Time Left: 00:50:00
1. The average salary of workers in an industry is Rs.200 the average salary of technicians being Rs.400 and that of non-technicians being Rs.125. What is the total number of workers?
2. If 4 2/3 is subtracted form 10 1/2 and the difference is multiplied by 450, then what is the final answer?
3. In a series of six consecutive even numbers, the sum of the second and sixth numbers is 24. What is the fourth number?
4. The sum of five numbers is 655. The average of the first two numbers is 85 and the third number is 125. Find the average of the two numbers?
5. In a bag there are coins of 50 paisa, 25 paisa and one rupee in the proportion 5:6:2. If there are in all Rs.42, the number of 25 paisa coins is?
6. The population of a city increases at the rate of 4% p.a. but there is an additional annual increase of 1% in the population due to some job seekers. The
percentage increase in the population after 2 years is?
7. If two positive numbers are in the ratio 1/8 : 1/5, then by what percent is the second number more than the first?
8. Five men and nine women can do a piece of work in 10 days. Six men and twelve women can do the same work in 8 days. In how many days can three men and three women do the work?
9. A, B and C can do a work in 6, 8 and 12 days respectively doing the work together and get a payment of Rs.1800. What is B’s share?
10. In a division sum, the quotient is 120, the divisor 456 and the remainder 333, find the dividend?
11. An amount of Rs. 100000 is invested in two types of shares. The first yields an interest of 9% p.a and the second, 11% p.a. If the total interest at the end of one year is 9 3/4 %, then the amount invested in each share was?
12. The cash difference between the selling prices of an article at a profit of 4% and 6% is Rs. 3. The ratio of the two selling prices is:
13. A man can row downstream at 18 kmph and upstream at 10 kmph. Find the speed of the man in still water and the speed of stream respectively?
14. If cost of sugar increases by 25%. How much percent consumption of sugar should be decreased in order to keep expenditure fixed?
15. One half of a two digit number exceeds its one third by 6. What is the sum of the digits of the number?
16. A mixture of 150 liters of wine and water contains 20% water. How much more water should be added so that water becomes 25% of the new mixture?
17. What is the remainder when 263251 is divided by 9?
18. Ramesh purchased a refrigerator for Rs. 12500 after getting a discount of 20% on the labelled price. He spent Rs. 125 on transport and Rs. 250 on installation. At what price should it be sold so that the profit earned would be 10% if no discount was offered?
19. The average mark of the students of a class in a particular exam is 80. If 5 students whose average mark in that exam is 40 are excluded, the average mark of the remaining will be 90. Find the number of students who wrote the exam.
20. A sum of money place at compound interest doubles itself in 4 years. In how many years will it amount to eight times itself?
21. What is the least number which when divided by 8, 12, 18 and 24 leaves the remainders 4, 8, 14 and 20 respectively?
22. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
23. (0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 + 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.8) / (1.6 * 1.6 * 1.6 + 1.8 * 1.8 * 1.8) = ?
24. The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 15 and the difference between the digits is 3. What is the two-digit number?
25. A certain sum becomes four times itself at simple interest in eight years. In how many years does it become ten times itself?
26. Solve the equation for x : 19(x + y) + 17 = 19(-x + y) - 21
27. A man saves 20% of his monthly salary. If an account of dearness of things he is to increase his monthly expenses by 20%, he is only able to save Rs. 200 per month. What is his monthly salary?
28. If 3 workers collect 48 kg of cotton in 4 days, how many kg of cotton will 9 workers collect in 2 days?
29. If the sum and difference of two numbers are 20 and 8 respectively, then the difference of their square is:
30. A is a working partner and B is a sleeping partner in the business. A puts in Rs.15000 and B Rs.25000, A receives 10% of the profit for managing the business
the rest being divided in proportion of their capitals. Out of a total profit of Rs.9600, money received by A is?
31. In a three digit number, the hundred digit is 2 more than the tens digit and the units digit is 2 less than the tens digit. If the sum of the digits is 18, find the number?
32. 2222.2 + 222.22 + 22.222 = ?
33. Find the least number which when divided by 35 leaves remainder 25, when divided by 25 leaves remainder 15 and when divided by 15 leaves remainder 5?
34. A sum of Rs. 2665 is lent into two parts so that the interest on the first part for 8 years at 3% per annum may be equal to the interest on the second part for 3 years at 5% per annum. Find the second sum?
35. 60 + 5 * 12 / (180/3) = ?
36. If a:b = 4:1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b)?
37. A does a work in 10 days and B does the same work in 15 days. In how many days they together will do the same work?
38. In what time will a train 100 m long cross an electric pole, it its speed be 144 km/hr?
39. A and B rent a pasture for 10 months. A put in 80 cows for 7 months. How many can B put in for the remaining 3 months, if he pays half as much again as A?
40. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
41. Rs.1500 is divided into two parts such that if one part is invested at 6% and the other at 5% the whole annual interest from both the sum is Rs.85. How much was lent at 5%?
42. A man spends 10% of his income in house rent, 20% of the rest on his children’s education, 25% of the rest miscellaneous causes. If he now posses Rs. 1944 then his income is?
43. A and B together have Rs. 1210. If 4/15 of A's amount is equal to 2/5 of B's amount, how much amount does B have?
44. Aamir saves 32% of his monthly salary. If he spends Rs. 27200, then find his savings?
45. Divide Rs.32000 in the ratio 3:5?
46. 5 men are equal to as many women as are equal to 8 boys. All of them earn Rs.90 only. Men’s wages are?
47. Find the least number which when divided by 35 and 11 leaves a remainder of 1 in each case.
48. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting 2 men and 3 women from the given committee?
49. The arithmetic mean of the scores of a group of students in a test was 52. The brightest 20% of them secured a mean score of 80 and the dullest 25% a mean score of 31. The mean score of remaining 55% is:
50. How many numbers up to 300 and 700 are divisible by 2, 3 and 7 both together?