Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The average of 9 observations was 9, that of the 1st of 5 being 10 and that of the last 5 being 8. What was the 5th observation?
2. The cost of 16 pens and 8 pencils is Rs.352 and the cost of 4 pens and 4 pencils is Rs.96. Find the cost of each pen?
3. Two vessels P and Q contain 62.5% and 87.5% of alcohol respectively. If 2 litres from vessel P is mixed with 4 litres from vessel Q, the ratio of alcohol and water in the resulting mixture is?
4. Pipe A can fill a tank in 16 minutes and pipe B cam empty it in 24 minutes. If both the pipes are opened together after how many minutes should pipe B be closed, so that the tank is filled in 30 minutes?
5. A and B can do a piece of work in 7 days. With the help of C they finish the work in 5 days. C alone can do that piece of work in?
6. (800 / 64) * (1296 / 36) = ?
7. A rope of which a calf is tied is increased from 12 m to 23 m, how much additional grassy ground shall it graze?
8. A 270 m long train running at the speed of 120 km/hr crosses another train running in opposite direction at the speed of 80 km/hr in 9 sec. What is the length of the other train?
9. If Rs.450 amount to Rs.540 in 4 years, what will it amount to in 6 years at the same rate % per annum?
10. Find the ratio between whole surfaces of a sphere and a hemisphere?
11. A man was employed on the promise that he will be paid the highest wages per day. The contract money to be paid was Rs. 1189. Finally he was paid only Rs. 1073. For how many days did he actually work?
12. Three numbers are in the ratio 3:4:5 and their L.C.M is 2400. Their H.C.F is:
13. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
14. 1296 ÷ (24 * 0.75) = ?
15. On the independence day, bananas were be equally distributed among the children in a school so that each child would get two bananas. On the particular day 360 children were absent and as a result each child got two extra bananas. Find the actual number of children in the school?
16. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
17. The cost of 10 kg of apples is equal to the cost of 24 kg of rice. The cost of 6 kg of flour equals the cost of 2 kg of rice. The cost of each kg of flour is Rs.20.50. Find the total cost of 4 kg of apples, 3 kg of rice and 5 kg of flour?
18. In each of the following numbers, what should be the missing digit in the indicated place such that the number is a multiple of 11?
19. The radius of the two circular fields is in the ratio 3: 5 the area of the first field is what percent less than the area of the second?
20. Pavan travelled for 11 hours. He covered the first half of the distance at 30 kmph and remaining half of the distance at 25 kmph. Find the distance travelled by Pavan.
21. A man walked 20 m to cross a rectangular field diagonally. If the length of the field is 16 cm. Find the breadth of the field is?
22. A brick measures 20 cm * 10 cm * 7.5 cm how many bricks will be required for a wall 25 m * 2 m * 0.75 m?
23. A and B go around a circular track of length 600 m on a cycle at speeds of 36 kmph and 54 kmph. After how much time will they meet for the first time at the starting point?
24. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 200 meters or 25 seconds. Find the speed of B?
25. A and B put in Rs.300 and Rs.400 respectively into a business. A reinvests into the business his share of the first year's profit of Rs.210 where as B does not. In what ratio should they divide the second year's profit?
26. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24 days, 30 days and 40 days respectively. They began the work together but C left 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days was the work completed?
27. In an examination a pupil's average marks were 63 per paper. If he had obtained 20 more marks for his Geography paper and 2 more marks for his History paper, his average per paper would have been 65. How many papers were there in the examination?
28. If 4 2/3 is subtracted form 10 1/2 and the difference is multiplied by 450, then what is the final answer?
29. A part of certain sum of money is invested at 9% per annum and the rest at 12% per annum, if the interest earned in each case for the same period is equal, then ratio of the sums invested is?
31. 666 / 6 / 3 = ?
32. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: x2 + 2x - 15 = 0?
33. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
34. Six points are marked on a straight line and five points are marked on another line which is parallel to the first line. How many straight lines, including the first two, can be formed with these points?
35. If a and b are the roots of the equation x2 - 9x + 20 = 0, find the value of a2 + b2 + ab?
36. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
37. Find the number of square tiles to cover the floor of a room measuring 4 m * 9 m leaving 0.25 m space around the room. A side of square tile is given to be 25
38. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a train is 45 kmph and including stoppages it is 36 kmph. Of how many minutes does the train stop per hour?
39. The average of the marks of 12 students in a class is 36. If the marks of each student are doubled, find the new average?
40. The number obtained by interchanging the two digits of a two-digit number is less than the original number by 45. If the sum of the two digits of the number so obtained is 13, then what is the original number?
41. A fort of 2000 soldiers has provisions for 50 days. After 10 days some of them left and the food was now enough for the same period of 50 days as before. How
many of them left?
42. The height of two right circular cones are in the ratio 1:2 and their perimeters of their bases are in the ratio 3:4, the ratio of their volume is?
43. Two trains of equal are running on parallel lines in the same direction at 46 km/hr and 36 km/hr. The faster train passes the slower train in 36 sec. The length of each train is?
44. 16.66% of 33.33% of 66.66% of ? = 30
45. A 300 m long train crosses a platform in 39 sec while it crosses a signal pole in 18 sec. What is the length of the platform?
46. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
47. What will be the difference between simple and compound interest at 10% per annum on a sum of Rs. 1000 after 4 years?
48. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
49. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2 : 3, then find the number of pens that D gets ?
50. The current of a stream runs at the rate of 4 kmph. A boat goes 6 km and back to
the starting point in 2 hours, then find the speed of the boat in still water?