Time Left: 00:50:00
1. On dividing number by 5, we get 3 as remainder. What will be the remainder when the square of this number is divided by 5?
2. A and B start a business, with A investing the total capital of Rs.50000, on the condition that B pays A interest @ 10% per annum on his half of the capital. A is a working partner and receives Rs.1500 per month from the total profit and any profit remaining is equally shared by both of them. At the end of the year, it was found that the income of A is twice that of B. Find the total profit for the year?
3. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
4. A can do a piece of work in 4 days. B can do it in 5 days. With the assistance of C they completed the work in 2 days. Find in how many days can C alone do it?
5. When 2 is added to half of one-third of one-fifth of a number, the result is one-fifteenth of the number. Find the number?
6. A boy goes to his school from his house at a speed of 3 km/hr and returns at a speed of 2 km/hr. If he takes 5 hours in going and coming. The distance between his house and school is?
7. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4:5:6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
8. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
9. The ratio between the present ages of P and Q is 5:7 respectively. If the difference between Q's present age and P's age after 6 years is 2. What is the total of P's and Q's present ages?
10. What is the sum of all the numbers between 300 and 1000 which are divisible by 179?
11. The duplicate ratio of 3:4 is?
12. 5358 * 51 = ?
13. The radius of a cylindrical vessel is 7cm and height is 3cm. Find the whole surface of the cylinder?
14. The list price of an article is Rs.65. A customer pays Rs.56.16 for it. He was given two successive discounts, one of them being 10%. The other discount is?
15. In a covering a distance of 30 km, Abhay takes 2 hours more than Sameer. If Abhay double his speed, then he would take 1 hour less than Sammer. Abhay's speed is?
16. What is the unit digit in 7105 ?
17. The first three terms of a proportion are 3, 9 and 12. The fourth term is?
18. In how many ways can six members be selected from a group of ten members?
19. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3 % more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
20. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
21. A reduction of 25% in the price of oil enables a house wife to obtain 5kgs more for Rs.800, what is the reduced price for kg?
22. pipes P and Q would fill a cistern 18 and 24 minutes respectively. Both pipes being opened, find when the first pipe must be turned off so that the cistern may be just filled in 12 minutes?
23. 20 women can do a work in 9 days. After they have worked for 6 days. 6 more men join them. How many days will they take to complete the remaining work?
24. 1/3 of 2/6 of 1/7 of 2/28 of 2140 = ?
25. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?
26. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
27. 22004 - 29303 + 101299 - 59532 = ?
28. The speed of a car is 90 km in the first hour and 60 km in the second hour. What is the average speed of the car?
29. The area of a square field 3136 sq m, if the length of cost of drawing barbed wire 3 m around the field at the rate of Rs.1.50 per meter. Two gates of 1 m width each are to be left for entrance. What is the total cost?
30. An amount of money is to be divided between P, Q and R in the ratio of 3:7:12. If the difference between the shares of P and Q is Rs.2400, what will be the
difference between Q and R's share?
31. Which of the following is the greatest?
32. A and B can do a work in 4 hours and 12 hours respectively. A starts the work at 6AM and they work alternately for one hour each. When will the work be completed?
33. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
34. A part of certain sum of money is invested at 9% per annum and the rest at 12% per annum, if the interest earned in each case for the same period is equal, then ratio of the sums invested is?
35. Ratio of the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is 5:x. Mahesh is 18 years younger to Ramesh. After nine years Ramesh will be 47 years old. If the difference between the ages of Mahesh and Nilesh is same as the age of Ramesh, what is the value of x?
36. Two vessels P and Q contain 62.5% and 87.5% of alcohol respectively. If 2 litres from vessel P is mixed with 4 litres from vessel Q, the ratio of alcohol and water in the resulting mixture is?
37. Six points are marked on a straight line and five points are marked on another line which is parallel to the first line. How many straight lines, including the first two, can be formed with these points?
38. 6 of 5/8 / 5/8 - 1/8 = ?
39. Sam invested Rs. 15000 @ 10% per annum for one year. If the interest is compounded half-yearly, then the amount received by Sam at the end of the year will be?
40. Varma can read a book in k minutes. What part of the book can he read in 8 minutes?(k>8)
41. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
42. Tanya's grandfather was 8 times older to her 16 years ago. He would be 3 times of her age 8 years from now. Eight years ago, what was the ratio of Tanya's age to that of her grandfather?
43. If population of certain city increases at the rate of 5%. If population in 1981 was 138915, then population in 1978 was?
44. Pipe A can fill a tank in 16 minutes and pipe B cam empty it in 24 minutes. If both the pipes are opened together after how many minutes should pipe B be closed, so that the tank is filled in 30 minutes?
45. The ratio of the number of boys and girls in a college is 7:8. If the percentage increase in the number of boys and girls be 20% and 10% respectively. What will be the new ratio?
46. The least number which should be added to 2497 so that the sum is exactly divisible by 5, 6, 4 and 3 is:
47. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs. 6.50 per kg. What will be his gain percent?
48. The volumes of two cubes are in the ratio 27: 125, what shall be the ratio of their surface areas?
49. 64 boys and 40 girls form a group for social work. During their membership drive, same number of boys and girls joined the group. How many members does the group have now, if the ratio of boys to girls is 4 : 3?
50. Indu gave Bindu Rs.1250 on compound interest for 2 years at 4% per annum. How much loss would Indu has suffered had she given it to Bindu for 2 years at 4% per annum simple interest?