Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Present ages of Sameer and Anand are in the ratio of 5:4 respectively. Three years hence, the ratio of their ages will become 11:9 respectively. What is Anand's present age in years?
2. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
3. The greatest number of five digits which is divisible by 32, 36, 40, 42 and 48 is:
4. 3/20 is what percent of 12/25?
5. A dishonest dealer professes to sell his goods at Cost Price but still gets 20% profit by using a false weight. What weight does he substitute for a kilogram?
6. A sum of money is put out at compound interest for 2 years at 20%. It would fetch Rs.482 more if the interest were payable half-yearly, then it were pay able yearly. Find the sum.
7. Subtracting 10% from X is the same as multiplying X by what number?
8. A train 100 m long crosses a platform 125 m long in 15 sec; find the speed of the train?
9. (182 - 92 * 3) / (675 * ?) = 4
10. When the numerator of a fraction is decreased by 25% and its denominator is decreased by 20%, the new fraction obtained is 3/4. Find the original fraction?
11. There were two candidates in an election. Winner candidate received 62% of votes and won the election by 288 votes. Find the number of votes casted to the winning candidate?
12. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
13. The fourth proportional to 12, 14 and 18 is?
14. A is thrice as efficient as B and is, therefore, able to finish a piece of work 10 days earlier than B. In how many days A and B will finish it together?
15. An amount of money is to be divided between P, Q and R in the ratio of 3:7:12. If the difference between the shares of P and Q is Rs.2400, what will be the
difference between Q and R's share?
16. Sakshi can do a piece of work in 20 days. Tanya is 25% more efficient than Sakshi. The number of days taken by Tanya to do the same piece of work is?
17. The average age of three boys is 15 years and their ages are in proportion 3:5:7. What is the age in years of the youngest boy?
18. In a can, there is a mixture of milk and water in the ratio 4 : 5. If it is filled with an additional 8 litres of milk the can would be full and ratio of milk and water would become 6 : 5. Find the capacity of the can?
19. 35 + 15 * 1.5 = ?
20. 5 men and 12 boys finish a piece of work in 4 days, 7 men and 6 boys do it in 5 days. The ratio between the efficiencies of a man and boy is?
21. If A, B and C together can finish a piece of work in 4 days. A alone in 12 days and B in 18 days, then C alone can do it in?
22. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
23. Two same glasses are respectively 1/4th 1/5th full of milk. They are then filled with water and the contents mixed in a tumbler. The ratio of milk and water in the tumbler is?
24. A man whose speed is 4.5 kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and
back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 kmph, find his average
speed for the total journey?
25. If the price of gold increases by 50%, find by how much the quantity of ornaments must be reduced, so that the expenditure may remain the same as before?
26. If Rs.450 amount to Rs.540 in 4 years, what will it amount to in 6 years at the same rate % per annum?
27. If the cost price of 12 pens is equal to the selling price of 8 pens, the gain percent is:
28. Ram's age and Shyam's age are in the ratio 3 : 4. Seven years ago the ratio of their ages was 2: 3. Find the ratio of their ages five years hence?
29. The volumes of two cubes are in the ratio 27: 125, what shall be the ratio of their surface areas?
30. The sides of a cube are in the ratio 1:2 the ratio of their volume is?
31. A can run a kilometer race in 4 1/2 min while B can run same race in 5 min. How many meters start can A give B in a kilometer race, so that the race mat end in a dead heat?
32. The sum of the two digits of a number is 10. If the number is subtracted from the number obtained by reversing its digits, the result is 54. Find the number?
33. The radius of a cylinder is 2 r units and height is 3 r units. Find the curved surface?
34. Rs.8000 become Rs.9261 in a certain interval of time at the rate of 5% per annum of C.I. Find the time?
35. 4 * 0.4 * 0.04 * 0.004 = ?
36. Which of the following fractions is the largest?
37. 9 men and 12 boys finish a job in 12 days, 12 men and 12 boys finish it in 10 days. 10 men and 10 boys shall finish it in how many days?
38. Roja and Pooja start moving in the opposite directions from a pole. They are moving at the speeds of 2 km/hr and 3 km/hr respectively. After 4 hours what will be the distance between them?
39. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks out of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
40. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
41. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
42. If 6 (A's capital) = 8 (B's capital) = 10 (C's capital). Then the ratio of their capitals is:
43. A sum of Rs.4800 is invested at a compound interest for three years, the rate of interest being 10% p.a., 20% p.a. and 25% p.a. for the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd years respectively. Find the interest received at the end of the three years.
44. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
45. Salaries of Ravi and Sumit are in the ratio 2:3. If the salary of each is increased by Rs. 4000, the new ratio becomes 40:57. What is Sumit's present salary?
46. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
47. If y exceeds x by 25%, then x is less than y by?
48. A two-digit number is such that the product of the digits is 8. When 18 is added to the number, then the digits are reversed. The number is:
49. The average of first five prime numbers greater than 20 is?
50. The cash difference between the selling prices of an article at a profit of 4% and 6% is Rs. 3. The ratio of the two selling prices is: