Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A, B, C together started a business. A invested Rs.6000 for 5 months B invested Rs.3600 for 6 months and C Rs.7500 for 3 months. If they get a total profit of
Rs.7410. Find the share of A?
2. Find the compound interest and the amount on Rs.8000 at 5% per annum for 3 years when C.I is reckoned yearly?
3. If a man can cover 12 metres in one second, how many kilometres can he cover in 3 hours 45 minutes?
4. All the water in container A which was filled to its brim was poured into two containers B and C. The quantity of water in container B was 62.5% less than the capacity of container A. If 148 liters was now transferred from C to B, then both the containers would have equal quantities of water. What was the initial quantity of water in container A?
5. [(7 * 9) + (2 * 12) + 3]/[(12 * 3) + (81/9)] = ?
6. Ram sold two bicycles, each for Rs.990. If he made 10% profit on the first and 10% loss on the second, what is the total cost of both bicycles?
7. If A:B = 2:3, B:C = 4:5 and C:D = 6:7, then A:B:C:D is:
8. In a party there are 5 couples. Out of them 5 people are chosen at random. Find the probability that there are at the least two couples?
9. 20% of 40 + ? % of 80 = 120
10. A person takes 20 minutes more to cover a certain distance by decreasing his speed by 20%. What is the time taken to cover the distance at his original speed?
11. Find the quadratic equations whose roots are the reciprocals of the roots of 2x2 + 5x + 3 = 0?
12. The ratio of the radius of two circles is 1: 3, and then the ratio of their areas is?
13. Solve the equation for x : 6x - 27 + 3x = 4 + 9 - x
14. Two trains, one from Howrah to Patna and the other from Patna to Howrah, start simultaneously. After they meet, the trains reach their destinations after 9 hours and 16 hours respectively. The ratio of their speeds is?
15. A starts business with a capital of Rs.1200 B and C join with some investments after 3 and 6 months respectively. If the end of a year, the profit is divided
in the ratio 2:3:5 respectively. What is B's investment in the business?
16. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 20 and 30 minutes respectively. If both the pipes are used together, then how long will it take to fill the tank?
17. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
18. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
19. The ratio of the present age of two brothers is 1:2 and 5 years back, the ratio was 1:3. What will be the ratio of their ages after 5 years?
20. A mixture of 70 litres of milk and water contains 10% water. How many litres of water should be added to the mixture so that the mixture contains 12 1/2% water?
21. The average marks of a class of 30 students is 40 and that of another class of 50 students is 60. Find the average marks of all the students?
22. David invested certain amount in three different schemes. A, B and C with the rate of interest 10% p.a., 12% p.a. and 15% p.a. respectively. If the total interest accrued in one year was Rs. 3200 and the amount invested in scheme C was 150% of the amount invested in scheme A and 240% of the amount invested in scheme B, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
23. Kiran travels from A to B by car and returns from B to A by cycle in 7 hours. If he travels both ways by car he saves 3 hours. What is the time taken to cover both ways by cycle?
24. The least number which should be added to 2497 so that the sum is exactly divisible by 5, 6, 4 and 3 is:
25. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
26. In what ratio should two varieties of sugar of Rs.18 per kg and Rs.24 kg be mixed together to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.20 per kg?
27. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
28. A can finish a work in 18 days B can do the same work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work?
29. A salt manufacturing company produced a total of 5000 tonnes of salt in January of a particular year. Starting from February its production increased by 100 tonnes every month over the previous months until the end of the year. Find its average monthly production for that year?
30. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
31. The probability that A speaks truth is 3/5 and that of B speaking truth is 4/7. What is the probability that they agree in stating the same fact?
32. A and B invests Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 respectively in a business. If A doubles his capital after 6 months. In what ratio should A and B divide that year's profit?
33. 105.126 * 35.201 - 90.23 * 3 + 55.11 * 27.01 = ?
34. The radius of the two circular fields is in the ratio 3: 5 the area of the first field is what percent less than the area of the second?
35. What sum of money put at C.I amounts in 2 years to Rs.8820 and in 3 years to Rs.9261?
36. A family consists of grandparents, parents and three grandchildren. The average age of the grandparents is 67 years, that of the parents is 35 years and that of the grandchildren is 6 years. What is the average age of the family?
37. A, B and C invested Rs.6300, Rs.4200 and Rs.10500 respectively, in a partnership business. Find the share of A in profit of Rs.12100 after a year?
38. A letter lock consists of three rings each marked with six different letters. The number of distinct unsuccessful attempts to open the lock is at the most -.
39. Amar, Bhavan and Chetan divide an amount of Rs. 5600 among themselves in the ratio 3 : 6 : 5. If an amount of Rs. 400 is deducted from each of their shares, what will be the new ratio of their shares of the amount?
40. A gardener wants to plant trees in his garden in such a way that the number of trees in each row should be the same. If there are 4 rows or 5 rows or 6 rows, then no tree will be left. Find the least number of trees required.
41. Subtracting 10% from X is the same as multiplying X by what number?
42. P, Q and R have Rs.6000 among themselves. R has two-thirds of the total amount with P and Q. Find the amount with R?
43. A car started running at a speed of 30 km/hr and the speed of the car was increased by 2 km/hr at the end of every hour. Find the total distance covered by the car in the first 10 hours of the journey.
44. 6.4 * 1.25 = (?)3
45. What is the difference between the C.I. on Rs. 5000 for 1 1/2 years at 4% per annum compounded yearly and half-yearly?
46. The ratio of the ages of Anil and his son at present is 7 : 3. Six years hence, the ratio of the ages of the Anil's wife and the son will be 2 : 1. Find the ratio of the present ages of Anil and his wife?
47. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If three marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that they are all blue?
48. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 2 minutes and 15 minutes respectively. Both the pipes are opened together but 4 minutes after the start the pipe A is turned off. How much time will it take to fill the tank?
49. The H.C.F of two numbers is 23 and the other two factors of their L.C.M are 13 and 14. The larger of the two numbers is:
50. A and B walk around a circular track. They start at 8 a.m. from the same point in the opposite directions. A and B walk at a speed of 2 rounds per hour and 3 rounds per hour respectively. How many times shall they cross each other before 9.30 a.m. ?