Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The average of 9 observations was 9, that of the 1st of 5 being 10 and that of the last 5 being 8. What was the 5th observation?
2. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
3. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
4. A man buys two articles for Rs.1980 each and he gains 10% on the first and loses 10% on the next. Find his total gain or loss percent?
5. Find the C.I. on a sum of Rs.1600 for 9 months at 20% per annum, interest being compounded quarterly?
6. A 25 cm wide path is to be made around a circular garden having a diameter of 4 meters. Approximate area of the path is square meters is
7. The probability that a number selected at random from the first 50 natural numbers is a composite number is -.
8. After 38 liters of petrol were poured into the tank, it was still 5% empty. How much petrol must be poured into the tank in order to fill it?
9. (1714 * 1716) / 17-8 = ?
10. If 10% of x = 20% of y, then x:y is equal to:
11. The average of 35 students in a class is 16 years. The average age of 21 students is 14. What is the average age of remaining 14 students?
12. Two varieties of wheat - A and B costing Rs. 9 per kg and Rs. 15 per kg were mixed in the ratio 3 : 7. If 5 kg of the mixture is sold at 25% profit, find the profit made?
13. Find the 37.5% of 976 =
14. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
15. Every year an amount increases by 1/8th of itself. How much will it be after two years if its present value is Rs.64000?
16. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
17. A does a work in 10 days and B does the same work in 15 days. In how many days they together will do the same work?
18. The sum of money at compound interest amounts to thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it be 9 times itself?
19. A reduction of 20% in the price of salt enables a lady to obtain 10kgs more for Rs.100, find the original price per kg?
20. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
21. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in such a way that the number of trees in each row should be the same. If there are 4 rows or 5 rows or 6 rows, then no tree will be left. Find the least number of trees required.
22. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
23. A train 540 meters long is running with a speed of 54 kmph. The time taken by it to cross a tunnel 180 meters long is?
24. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
25. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
26. The average age 9 members of a committee are the same as it was 2 years ago, because an old number has been replaced by a younger number. Find how much younger is the new member than the old number?
27. In a partnership between A, B and C. A's capital is Rs.5000. If his share of a profit of Rs.800 is Rs.200 and C's share is Rs.130, what is B's capital?
28. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank in 6 hours. After working at it together for 2 hours. C is closed A and B can fill the remaining par in 7 hours. The number of hours taken by C alone to fill the tank is?
29. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting a group of eight persons?
30. Sushil got thrice as many marks in English as in Science. His total marks in English, Science and Maths are 162. If the ratio of his marks in English and Maths is 3:5, find his marks in Science?
31. The altitude of an equilateral triangle of side 2√3 cm is?
32. How much more would Rs.20000 fetch, after two years, if it is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable half yearly than if is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable yearly?
33. Ravi purchased a refrigerator and a mobile phone for Rs. 15000 and Rs. 8000 respectively. He sold the refrigerator at a loss of 4 percent and the mobile phone at a profit of 10 percent. Overall he make a.
34. The profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 832 is equal to the loss incurred when the same article is sold for Rs. 448. What should be the sale price for making 50% profit?
35. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
36. The sum of two numbers is 528 and their H.C.F is 33. The number of pairs of numbers satisfying the above conditions is:
37. The compound ratio of 2/3, 6/7, 1/3 and 1/8 is given by?
38. The difference between compound and simple interest on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 6 2/3% p.a is Rs.184. Find the sum?
39. A circular path of 13 m radius has marginal walk 2 m wide all round it. Find the cost of leveling the walk at 25p per m2?
40. The sum of the square of the three consecutive even natural numbers is 1460. Find the numbers?
41. There are some pigeons and hares in a zoo. If heads are counted, there are 200. If legs are counted, there are 580. The number of hares in the zoo is?
42. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs. 4 less than half of the total amount, B's share is Rs. 8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the rest which is Rs. 14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
43. A pipe can fill a cistern in 20 minutes whereas the cistern when fill can be emptied by a leak in 28 minutes. When both pipes are opened, find when the cistern will be full?
44. What is the difference between the C.I. on Rs. 5000 for 1 1/2 years at 4% per annum compounded yearly and half-yearly?
45. (0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 + 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8) / (1.6 * 1.6 * 1.6 + 1.8 * 1.8 * 1.8) = ?
46. LCM of 1/3, 5/6, 5/4, 10/7 is:
47. A person can swim in still water at 4 km/h. If the speed of water 2 km/h, how
many hours will the man take to swim back against the current for 6km?
48. A boy goes to his school from his house at a speed of 3 km/hr and returns at a speed of 2 km/hr. If he takes 5 hours in going and coming. The distance between his house and school is?
49. Which of the following has most number of divisors?
50. A man walked 20 m to cross a rectangular field diagonally. If the length of the field is 16 cm. Find the breadth of the field is?