Time Left: 00:50:00
1. What is the difference between the local values of 3 in the number 53403?
2. A cycle is bought for Rs.900 and sold for Rs.1080, find the gain percent?
3. The side of a rhombus is 26 m and length of one of its diagonals is 20 m. The area of the rhombus is?
4. Nine men went to a hotel. Eight of them spent Rs.3 each over their meals and the ninth spent Rs.2 more than the average expenditure of all the nine. Determine the total money spent by them?
5. The surface of a cube is 24sq cm. Find its volume?
6. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
7. If the area of circle is 616 sq cm then its circumference?
8. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
9. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
10. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 sec. The speed of the train is?
11. Simplify: yp(q - r) . yq(r - p) . yr(p - q)
12. The G.C.D of 1.08, 0.36 and 0.9 is
13. Pipe A can fill a tank in 16 minutes and pipe B cam empty it in 24 minutes. If both the pipes are opened together after how many minutes should pipe B be closed, so that the tank is filled in 30 minutes?
14. A, B and C play a cricket match. The ratio of the runs scored by them in the match is A:B = 2:3 and B:C = 2:5. If the total runs scored by all of them are 75, the runs scored by B are?
15. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 7 days, 14 days and 28 days respectively. How long will they taken, if all the three work together?
16. A person buys an article at Rs.500. At what price should he sell the article so as to make a profit of 20%?
17. The area of the square formed on the diagonal of a rectangle as its side is 108 1/3 % more than the area of the rectangle. If the perimeter of the rectangle is 28 units, find the difference between the sides of the rectangle?
18. A and B complete a work in 6 days. A alone can do it in 10 days. If both together can do the work in how many days?
19. 125 liters of a mixture of milk and water contains in the ratio 3:2. How much water should now be added so that the ratio of milk and water becomes 3:4?
20. A train leaves Mumabai at 9 am at a speed of 40 kmph. After one hour, another train leaves Mumbai in the same direction as that of the first train at a speed of 50 kmph. When and at what distance from Mumbai do the two trains meet?
21. Two vessels P and Q contain 62.5% and 87.5% of alcohol respectively. If 2 litres from vessel P is mixed with 4 litres from vessel Q, the ratio of alcohol and water in the resulting mixture is?
22. Ravi purchased a refrigerator and a mobile phone for Rs. 15000 and Rs. 8000 respectively. He sold the refrigerator at a loss of 4 percent and the mobile phone at a profit of 10 percent. Overall he make a.
23. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
24. 25 2/5 + 8 4/5 + 4/5 = ?
25. The number of sequences in which 7 players can throw a ball, so that the youngest player may not be the last is -.
26. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
27. David invested certain amount in three different schemes. A, B and C with the rate of interest 10% p.a., 12% p.a. and 15% p.a. respectively. If the total interest accrued in one year was Rs. 3200 and the amount invested in scheme C was 150% of the amount invested in scheme A and 240% of the amount invested in scheme B, what was the amount invested in scheme B?
28. In a factory, there are 40% technicians and 60% non-technicians. If the 60% of the technicians and 40% of non-technicians are permanent employees, then the percentage of workers who are temporary is?
29. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
30. 30 men can do a work in 40 days. When should 20 men leave the work so that the entire work is completed in 40 days after they leave the work?
31. Simplify : (y4b-a . y4c-b . y4a-c) / (ya . yb . yc)3
32. The volumes of two cubes are in the ratio 27: 125, what shall be the ratio of their surface areas?
33. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
34. The sum of four consecutive even numbers is 292. What would be the smallest number?
35. A room is 15m long, 4m broad and 3m height. Find the cost of white washing its four walls at 50p per m2 ?
36. Find the mean proportional of the following pairs of numbers 6 and 24.
37. Three years ago the average age of a family of six members was 19 years. A boy have been born, the average age of the family is the same today. What is the age of the boy?
38. HCF and LCM two numbers are 12 and 396 respectively. If one of the numbers is 36, then the other number is?
39. If the sum of the two numbers is 22 and the sum of their squares is 404, then the product of the numbers is:
40. The present average age of a family of five members is 26 years. If the present age of the youngest member in the family is ten years, then what was the average age of the family at the time of the birth of the youngest member ? (Assume no death occurred in the family since the birth of the youngest)
41. If the wheel is 14 cm then the number of revolutions to cover a distance of 1056 cm is?
42. A cricketer has a certain average for 10 innings. In the eleventh inning, he scored 108 runs, there by increasing his average by 6 runs. His new average is:
43. Mudit's age 18 years hence will be thrice his age four years ago. Find Mudit's present age?
44. (492 * 182) / 324 = ?
45. The salary of Mr. X is 30% more than that of Mr. Y . Find what percent of Mr. Y’s salary is less than Mr. X’s?
46. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% and its consumption increased by 15%. The effect on revenue is?
47. A 300 m long train crosses a platform in 39 sec while it crosses a signal pole in 18 sec. What is the length of the platform?
48. There are some rabbits and peacocks in a zoo. The total number of their heads is 60 and total number of their legs is 192. Find the number of total rabbits?
49. The average age of a husband, wife and their child 3 years ago was 27 years and that of wife and the child 5 years ago was 20 years. The present age of the husband is:
50. Two numbers are in the ratio 1:2. If 7 is added to both, their ratio changes to 3:5. The greatest number is: