Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The sum of five numbers is 655. The average of the first two numbers is 85 and the third number is 125. Find the average of the two numbers?
2. An amount of Rs. 100000 is invested in two types of shares. The first yields an interest of 9% p.a and the second, 11% p.a. If the total interest at the end of one year is 9 3/4 %, then the amount invested in each share was?
3. A man swims downstream 72 km and upstream 45 km taking 9 hours each time; what is
the speed of the current?
4. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
5. The least square number which divides 8, 12 and 18 is?
6. 150 men consume 1050 kg of rice in 30 days. In how many days will 70 men consume 980 kg of rice?
7. A 180 meter long train crosses a man standing on the platform in 6 sec. What is the speed of the train?
8. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in 10 and 15 minutes respectively. A person opens both the pipes together when the cistern should have been was full he finds the waste pipe open. He then closes the waste pipe and in another 4 minutes the cistern was full. In what time can the waste pipe empty the cistern when fill?
9. The simple interest on a sum of money will be Rs.600 after 10 years. If the principal is trebled after 5 years what will be the total interest at the end of the tenth year?
10. (12)3 * 64 / 432 = ?
11. What is the difference between the local value of 7 and 5 in the number 2574?
12. The greatest number of five digits which is divisible by 32, 36, 40, 42 and 48 is:
13. A boy rides his bicycle 10 km at an average speed of 12 km/hr and again travels 12 km at an average speed of 10 km/hr. His average speed for the entire trip is approximately?
14. The average weight of a group of persons increased from 48 kg to 51 kg, when two persons weighing 78 kg and 93 kg join the group. Find the initial number of members in the group?
15. Three persons A, B and C divide a certain amount of money such that A's share is Rs.4 less than half of the total amount. B's share is Rs.8 more than half of what is left and finally C takes the which is Rs.14. Find the total amount they initially had with them?
16. Positive integers indicated by x and y satisfy 3 1/x * y 2/5 = 13 3/4, the fractions being in their lowest terms, then x = ? and y = ?
17. A train 280 m long, running with a speed of 63 km/hr will pass a tree in?
18. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3 : 2 : 4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21 ?
19. If cost of sugar increases by 25%. How much percent consumption of sugar should be decreased in order to keep expenditure fixed?
20. The least number which when divided by 16, 18 and 21, leave the remainder 3, 5 and 8 respectively is:
21. In a mixture of milk and water, the proportion of milk by weight was 80%. If, in a 180 gm mixture, 36 gms of pure milk is added, what would be the percentage of milk in the mixture formed?
22. The G.C.D of 1.08, 0.36 and 0.9 is
23. Sum of two numbers is 15. Two times of the first exceeds by 5 from the three times of the other. Then the numbers will be?
24. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% but its consumption is increased by 10%. Find the decrease percent in the revenue derived from it?
25. A man, a woman and a boy can complete a job in 3, 4 and 12 days respectively. How many boys must assist 1 man and 1 woman to complete the job in 1/4 of a day?
26. A candidate got 35% of the votes polled and he lost to his rival by 2250 votes. How many votes were cast?
27. The cost of 16 pens and 8 pencils is Rs.352 and the cost of 4 pens and 4 pencils is Rs.96. Find the cost of each pen?
28. Find the greatest number that exactly divides 35, 91 and 840?
29. A and B start a business, with A investing the total capital of Rs.50000, on the condition that B pays A interest @ 10% per annum on his half of the capital. A is a working partner and receives Rs.1500 per month from the total profit and any profit remaining is equally shared by both of them. At the end of the year, it was found that the income of A is twice that of B. Find the total profit for the year?
30. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
31. At what rate percent of simple interest will a sum of money double itself in 12 years?
32. The H.C.F of two numbers is 11 and their L.C.M is 7700. If one of the numbers is 275, then the other is:
33. The speed of a boat in still water is 60kmph and the speed of the current is 20kmph. Find the speed downstream and upstream?
34. 7 + 1/2 of [8 - 4 / 2 * 3 - 1 + 1 + (4 + 2) - 2 * 2] = ?
35. A is a working partner and B is a sleeping partner in the business. A puts in Rs.15000 and B Rs.25000, A receives 10% of the profit for managing the business
the rest being divided in proportion of their capitals. Out of a total profit of Rs.9600, money received by A is?
36. A thief steals at a car at 2.30 p.m. and drives it at 60 km/hr. The theft is discovered at 3 p.m. and the owner sets off in another car at 75 km/hr. When will he overtake the thief?
37. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
38. The sum of a number and its reciprocal is one-eighth of 34. What is the product of the number and its square root?
39. H.C.F of 3240, 3600 and a third number is 36 and their L.C.M is 24 * 35 * 52 * 72. The third number is:
40. A lent Rs. 5000 to B for 2 years and Rs. 3000 to C for 4 years on simple interest at the same rate of interest and received Rs. 2200 in all from both of them as interest. The rate of interest per annum is?
41. Find the H.C.F of 54/9, 3 9/17 and 36/51?
42. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
43. A train moves fast a telegraph post and a bridge 264 m long in 8 sec and 20 sec respectively. What is the speed of the train?
44. If rupee one produces rupees nine over a period of 40 years, find the rate of simple interest?
45. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
46. The edges of three iron cubes are 6cm; 8cm; 10cm respectively. A new cube was made by melting them. Find the edge of the new cube?
47. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are drawn at random, what is the probability that at least one is green?
48. Two trains 121 meters and 165 meters in length respectively are running in opposite directions, one at the rate of 80 km and the other at the rate of 65 kmph. In what time will they be completely clear of each other from the moment they meet?
49. How many seconds will a train 100 meters long take to cross a bridge 150 meters long if the speed of the train is 36 kmph?
50. An outlet pipe can empty 2/3 rd of a cistern in 12 minutes. In 8 minutes, what part of the cistern will be emptied?