Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 is subtracted from each, the new numbers are in the ratio 12:23. The smaller number is:
2. Some pens are divided among A, B, C and D. A gets twice the number of pens that B gets. C gets the same number of pens as D gets. If A gets 25 pens more than D and the ratio of the number of pens that B and C get is 2 : 3, then find the number of pens that D gets ?
3. How many paying stones, each measuring 2 1/2 m * 2 m are required to pave a rectangular court yard 30 m long and 16 1/2 m board?
4. A batsman in his 17th innings makes a score of 85 and their by increasing his average by 3. What is his average after the 17thinnings?
5. The average weight of A, B and C is 45 kg. If the average weight of A and B be 40 kg and that of B and C be 43 kg, then the weight of B is:
6. The ratio of the radius of two circles is 1: 3, and then the ratio of their areas is?
7. One half of a two digit number exceeds its one third by 6. What is the sum of the digits of the number?
8. The third proportional to 1 and 2 is?
9. Five years ago the average of the ages of A and B was 40 years and now the average of the ages of B and C is 48 years. What will be the age of the B ten years hence?
10. Rs. 1300 is divided into three parts A, B and C. How much A is more than C if their ratio is 1/2:1/3:1/4?
11. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
12. An express traveled at an average speed of 100 km/hr, stopping for 3 min after every 75 kn. How long did it take to reach its destination 600 km from the starting point?
13. A and B started business in partnership investing Rs. 20,000 and Rs. 15,000 respectively. After six months, C joined them with Rs. 20,000. What will be B's share in the total profit of Rs. 25,000 earned at the end of 2 years from the starting of the business?
14. The ratio of the present ages of Giri and Hari is 5:8. 12 years hence, the ratio of their ages will be 11:14. Find the difference in their present ages?
15. If the cost price of 50 articles is equal to the selling price of 40 articles, then the gain or loss percent is?
16. A and B can do a piece of work in 12 days and 16 days respectively. Both work for 3 days and then A goes away. Find how long will B take to complete the remaining work?
17. A building contractor employs 20 male, 15 female and 5 child workers. To a male worker he pays Rs.25 per day, to a female worker Rs.20 per day and a child worker Rs.8 per day. The average wage per day paid by the contractor is?
18. Find the area of a parallelogram with base 24 cm and height 16 cm.
19. On multiplying a number by 7, the product is a number each of whose digits is 3. The smallest such number is:
20. 1: 3 = 1 2/3: x. The value of x is?
21. 105 * 99 * 299 = ?
22. Find the least number which when divided by 35 and 11 leaves a remainder of 1 in each case.
23. Find the least multiple of 13 which when divided by 6, 8 and 12 leaves 5, 7 and 11 as remainders respectively?
24. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 2 minutes and 15 minutes respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but 4 minutes after the start the pipe A is turned off. How much time will it take to fill the tank?
25. Find the average of all the numbers between 6 and 34 which are divisible by 5.
26. At what rate of interest is an amount doubled in two years, when compounded annually?
27. Find the expenditure on digging a well 14m deep and of 3m diameter at Rs.15 per cubic meter?
28. There were two candidates in an election. Winner candidate received 62% of votes and won the election by 288 votes. Find the number of votes casted to the winning candidate?
29. The product of two natural numbers is 17. Then, the sum of the reciprocals of their squares is:
30. Solve the equation for x : 6x - 27 + 3x = 4 + 9 - x
31. A man swims downstream 30 km and upstream 18 km taking 3 hours each time, what is
the speed of the man in still water?
32. 666 / 6 / 3 = ?
33. Three pipes of same capacity can fill a tank in 8 hours. If there are only two pipes of same capacity, the tank can be filled in.
34. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
35. The difference between C.I. and S.I. on an amount of Rs. 15,000 for 2 years is Rs. 96. What is the rate of interest per annum?
36. I bought two books; for Rs.480. I sold one at a loss of 15% and other at a gain of 19% and then I found each book was sold at the same price. Find the cost of the book sold at a loss?
37. A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/hr and crosses a 250 m long platform in 26 sec. What is the length of the goods train?
38. Compound interest earned on a sum for the second and the third years are Rs.1200 and Rs.1440 respectively. Find the rate of interest?
39. A bag contains five white and four red balls. Two balls are picked at random from the bag. What is the probability that they both are different color?
40. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 10 and 15 minutes respectively. A person opens both the pipes together when the cistern should have been was full he finds the waste pipe open. He then closes the waste pipe and in another 4 minutes the cistern was full. In what time can the waste pipe empty the cistern when fill?
41. What is the least number, which is perfect square but contains 2700 as its factor?
42. 31.2 * 14.5 * 9.6 = ?
43. Two men can complete a piece of work in four days. Two women can complete the same work in eight days. Four boys can complete the same work in five days. If four men, eight women and 20 boys work together in how many days can the work be completed?
44. A and B invests Rs.10000 each, A investing for 8 months and B investing for all the 12 months in the year. If the total profit at the end of the year is Rs.25000, find their shares?
45. The sum and the product of the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 20x + 3 = 0 are?
46. Varma can read a book in k minutes. What part of the book can he read in 8 minutes?(k>8)
47. If the annual rate of simple interest increases from 10% to 12 1/2 %, a man's yearly income increases by Rs. 1250. His principal in Rs. is?
48. The ratio of the volumes of a cube to that of the sphere which will fit inside the cube is?
49. A take twice as much time as B or thrice as much time to finish a piece of work. Working together, they can finish the work in 2 days. B can do the work alone in?
50. Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 and 24 minutes respectively and a waste pipe can empty 3 gallons per minute. All the three pipes working together can fill the tank in 15 minutes. The capacity of the tank is?