Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A train speeds past a pole in 15 sec and a platform 100 m long in 25 sec, its length is?
2. A man whose speed is 4.5 kmph in still water rows to a certain upstream point and
back to the starting point in a river which flows at 1.5 kmph, find his average
speed for the total journey?
3. Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3:2:4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21.
4. A reduction of 40% in the price of bananas would enable a man to obtain 64 more for Rs.40, what is reduced price per dozen?
5. How many numbers up to 200 are divisible by 2 and 3 both?
6. If rupee one produces rupees nine over a period of 40 years, find the rate of simple interest?
7. 105.126 * 35.201 - 90.23 * 3 + 55.11 * 27.01 = ?
8. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
9. A can do a piece of work in 12 days. When he had worked for 2 days B joins him. If the complete work was finished in 8 days. In how many days B alone can
finish the work?
10. 6 2/3 * 9 3/5 * 2 1/3 + 1 1/3 = ?
11. A person spends 1/5th of his income on the education of his children, and 20% of the remaining on food. If he is left with Rs.576 find his income?
12. The H.C.F of two numbers is 11 and their L.C.M is 7700. If one of the numbers is 275, then the other is:
13. 21345 * 45 = 4270 * ?
14. A train 125 m long passes a man, running at 5 km/hr in the same direction in which the train is going, in 10 sec. The speed of the train is?
15. the present average age of a couple and their daughter is 35 years. Fifteen years from now, the age of the mother will be equal to the sum of present ages of the father and the daughter. Find the present age of mother?
16. A committee has 5 men and 6 women. What are the number of ways of selecting a group of eight persons?
17. The salary of a worker is first increased by 30% and afterwards reduced by 30%. What is net change in his salary?
18. The area of a base of a cone is 30 cm2. If the height of the cone is 6cm, find its volume?
19. If the area of circle is 616 sq cm then its circumference?
20. Two taps can separately fill a cistern 10 minutes and 15 minutes respectively and when the waste pipe is open, they can together fill it in 18 minutes. The waste pipe can empty the full cistern in?
21. Present ages of X and Y are in the ratio 5:6 respectively. Seven years hence this ratio will become 6:7 respectively. What is X's present age in years?
22. How many seconds will a 500 meter long train take to cross a man walking with a speed of 3 km/hr in the direction of the moving train if the speed of the train
is 63 km/hr?
23. Identify the greatest numbers: 450, 2100, 1625
24. A can do a piece of work in 4 days. B can do it in 5 days. With the assistance of C they completed the work in 2 days. Find in how many days can C alone do it?
25. (84 ÷ 14 ÷ 2 ÷ 9) * ? = 33⅓
26. I. x2 + 3x - 18 = 0, II. y2 + y - 30 = 0 to solve both the equations to find the values of x and y?
27. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
28. Train P crosses a pole in 30 seconds and train Q crosses the same pole in one minute and 15 seconds. The length of train P is three-fourths the length of train Q. What is the ratio of the speed of train P to that of train Q?
29. A total of 3000 chocolates were distributed among 120 boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls?
30. A goods train runs at the speed of 72 km/hr and crosses a 250 m long platform in 26 sec. What is the length of the goods train?
31. A and B start a business with Rs.6000 and Rs.8000 respectively. Hoe should they share their profits at the end of one year?
32. On dividing number by 5, we get 3 as remainder. What will be the remainder when the square of this number is divided by 5?
33. The area of a square field 3136 sq m, if the length of cost of drawing barbed wire 3 m around the field at the rate of Rs.1.50 per meter. Two gates of 1 m width each are to be left for entrance. What is the total cost?
34. If one-third of one fourth of a number is 15, then three-tenth of that number is:
35. The number which exceeds 16% of it by 42 is?
36. An amount of Rs. 3000 becomes Rs. 3600 in four years at simple interest. If the rate of interest was 1% more, then what was be the total amount?
37. The greatest ratio out of 2:3, 5:4, 3:2 and 4:5 is?
38. A bag contains a total of 93 coins in the form of one rupee and 50 paise coins. If the total value of coins in the bag is Rs.56, find the number of 50 paise coins in the bag?
39. Ramu bought an old car for Rs. 42000. He spent Rs. 13000 on repairs and sold it for Rs. 64900. What is his profit percent?
40. In an examination 40% failed in Hindi, 45% failed in English. If 25% students failed in both the subjects. Then the percentage of failed students is?
41. There are two numbers. If 40% of the first number is added to the second number, then the second number increases to its five-fourth. Find the ratio of the first number to the second number?
42. 7 + 5 - (3/2 * 1/4) of 2/7 + 7/2 * 1/6 equals -.
43. A and B rent a pasture for 10 months. A put in 80 cows for 7 months. How many can B put in for the remaining 3 months, if he pays half as much again as A?
44. The cost price of a radio is Rs.1500 and it was sold for Rs.1230, find the loss %?
45. Divide Rs. 1500 among A, B and C so that A receives 1/3 as much as B and C together and B receives 2/3 as A and C together. A's share is?
46. LCM of 1/3, 5/6, 5/4, 10/7 is:
47. Two tests had the same maximum mark. The pass percentages in the first and the second test were 40% and 45% respectively. A candidate scored 216 marks in the second test and failed by 36 marks in that test. Find the pass mark in the first test?
48. A sum amount to Rs.1344 in two years at simple interest. What will be the compound interest on the same sum at the same rate of interest for the same
49. A certain number successively divided by 2, 5 and 7 leaves remainders 1, 2 and 3 respectively. When the same number is divided by 70, what is the remainder?
50. The number of ways in which six boys and six girls can be seated in a row for a photograph so that no two girls sit together is -.