Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A number consists of two digits. If 3/5 of 1/5 of the number is 9. Find the sum of its two digits?
2. The ratio of investments of two partners P and Q is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10. If P invested the money for 5 months, find for how much time
did Q invest the money?
3. If cost of sugar increases by 25%. How much percent consumption of sugar should be decreased in order to keep expenditure fixed?
4. A is faster than B. A and B each walk 24 km. The sum of their speeds is 7 km/hr and the sum of times taken by them is 14 hours. Then, A's speed is equal to?
5. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 292. What would be the smallest number?
6. Rs.8000 become Rs.9261 in a certain interval of time at the rate of 5% per annum of C.I. Find the time?
7. The average weight of a group of boys is 30 kg. After a boy of weight 35 kg joins the group, the average weight of the group goes up by 1 kg. Find the number of boys in the group originally ?
8. An amount of Rs. 3000 becomes Rs. 3600 in four years at simple interest. If the rate of interest was 1% more, then what was be the total amount?
9. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 200 meters or 25 seconds. Find the speed of B?
10. In how many ways can a committee consisting of three men and four women be formed from a group of six men and seven women?
11. Three men start together to travel the same way around a circular track of 11 kilometers in circumference. Their speeds are 4, 5 and 8 kilometers per hour respectively. When will they meet at a starting point?
12. A, B and C enter into partnership. A invests some money at the beginning, B invests double the amount after 6 months, and C invests thrice the amount after
8 months. If the annual gain be Rs.18000. A's share is?
13. A thief steals at a car at 2.30 p.m. and drives it at 60 km/hr. The theft is discovered at 3 p.m. and the owner sets off in another car at 75 km/hr. When will he overtake the thief?
14. If A:B = 1/2: 1/3 B:C = 1/2:1/3 then A:B:C?
15. The average of 1st 3 of 4 numbers is 16 and of the last 3 are 15. If the sum of the first and the last number is 13. What is the last numbers?
16. A certain sum becomes Rs. 20720 in four years and 24080 in six years at simple interest. Find sum and rate of interest?
17. (562 - 242) * 1/32 + ?% of 1200 = 146
18. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
19. In a game of billiards, A can give B 20 points in 60 and he can give C 30 points in 60. How many points can B give C in a game of 100?
20. Anand and Deepak started a business investing Rs. 22,500 and Rs. 35,000 respectively. Out of a total profit of Rs. 13,800, Deepak's share is:
21. How long does a train 165 meters long running at the rate of 54 kmph take to cross a bridge 660 meters in length?
22. There is 60% increase in an amount in 6 years at S.I. What will be the C.I. of Rs. 12,000 after 3 years at the same rate?
23. 32% of 425 - ?% of 250 = 36
24. The speed of a boat in still water is 60kmph and the speed of the current is 20kmph. Find the speed downstream and upstream?
25. Anil invested a sum of money at a certain rate of simple interest for a period of five years. Had he invested the sum for a period of eight years for the same rate, the total intrest earned by him would have been sixty percent more than the earlier interest amount. Find the rate of interest p.a.
26. A tank is filled by three pipes with uniform flow. The first two pipes operating simultaneously fill the tank in the same during which the tank is filled by the third pipe alone. The second pipe fills the tank 5 hours faster than the first pipe and 4 hours slower than the third pipe. The time required by the first pipe is?
27. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% and its consumption increased by 15%. The effect on revenue is?
28. 25 * 25 / 25 + 15 * 40 = ?
29. Two pipes can fill a tank in 18 minutes and 15 minutes. An outlet pipe can empty the tank in 45 minutes. If all the pipes are opened when the tank is empty, then how many minutes will it take to fill the tank?
30. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
31. Walking 7/6 of his usual rate, a boy reaches his school 4 min early. Find his usual time to reach the school?
32. 4500 * ? = 3375
33. The least number of four digits which is divisible by 4, 6, 8 and 10 is?
34. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. What is the total distance traveled by the man?
35. A and B can do a piece of work in 7 days. With the help of C they finish the work in 5 days. C alone can do that piece of work in?
36. The speed of a boat in upstream is 60 kmph and the speed of the boat downstream is 80 kmph. Find the speed of the boat in still water and the speed of the stream?
37. A bag contains equal number of Rs.5, Rs.2 and Re.1 coins. If the total amount in the bag is Rs.1152, find the number of coins of each kind?
38. If selling price is doubled, the profit triples. Find the profit percent:
39. (8x9 / 27y-6)-2/3 = ?
40. Find the cost of fencing around a circular field of diameter 28 m at the rate of Rs.1.50 a meter?
41. The probability that A speaks truth is 3/5 and that of B speaking truth is 4/7. What is the probability that they agree in stating the same fact?
42. A father said to his son, "I was as old as you are at present at the time of your birth." If the father's age is 38 years now, the son's age five years back was:
43. If (461 + 462 + 463 + 464) is divisible by ?, then ? =
44. Two pipes A and B together can fill a cistern in 4 hours. Had they been opened separately, then B would have taken 6 hours more than A to fill cistern. How much time will be taken by A to fill the cistern separately?
45. On dividing 2272 as well as 875 by 3-digit number N, we get the same remainder. The sum of the digits of N is:
46. By how much is 3/5th of 875 greater than 2/3 of 333?
47. The value of a machine depreciates at 20% per annum. If its present value is Rs. 1,50,000, at what price should it be sold after two years such that a profit of Rs. 24,000 is made?
48. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
49. In how much time will a train of length 100 m, moving at 36 kmph cross an electric pole?
50. Two trains of equal length, running with the speeds of 60 and 40 kmph, take 50 seconds to cross each other while they are running in the same direction. What
time will they take to cross each other if they are running in opposite directions?