Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
2. I. a2 - 7a + 12 = 0, II. b2 - 3b + 2 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
3. The ratio of the two natural numbers is 5 : 6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
4. A room is 15m long, 4m broad and 3m height. Find the cost of white washing its four walls at 50p per m2 ?
5. 7589 - ? = 3434
6. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
7. The sum of a number and its reciprocal is one-eighth of 34. What is the product of the number and its square root?
8. A and B can do a piece of work in 3 days, B and C in 4 days, C and A in 6 days. How long will C take to do it?
9. The sum of three consecutive numbers is 87. The greatest among these three number is:
10. Find the size of the largest square slabs which can be paved on the floor of a room 5 meters 44 cm long and 3 meters 74 cm broad?
11. A and B enter into partnership with capital as 7:9. At the end of 8 months, A withdraws. If they receive the profits in the ratio of 8:9 find how long B's
capital was used?
12. Three pipes of same capacity can fill a tank in 8 hours. If there are only two pipes of same capacity, the tank can be filled in.
13. I. x2 - x - 42 = 0, II. y2 - 17y + 72 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
14. 21345 * 45 = 4270 * ?
15. In an election between two candidates A and B, the number of valid votes received by A exceeds those received by B by 15% of the total number of votes polled. If 20% of the votes polled were invalid and a total of 8720 votes were polled, then how many valid votes did B get?
16. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
17. What is the sum of all the prime numbers from 20 to 40?
18. Two-fifth of one-third of three-seventh of a number is 15. What is 40% of that number?
19. The price of a T.V. set worth Rs. 20000 is to be paid in 20 installments of Rs. 1000 each. If the rate of interest be 6% per annum, and the first installment be paid at the time of purchase, then the value of the last installment covering the interest as well will be?
20. Sonika deposited Rs.8000 which amounted to Rs.9200 after 3 years at simple interest. Had the interest been 2% more. She would get how much?
21. A sum of money placed at C.I. interest doubles itself in 5 years. It will amount to eight times itself at the same rate of interest in?
22. Six points are marked on a straight line and five points are marked on another line which is parallel to the first line. How many straight lines, including the first two, can be formed with these points?
23. In an examination 38% of students fail in English and 61% pass in Hindi and 23% fail in both. Find the actual failure percentage?
24. 242 + 420 + 1611 + 647 equals
25. Two pipes can separately fill a tank in 20 and 30 hours respectively. Both the pipes are opened to fill the tank but when the tank is full, a leak develops in the tank through which one-third of water supplied by both the pipes goes out. What is the total time taken to fill the tank?
26. What number has a 5:1 ratio to the number 10?
27. The population of a town is 45000; 5/9th of them are males and the rest females 40% of the males are married. What is the percentage of married females?
28. Sum of two numbers is 15. Two times of the first exceeds by 5 from the three times of the other. Then the numbers will be?
29. A can finish a work in 18 days B can do the same work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work?
30. Two numbers are in the ratio 1:2. If 7 is added to both, their ratio changes to 3:5. The greatest number is:
31. In a colony of 70 residents, the ratio of the number of men and women is 4 : 3. Among the women, the ratio of the educated to the uneducated is 1 : 4. If the ratio of the number of educated to uneducated persons is 8 : 27, then find the ratio of the number of educated to uneducated men in the colony?
32. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
33. ³√?/9261 = 11/21
34. In a can, there is a mixture of milk and water in the ratio 4 : 5. If it is filled with an additional 8 litres of milk the can would be full and ratio of milk and water would become 6 : 5. Find the capacity of the can?
35. The average of first five multiples of 3 is:
36. A thief steals at a car at 2.30 p.m. and drives it at 60 km/hr. The theft is discovered at 3 p.m. and the owner sets off in another car at 75 km/hr. When will he overtake the thief?
37. A fruit vendor purchased 20 dozens of bananas at Rs. 15 per dozen. But one-fourth of the bananas were rotten and had to be thrown away. He sold two-third of the remaining bananas at Rs. 22.50 per dozen. At what price per dozen should he sell the remaining bananas to make neither a profit nor a loss?
38. Find the greatest four digit number which leaves respective remainders of 2 and 5 when divided by 15 and 24.
39. If Re.1 amounts to Rs.9 over a period of 20 years. What is the rate of simple interest?
40. A man on tour travels first 160 km at 64 km/he and the next 160 km at 80 km/hr. The average speed for the first 320 km of the tour is?
41. The length of a rectangle is two - fifths of the radius of a circle. The radius of the circle is equal to the side of the square, whose area is 1225 sq.units. What is the area (in sq.units) of the rectangle if the rectangle if the breadth is 10 units?
42. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that all the four bulbs are defective.
43. Find the area of circle whose radius is 7m?
44. X and Y can do a piece of work in 20 days and 12 days respectively. X started the work alone and then after 4 days Y joined him till the completion of the work. How long did the work last?
45. What is the area of square field whose side of length 15 m?
46. A man gets a simple interest of Rs.500 on a certain principal at the rate of 5% p.a in two years. Find the compound interest the man will get on twice the principal in two years at the same rate.
47. A rectangular grass field is 75 m * 55 m, it has a path of 2.5 m wide all round it on the outside. Find the area of the path and the cost of constructing it at
Rs.2 per sq m?
48. Two pipes A and B can fill a tank in 20 and 30 minutes respectively. If both the pipes are used together, then how long will it take to fill the tank?
49. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
50. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?