Time Left: 00:50:00
1. What profit percent is made by selling an article at a certain price, if by selling at 2/3rd of that price, there would be a loss of 20%?
2. 217 * 217 + 183 * 183 = ?
4. The proportion of copper and zinc in the brass is 13:7. How much zinc will there be in 100 kg of brass?
5. If all the fractions 3/10, 1/16, 4/11, 2/9, 1/7, 5/14 and 5/24 arranged in descending order of their values, then which one will be the third?
6. The length and breadth of a rectangle is increased by 10% and 25% respectively. What is the increase in the area?
7. If the area of circle is 616 sq cm then its circumference?
8. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q - r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
9. (180/37 of 14.8) / (17/60.1 of 180.30) = ?
10. The sum of three consecutive even numbers is 42. Find the middle number of the three?
11. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
12. The sum of two numbers is 22. Five times one number is equal to 6 times the other. The bigger of the two numbers is:
13. The least number which should be added to 2497 so that the sum is exactly divisible by 5, 6, 4 and 3 is:
14. If the sum of a number and its square is 182, what is the number?
15. X and Y can do a piece of work in 20 days and 12 days respectively. X started the work alone and then after 4 days Y joined him till the completion of the work. How long did the work last?
16. The price of a VCR is marked at Rs. 12,000. If successive discounts of 15%, 10% and 5% be allowed, then at what price does a customer buy it?
17. A trader marked the price of a car 20% above the cost price and allowed the purchaser 5% discount on the marked price there by gained Rs.8400. Find the cost price of the car?
18. Mohan's salary was first increased by 20% and then decreased by 20%. If his present salary is Rs. 7200, then what was his original salary?
19. Tanya's grandfather was 8 times older to her 16 years ago. He would be 3 times of her age 8 years from now. Eight years ago, what was the ratio of Tanya's age to that of her grandfather?
20. Pavan travelled for 11 hours. He covered the first half of the distance at 30 kmph and remaining half of the distance at 25 kmph. Find the distance travelled by Pavan.
21. Rs. 800 becomes Rs. 956 in 3 years at a rate of S.I. If the rate of interest is increased by 4%, what amount will Rs. 800 become in 3 years?
22. How many figures are required to number the pages the pages of a book containing 365 pages?
23. Rs.590 is divided amongst A, B, C so that 5 times A's share, six times B's share and eight times C's share are all equal. Find C's share?
24. Find the area of the quadrilateral of one of its diagonals is 20 cm and its off sets 9 cm and 6 cm?
25. Six points are marked on a straight line and five points are marked on another line which is parallel to the first line. How many straight lines, including the first two, can be formed with these points?
26. A and B put in Rs.300 and Rs.400 respectively into a business. A reinvests into the business his share of the first year's profit of Rs.210 where as B does not. In what ratio should they divide the second year's profit?
27. In an office, totally there are 6400 employees and 65% of the total employees are males. 25% of the males in the office are at-least 50 years old. Find the number of males aged below 50 years?
28. 96% of the population of a village is 23040. The total population of the village is?
29. A sum of money lent out at S.I. amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is?
30. A train is 360 meter long is running at a speed of 45 km/hour. In what time will it pass a bridge of 140 meter length?
31. 40% of a number is more than 20% of 650 by 190. Find the number?
32. The average salary of workers in an industry is Rs.200 the average salary of technicians being Rs.400 and that of non-technicians being Rs.125. What is the total number of workers?
33. Two varieties of wheat - A and B costing Rs. 9 per kg and Rs. 15 per kg were mixed in the ratio 3 : 7. If 5 kg of the mixture is sold at 25% profit, find the profit made?
34. An amount of Rs. 100000 is invested in two types of shares. The first yields an interest of 9% p.a and the second, 11% p.a. If the total interest at the end of one year is 9 3/4 %, then the amount invested in each share was?
35. Eight years ago, Ajay's age was 4/3 times that of Vijay. Eight years hence, Ajay's age will be 6/5 times that of Vijay. What is the present age of Ajay?
36. A is thrice as efficient as B and is, therefore, able to finish a piece of work 10 days earlier than B. In how many days A and B will finish it together?
37. A does a work in 10 days and B does the same work in 15 days. In how many days they together will do the same work?
38. If in a box of dimensions 6 m * 5 m * 4 m smaller boxes of dimensions 60 cm * 50 cm * 40 cm are kept in it, then what will be the maximum number of the small boxes that can be kept in it?
39. What distance will be covered by a bus moving at 72 kmph in 30 seconds?
40. Find the least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 25% compound interest will be more than double of itself?
41. A rectangular farm has to be fenced one long side, one short side and the diagonal. If the cost of fencing is Rs.10 per meter. The area of farm is 1200 m2 and the short side is 30 m long. How much would the job cost?
42. Find the roots of the quadratic equation: x2 + 2x - 15 = 0?
43. A box contains 3 blue marbles, 4 red, 6 green marbles and 2 yellow marbles. If two marbles are picked at random, what is the probability that they are either blue or yellow?
44. Excluding stoppages, the average speed of a bus is 60 km/hr and including stoppages, the average speed of the bus is 40 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
45. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
46. The edges of a cuboid are respectively 3cm, 4cm and 12 cm. Find the length of the diagonal of cuboid.
47. On dividing number by 357, we get 39 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 17, what will be the remainder?
48. A rectangular grass field is 75 m * 55 m, it has a path of 2.5 m wide all round it on the outside. Find the area of the path and the cost of constructing it at
Rs.2 per sq m?
49. If the roots of the equation 2x2 - 5x + b = 0 are in the ratio of 2:3, then find the value of b?
50. The product of two natural numbers is 17. Then, the sum of the reciprocals of their squares is: