Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Simple interest on a sum at 4% per annum for 2 years is Rs.80. The C.I. on the same sum for the same period is?
2. The ratio of the prices of three articles X, Y and Z is 8 : 5 : 3. If the prices of X , Y and Z are increased by 25%, 20% and 33 1/3% respectively, then what would be the ratio of the new prices of X, Y and Z?
3. If the L.C.M of two numbers is 750 and their product is 18750, find the H.C.F of the numbers.
4. The radius of a cylindrical vessel is 7cm and height is 3cm. Find the whole surface of the cylinder?
5. An amount of money is to be divided between P, Q and R in the ratio of 3:7:12. If the difference between the shares of P and Q is Rs.2400, what will be the
difference between Q and R's share?
6. The difference between a positive proper fraction and its reciprocal is 9/20. The fraction is:
7. 9 3/4 + 7 2/17 - 9 1/15 = ?
8. A walks around a circular field at the rate of one round per hour while B runs around it at the rate of six rounds per hour. They start in the same direction from the same point at 7.30 a.m. They shall first cross each other at?
9. Surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4 what is the ratio of their volumes?
10. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
11. The length and breadth of a rectangle is increased by 10% and 25% respectively. What is the increase in the area?
12. A number is doubled and 9 is added. If the resultant is trebled, it becomes 75. What is that number?
13. The base of a right triangle is 8 and hypotenuse is 10. Its area is?
14. A man can swim in still water at 4.5 km/h, but takes twice as long to swim
upstream than downstream. The speed of the stream is?
15. Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 and 24 minutes respectively and a waste pipe can empty 3 gallons per minute. All the three pipes working together can fill the tank in 15 minutes. The capacity of the tank is?
16. How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132?
17. A and B put in Rs.300 and Rs.400 respectively into a business. A reinvests into the business his share of the first year's profit of Rs.210 where as B does not. In what ratio should they divide the second year's profit?
18. Pipes A and B can fill a tank in 5 and 6 hours respectively. Pipe C can empty it in 12 hours. If all the three pipes are opened together, then the tank will be filled in?
19. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. When he had worked for 2 days B joins him. If the complete work was finished in 8 days. In how many days B alone can
finish the work?
20. If 30% of a number exceeds 20% of it by 18, then find the number?
21. If one-third of one fourth of a number is 15, then three-tenth of that number is:
22. 8988 / 8 / 4 = ?
23. ³√4900 + 123 = ? / 33.004
24. 2222.2 + 222.22 + 22.222 = ?
25. A man can row his boat with the stream at 6 km/h and against the stream in 4
km/h. The man's rate is?
26. From a pack of cards two cards are drawn one after the other, with replacement. The probability that the first is a red card and the second is a king is -.
27. A man can row 6 kmph in still water. When the river is running at 1.2 kmph, it
takes him 1 hour to row to a place and black. What is the total distance traveled by the man?
28. The average amount with a group of seven numbers is Rs. 20. If the newly joined member has Rs. 50 with him, what was the average amount with the group before his joining the group?
29. If 12 men can reap 120 acres of land in 36 days, how many acres of land can 54 men reap in 54 days?
30. The area of a triangle will be when a = 1m, b = 2m, c = 3m, a, b, c being lengths of respective sides.
31. Ram professes to sell his goods at the cost price but he made use of 900 grms instead of a kg, what is the gain percent?
32. There is food for 760 men for 22 days. How many more men should join after two days so that the same food may last for 19 days more?
33. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24, 30 and 40 days respectively. They start the work together but C leaves 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days is the work done?
34. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?
35. Three numbers are in the ratio 5 : 6 : 7. The sum of its longest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
36. A number exceeds by 25 from its 3/8 part. Then the number is?
37. The C.P of 10 pens is equal to the S.P of 12 pens. Find his gain % or loss%?
38. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
39. A number when, 28 subtracted from it reduces to its one third. What is the value of 50% of that number?
40. In an examination, 47% failed in English and 54% failed in Mathematics. Find the pass percentage in both the subjects if 31% failed in both the subjects?
41. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C, in the ratio 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4. Find the share of C?
42. (3a+1 9a+2 27a) / (3a-1 9a 27a+1) = ?
43. The fourth proportional to 12, 14 and 18 is?
44. 3251 + 587 + 369 - ? = 3007
45. Two passenger trains start at the same hour in the day from two different stations and move towards each other at the rate of 16 kmph and 21 kmph respectively.
When they meet, it is found that one train has traveled 60 km more than the other one. The distance between the two stations is?
46. If x;Y = 5:2, then (8x + 9y):(8x + 2y) is :
LCM of 18 and 27 is:
48. I. a2 - 2a - 8 = 0, II. b2 = 9 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
49. What sum of money will produce Rs.70 as simple interest in 4 years at 3 1/2 percent?
50. A man goes from A to B at a speed of 20 kmph and comes back to A at a speed of 30 kmph. Find his average speed for the entire journey?