Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A single discount equivalent to the discount series of 20%, 10% and 5% is?
2. The compound interest accrued on an amount of Rs.44000 at the end of two years is Rs.1193.60. What would be the simple interest accrued on the same amount at the same rate in the same period?
3. Two goods trains each 500 m long are running in opposite directions on parallel tracks. Their speeds are 45 km/hr and 30 km/hr respectively. Find the time taken by the slower train to pass the driver of the faster one?
4. Two passenger trains start at the same hour in the day from two different stations and move towards each other at the rate of 16 kmph and 21 kmph respectively.
When they meet, it is found that one train has traveled 60 km more than the other one. The distance between the two stations is?
5. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
6. Pipe A can fill a tank in 6 hours. Due to a leak at the bottom, it takes 9 hours for the pipe A to fill the tank. In what time can the leak alone empty the full tank?
7. Eighteen years ago, a father was three times as old as his son. Now the father is only twice as old his son. Then the sum of the present ages of the son and the father is:
8. Two persons start running simultaneously around a circular track of length 300 m from the same point at speeds of 15 km/hr and 25 km/hr. When will they meet for the first time any where on the track if they are moving in opposite directions?
9. The percentage profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 1920 is equal to the percentage loss incurred by selling the same article for Rs. 1280. At what price should the article be sold to make 25% profit?
10. Nitin’s salary is reduced by 10% and then reduced salary is increased by 10%. Find ,how many percentage his present salary is less as compared to his previous salary?
11. (3a+1 9a+2 27a) / (3a-1 9a 27a+1) = ?
12. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 6 and 24.
13. Two numbers are in the ratio 3:5. If 9 is subtracted from each, the new numbers are in the ratio 12:23. The smaller number is:
14. The difference between simple and compound interests compounded annually on a certain sum of money for 2 years at 4% per annum is Re. 1. The sum (in Rs. ) is?
15. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs. 6.50 per kg. What will be his gain percent?
16. A certain amount earns simple interest of Rs. 1750 after 7 years. Had the interest been 2% more, how much more interest would it have earned?
17. The average of 35 students in a class is 16 years. The average age of 21 students is 14. What is the average age of remaining 14 students?
18. After working for 6 days, Ashok finds that only 1/3 rd of the work has been done. He employs Ravi who is 60% as efficient as Ashok. How many days more would Ravi take to complete the work?
19. The least number which when add 3 to it, completely divided 8, 12 and 18 is?
20. How many liters of oil at Rs.40 per liter should be mixed with 240 liters of a second variety of oil at Rs.60 per liter so as to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.52 per liter?
21. In a kilometer race, A beats B by 50 meters or 10 seconds. What time does A take to complete the race?
22. 5 * 5 ÷ 5 + 5 ÷ 5 = ?
23. I. x2 - x - 42 = 0, II. y2 - 17y + 72 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
24. Simplify the following equation
[(p - q)2 - (p + q)2] / 4p = b/a
25. The sum of five consecutive even numbers of set x is 440. Find the sum of a different set of five consecutive integers whose second least number is 121 less than double the least number of set x?
26. A person's present age is two-fifth of the age of his mother. After 8 years, he will be one-half of the age of his mother. How old id the mother at present?
27. Five bells first begin to toll together and then at intervals of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds respectively. After what interval of time will they toll again together?
28. The greatest number of five digits which is divisible by 32, 36, 40, 42 and 48 is:
29. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
30. How much interest can a person get on Rs. 8200 at 17.5% p.a. simple interest for a period of two years and six months?
31. If the sides of a triangle are 26 cm, 24 cm and 10 cm, what is its area?
32. A train crosses a platform of 120 m in 15 sec, same train crosses another platform of length 180 m in 18 sec. then find the length of the train?
33. The duplicate ratio of 3:4 is?
34. A is twice as fast as B. If B alone can do a piece of work in 30 days, in what time can A and B together complete the work?
35. If the numerator of a fraction is increased by 20% and its denominator is diminished by 25% value of the fraction is 2/15. Find the original fraction.
36. In a division sum, the quotient is 120, the divisor 456 and the remainder 333, find the dividend?
37. A drink vendor has 80 liters of Maaza, 144 liters of Pepsi and 368 liters of Sprite. He wants to pack them in cans, so that each can contains the same number of liters of a drink, and doesn't want to mix any two drinks in a can. What is the least number of cans required?
38. H.C.F of 4 * 27 * 3125, 8 * 9 * 25 * 7 and 16 * 81 * 5 * 11 * 49 is:
39. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?
40. The volume of a cube is 1728 cc. Find its surface.
41. Two vessels P and Q contain 62.5% and 87.5% of alcohol respectively. If 2 litres from vessel P is mixed with 4 litres from vessel Q, the ratio of alcohol and water in the resulting mixture is?
42. The sum of two numbers is 528 and their H.C.F is 33. The number of pairs of numbers satisfying the above conditions is:
43. 5358 * 51 = ?
44. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
45. Two-third of a positive number and 25/216 of its reciprocal are equal. The number is:
46. In a factory, there are 40% technicians and 60% non-technicians. If the 60% of the technicians and 40% of non-technicians are permanent employees, then the percentage of workers who are temporary is?
47. A train 100 meters long completely crosses a 300 meters long bridge in 45 seconds. What is the speed of the train is?
48. A, B and C are entered into a partnership. A invested Rs.6500 for 6 months, B invested Rs.8400 for 5 months and C invested for Rs.10000 for 3 months. A is a
working partner and gets 5% of the total profit for the same. Find the share of C in a total profit of Rs.7400.
49. [(62.25/2.5) + (12.5/0.5)] / [(0.75 * 9) + (3.5 * 3.5)] = ?
50. The sector of a circle has radius of 21 cm and central angle 135o. Find its perimeter?