Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If 6 men and 8 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days while 26 men and 48 boys can do the same in 2 days, the time taken by 15 men and 20 boys in doing the same type of work will be?
2. The effective annual rate of interest corresponding to a nominal rate of 6% per annum payable half-yearly is?
3. Two men can complete a piece of work in four days. Two women can complete the same work in eight days. Four boys can complete the same work in five days. If four men, eight women and 20 boys work together in how many days can the work be completed?
4. If three eighth of a number is 141. What will be the approximately value of 32.08% of this number?
5. A cistern has a leak which would empty the cistern in 20 minutes. A tap is turned on which admits 4 liters a minute into the cistern, and it is emptied in 24 minutes. How many liters does the cistern hold?
6. In what ratio should a variety of rice costing Rs. 6 per kg be mixed with another variety of rice costing Rs. 8.75 per kg to obtain a mixture costing Rs. 7.50 per kg?
7. In a race of 1000 m, A can beat by 100 m, in a race of 800m, B can beat C by 100m. By how many meters will A beat C in a race of 600 m?
8. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank from empty to full in 30 minutes, 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. When the tank is empty, all the three pipes are opened. A, B and C discharge chemical solutions P, Q and R respectively. What is the proportion of solution R in the liquid in the tank after 3 minutes?
9. 4000 was divided into two parts such a way that when first part was invested at 3%
and the second at 5%, the whole annual interest from both the investments is
Rs.144, how much was put at 3%?
10. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
11. Find the fraction which has the same ratio to 2/13 that 5/34 has to 7/48.
12. After 38 liters of petrol were poured into the tank, it was still 5% empty. How much petrol must be poured into the tank in order to fill it?
13. Two persons A and B take a field on rent. A puts on it 21 horses for 3 months and 15 cows for 2 months; B puts 15 cows for 6months and 40 sheep for 7 1/2 months. If one day, 3 horses eat as much as 5 cows and 6 cows as much as 10 sheep, what part of the rent should A pay?
14. Simran started a software business by investing Rs. 50,000. After six months, Nanda joined her with a capital of Rs. 80,000. After 3 years, they earned a profit of Rs. 24,500. What was Simran's share in the profit?
15. Find the size of the largest square slabs which can be paved on the floor of a room 5 meters 44 cm long and 3 meters 74 cm broad?
16. 9 3/4 + 7 2/17 - 9 1/15 = ?
17. In a division sum, the remainder is 0. As student mistook the divisor by 12 instead of 21 and obtained 35 as quotient. What is the correct quotient?
18. Arun purchased 30 kg of wheat at the rate of Rs. 11.50 per kg and 20 kg of wheat at the rate of 14.25 per kg. He mixed the two and sold the mixture. Approximately what price per kg should be sell the mixture to make 30% profit?
19. What is the least number to be subtracted from 11, 15, 21 and 30 each so that the resultant numbers become proportional?
20. Ratio between two numbers is 3: 4 and their sum is 420. Find the smaller number?
21. 2003 * 2004 - 2001 * 2002 = ?
22. A person was asked to subtract 25% of a number from the original but he subtracted 25 from the number. His answer was 25 more than correct one. What was the original number?
23. By selling 99 pens, a trader gains the cost of 33 pens. Find his gain percentage?
24. An order was placed for the supply of a carpet whose breadth was 6 m and length was 1.44 times the breadth. What be the cost of a carpet whose length and breadth are 40% more and 25% more respectively than the first carpet. Given that the ratio of carpet is Rs. 45 per sq m?
25. If a man can cover 12 metres in one second, how many kilometres can he cover in 3 hours 45 minutes?
26. 30.9 * 3000 - 10.1 * 1100 + 8298 - 4302 = ?
27. Vijay bought 160 shirts at the rate of Rs. 225 per shirt. The transport expenditure was Rs. 1400. He paid an octroi at the rate of Rs. 1.75 per shirt and labour charges were Rs. 320. What should be the selling price of one shirt, if he wants a profit of 20%?
28. A number when, 28 subtracted from it reduces to its one third. What is the value of 50% of that number?
29. The ratio of investments of two partners P and Q is 7:5 and the ratio of their profits is 7:10. If P invested the money for 5 months, find for how much time
did Q invest the money?
30. The parameter of a square is double the perimeter of a rectangle. The area of the rectangle is 480 sq cm. Find the area of the square.
31. A man said to his son, "I was two-third of your present age when you were born". If the present age of the man is 48 years, find the present age of the son?
32. LCM of 455, 117, 338 is:
33. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
34. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting a group of eight persons?
35. The sum and the product of two numbers are 25 and 144 respectively, the difference of the number is?
36. One train is traveling 45 kmph and other is at 10 meters a second. Ratio of the speed of the two trains is?
37. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
38. If x = 3 - √7, then find the value of x + 1/x.
39. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 sec. What is the length of the train?
40. What is the difference between the largest and the smallest number written with 7, 7, 0, 7?
41. Two third of three- fifth of one fourth of a number is 24, what is 30% of that number?
42. A is half good a work man as B and together they finish a job in 14 days. In how many days working alone B finish the job?
43. A train passes a man standing on the platform. If the train is 170 meters long and its speed is 72 kmph, how much time it took in doing so?
44. One root of the quadratic equation x2 - 12x + a = 0, is thrice the other. Find the value of a?
45. A and B rent a pasture for 10 months. A put in 80 cows for 7 months. How many can B put in for the remaining 3 months, if he pays half as much again as A?
46. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
47. 15% of 195 + 14% of 205 = ?
48. 4 men and 6 women can complete a work in 8 days, while 3 men and 7 women can complete it in 10 days. In how many days will 10 women complete it?
49. A train 240 m long passed a pole in 24 sec. How long will it take to pass a platform 650 m long?
50. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?