Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If Rs.3250 be divided among Ram, Shyam and Mohan in the ratio of 1/2:1/3:1/4 then the share of each are?
2. Find the value of a/b + b/a, if a and b are the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 8x + 4 = 0?
3. 1000 men have provisions for 15 days. If 200 more men join them, for how many days will the provisions last now?
4. A sum of money becomes double itself in 8 years at simple interest. How many
times will it become 10 years at the same rate?
5. An automobile financier claims to be lending money at S.I., but he includes the interest every six months for calculating the principal. If he is charging an interest of 10%, the effective rate of interest becomes?
6. A, B and C can do a work in 6 days, 8 days and 12 days respectively. In how many days can all three of them working together, complete the work?
7. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
8. When the numerator of a fraction is decreased by 25% and its denominator is decreased by 20%, the new fraction obtained is 3/4. Find the original fraction?
9. In each of the following numbers, what should be the missing digit in the indicated place such that the number is a multiple of 11?
10. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?
11. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
12. Rs.8000 become Rs.9261 in a certain interval of time at the rate of 5% per annum of C.I. Find the time?
13. Two numbers are 30% and 37% are less than a third number .How much percent is the second number less than the first?
14. A cistern has a leak which would empty the cistern in 20 minutes. A tap is turned on which admits 4 liters a minute into the cistern, and it is emptied in 24 minutes. How many liters does the cistern hold?
15. 2758 + 20581 - 17889 = ?
16. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 6:7. If Q is 4 years old than P, what will be the ratio of the ages of P and Q after 4 years?
17. A sum of money amounts to Rs. 9800 after 5 years and Rs. 12005 after 8 years at the same rate of simple interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
18. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 36. Find the sum of the squares of these numbers?
19. What is the least number, which is perfect square but contains 2700 as its factor?
20. There are 18 stations between Hyderabad and Bangalore. How many second class tickets have to be printed, so that a passenger can travel from any station to any other station?
21. Which of the following is the greatest?
22. The ratio of two natural numbers is 5:6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
23. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
24. A drink vendor has 80 liters of Maaza, 144 liters of Pepsi and 368 liters of Sprite. He wants to pack them in cans, so that each can contains the same number of liters of a drink, and doesn't want to mix any two drinks in a can. What is the least number of cans required?
25. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks our of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
26. Three numbers are in the ratio 5 : 6 : 7. The sum of its longest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
27. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
28. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
29. Sushil got thrice as many marks in English as in Science. His total marks in English, Science and Maths are 162. If the ratio of his marks in English and Maths is 3:5, find his marks in Science?
30. An order was placed for the supply of a carper whose length and breadth were in the ratio of 3 : 2. Subsequently, the dimensions of the carpet were altered such that its length and breadth were in the ratio 7 : 3 but were was no change in its parameter. Find the ratio of the areas of the carpets in both the cases.
31. Twelve men can complete a piece of work in 32 days. The same work can be completed by 16 women in 36 days and by 48 boys in 16 days. Find the time taken by one man, one woman and one boy working together to complete the work?
32. There were two candidates in an election. Winner candidate received 62% of votes and won the election by 288 votes. Find the number of votes casted to the winning candidate?
33. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
34. The food in a camp lasts for 30 men for 40 days. If ten more men join, how many days will the food last?
35. A train 400 m long can cross an electric pole in 20 sec and then find the speed of the train?
36. A trader bought a car at 20% discount on its original price. He sold it at a 40% increase on the price he bought it. What percent of profit did he make on the
37. A person buys an article at Rs.500. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a profit of 20%?
38. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?
39. The price of a VCR is marked at Rs. 12,000. If successive discounts of 15%, 10% and 5% be allowed, then at what price does a customer buy it?
40. A train moves fast a telegraph post and a bridge 264 m long in 8 sec and 20 sec respectively. What is the speed of the train?
41. A can do a piece of work in 4 days. B can do it in 5 days. With the assistance of C they completed the work in 2 days. Find in how many days can C alone do it?
42. Express a speed of 36 kmph in meters per second?
43. The jogging track in a sports complex is 726 m in circumference. Deepak and his wife start from the same point and walk in opposite directions at 4.5 km/hr and 3.75 km/hr respectively. They will meet for the first time in?
44. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the digit is 36. What is the difference between the sum and the difference of the digits of the number if the ratio between the digits of the number is 1:2?
45. A can do a piece of work in 20 days. B in 15 days A and C in 12 days. In how many days can A finish the work if he is assisted by B on one day and C on the next, alternately?
46. The average weight of 25 persons sitting in a boat had some value. A new person added to them whose weight was 46 kg only. Due to his arrival, the average weight of all the persons decreased by 5 kg. Find the average weight of first 25 persons?
47. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
48. Identify the greatest numbers: 450, 2100, 1625
49. 3 men or 6 women can do a piece of work in 20 days. In how many days will 12 men and 8 women do the same work?
50. A certain sum of money is invested for one year at a certain rate of simple interest. If the rate of interest is 3% higher, then the invest earned will be 25% more than the interest earned earlier. What is the earlier rate of interest?