Time Left: 00:50:00
1. Find the number of square tiles to cover the floor of a room measuring 4 m * 9 m leaving 0.25 m space around the room. A side of square tile is given to be 25
2. Two varieties of wheat - A and B costing Rs. 9 per kg and Rs. 15 per kg were mixed in the ratio 3 : 7. If 5 kg of the mixture is sold at 25% profit, find the profit made?
3. A number consists of 3 digit whose sum is 10. The middle digit is equal to the sum of the other two and the number will be increased by 99 if its digits are reversed. The number is:
4. If 25% of x is 15 less than 15% of 1500, then x is?
5. Find the least number with which 16200 should be multiplied, to make it a perfect cube.
6. At an examination in which full marks were 500. A got 10% less than B, B got 25% more than C and C got 20% less than D. If A got 360marks, what percentage of full marks was obtained by D?
7. What is the present worth of Rs. 132 due in 2 years at 5% simple interest per annum?
8. Two men A and B start from place X walking at 4 ½ kmph and 5 ¾ kmph respectively. How many km apart they are at the end of 3 ½ hours if they are walking in the
9. 25 * 25 / 25 + 15 * 40 = ?
10. Which of the following is the greatest?
11. Alok ordered 16 chapatis, 5 plates of rice, 7 plates of mixed vegetable and 6 ice-cream cups. The cost of each chapati is Rs.6, that of each plate of rice is Rs.45 and that of mixed vegetable is Rs.70. The amount that Alok paid the cashier was Rs.961. Find the cost of each ice-cream cup?
12. If four coins are tossed, the probability of getting two heads and two tails is -.
13. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
14. What is the sum of all the composite numbers up to 20?
15. 4 * 0.4 * 0.04 * 0.004 = ?
16. Surface area of two spheres are in the ratio 1:4 what is the ratio of their volumes?
17. The area of the floor of a room is 20 m2 that of a longer wall 15 m2 and of the shorter wall 12 m2, find the edge of the new cube?
18. The least number of four digits which is divisible by 15, 25, 40 and 75 is:
19. How much 60% of 50 is greater than 40% of 30?
20. The ratio between the school ages of Neelam and Shaan is 5:6 respectively. If the ratio between the one-third age of Neelam and half of Shaan's age of 5:9, then what is the school age of Shaan?
21. pipes P and Q would fill a cistern 18 and 24 minutes respectively. Both pipes being opened, find when the first pipe must be turned off so that the cistern may be just filled in 12 minutes?
22. The marks obtained by Vijay and Amith are in the ratio 4:5 and those obtained by Amith and Abhishek in the ratio of 3:2. The marks obtained by Vijay and Abhishek are in the ratio of?
23. The edges of a cuboid are 4 cm, 5 cm and 6 cm. Find the volume of the cuboid?
24. A building contractor employs 20 male, 15 female and 5 child workers. To a male worker he pays Rs.25 per day, to a female worker Rs.20 per day and a child worker Rs.8 per day. The average wage per day paid by the contractor is?
25. A train passes a station platform in 36 sec and a man standing on the platform in 20 sec. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr. What is the length of the platform?
26. A and B can do a work in 5 days and 10 days respectively. A starts the work and B joins him after 2 days. In how many days can they complete the remaining work?
27. In an examination 40% failed in Hindi, 45% failed in English. If 25% students failed in both the subjects. Then the percentage of failed students is?
28. If a:b = 4:1, then find (a - 3b)/(2a - b)?
29. The cross-section of a cannel is a trapezium in shape. If the cannel is 10 m wide at the top and 6 m wide at the bottom and the area of cross-section is 640 sq m, the depth of cannel is?
30. The area of a triangle is with base 4m and height 5m?
31. The current of a stream at 1 kmph. A motor boat goes 35 km upstream and back to the
starting point in 12 hours. The speed of the motor boat in still water is?
32. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
33. The average marks in mathematics scored by the pupils of a school at the public examination were 39. If four of these pupils who actually scored 5, 12, 15 and 19 marks at the examination had not been sent up, the average marks for the school would have been 44. Find the number of pupils sent up for examination from the school?
34. Rs. 1300 is divided into three parts A, B and C. How much A is more than C if their ratio is 1/2:1/3:1/4?
35. A total of 3000 chocolates were distributed among 120 boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls?
36. In an election only two candidates contested. A candidate secured 70% of the valid votes and won by a majority of 172 votes. Find the total number of valid votes?
37. A cistern is normally filled in 8 hours but takes two hours longer to fill because of a leak in its bottom. If the cistern is full, the leak will empty it in?
38. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
39. [(523 + 27) * (187 - 35) / (424 + 16)] / [110/22 of (2 * 38)] = ?
40. Which of the following groups of fractions is in descending order?
41. If A:B = 1/2: 1/3 B:C = 1/2:1/3 then A:B:C?
42. The list price of an article is Rs.65. A customer pays Rs.56.16 for it. He was given two successive discounts, one of them being 10%. The other discount is?
43. 6.4 * 1.25 = (?)3
44. If x = √8 - √7, y = √6 - √5 and z = √10 - 3, which of the following is true?
45. If a person walks at 14 km/hr instead of 10 km/hr, he would have walked 20 km more. The actual distance traveled by him is?
46. A man saves 20% of his monthly salary. If an account of dearness of things he is to increase his monthly expenses by 20%, he is only able to save Rs. 200 per month. What is his monthly salary?
47. Anil spends 40% of his income on rent, 30% of the remaining on medicines and 20% of the remaining on education. If he saves Rs. 840 every month, then find his monthly salary?
48. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
49. The average of first 10 prime numbers is?
50. If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days and 13 men together will 24 boys can do it in 4 days. Compare the daily work done by a man with that of a boy.