Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
2. A sum of money placed at C.I. interest doubles itself in 5 years. It will amount to eight times itself at the same rate of interest in?
3. Two pipes can fill a tank in 18 minutes and 15 minutes. An outlet pipe can empty the tank in 45 minutes. If all the pipes are opened when the tank is empty, then how many minutes will it take to fill the tank?
4. When 2 is added to half of one-third of one-fifth of a number, the result is one-fifteenth of the number. Find the number?
5. 40% of a number is more than 20% of 650 by 190. Find the number?
6. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
7. The average of first five prime numbers greater than 20 is?
8. Three numbers which are co-prime to each other are such that the product of the first two is 551 and that of the last two is 1073. The sum of the three numbers is :
9. The length of each side of an equilateral triangle having an area of 4√3 cm2 is?
10. If three eighth of a number is 141. What will be the approximately value of 32.08% of this number?
11. Find the number of factors of 300 excluding 1 and itself.
12. In a kilometer race, A beats B by 50 meters or 10 seconds. What time does A take to complete the race?
13. 1600 men have provisions for 28 days in the temple. If after 4 days, 400 men leave the temple, how long will the food last now?
14. A certain number successively divided by 2, 5 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively. When the same number is divided by 70, what is the remainder?
15. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a tank in 12 and 15 minutes respectively. A third pipe C can drain off 45 liters of water per minute. If all the pipes are opened, the tank can be filled in 15 minutes. What is the capacity of the tank?
16. If 15% of 30% of 50% of a number is 90, then what is the number?
17. A bank offers 5% C.I. calculated on half-yearly basis . A customer deposits Rs. 1600 each on 1st January and 1st July of a year. At the end of the year, the amount he would have gained by way of interest is?
18. A thief steals at a car at 2.30 p.m. and drives it at 60 km/hr. The theft is discovered at 3 p.m. and the owner sets off in another car at 75 km/hr. When will he overtake the thief?
19. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3 % more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
20. The simple interest on a sum of money is 4/9 of the principal and the number of years is equal to the rate percent. Find the rate and the time?
21. The ratio of the number of ladies to gents at a party was 1:2 but when 2 ladies and 2 gents left, the ratio became 1:3. How many people were at the party originally?
22. Find the value of a/b + b/a, if a and b are the roots of the quadratic equation x2 + 8x + 4 = 0?
23. If cost of sugar increases by 25%. How much percent consumption of sugar should be decreased in order to keep expenditure fixed?
24. 0.003 * ? * 0.0003 = 0.00000027
25. Sum of two numbers is 80. Greater number exceeds by 5 from four times of the smaller. Find the numbers?
26. A boy rides his bicycle 10 km at an average speed of 12 km/hr and again travels 12 km at an average speed of 10 km/hr. His average speed for the entire trip is approximately?
27. Anna left for city A from city B at 5.20 a.m. She traveled at the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hrs 15 min. After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr. If the distance between two cities is 350 kms, at what time did Anna reach city A?
28. The average of non-zero number and its square is 5 times the number. The number is:
29. LCM of 87 and 145 is:
30. 64 is what percent of 80?
31. The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average of the team?
32. The ratio between the radii of two spheres is 1:3. Find the ratio between their volumes?
33. In a three digit number, the hundred digit is 2 more than the tens digit and the units digit is 2 less than the tens digit. If the sum of the digits is 18, find the number?
34. Two persons start running simultaneously around a circular track of length 300 m from the same point at speeds of 15 km/hr and 25 km/hr. When will they meet for the first time any where on the track if they are moving in opposite directions?
35. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 sec. The speed of the train is?
36. 1095/1168 when expressed in simplest form is:
37. A can do a work in 9 days and B can do the same work in 18 days. If they work together, in how many days will they complete the work?
38. Two trains of length 100 m and 200 m are 100 m apart. They start moving towards each other on parallel tracks, at speeds 54 kmph and 72 kmph. After how much time will the trains meet?
39. I. a2 + 8a + 16 = 0, II. b2 - 4b + 3 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of a and b?
40. Find the area of a rhombus whose side is 25 cm and one of the diagonals is 30 cm?
41. (3-3 * 95/2) / (272/3 * 3-4) = ?
42. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that all the four bulbs are defective.
43. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9% p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
44. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C, in the ratio 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4. Find the share of C?
45. 16.66% of 33.33% of 66.66% of ? = 30
46. The speed of a car is 90 km in the first hour and 60 km in the second hour. What is the average speed of the car?
47. If Re.1 amounts to Rs.9 over a period of 20 years. What is the rate of simple interest?
48. The perimeter of one square is 48 cm and that of another is 20 cm. Find the perimeter and the diagonal of a square which is equal in area to these two
49. Find the C.I. on a sum of Rs.1600 for 9 months at 20% per annum, interest being compounded quarterly?
50. How much more would Rs.20000 fetch, after two years, if it is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable half yearly than if is put at 20% p.a. compound interest payable yearly?