Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the amount on Rs.8000 in 9 months at 20% per annum, if the interest being compounded quarterly?
2. The L.C.M of two numbers is 495 and their H.C.F is 5. If the sum of the numbers is 10, then their difference is:
3. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
4. 16 men can complete a piece of work in 25 days. In how many days can 20 men complete that piece of work?
5. Present ages of Sameer and Anand are in the ratio of 5:4 respectively. Three years hence, the ratio of their ages will become 11:9 respectively. What is Anand's present age in years?
6. Rs.8000 become Rs.9261 in a certain interval of time at the rate of 5% per annum of C.I. Find the time?
7. The cash difference between the selling prices of an article at a profit of 4% and 6% is Rs. 3. The ratio of the two selling prices is:
8. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3 % more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
9. An automobile financier claims to be lending money at S.I., but he includes the interest every six months for calculating the principal. If he is charging an interest of 10%, the effective rate of interest becomes?
10. Using all the letters of the word "THURSDAY", how many different words can be formed?
11. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 15 days, C and A in 20 days. If A, B and C work together, they will complete the work in?
12. There are two circles of different radii. The are of a square is 784 sq cm and its side is twice the radius of the larger circle. The radius of the larger circle is seven - third that of the smaller circle. Find the circumference of the smaller circle.
13. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
14. Find the sum lend at C.I. at 5 p.c per annum will amount to Rs.441 in 2 years?
15. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4 : 5 : 6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
16. The sides of a cube are in the ratio 1:2 the ratio of their volume is?
17. How many meters of carpet 50cm, wide will be required to cover the floor of a room 30m * 20m?
18. 7 + 1/2 of [8 - 4 / 2 * 3 - 1 + 1 + (4 + 2) - 2 * 2] = ?
19. An amount of Rs. 3000 becomes Rs. 3600 in four years at simple interest. If the rate of interest was 1% more, then what was be the total amount?
20. A dealer purchased an article at 3/4 of its list price and sold 50% more than the list price. Find his gain percent?
21. On multiplying a number by 7, the product is a number each of whose digits is 3. The smallest such number is:
22. Salaries of Ravi and Sumit are in the ratio 2:3. If the salary of each is increased by Rs. 4000, the new ratio becomes 40:57. What is Sumit's present salary?
23. The ratio of numbers is 3:4 and their H.C.F is 4. Their L.C.M is:
24. Find the least square number which is divisible by 10, 12, 15 and 18?
25. What is the area of square field whose side of length 15 m?
26. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
27. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
28. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5 : 4. If the income of the person is Rs. 18000, then find his savings.
29. Find the roots of quadratic equation: x2 + x - 42 = 0?
30. 12 men can complete a piece of work in 4 days, while 15 women can complete the same work in 4 days. 6 men start working on the job and after working for 2 days, all of them stopped working. How many women should be put on the job to complete the remaining work, if it so to be completed in 3 days?
31. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
32. A sum of Rs.4800 is invested at a compound interest for three years, the rate of interest being 10% p.a., 20% p.a. and 25% p.a. for the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd years respectively. Find the interest received at the end of the three years.
33. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together but after 3 minutes A is turned off. After how much more time will the cistern be filled?
34. A certain sum amounts to Rs.1725 in 3 years and Rs.1875 in 5 years. Find the rate
% per annum?
35. X and Y started a business with capitals Rs. 20000 and Rs. 25000. After few months Z joined them with a capital of Rs. 30000. If the share of Z in the annual profit of Rs. 50000 is Rs. 14000, then after how many months from the beginning did Z join?
36. Compound interest earned on a sum for the second and the third years are Rs.1200 and Rs.1440 respectively. Find the rate of interest?
37. The difference between a number and its three-fifth is 50. What is the number?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. A and B go around a circular track of length 600 m on a cycle at speeds of 36 kmph and 54 kmph. After how much time will they meet for the first time at the starting point?
40. A sells a bicycle to B at a profit of 20%. B sells it to C at a profit of 25%. If C pays Rs. 225 for it, the cost price of the bicycle for A is:
41. Find the least number when successively divided by 2, 3 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively?
42. Two men and three women working 7 hours a day finish a work in 5 days. Four men and four women working 3 hours a day complete the work in 7 days. The number of
days in which only 7 men working 4 hours a day will finish the work is?
43. 64309 - 8703 + 798 - 437 = ?
44. 26.98% of 6002 + 45.01% of 4199 = ?
45. Find the greatest number which is such that when 697, 909 and 1227 are divided by it, the remainders are all the same?
46. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
47. How long does a train 110 m long running at the speed of 72 km/hr takes to cross a bridge 132 m length?
48. If 10% of x = 20% of y, then x:y is equal to:
49. A cistern has three pipes, A, B and C. The pipes A and B can fill it in 4 and 5 hours respectively and C can empty it in 2 hours. If the pipes are opened in order at 1, 2 and 3 A.M. When will the cistern be empty?
50. The ratio between the present ages of A and B is 5:3 respectively. The ratio between A's age 4 years ago and B's age 4 years hence is 1:1. What is the ratio between A's age 4 years hence and B's age 4 years ago?