Time Left: 00:50:00
1. An amount of Rs.1560 was divided among A, B and C, in the ratio 1/2 : 1/3 : 1/4. Find the share of C?
2. A started a business with an investment of Rs. 70000 and after 6 months B joined him investing Rs. 120000. If the profit at the end of a year is Rs. 52000, then the share of B is?
3. The length of the longest rod that can fit in a cubical room of 4 m side is?
4. A man purchases 8 pens for Rs.9 and sells 9 pens for Rs.8, how much profit or loss does he make?
5. If the sides of a cube are in the ratio 4:3. What is the ratio of their diagonals?
6. The product of two digits number is 2160 and their HCF is 12. The numbers are:
7. 9 3/4 + 7 2/17 - 9 1/15 = ?
8. A and B began business with Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 after 8 months, A withdraws Rs.1000 and B advances Rs.1000 more. At the end of the year, their profits
amounted to Rs.630 find the share of A.
9. The difference between a number and its two-fifth is 510. What is 10% of that number?
10. Albert buys 4 horses and 9 cows for Rs. 13,400. If he sells the horses at 10% profit and the cows at 20% profit, then he earns a total profit of Rs. 1880. The cost of a horse is:
11. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 24, 30 and 40 days respectively. They start the work together but C leaves 4 days before the completion of the work. In how many days is the work done?
12. Find the C.I. on a sum of Rs.1600 for 9 months at 20% per annum, interest being compounded quarterly?
13. (22 * 495 + 891 * 44) / (33 * 176 + 55 * 264) = ?
14. Three numbers are in the ratio 1:2:3 and their H.C.F is 12. The numbers are:
15. If 10% of x = 20% of y, then x:y is equal to:
16. Which of the following is the greatest?
17. If p, q and r are positive integers and satisfy x = (p + q - r)/r = (p - q + r)/q = (q + r - p)/p, then the value of x is?
18. There is a 30% increase in the price of an article in the first year, a 20% decrease in the second year and a 10% increase in the next year. If the final price of the article is Rs. 2288, then what was the price of the article initially?
19. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
20. A man purchased 15 pens, 12 books, 10 pencils and 5 erasers. The cost of each pen is Rs.36, each book is Rs.45, each pencil is Rs.8, and the cost of each eraser is Rs.40 less than the combined costs of pen and pencil. Find the total amount spent?
21. Calculate the number of bricks, each measuring 25 cm * 15 cm * 8 cm required to construct a wall of dimensions 10 m * 4 m * 5 m when 10% of its volume is occupied by mortar?
22. Manoj borrowed Rs.3450 from Anwar at 6% p.a. simple interest for three years. He then added some more money to the borrowed sum and lent it to Ramu for the same time at 9% p.a. simple interest. If Manoj gains Rs.824.85 by way of interest on the borrowed sum as well as his own amount from the whole transaction, then what is the sum lent by him to Ramu?
23. Pipes A and B can fill a tank in 5 and 6 hours respectively. Pipe C can empty it in 12 hours. If all the three pipes are opened together, then the tank will be filled in?
24. 22004 - 29303 + 101299 - 59532 = ?
25. The ratio between the present ages of A and B is 5:3 respectively. The ratio between A's age 4 years ago and B's age 4 years hence is 1:1. What is the ratio between A's age 4 years hence and B's age 4 years ago?
26. A sum of money lent out at S.I. amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is?
27. An engineering student has to secure 36% marks to pass. He gets 130 marks and fails by 14 marks. The maximum No. of marks obtained by him is?
28. If the sum of a number and its square is 182, what is the number?
29. A man whose speed is 4.5 kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and
back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 kmph, find his average
speed for the total journey?
30. A can do a half of certain work in 70 days and B one third of the same in 35 days. They together will do the whole work in.
31. Sum of two consecutive even terms lacks by 98 from their product. Find the sum of these numbers?
32. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
33. Find the number of square tiles to cover the floor of a room measuring 4 m * 9 m leaving 0.25 m space around the room. A side of square tile is given to be 25
34. The diameters of two spheres are in the ratio 1:2 what is the ratio of their volumes?
35. Find the greatest number which is such that when 697, 909 and 1227 are divided by it, the remainders are all the same?
36. A take twice as much time as B or thrice as much time to finish a piece of work. Working together, they can finish the work in 2 days. B can do the work alone in?
37. A number when, 28 subtracted from it reduces to its one third. What is the value of 50% of that number?
38. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 seconds. The speed of the train is:
39. The distance between two cities A and B is 330 km. A train starts from A at 8 a.m. and travels towards B at 60 km/hr. Another train starts from B at 9 a.m. and travels towards A at 75 km/hr. At what time do they meet?
40. A sum fetched a total simple interest of Rs. 4016.25 at the rate of 9% p.a. in 5 years. What is the sum?
41. (272/3 * 91/2 * 811/4)-1/4 = ?
42. In a pair of fractions, fraction A is twice the fraction B and the product of two fractions is 2/25. What is the value of fraction A?
43. Two cars cover the same distance at the speed of 60 and 64 kmps respectively. Find the distance traveled by them if the slower car takes 1 hour more than the
44. The tax on a commodity is diminished by 20% and its consumption increased by 15%. The effect on revenue is?
45. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
46. Which one of the following represents the sum of the first n even numbers?
47. In a hostel there were 100 students. To accommodate 20 more students the average is decreased by rupees 5. But total expenditure increased by Rs.400. Find the total expenditure of the hostel now?
48. Rajan got married 8 years ago. His present age is 6/5 times his age at the time of his marriage. Rajan's sister was 10 years younger to him at the time of his marriage. The age of Rajan's sister is:
49. A sells his goods 50% cheaper than B but 50% dearer than C. The cheapest is?
50. A man can row downstream at 18 kmph and upstream at 10 kmph. Find the speed of the man in still water and the speed of stream respectively?