Time Left: 00:50:00
1. In a fort, there are 1200 soldiers. If each soldier consumes 3 kg per day, the provisions available in the fort will last for 30 days. If some more soldiers join, the provisions available will last for 25 days given each soldier consumes 2.5 kg per day. Find the number of soldiers joining the fort in that case?
2. The average weight of a group of boys is 30 kg. After a boy of weight 35 kg joins the group, the average weight of the group goes up by 1 kg. Find the number of boys in the group originally ?
3. If x % of 80 = 20% of y, then x = ? and y = ?
4. If a number is subtracted from its square we get 272. Find the number?
5. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3:2:4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21.
6. A mixture of 70 litres of milk and water contains 10% water. How many litres of water should be added to the mixture so that the mixture contains 12 1/2% water?
7. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 30 days and C and A in 36 days. In how many days will the work be completed, if all three of them work together?
8. A trader sells 85 meters of cloth for Rs. 8925 at the profit of Rs. 15 per metre of cloth. What is the cost price of one metre of cloth?
9. I. a2 - 13a + 42 = 0, II. b2 - 15b + 56 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
10. What will be the cost of building a fence around a square plot with area equal to 289 sq ft, if the price per foot of building the fence is Rs. 58?
11. Two pipes P and Q can fill a cistern in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. Both are opened together, but at the end of 3 minutes the first is turned off. How much longer will the cistern take to fill?
12. Two numbers have a H.C.F of 16 and a product of two numbers is 2560. Find the L.C.M of the two numbers?
13. In how many ways can a committee consisting of three men and four women be formed from a group of six men and seven women?
14. The simple interest on a sum of money will be Rs.600 after 10 years. If the principal is trebled after 5 years what will be the total interest at the end of the tenth year?
15. The sum of money at compound interest amounts to thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it be 9 times itself?
16. 16 men can complete a piece of work in 25 days. In how many days can 20 men complete that piece of work?
17. Three persons invested Rs.9000 in a joint business. The second person invested Rs.1000 more than the first and the third Rs.1000 more than second. After two
years, they gained Rs.5400. How much third person will get?
18. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
19. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
20. A man complete a journey in 10 hrs. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km?
21. Express a speed of 36 kmph in meters per second?
22. How many shots of 1cm radius can be prepared from a sphere of 3cm radius?
23. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 3x2 - 7x - 6 = 0?
24. Simplify : (y4b-a . y4c-b . y4a-c) / (ya . yb . yc)3
25. Find the principle on a certain sum of money at 5% per annum for 2 2/5 years if the amount being Rs.1120?
26. In one year, the population, of a village increased by 10% and in the next year, it decreased by 10%. If at the end of 2nd year, the population was 7920, what was it in the beginning?
27. Divide Rs.118000 among three persons A, B and C such that the ratio of the shares of A and B is 3:4 and that of B:C is 5:6?
28. Anita, Indu and Geeta can do a piece of work in 18 days, 27 days and 36 days respectively. They start working together. After working for 4 days. Anita goes
away and Indu leaves 7 days before the work is finished. Only Geeta remains at work from beginning to end. In how many days was the whole work done?
29. If A, B and C together can finish a piece of work in 4 days. A alone in 12 days and B in 18 days, then C alone can do it in?
30. Sam invested Rs. 15000 @ 10% per annum for one year. If the interest is compounded half-yearly, then the amount received by Sam at the end of the year will be?
31. The sale price sarees listed for Rs.400 after successive discount is 10% and 5% is?
32. The dimensions of a room are 25 feet * 15 feet * 12 feet. What is the cost of white washing the four walls of the room at Rs. 5 per square feet if there is one door of dimensions 6 feet * 3 feet and three windows of dimensions 4 feet * 3 feet each?
33. 30 men can do a work in 40 days. When should 20 men leave the work so that the entire work is completed in 40 days after they leave the work?
34. If a: b = 3:4, b:c = 7:9, c:d = 5:7, find a:d?
35. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
36. How much interest can a person get on Rs. 8200 at 17.5% p.a. simple interest for a period of two years and six months?
37. Find the number of factors of 300 excluding 1 and itself.
38. The difference between a two-digit number and the number obtained by interchanging the two digits is 63. Which is the smaller of the two numbers?
39. Using all the letters of the word "NOKIA", how many words can be formed, which begin with N and end with A?
40. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
41. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 7 days, 14 days and 28 days respectively. How long will they taken, if all the three work together?
42. A pipe can fill a cistern in 20 minutes whereas the cistern when fill can be emptied by a leak in 28 minutes. When both pipes are opened, find when the cistern will be full?
43. A and B can do a work in 12 days, B and C in 15 days, C and A in 20 days. If A, B and C work together, they will complete the work in?
44. The average of 13 numbers is 60. Average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
45. If three eighth of a number is 141. What will be the approximately value of 32.08% of this number?
46. The simple form of the ratio 2/3:2/5 is?
47. A garrison of 400 men had a provision for 31 days. After 28 days 280 persons re-enforcement leave the garrison. Find the number of days for which the remaining ration will be sufficient?
48. Three pipes A, B and C can fill a tank in 6 hours. After working at it together for 2 hours. C is closed A and B can fill the remaining par in 7 hours. The number of hours taken by C alone to fill the tank is?
49. A cycle is bought for Rs.900 and sold for Rs.1080, find the gain percent?
50. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.