Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A and B can do a piece of work in 7 days. With the help of C they finish the work in 5 days. C alone can do that piece of work in?
2. Solve the equation for x : 19(x + y) + 17 = 19(-x + y) - 21
3. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
4. Two trains of equal length, running with the speeds of 60 and 40 kmph, take 50 seconds to cross each other while they are running in the same direction. What
time will they take to cross each other if they are running in opposite directions?
5. The number of arrangements that can be made with the letters of the word MEADOWS so that the vowels occupy the even places?
6. If 3 workers collect 48 kg of cotton in 4 days, how many kg of cotton will 9 workers collect in 2 days?
7. A man purchased 3 blankets @ Rs.100 each, 5 blankets @ Rs.150 each and two blankets at a certain rate which is now slipped off from his memory. But he remembers that the average price of the blankets was Rs.150. Find the unknown
rate of two blankets?
8. What percent of 125 is 16?
9. If Rs.7500 are borrowed at C.I at the rate of 4% per annum, then after 2 years the amount to be paid is?
10. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
11. Sreenivas sells a table to Shiva at 10% profit and Shiva sells it to Mahesh at 10% loss. At what price did Sreenivas purchase the table if Mahesh paid Rs. 2178?
12. Robert is traveling on his cycle and has calculated to reach point A at 2 p.m. if he travels at 10 km/hr; he will reach there at 12 noon if he travels at 15 km/hr. At what speed must he travel to reach A at 1 p.m.?
13. What is the perimeter of a square field whose diagonal is 8√2?
14. Two trains 140 m and 160 m long run at the speed of 60 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively in opposite directions on parallel tracks. The time which they take to cross each other is?
15. [(3.572)3 + (2.428)3] / [(3.572)2 - (3.572) * (2.428) + (2.428)2] is equal to -.
16. If one-third of one fourth of a number is 15, then three-tenth of that number is:
17. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
18. A can do a piece of work in 10 days. He works at it for 4 days and then B finishes it in 9 days. In how many days can A and B together finish the work?
19. What will be the ratio of simple interest earned by certain amount at the same rate of interest for 6 years and that for 9 years?
20. A can do a piece of work in 15 days and B in 20 days. They began the work together but 5 days before the completion of the work, A leaves. The work was
21. A sum of money place at compound interest doubles itself in 4 years. In how many years will it amount to eight times itself?
22. If a solid sphere of radius 10 cms is moulded into 8 spherical solid balls of equal radius, then surface area of each ball (in cm2) is?
23. Find the greatest four digit number which leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5 when divided by 15 and 24.
24. 106 * 106 - 94 * 94 = ?
25. The areas of the two spheres are in the ratio 1: 4. The ratio of their volume is?
26. 32% of 425 - ?% of 250 = 36
27. The speed of a car is 90 km in the first hour and 60 km in the second hour. What is the average speed of the car?
28. The area of a triangle is with base 4m and height 5m?
29. The dimensions of an open box are 52, 40 and 29 cms. Its thickness is 2 cms. If 1 cm3 of metal used in the box weighs 0.5 gms, the weight of the box
30. (1000)9/1024 = ?
31. Anand and Deepak started a business investing Rs. 22,500 and Rs. 35,000 respectively. Out of a total profit of Rs. 13,800, Deepak's share is:
32. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If four marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that none is blue?
33. If x = √196 + √200, then x/2 + 2/x is?
34. After working for 6 days, Ashok finds that only 1/3 rd of the work has been done. He employs Ravi who is 60% as efficient as Ashok. How many days more would Ravi take to complete the work?
35. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
36. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?
37. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
38. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
39. 21345 * 45 = 4270 * ?
40. The spherical ball of lead 3 cm in diameter is melted and recast into 3 spherical balls. The diameters of two of these are 1 ½ cm and 2 cm respectively. The
diameter of third ball is?
41. If rupee one produces rupees nine over a period of 40 years, find the rate of simple interest?
42. Three seventh of a number is 12 more than 40% of that number. What will be the 60% of that number?
43. If an article is sold at 19% profit instead of 12% profit, then the profit would be Rs. 105 more. What is the cost price?
44. The fourth proportional to 5, 8, 15 is:
45. 12 3/4 * (1 2/17 / 8 1/6) / 5 4/3 = ?
46. If x = √11 + √20, y = √15 + √17 and z = √14 + √18, then which of the following holds true?
47. A room is 4 meters 37 cm long and 3 meters 23cm broad. It is required to pave the floor with minimum square slabs. Find the number of slabs required for this purpose?
48. The average of 10 numbers is 23. If each number is increased by 4, what will the new average be?
49. The sale price of an article including the sales tax is Rs. 616. The rate of sales tax is 10%. If the shopkeeper has made a profit of 12%, then the cost price of the article is:
50. The L.C.M of 23 * 32 * 5 and 33 * 5 2 * 23 is.