Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean is:
2. A train leaves Delhi at 9 a.m. at a speed of 30 kmph. Another train leaves at 2 p.m. at a speed of 40 kmph on the same day and in the same direction. How far
from Delhi, will the two trains meet?
3. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
4. A vessel of capacity 90 litres is fully filled with pure milk. Nine litres of milk is removed from the vessel and replaced with water. Nine litres of the solution thus formed is removed and replaced with water. Find the quantity of pure milk in the final milk solution?
5. What profit percent is made by selling an article at a certain price, if by selling at 2/3rd of that price, there would be a loss of 20%?
6. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?
7. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
8. If 6 (A's capital) = 8 (B's capital) = 10 (C's capital). Then the ratio of their capitals is:
9. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is :
10. The population of a city increases at the rate of 4% p.a. but there is an additional annual increase of 1% in the population due to some job seekers. The
percentage increase in the population after 2 years is?
11. 12 men can complete a piece of work in 4 days, while 15 women can complete the same work in 4 days. 6 men start working on the job and after working for 2 days, all of them stopped working. How many women should be put on the job to complete the remaining work, if it so to be completed in 3 days?
12. Siddharth wants to borrow Rs.6000 at rate of interest 6% p.a. at S.I and lend the same amount at C.I at same rate of interest for two years. What would be his income in the above transaction?
13. 12 men complete a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days, 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
14. Kiran travels from A to B by car and returns from B to A by cycle in 7 hours. If he travels both ways by car he saves 3 hours. What is the time taken to cover both ways by cycle?
15. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
16. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
17. P, Q and R have Rs.6000 among themselves. R has two-thirds of the total amount with P and Q. Find the amount with R?
18. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, the same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4:3?
19. A man can row with a speed of 15 kmph in still water. If the stream flows at 5
kmph, then the speed in downstream is?
20. The sum of three consecutive integers is 102. Find the lowest of the three?
21. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
22. Which of the following is the greatest?
23. If x = √11 + √20, y = √15 + √17 and z = √14 + √18, then which of the following holds true?
24. The radius of a cylinder is 2 r units and height is 3 r units. Find the curved surface?
25. The average salary of all the workers in a workshop is Rs. 8000. The average salary of 7 technicians is Rs. 12000 and the average salary of the rest is Rs. 6000. The total number of workers in the workshop is:
26. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
27. By selling an article at Rs.600, a profit of 25% is made. Find its cost price?
28. A bag contains five white and four red balls. Two balls are picked at random from the bag. What is the probability that they both are different color?
29. if (x + y)/(2x + y) = 4/5, then find (2x + y)/(3x + y) ?
30. There are four prime numbers written in ascending order of magnitude. The product of the first three is 385 and of the last three is 1001. Find the fourth number?
31. The edge of a cube is 2a cm. Find its surface?
32. A, B and C are partners in a business. Their capitals are respectively, Rs.5000, Rs.6000 and Rs.4000. A gets 30% of the total profit for managing the business. The remaining profit is divided among three in the ratio of their capitals. In the end of the year, the profit of A is Rs.200 more than the sum of the profits of B and C. Find the total profit.
33. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5:4. If the income of the person is Rs.18000, then find his savings?
34. In a school of 850 boys, 44% of Muslims, 28% Hindus, 10% Sikhs and the remaining of other communities. How many belonged to the other communities?
35. Find the amount on Rs.5000 in 2 years, the rate of interest being 4% per first year and 5% for the second year?
36. Two men Amar and Bhavan have the ratio of their monthly incomes as 6:5. The ratio of their monthly expenditures is 3:2. If Bhavan saves one-fourth of his income, find the ratio of their monthly savings?
37. Two men Amar and Bhuvan have the ratio of their monthly incomes as 6 : 5. The ratio of their monthly expenditures is 3 : 2. If Bhuvan saves one-fourth of his income, find the ratio of their monthly savings?
38. A number consists of two digits. If 3/5 of 1/5 of the number is 9. Find the sum of its two digits?
39. A person covered one-fourth of the total distance at 26 kmph and remaining distance at 24 kmph. What is the average speed for the total distance?
40. Difference between two numbers is 5, six times of the smaller lacks by 6 from the four times of the greater. Find the numbers?
41. A can finish a work in 18 days B can do the same work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work?
42. A man gains 20% by selling an article for a certain price. If the sells it at double the price, the percentage of profit will be:
43. A man leaves a point P at 6 a.m. and reaches the point Q at 10 a.m. another man leaves the point give at 8 a.m. and reaches the point P at 12 noon. At what
time do they meet?
44. I. x2 + 5x + 6 = 0, II. y2 + 9y +14 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
45. The dimensions of an open box are 52, 40 and 29 cms. Its thickness is 2 cms. If 1 cm3 of metal used in the box weighs 0.5 gms, the weight of the box
46. Albert buys 4 horses and 9 cows for Rs. 13,400. If he sells the horses at 10% profit and the cows at 20% profit, then he earns a total profit of Rs. 1880. The cost of a horse is:
47. The sum of the two numbers is 12 and their product is 35. What is the sum of the reciprocals of these numbers?
48. Two pipes P and Q can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together, but at the end of 3 minutes the first is turned off. How much longer will the cistern take to fill?
49. [(3.572)3 + (2.428)3] / [(3.572)2 - (3.572) * (2.428) + (2.428)2] is equal to -.
50. (5 - 7)2 * (6 - 9)2 / (23)-2 = ?