Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In a pair of fractions, fraction A is twice the fraction B and the product of two fractions is 2/25. What is the value of fraction A?
2. The value of a machine depreciates at 20% per annum. If its present value is Rs. 1,50,000, at what price should it be sold after two years such that a profit of Rs. 24,000 is made?
3. With a uniform speed a car covers the distance in 8 hours. Had the speed been increased by 4 km/hr, the same distance could have been covered in 7 1/2 hours. What is the distance covered?
4. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?
5. Rs.525 among A, B and C such that B may get 2/3 of A and C together get. Find the share of C?
6. A train sets off at 2 p.m. at the speed of 70 kmph. Another train starts at 3:30 p.m. in the same direction at the rate of 85 kmph. At what time the trains will meet?
7. Find the length of the wire required to go 15 times round a square field containing 69696 m2.
8. 64 is what percent of 80?
9. A can do a job in 18 days and B can do it in 30 days. A and B working together will finish twice the amount of work in ------- days?
10. 7 + 5 - (3/2 * 1/4) of 2/7 + 7/2 * 1/6 equals -.
11. If P gets 25% more than Q, then by what percent does Q get less than P?
12. What is the area of square field whose side of length 15 m?
13. A and B put in Rs.300 and Rs.400 respectively into a business. A reinvests into the business his share of the first year's profit of Rs.210 where as B does not. In what ratio should they divide the second year's profit?
14. A car after covering ½ of a journey of 100 km develops engine trouble and later travels at ½ of its original speed. As a result, it arrives 2 hours late than
its normal time. What is the normal speed of the car is?
15. 16 men can complete a piece of work in 25 days. In how many days can 20 men complete that piece of work?
16. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
17. P alone can complete a piece of work in 6 days. Work done by Q alone in one day is equal to one-third of the work done by P alone in one day. In how many days can the work be completed if P and Q work together?
18. Product of two co-prime numbers is 117. Their L.C.M should be:
19. A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 815 in 3 years and to Rs. 854 in 4 years. The sum is?
20. A man sells two articles for Rs.3600 each and he gains 30% on the first and loses 30% on the next. Find his total gain or loss?
21. 252 can be expressed as a product of primes as:
22. A began business with Rs.45000 and was joined afterwards by B with Rs.5400. When did B join if the profits at the end of the year were divided in the ratio of
23. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
24. How many meters of carpet 50cm, wide will be required to cover the floor of a room 30m * 20m?
25. Peter invested an amount of Rs. 12,000 at the rate of 10% p.a simple interest and another amount at the rate of 20% p.a. simple interest. The total interest earned at the end of one year on the total amount invested became 14% p.a. Find the total amount invested?
26. [(7 * 9) + (2 * 12) + 3]/[(12 * 3) + (81/9)] = ?
27. A train travelled from station P to Q in 8 hours and came back from station Q to P is 6 hours. What would be the ratio of the speed of the train while traveling from station P to Q to that from station Q to P?
28. The total marks obtained by a student in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is 150 more than the marks obtained by him in Physics. What is the average mark obtained by him in Chemistry and Mathematics?
29. 6 of 5/8 / 5/8 - 1/8 = ?
30. What distance will be covered by a bus moving at 72 kmph in 30 seconds?
31. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
32. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days; 13 men and 24 boys can do it in 4 days, then the ratio of the daily work done by a man to that of a boy is?
33. the present average age of a couple and their daughter is 35 years. Fifteen years from now, the age of the mother will be equal to the sum of present ages of the father and the daughter. Find the present age of mother?
34. (0.456 * 0.456 - 0.228 * 0.228) / (0.456 + 0.228) = ?
35. Two trains 140 m and 160 m long run at the speed of 60 km/hr and 40 km/hr respectively in opposite directions on parallel tracks. The time which they take to cross each other is?
36. The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive integers exceeds their product by 91. Find the integers?
37. A man can row downstream at 18 kmph and upstream at 10 kmph. Find the speed of the man in still water and the speed of stream respectively?
38. In a mixture of 60 liters, the ratio of milk and water is 2:1. What amount of water must be added to make the ratio of milk and water as 1:2?
39. A is thrice as efficient as B and is, therefore, able to finish a piece of work 10 days earlier than B. In how many days A and B will finish it together?
40. If 20% of a number, then 120% of that number will be?
41. Ramu rides his bike at an average speed of 45 km/hr and reaches his desitination in four hours. Somu covers the same distance in six hours. If Ramu covered his journey at an average speed which was 9 km/hr less and Somu covered his journey at an average speed which was 10 km/hr more, then the difference in their times taken to reach the destination would be (in minutes).
42. Pipes A and B can fill a tank in 5 and 6 hours respectively. Pipe C can empty it in 12 hours. If all the three pipes are opened together, then the tank will be filled in?
43. The value of (2.75)3 - (2.00)3 - (0.75)3 is
44. In a school of 850 boys, 44% of Muslims, 28% Hindus, 10% Sikhs and the remaining of other communities. How many belonged to the other communities?
45. The average of 1st 3 of 4 numbers is 16 and of the last 3 are 15. If the sum of the first and the last number is 13. What is the last numbers?
46. A and B rent a pasture for 10 months. A put in 80 cows for 7 months. How many can B put in for the remaining 3 months, if he pays half as much again as A?
47. What is the sum of all the composite numbers up to 20?
48. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
49. Find the greatest 4-digit number exactly divisible by 3, 4 and 5?
50. A man gains 20% by selling an article for a certain price. If the sells it at double the price, the percentage of profit will be: