Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the number of ways of arranging the letters of the word "MATERIAL" such that all the vowels in the word are to come together?
2. How many of the following numbers are divisible by 132?
3. 2003 * 2004 - 2001 * 2002 = ?
4. The ratio of numbers is 3:4 and their H.C.F is 4. Their L.C.M is:
5. A train travelled from station P to Q in 8 hours and came back from station Q to P is 6 hours. What would be the ratio of the speed of the train while traveling from station P to Q to that from station Q to P?
6. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If four marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that none is blue?
7. Which one of the following is the sum of the numbers 1, 3, 5, 7, 9…. up to nth number?
8. I. a2 - 7a + 12 = 0, II. b2 - 3b + 2 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
9. The simple interest on Rs.12000 at a certain rate of interest in five years is Rs.7200. Find the compound interest on the same amount for five years at the same rate of interest.
10. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
11. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
12. What is the probability that a leap year has 53 Sundays and 52 Mondays?
13. One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill tank in 36 min, then the slower pipe alone will be able to fill the tank in?
14. A gardener was asked a plant flowers in a row containing equal number of plants. He tried to plant 6, 8, 10 and 12 in each row, but 5 plants left in each case. When he planted 13 in a row, no plant was left. Find the number of plants with him?
15. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
16. Reena took a loan of Rs. 1200 with simple interest for as many years as the rate of interest. If she paid Rs. 432 as interest at the end of the loan period, what was the rate of interest?
17. What is the length of the longest pole which can be kept in a room 12 m long, 4 m broad and 3 m high?
18. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
19. What sum of money will produce Rs.70 as simple interest in 4 years at 3 1/2 percent?
20. 30.9 * 3000 - 10.1 * 1100 + 8298 - 4302 = ?
21. H.C.F of 4 * 27 * 3125, 8 * 9 * 25 * 7 and 16 * 81 * 5 * 11 * 49 is:
22. The salary of a typist was at first raised by 10% and then the same was reduced by 5%. If he presently draws Rs.1045.What was his original salary?
23. The value of a machine depreciates at 20% per annum. If its present value is Rs. 1,50,000, at what price should it be sold after two years such that a profit of Rs. 24,000 is made?
24. Find the least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 25% compound interest will be more than double of itself?
25. The radius of a wheel is 22.4 cm. What is the distance covered by the wheel in making 500 resolutions.
26. The least number which when divided by 8, 12 and 16, leave in each remainder 3, is?
27. Some persons can do a piece of work in 12 days. Two times the number of these people will do half of that work in?
28. A brick measures 20 cm * 10 cm * 7.5 cm how many bricks will be required for a wall 25 m * 2 m * 0.75 m?
29. Find the number of factors of 300 excluding 1 and itself.
30. At an examination in which full marks were 500. A got 10% less than B, B got 25% more than C and C got 20% less than D. If A got 360marks, what percentage of full marks was obtained by D?
31. The average of first ten prime numbers which are odd is?
32. After decreasing 24% in the price of an article costs Rs.912. Find the actual cost of an article?
33. At present, the ratio between the ages of Arun and Deepak is 4:3. After 6 years, Arun's age will be 26 years. What is the age of Deepak at present?
34. The smallest fraction, which each of 6/7, 5/14, 10/21 will divide exactly is:
35. Find the greatest number which is such that when 697, 909 and 1227 are divided by it, the remainders are all the same?
36. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
37. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
38. The average salary per head of the entire staff of an office including the officers and clerks is Rs.90. The average salary of officers is Rs.600 and that of the clerks is Rs.84. If the number of officers is 2, find the number of officers in the office?
39. 3.5 can be expressed in terms of percentage as?
40. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
41. The price of an article has been reduced by 25%. In order to restore the original price the new price must be increased by?
42. A 25 cm wide path is to be made around a circular garden having a diameter of 4 meters. Approximate area of the path is square meters is
43. A and B together can complete a work in 12 days. A alone can complete it in 20 days. If B does the work only for half a day daily, then in how many days A and B together will complete the work?
44. Ajay and Vijay have some marbles with them. Ajay told Vijay "if you give me 'x' marbles, both of us will have equal number of marbles". Vijay then told Ajay "if you give me twice as many marbles, I will have 30 more marbles than you would". Find 'x'?
45. A sum of money deposited at C.I. amounts to Rs.2420 in 2 years and to Rs.2662 in 3 years. Find the rate percent?
46. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in rows in such a way that the number of trees in each row to be the same. If there are 24 rows the number of trees in each row is 42 if there are 12 more rows find the number of trees in each row?
47. Which of the following is the greatest?
48. 21345 * 45 = 4270 * ?
49. A group of 10 representatives is to be selected out of 12 seniors and 10 juniors. In how many different ways can the group be selected, if it should have 5 seniors and 5 juniors?
50. The difference between two integers is 5. Their product is 500. Find the numbers.