Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A sum of money triples itself in twelve years at simple interest. Find the rate of interest?
2. In each of the following numbers, what should be the missing digit in the indicated place such that the number is a multiple of 11?
3. A thief is noticed by a policeman from a distance of 200 m. The thief starts running and the policeman chases him. The thief and the policeman run at the rate of 10 km and 11 km per hour respectively. What is the distance between them after 6 minutes?
4. 4 * 0.4 * 0.04 * 0.004 = ?
5. The ratio between the school ages of Neelam and Shaan is 5:6 respectively. If the ratio between the one-third age of Neelam and half of Shaan's age of 5:9, then what is the school age of Shaan?
6. The age of father 10 years ago was thrice the age of his son. Ten years hence, father's age was five times the age of the son. After 6 years, son's age will be:
7. In a bag, there are coins of 25 p, 10 p and 5 p in the ratio of 1:2:3. If there are Rs. 30 in all, how many 5 p coins are there?
8. Two trains 121 meters and 165 meters in length respectively are running in opposite directions, one at the rate of 80 km and the other at the rate of 65 kmph. In what time will they be completely clear of each other from the moment they meet?
9. 109.13 * 34.14 - 108.12 * 33 = ?
10. A sum of Rs.4800 is invested at a compound interest for three years, the rate of interest being 10% p.a., 20% p.a. and 25% p.a. for the 1st, 2nd and the 3rd years respectively. Find the interest received at the end of the three years.
11. Some persons can do a piece of work in 12 days. Two times the number of these people will do half of that work in?
12. 5 men are equal to as many women as are equal to 8 boys. All of them earn Rs.90 only. Men’s wages are?
13. If a trader sold two cars each at Rs. 325475 and gains 12% on the first and loses 12% on the second, then his profit or loss percent on the whole is?
14. The least number which when add 3 to it, completely divided 8, 12 and 18 is?
15. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?
16. The difference between a number and its three-fifth is 50. What is the number?
17. What is the least number, which is perfect square but contains 2700 as its factor?
18. The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean is:
19. Solve for m if 36 (6m) = (216)3m+4
20. The average amount with a group of seven numbers is Rs. 20. If the newly joined member has Rs. 50 with him, what was the average amount with the group before his joining the group?
21. There are two circles of different radii. The are of a square is 784 sq cm and its side is twice the radius of the larger circle. The radius of the larger circle is seven - third that of the smaller circle. Find the circumference of the smaller circle.
22. In a flight of 600 km, an aircraft was slowed down due to bad weather. Its average speed for the trip was reduced by 200 km/hr and the time of flight increased by 30 minutes. The duration of the flight is?
23. A car covers a distance of 624 km in 6 ½ hours. Find its speed?
24. Anil can do a work in 15 days while Sunil can do it in 25 days. How long will they take if both work together?
25. In an exam, Amar scored 64 percent, Bhavan scored 36 percent and Chetan 44 percent. The maximum score awarded in the exam is 800. Find the average mark scored by all the three boys?
26. A person takes 20 minutes more to cover a certain distance by decreasing his speed by 20%. What is the time taken to cover the distance at his original speed?
27. A reduction of 40% in the price of bananas would enable a man to obtain 64 more for Rs.40, what is reduced price per dozen?
28. A and B together can complete a work in 12 days. A alone can complete it in 20 days. If B does the work only for half a day daily, then in how many days A and B together will complete the work?
29. A number when divided by 221 gives a remainder 43, what remainder will be obtained by dividing the same number 17?
30. In how much time will a train of length 100 m, moving at 36 kmph cross an electric pole?
31. Jacob brought a scooter for a certain sum of money. He spent 10% of the cost on repairs and sold the scooter for a profit of Rs. 1100. How much did he spend on repairs if he made a profit of 20%?
32. if (x + y)/(2x + y) = 4/5, then find (2x + y)/(3x + y) ?
33. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
34. In how much time would the simple interest on a certain sum be 0.125 times the principal at 10% per annum?
35. How many liters of oil at Rs.40 per liter should be mixed with 240 liters of a second variety of oil at Rs.60 per liter so as to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.52 per liter?
36. In a 1000 m race, A beats B by 200 meters or 25 seconds. Find the speed of B?
37. A bag contains nine yellow balls, three white balls and four red balls. In how many ways can two balls be drawn from the bag?
38. Two third of three- fifth of one fourth of a number is 24, what is 30% of that number?
39. The ratio between the radii of two spheres is 1:3. Find the ratio between their volumes?
40. In a division sum, the quotient is 120, the divisor 456 and the remainder 333, find the dividend?
41. A is twice as good a workman as B and they took 7 days together to do the work B alone can do it in.
42. An automobile financier claims to be lending money at S.I., but he includes the interest every six months for calculating the principal. If he is charging an interest of 10%, the effective rate of interest becomes?
43. 40% of a number is more than 20% of 650 by 190. Find the number?
44. By selling 99 pens, a trader gains the cost of 33 pens. Find his gain percentage?
45. The perimeter of a semi circle is 144 cm then the radius is?
46. If the sum of two numbers is 55 and the H.C.F and L.C.M of these numbers are 5 and 120 respectively, then the sum of the reciprocal of the numbers is equal to:
47. If A lends Rs.3500 to B at 10% per annum and B lends the same sum to C at 11.5% per annum then the gain of B in a period of 3 years is?
48. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 6 and 24.
49. Income and expenditure of a person are in the ratio 5 : 4. If the income of the person is Rs. 18000, then find his savings.
50. Ratio between two numbers is 3: 4 and their sum is 420. Find the smaller number?