Time Left: 00:50:00
1. One half of a two digit number exceeds its one third by 6. What is the sum of the digits of the number?
2. The ratio of the two natural numbers is 5 : 6. If a certain number is added to both the numbers, the ratio becomes 7 : 8. If the larger number exceeds the smaller number by 10, find the number added?
3. Rs.590 is divided amongst A, B, C so that 5 times A's share, six times B's share and eight times C's share are all equal. Find C's share?
4. The least number of four digits which is divisible by 4, 6, 8 and 10 is?
5. A certain number successively divided by 2, 5 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively. When the same number is divided by 70, what is the remainder?
6. A shopkeeper sold an article offering a discount of 5% and earned a profit of 23.5%. What would have been the percentage of profit earned if no discount was offered?
7. Two tests had the same maximum mark. The pass percentages in the first and the second test were 40% and 45% respectively. A candidate scored 216 marks in the second test and failed by 36 marks in that test. Find the pass mark in the first test?
8. The C.P of 15 books is equal to the S.P of 18 books. Find his gain% or loss%?
9. A shopkeeper buys two articles for Rs.1000 each and then sells them, making 20% profit on the first article and 20% loss on second article. Find the net profit or loss percent?
10. If the price of gold increases by 50%, find by how much the quantity of ornaments must be reduced, so that the expenditure may remain the same as before?
11. The difference between compound and simple interest on a certain sum of money for 3 years at 6 2/3% p.a is Rs.184. Find the sum?
12. A reduction of 25% in the price of oil enables a house wife to obtain 5kgs more for Rs.800, what is the reduced price for kg?
13. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
14. A gardener was asked a plant flowers in a row containing equal number of plants. He tried to plant 6, 8, 10 and 12 in each row, but 5 plants left in each case. When he planted 13 in a row, no plant was left. Find the number of plants with him?
15. Two men Amar and Bhavan have the ratio of their monthly incomes as 6:5. The ratio of their monthly expenditures is 3:2. If Bhavan saves one-fourth of his income, find the ratio of their monthly savings?
16. (a-3 b-2 / a2 b2)-3 * (a3 b-4 / a-3 b3) / (a-2 b3/a-4 b-3) = ?
17. At what rate of interest is an amount doubled in two years, when compounded annually?
18. There are some pigeons and hares in a zoo. If heads are counted, there are 200. If legs are counted, there are 580. The number of hares in the zoo is?
19. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
20. The perimeter of a rhombus is 68 cm and one of its diagonals is 16 cm. Find its area?
21. The inverse ratio of 3: 2: 1 is?
22. 20% of 40 + ? % of 80 = 120
23. A certain number when divided by 39 leaves a remainder 20, what is the remainder when the same number is divided by 13?
24. A cistern can be filled by a tap in 4 hours while it can be emptied by another tap in 9 hours. If both the taps are opened simultaneously, then after how much time will the cistern get filled?
25. In a mixture of milk and water, the proportion of milk by weight was 80%. If, in a 180 gm mixture, 36 gms of pure milk is added, what would be the percentage of milk in the mixture formed?
26. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
27. A man complete a journey in 10 hrs. He travels first half of the journey at the rate of 21 km/hr and second half at the rate of 24 km/hr. Find the total journey in km?
28. A person travels equal distances with speeds of 3 km/hr, 4 km/hr and 5 km/hr and takes a total time of 47 minutes. The total distance is?
29. 64309 - 8703 + 798 - 437 = ?
30. The number of arrangements that can be made with the letters of the word MEADOWS so that the vowels occupy the even places?
31. A cistern is normally filled in 8 hours but takes two hours longer to fill because of a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full, the leak will empty it in?
32. The sum and the product of the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 20x + 3 = 0 are?
33. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
34. The radius of a cylinder is 2 r units and height is 3 r units. Find the curved surface?
35. A person invested in all Rs. 2600 at 4%, 6% and 8% per annum simple interest. At the end of the year, he got the same interest in all the three cases. The money invested at 4% is?
36. A person purchases 90 clocks and sells 40 clocks at a gain of 10% and 50 clocks at a gain of 20%. If he sold all of them at a uniform profit of 15%, then he would have got Rs. 40 less. The cost price of each clock is:
37. Find the least number of complete years in which a sum of money put out at 25% compound interest will be more than double of itself?
38. A man buys an article and sells it at a profit of 20%. If he had bought it at 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost
39. By how much is 3/5th of 875 greater than 2/3 of 333?
40. A two-digit number is such that the product of the digits is 8. When 18 is added to the number, then the digits are reversed. The number is:
41. Three number are in the ratio 5:6:7. The sum of its largest and smallest numbers equals the sum of the third number and 48. Find the third number?
42. A can finish a work in 18 days B can do the same work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work?
43. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
44. In a race of 1000 m, A can beat by 100 m, in a race of 800m, B can beat C by 100m. By how many meters will A beat C in a race of 600 m?
45. A train passes a station platform in 36 sec and a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr. What is the length of the platform?
46. The current of a stream at 1 kmph. A motor boat goes 35 km upstream and back to the
starting point in 12 hours. The speed of the motor boat in still water is?
47. It takes eight hours for a 600 km journey, if 120 km is done by train and the rest by car. It takes 20 minutes more, if 200 km is done by train and the rest by car. The ratio of the speed of the train to that of the car is?
48. A vessel of capacity 90 litres is fully filled with pure milk. Nine litres of milk is removed from the vessel and replaced with water. Nine litres of the solution thus formed is removed and replaced with water. Find the quantity of pure milk in the final milk solution?
49. A person can row at 9 kmph and still water. He takes 4 1/2 hours to row from A to B and back. What is the distance between A and B if the speed of the stream is 1 kmph?
50. Twenty times a positive integer is less than its square by 96. What is the integer?