Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: x2 + 2x - 15 = 0?
2. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
3. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?
4. 50 men can complete a work in 65 days.Five days after started the work, 20 men left the group. In how many days can the remaining work be completed?
5. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
6. The age of father 10 years ago was thrice the age of his son. Ten years hence, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
7. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
8. 3/20 is what percent of 12/25?
9. In what time will Rs.4000 lent at 3% per annum on simple interest earn as much interest as Rs.5000 will earn in 5 years at 4% per annum on simple interest?
10. A bag contains a certain number of 50 paise coins, 20 paise coins and 10 paise coins inthe ratio 2:3:4. If the total value of all the coins in the bag is Rs.400, find the number of coins of each kind?
11. A and B start a business with Rs.6000 and Rs.8000 respectively. Hoe should they share their profits at the end of one year?
12. In the first 10 overs of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?
13. 9 3/4 + 7 2/17 - 9 1/15 = ?
14. The slant height of a cone is 12 cm and radius of the base is 4cm, find the curved surface of the cone.
15. A train sets off at 2 p.m. at the speed of 70 kmph. Another train starts at 3:30 p.m. in the same direction at the rate of 85 kmph. At what time the trains will meet?
16. Find the ratio between whole surfaces of a sphere and a hemisphere?
17. A can do a piece of work in 10 days and B can do it in 15 days and C can do it 20 days. They started the work together and A leaves after 2 days and B leaves after 4 days from the beginning. How long will work lost?
18. The product of two numbers is 2028 and their H.C.F is 13. The number of such pairs is:
19. The ratio of two natural numbers is 5:6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
20. 12 3/4 * (1 2/17 / 8 1/6) / 5 4/3 = ?
21. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
22. One train is traveling 45 kmph and other is at 10 meters a second. Ratio of the speed of the two trains is?
23. A cylinder and a cone have a same height and same radius of the base. The ratio between the volumes of the cylinder and cone is?
24. The sum of the numbers is 264. If the first number be twice the second and third number be one-third of the first, then the second number is:
25. A boy goes to his school from his house at a speed of 3 km/hr and returns at a speed of 2 km/hr. If he takes 5 hours in going and coming. The distance between his house and school is?
26. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
27. The side of a rhombus is 26 m and length of one of its diagonals is 20 m. The area of the rhombus is?
28. The average age of a husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
29. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
30. Find the least number which when divided by 35 and 11 leaves a remainder of 1 in each case.
31. On an order of 5 dozen boxes of a consumer product, a retailer receives an extra dozen free. This is equivalent to allowing him a discount of:
32. A, B, C and D enter into partnership. A subscribes 1/3 of the capital B 1/4, C 1/5 and D the rest. How much share did A get in a profit of Rs.2460?
33. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
34. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
35. Rajan borrowed Rs.4000 at 5% p.a compound interest. After 2
years, he repaid Rs.2210 and after 2 more year, the balance with interest. What
was the total amount that he paid as interest?
36. A rectangular field 30 m long and 20 m broad. How much deep it should be dug so that from the earth taken out, a platform can be formed which is 8 m long, 5.5 m broad and 1.5 m high where as the earth taken out is increase by 10/5?
37. If the C.I. on a sum for 2 years at 12 1/2 % per annum is Rs. 510, the S.I. on the same sum at the same rate for the same period of time is?
38. A and B invests Rs.8000 and Rs.9000 in a business. After 4 months, A withdraws half of his capital and 2 months later, B withdraws one-third of his capital. In what ratio should they share the profits at the end of the year?
39. Sides of a rectangular park are in the ratio 3: 2 and its area is 3750 sq m, the cost of fencing it at 50 ps per meter is?
40. 2758 + 20581 - 17889 = ?
41. Three seventh of a number is 12 more than 40% of that number. What will be the 60% of that number?
LCM of 18 and 27 is:
43. 2 1/3 + 4 1/6 - 2 2/3 - 1 1/2 = 2 ?/3
44. The distance between Delhi and Mathura is 110 kms. A starts from Delhi with a speed of 20 kmph at 7 a.m. for Mathura and B starts from Mathura with a speed of 25 kmph at 8 p.m. from Delhi. When will they meet?
45. The simple interest on a sum of money is 4/9 of the principal and the number of years is equal to the rate percent. Find the rate and the time?
46. By selling 50 meters of cloth. I gain the selling price of 15 meters. Find the gain percent?
47. The average monthly income of P and Q is Rs. 5050. The average monthly income of Q and R is 6250 and the average monthly income of P and R is Rs. 5200. The monthly income of P is:
48. If x is the interest on y and y is the interest on z, the rate and time is the
same on both the cases. What is the relation between x, y and z?
49. ³√4900 + 123 = ? / 33.004
50. The edge of three cubes of metal is 3 dm, 4 dm and 5 dm. They are melted and formed into a single cube. Find the edge of the new cube?