signal pole in 18 seconds. What is the length of the platform?
37. Anand and Deepak started a business investing Rs. 22,500 and Rs. 35,000 respectively. Out of a total profit of Rs. 13,800, Deepak's share is:
38. A and B started business in partnership investing Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. After six months, C joined them with Rs. 20,000. What will be B's share in the total profit of Rs. 25,000 earned at the end of 2 years from the starting of the business?
39. A certain sum of money at simple interest amounted Rs.840 in 10 years at 3% per annum, find the sum?
40. What is the difference between the compound interest on Rs.12000 at 20% p.a. for one year when compounded yearly and half yearly?
41. (3a+1 9a+2 27a) / (3a-1 9a 27a+1) = ?
42. How many cubes of edge 2 dm can be cut out of a meter cube?
43. A is thrice as efficient as B and is, therefore, able to finish a piece of work 10 days earlier than B. In how many days A and B will finish it together?
44. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
45. If x = √8 - √7, y = √6 - √5 and z = √10 - 3, which of the following is true?
46. Rs.525 among A, B and C such that B may get 2/3 of A and C together get. Find the share of C?
47. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected, if it should have 5 seniors and 5 juniors?
48. The simple interest on a sum of money is 4/9 of the principal and the number of years is equal to the rate percent. Find the rate and the time?
49. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
50. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the two digits is 63. Which is the smaller of the two numbers?