Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/hr and crosses a 250 m long platform in 26 sec. What is the length of the goods train?
2. A, B and C can do a work in 7 , 14 and 21 days respectively. They completed the work and got Rs.242. What is the share of C?
3. The sum of the present ages of two persons A and B is 60. If the age of A is twice that of B, find the sum of their ages 5 years hence?
4. Mohan's salary was first increased by 20% and then decreased by 20%. If his present salary is Rs. 7200, then what was his original salary?
5. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
6. Murali travelled from city A to city B at a speed of 40 kmph and from city B to city C at 60 kmph. What is the average speed of Murali from A to C given that the ratio of distances between A to B and B to C is 2 : 3?
7. A cylinder and a cone have a same height and same radius of the base. The ratio between the volumes of the cylinder and cone is?
8. 666 / 6 / 3 = ?
9. A garrison of 400 men had a provision for 31 days. After 28 days 280 persons re-enforcement leave the garrison. Find the number of days for which the remaining ration will be sufficient?
10. (22 * 495 + 891 * 44) / (33 * 176 + 55 * 264) = ?
11. What is the sum of all the numbers between 300 and 1000 which are divisible by 179?
12. Sam invested Rs. 15000 @ 10% per annum for one year. If the interest is compounded half-yearly, then the amount received by Sam at the end of the year will be?
13. The radius of a circle is increased by 1%. Find how much % does its area increases?
14. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that they are either blue or yellow?
15. The edges of cuboid are 4 cm; 5 cm and 6 cm. Find its surface area?
16. A man can row with a speed of 15 kmph in still water. If the stream flows at 5
kmph, then the speed in downstream is?
17. The ratio of the volumes of two cubes is 729 : 1331. What is the ratio of their total surface areas?
18. Ramesh purchased a refrigerator for Rs. 12500 after getting a discount of 20% on the labelled price. He spent Rs. 125 on transport and Rs. 250 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 10% if no discount was offered?
19. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
20. The fourth proportional to 5, 8, 15 is:
21. 7 + 1/2 of [8 - 4 / 2 * 3 - 1 + 1 + (4 + 2) - 2 * 2] = ?
22. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
23. A mixture of 150 liters of wine and water contains 20% water. How much more water should be added so that water becomes 25% of the new mixture?
24. 25 2/5 + 8 4/5 + 4/5 = ?
25. 21345 * 45 = 4270 * ?
26. What is the least number, which is perfect square but contains 2700 as its factor?
27. The edge of three cubes of metal is 3 dm, 4 dm and 5 dm. They are melted and formed into a single cube. Find the edge of the new cube?
28. A gets 3 times as much money as B gets, B gets only Rs.25 more then what C gets. The three gets Rs.675 in all. Find the share of B?
29. Avinash is twice as fast as Bharat, and Bharat is one-third as fast as Chandra. If together they can complete a piece of work in 30 days, in how many days can Avinash, Bharat and Chandra do the work respectively?
30. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
31. Find the least multiple of 13 which when divided by 6, 8 and 12 leaves 5, 7 and 11 as remainders respectively?
32. X and Y started a business with capitals Rs. 20000 and Rs. 25000. After few months Z joined them with a capital of Rs. 30000. If the share of Z in the annual profit of Rs. 50000 is Rs. 14000, then after how many months from the beginning did Z join?
33. Pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 8 and 24 minutes respectively. They are opened an alternate minutes. Find how many minutes, the cistern shall be full?
34. Two pipes can fill a tank in 18 minutes and 15 minutes. An outlet pipe can empty the tank in 45 minutes. If all the pipes are opened when the tank is empty, then how many minutes will it take to fill the tank?
35. The perimeter of a rhombus is 68 cm and one of its diagonals is 16 cm. Find its area?
36. A train travelled from station P to Q in 8 hours and came back from station Q to P is 6 hours. What would be the ratio of the speed of the train while traveling from station P to Q to that from station Q to P?
37. A trained covered x km at 40 kmph and another 2x km at 20 kmph. Find the average speed of the train in covering the entire 3x km.
38. The average height of 50 pupils in a class is 150 cm. Five of them whose height is 146 cm, leave the class and five others whose average height is 156 cm, join. The new average height of the pupils of the class (in cm) is __________ .
39. If 6 (A's capital) = 8 (B's capital) = 10 (C's capital). Then the ratio of their capitals is:
40. A tank 3 m long, 2 m wide and 1.5 m deep is dug in a field 20 m long and 14 m wide. If the earth dug out is evenly spread out over the field, the level of the field will raise by nearly?
41. (1714 * 1716) / 17-8 = ?
42. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
43. Find the greatest number of four digits which when divided by 10, 15, 21 and 28 leaves 4, 9, 15 and 22 as remainders respectively?
44. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
45. A certain sum of money at simple interest amounted Rs.840 in 10 years at 3% per annum, find the sum?
46. A candidate who gets 30% of the marks fails by 50 marks. But another candidate who gets 45% marks gets 25 marks more than necessary for passing. Find the number of marks for passing?
47. Two pipes X and Y can separately fill a cistern in 18 and 24 hours respectively. If they are turned on alternately for one hour each, how long will it take to fill the cistern?
48. Simplify the 121 * 175 + 363 * 275
49. At what rate percent per annum will the simple interest on a sum of money be 2/5 of the amount in 10 years?
50. pipes P and Q would fill a cistern 18 and 24 minutes respectively. Both pipes being opened, find when the first pipe must be turned off so that the cistern may be just filled in 12 minutes?