Time Left: 00:50:00
1. (242 + 144 / 3) / 36 = ?
2. The average weight of a group of boys is 30 kg. After a boy of weight 35 kg joins the group, the average weight of the group goes up by 1 kg. Find the number of boys in the group originally ?
3. A fruit vendor purchased 20 dozens of bananas at Rs. 15 per dozen. But one-fourth of the bananas were rotten and had to be thrown away. He sold two-third of the remaining bananas at Rs. 22.50 per dozen. At what price per dozen should he sell the remaining bananas to make neither a profit nor a loss?
4. A, B and C invests Rs.2000, Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 in a business. After one year A removed his money; B and C continued the business for one more year. If the net
profit after 2 years be Rs.3200, then A's share in the profit is?
5. At what rate of interest is an amount doubled in two years, when compounded annually?
6. 10 women can complete a work in 7 days and 10 children take 14 days to complete the work. How many days will 5 women and 10 children take to complete the work?
7. A train 800 m long is running at a speed of 78 km/hr. If it crosses a tunnel in 1 min, then the length of the tunnel is?
8. The G.C.D of 1.08, 0.36 and 0.9 is
9. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
10. A tradesman by means of his false balance defrauds to the extent of 20%? in buying goods as well as by selling the goods. What percent does he gain on his
11. A man traveled a total distance of 1800 km. He traveled one-third of the whole trip by plane and the distance traveled by train is three-fifth of the distance traveled by bus. If he traveled by train, plane and bus, then find the distance traveled by bus?
12. A sum of money triples itself in twelve years at simple interest. Find the rate of interest?
13. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
14. After allowing a discount of 15% on the marked price, the selling price is Rs. 6800 for an article. If it was sold at marked price, there would have been a profit of 60%. The cost price of the article is?
15. Indu gave Bindu Rs.1250 on compound interest for 2 years at 4% per annum. How much loss would Indu has suffered had she given it to Bindu for 2 years at 4% per annum simple interest?
16. The area of a sector of a circle of radius 5 cm formed by an arc of length 3.5 cm is?
17. A can do a piece of work in 21 days and B in 28 days. Together they started the work and B left after 4 days. In how many days can A alone do the remaining work?
18. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
19. Find the roots of quadratic equation: 2x2 + 5x + 2 = 0?
20. In a class of 140 students, 60% of them passed. By what percent is the number of students who passed more than the number of failed students?
21. A sum of money placed at C.I. interest doubles itself in 5 years. It will amount to eight times itself at the same rate of interest in?
22. (492 * 182) / 324 = ?
23. A 600 meter long train crosses a signal post in 40 seconds. How long will it take to cross a 3 kilometer long bridge, at the same speed?
24. Excluding stoppages, the speed of a bus is 54 km/hr and including stoppages, it is 45 km/hr. For how many minutes does the bus stop per hour?
25. What should be the least number to be added to the 51234 number to make it divisible by 9?
26. Murali travelled from city A to city B at a speed of 40 kmph and from city B to city C at 60 kmph. What is the average speed of Murali from A to C given that the ratio of distances between A to B and B to C is 2 : 3?
27. The ratio between the present ages of A and B is 5:3 respectively. The ratio between A's age 4 years ago and B's age 4 years hence is 1:1. What is the ratio between A's age 4 years hence and B's age 4 years ago?
28. In how much time would the simple interest on a certain sum be 0.125 times the principal at 10% per annum?
29. A train covers a distance of 12 km in 10 min. If it takes 6 sec to pass a telegraph post, then the length of the train is?
30. If x = √11 + √20, y = √15 + √17 and z = √14 + √18, then which of the following holds true?
31. The weights of three boys are in the ratio 4 : 5 : 6. If the sum of the weights of the heaviest and the lightest boy is 45 kg more than the weight of the third boy, what is the weight of the lightest boy?
32. Find the area of a rhombus whose side is 25 cm and one of the diagonals is 30 cm?
33. A boy has nine trousers and 12 shirts. In how many different ways can he select a trouser and a shirt?
34. A man could buy a certain number of notebooks for Rs.300. If each notebook cost is Rs.5 more, he could have bought 10 notebooks less for the same amount. Find the price of each notebook?
35. The altitude of an equilateral triangle of side 2√3 cm is?
36. On dividing a number by 68, we get 269 as quotient and 0 as remainder. On dividing the same number by 67, what will be the remainder?
37. A 180 meter long train crosses a man standing on the platform in 6 sec. What is the speed of the train?
38. 1860 + 4/7 of 21.21 - 41.4 = ?
39. The total marks obtained by a student in Mathematics and Physics is 60 and his score in Chemistry is 20 marks more than that in Physics. Find the average marks scored in Mathamatics and Chemistry together.
40. A can do a piece of work in 40 days; B can do the same in 30 days. A started alone but left the work after 10 days, then B worked at it for 10 days. C
finished the remaining work in 10 days. C alone can do the whole work in?
41. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% and its consumption increased by 15%. The effect on revenue is?
42. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
43. The average of first ten prime numbers which are odd is?
44. A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds and a platform 100 m long in 25 seconds. Its length is:
45. The average of five consecutive odd numbers is 61. What is the difference between the highest and lowest numbers?
46. Rs.1200 divided among P, Q and R. P gets half of the total amount received by Q and R. Q gets one-third of the total amount received by P and R. Find the amount received by R?
47. Twenty four men can do a work in 35 days. How many men are required to complete the work in 21 days?
48. 30.9 * 3000 - 10.1 * 1100 + 8298 - 4302 = ?
49. A property decreases in value every year at the rate of 6 1/4% of its value at the beginning of the year its value at the end of 3 years was Rs.21093. Find
its value at the beginning of the first year?
50. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q - r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?