Time Left: 00:50:00
1. How many paying stones, each measuring 2 1/2 m * 2 m are required to pave a rectangular court yard 30 m long and 16 1/2 m board?
2. The diameter of a cylindrical tin is 6cm and height is 5 cm. Find the volume of the cylinder?
3. Two pipes function simultaneously the reservoir will be filled in 12 hours. One pipe fills reservoir 10 hours faster than the other. How many hours does the faster pipe take to fill the reservoir?
4. The ratio of the volumes of two cubes is 729 : 1331. What is the ratio of their total surface areas?
5. The salary of a worker is first increased by 30% and afterwards reduced by 30%. What is net change in his salary?
6. A box contains nine bulbs out of which 4 are defective. If four bulbs are chosen at random, find the probability that atleast one bulb is good.
7. A can give B 100 meters start and C 200 meters start in a kilometer race. How much start can B give C in a kilometer race?
8. The present average age of a family of five members is 26 years. If the present age of the youngest member in the family is ten years, then what was the average age of the family at the time of the birth of the youngest member ? (Assume no death occurred in the family since the birth of the youngest)
9. In a party there are 5 couples. Out of them 5 people are chosen at random. Find the probability that there are at the least two couples?
10. The edge of a cube is 2a cm. Find its surface?
11. A car after covering ½ of a journey of 100 km develops engine trouble and later travels at ½ of its original speed. As a result, it arrives 2 hours late than
its normal time. What is the normal speed of the car is?
12. The average marks of a class of 30 students is 40 and that of another class of 50 students is 60. Find the average marks of all the students?
13. The ratio of numbers is 3:4 and their H.C.F is 4. Their L.C.M is:
14. On multiplying a number by 7, the product is a number each of whose digits is 3. The smallest such number is:
15. The volumes of two cones are in the ratio 1 : 10 and the radii of the cones are in the ratio of 1 : 2. What is the length of the wire?
16. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
17. Which of the following number is divisible by 4 and 9?
18. With a uniform speed a car covers the distance in 8 hours. Had the speed been increased by 4 km/hr, the same distance could have been covered in 7 1/2 hours. What is the distance covered?
19. If 40% of a number is equal to two-third of another number, what is the ratio of first number to the second number?
20. The length of the bridge, which a train 130 meters long and travelling at 45 km/hr can cross in 30 seconds, is:
21. the present average age of a couple and their daughter is 35 years. Fifteen years from now, the age of the mother will be equal to the sum of present ages of the father and the daughter. Find the present age of mother?
22. A vendor bought toffees at 6 for a rupee. How many for a rupee must he sell to gain 20%?
23. Find the area of trapezium whose parallel sides are 20 cm and 18 cm long, and the distance between them is 15 cm.
24. What is the sum of all even numbers from 1 to 701?
25. In an examination 40% failed in Hindi, 45% failed in English. If 25% students failed in both the subjects. Then the percentage of failed students is?
26. If I walk at 3 kmph, I miss the train by 2 min, if however, I walk at 4 kmph. I reach the station 2 min before the arrival of the train. How far do I walk to
reach the station?
27. Indu gave Bindu Rs.1250 on compound interest for 2 years at 4% per annum. How much loss would Indu has suffered had she given it to Bindu for 2 years at 4% per annum simple interest?
28. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
29. A can do a piece of work in 4 days. B can do it in 5 days. With the assistance of C they completed the work in 2 days. Find in how many days can C alone do it?
30. Two passenger trains start at the same hour in the day from two different stations and move towards each other at the rate of 16 kmph and 21 kmph respectively.
When they meet, it is found that one train has traveled 60 km more than the other one. The distance between the two stations is?
31. (22 * 495 + 891 * 44) / (33 * 176 + 55 * 264) = ?
32. 2003 * 2004 - 2001 * 2002 = ?
33. Find the sum lend at C.I. at 5 p.c per annum will amount to Rs.441 in 2 years?
34. If the sum and difference of two numbers are 20 and 8 respectively, then the difference of their square is:
35. A is a working partner and B is a sleeping partner in the business. A puts in Rs.15000 and B Rs.25000, A receives 10% of the profit for managing the business
the rest being divided in proportion of their capitals. Out of a total profit of Rs.9600, money received by A is?
36. If x = √8 - √7, y = √6 - √5 and z = √10 - 3, which of the following is true?
37. The average of first 10 natural numbers is?
38. Find the H.C.F of 204, 1190 and 1445?
39. If a solid sphere of radius 10 cms is moulded into 8 spherical solid balls of equal radius, then surface area of each ball (in cm2) is?
40. LCM of 87 and 145 is:
41. A man purchases 8 pens for Rs.9 and sells 9 pens for Rs.8, how much profit or loss does he make?
42. The greatest number of five digits which is divisible by 32, 36, 40, 42 and 48 is:
43. What is the probability that a leap year has 53 Sundays and 52 Mondays?
44. If the simple interest on a sum of money for 2 years at 5% per annum is Rs. 50, what is the compound interest on the same sum at the rate and for the same time?
45. At what rate of interest is an amount doubled in two years, when compounded annually?
46. A, B and C enter into partnership. A invests some money at the beginning, B invests double the amount after 6 months, and C invests thrice the amount after
8 months. If the annual gain be Rs.18000. A's share is?
47. If a:b = 4:1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b)?
48. Find the smallest four-digit number which is a multiple of 112.
49. Anna left for city A from city B at 5.20 a.m. She traveled at the speed of 80 km/hr for 2 hrs 15 min. After that the speed was reduced to 60 km/hr. If the distance between two cities is 350 kms, at what time did Anna reach city A?
50. A bag contains 7 green and 8 white balls. If two balls are drawn simultaneously, the probability that both are of the same colour is -.