Time Left: 00:50:00
1. If the sum of a number and its square is 182, what is the number?
2. A team of eight entered for a shooting competition. The best marks man scored 85 points. If he had scored 92 points, the average scores for. The team would have been 84. How many points altogether did the team score?
3. Sakshi can do a piece of work in 20 days. Tanya is 25% more efficient than Sakshi. The number of days taken by Tanya to do the same piece of work is?
4. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
5. What percent of 125 is 16?
6. A cistern is filled by a tap in 3 1/2 hours. Due to leak in the bottom of the cistern, it takes half an hour longer to fill the cistern. If the cistern is full how long will it take the leak to empty it?
7. The total age of A and B is 12 years more than the total age of B and C. C is how many years younger than A?
8. The average of 1st 3 of 4 numbers is 16 and of the last 3 are 15. If the sum of the first and the last number is 13. What is the last numbers?
9. 12 3/4 * (1 2/17 / 8 1/6) / 5 4/3 = ?
10. If the height of a cone is increased by 100% then its volume is increased by?
11. An order was placed for the supply of a carper whose length and breadth were in the ratio of 3 : 2. Subsequently, the dimensions of the carpet were altered such that its length and breadth were in the ratio 7 : 3 but were was no change in its parameter. Find the ratio of the areas of the carpets in both the cases.
12. 4000 was divided into two parts such a way that when first part was invested at 3%
and the second at 5%, the whole annual interest from both the investments is
Rs.144, how much was put at 3%?
13. (743.30)2 = ?
14. Two trains travelling in the same direction at 40 and 22 kmph completely pass off another in 1 minute. If the length of the first train is 125 m, what is the
length of the second train?
15. Sreedhar and Sravan together can do a work in 25 days. With the help of Pavan, they completed the work in 8 days and earned Rs. 225. What is the share of Sravan, if Sreedhar alone can do the work in 75 days?
16. The dimensions of an open box are 52, 40 and 29 cms. Its thickness is 2 cms. If 1 cm3 of metal used in the box weighs 0.5 gms, the weight of the box
17. Using all the letters of the word "NOKIA", how many words can be formed, which begin with N and end with A?
18. In a class of 140 students, 60% of them passed. By what percent is the number of students who passed more than the number of failed students?
19. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
20. A take twice as much time as B or thrice as much time to finish a piece of work. Working together, they can finish the work in 2 days. B can do the work alone in?
21. A man can swim in still water at 4.5 km/h, but takes twice as long to swim
upstream than downstream. The speed of the stream is?
22. The successive discounts 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of?
23. The average age of 8 men increases by 2 years when two women are included in place of two men of ages 20 and 24 years. Find the average age of the women?
24. A trader marked the price of a car 20% above the cost price and allowed the purchaser 5% discount on the marked price there by gained Rs.8400. Find the cost price of the car?
25. If y3 = 0.008, y5 = ?
26. A cricketer whose bowling average is 12.4 runs per wicket takes 5 wickets for 26 runs and there by decreases his average by 0.4. The number age of the family now is:
27. The smallest number which when divided by 20, 25, 35 and 40 leaves a remainder of 14, 19, 29 and 34 respectively is?
28. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
29. An amount of Rs. 100000 is invested in two types of shares. The first yields an interest of 9% p.a and the second, 11% p.a. If the total interest at the end of one year is 9 3/4 %, then the amount invested in each share was?
30. The ratio of the volumes of a cube to that of the sphere which will fit inside the cube is?
31. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
32. Two trains, each 100 m long, moving in opposite directions, cross other in 8 sec. If one is moving twice as fast the other, then the speed of the faster train is?
33. 3 men, 4 women and 6 children can complete a work in 7 days. A woman does double the work a man does and a child does half the work a man does. How many women alone can complete this work in 7 days?
34. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: 2x2 + 3x - 9 = 0?
35. A man leaves a point P at 6 a.m. and reaches the point Q at 10 a.m. another man leaves the point give at 8 a.m. and reaches the point P at 12 noon. At what
time do they meet?
36. A trader bought a car at 20% discount on its original price. He sold it at a 40% increase on the price he bought it. What percent of profit did he make on the
37. There are two positive numbers in the ratio 5:8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller by 15, then find the smaller number?
38. If x = √196 + √200, then x/2 + 2/x is?
39. ? % of 400 + 40% of 160 = 17% of 400
40. 7 + 5 - (3/2 * 1/4) of 2/7 + 7/2 * 1/6 equals -.
41. In an exam, a candidate secured 504 marks our of the maximum mark of M. If the maximum mark M is converted into 800 marks, he would have secured 384 marks. What is the value of M?
42. The tens digit of a two-digit number is two more than its unit digit. The two-digit number is 7 times the sum of the digits. Find the units digits?
43. A room is 15m long, 4m broad and 3m height. Find the cost of white washing its four walls at 50p per m2 ?
44. 45% of 750 - 25% of 480 = ?
45. Product of two co-prime numbers is 117. Their L.C.M should be:
46. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
47. Six points are marked on a straight line and five points are marked on another line which is parallel to the first line. How many straight lines, including the first two, can be formed with these points?
48. Find the ratio of the curved surfaces of two cylinders of same heights if their radii are in the ratio 1:2.
49. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
50. What is the area of a square field whose diagonal of length 20 m?