Time Left: 00:50:00
1. A man could buy a certain number of notebooks for Rs.300. If each notebook cost is Rs.5 more, he could have bought 10 notebooks less for the same amount. Find the price of each notebook?
2. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost
3. How many meters of carpet 50cm, wide will be required to cover the floor of a room 30m * 20m?
4. The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded, the average becomes 25. The excluded number is:
5. A trader purchased two colour televisions for a total of Rs. 35000. He sold one colour television at 30% profit and the other 40% profit. Find the difference in the cost prices of the two televisions if he made an overall profit of 32%?
6. Raj invested an amount of Rs.17400 for two years. Find the rate of compound interest that will fetch him an amount of Rs.1783.50 at the end of two years?
7. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
8. The area of a triangle is with base 4m and height 5m?
9. A certain sum of money doubles itself in 10 years in how much many years will it trible itself at the same rate?
10. A paper is in a square form whose one side is 20 cm. Two semi circles are drawn on its opposites as diameters. If these semi circles are cut down what is the area of the remaining paper?
11. Visitors to show were charged Rs.15 each on the first day. Rs.7.50 on the second day, Rs.2.50 on the third day and total attendance on the three days were in ratio 2:5:13 respectively. The average charge per person for the whole show is?
12. A and B rent a pasture for 10 months. A put in 80 cows for 7 months. How many can B put in for the remaining 3 months, if he pays half as much again as A?
13. The product of two numbers is 2025 and their HCF is 15 their LCM is:
14. How many seconds will a train 100 meters long take to cross a bridge 150 meters long if the speed of the train is 36 kmph?
15. The radius of the base of cone is 3 cm and height is 4 cm. Find the volume of the cone?
16. If A:B:C = 2:3:4, then A/B : B/C : C/A is equal to:
17. (3a+1 9a+2 27a) / (3a-1 9a 27a+1) = ?
18. 7 2/5 of 110 / ? = 844
19. A motorcyclist goes from Bombay to Pune, a distance of 192 kms at an average of 32 kmph speed. Another man starts from Bombay by car 2 ½ hours after the first,
and reaches Pune ½ hour earlier. What is the ratio of the speed of the motorcycle and the car?
20. Solve for m if 3(√3)m+4 = (√3)2m+7
21. 2758 + 20581 - 17889 = ?
22. A cycle is bought for Rs.900 and sold for Rs.1080, find the gain percent?
LCM of 18 and 27 is:
24. A drink vendor has 80 liters of Maaza, 144 liters of Pepsi and 368 liters of Sprite. He wants to pack them in cans, so that each can contains the same number of liters of a drink, and doesn't want to mix any two drinks in a can. What is the least number of cans required?
25. What will be the least number which when doubled will be exactly divisible by 12, 18, 21 and 30?
26. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 20 and 30 minutes respectively, and a third pipe C can empty it in 40 minutes. How long will it take to fill the cistern if all the three are opened at the same time?
27. Find the greatest number which will divide 25, 73 and 97 as so to leave the same remainder in each case?
28. If the roots of a quadratic equation are 20 and -7, then find the equation?
29. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
30. A and B began business with Rs.3000 and Rs.4000 after 8 months, A withdraws Rs.1000 and B advances Rs.1000 more. At the end of the year, their profits
amounted to Rs.630 find the share of A.
31. Find the nearest to 25268 which is exactly divisible by 467?
32. What is the sum of all the numbers between 300 and 1000 which are divisible by 179?
33. If a man lost 4% by selling oranges at the rate of 12 a rupee at how many a rupee must he sell them to gain 44%?
34. If the roots of the equation 2x2 - 5x + b = 0 are in the ratio of 2:3, then find the value of b?
35. What number has a 5:1 ratio to the number 10?
36. A and B starts a business with Rs.8000 each, and after 4 months, B withdraws half of his capital . How should they share the profits at the end of the 18 months?
37. Find the one which does not belong to that group ?
38. Albert invested Rs. 8000 in a scheme for 2 years at compound interest rate 5% p.a. How much amount will Albert get on maturity of the fixed deposit?
39. The area of a parallelogram is 128sq m and its altitude is twice the corresponding base. Then the length of the base is?
40. The average of 13 numbers is 60. Average of the first 7 of them is 57 and that of the last 7 is 61. Find the 8th number?
41. A is twice as fast as B. If B alone can do a piece of work in 30 days, in what time can A and B together complete the work?
42. The compound ratio of 5:6, 3:2 and 4:5?
43. (1714 * 1716) / 17-8 = ?
44. A sum of money lent out at S.I. amounts to Rs. 720 after 2 years and to Rs. 1020 after a further period of 5 years. The sum is?
45. A man took loan from a bank at the rate of 12% p.a. S.I. After 3 years he had to pay Rs. 5400 interest only for the period. The principal amount borrowed by him was?
46. Find the least number which when divided by 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 as remainders respectively, but when divided by 19 leaves no remainder?
47. The speed of a car is 90 km in the first hour and 60 km in the second hour. What is the average speed of the car?
48. In what ratio should two varieties of sugar of Rs.18 per kg and Rs.24 kg be mixed together to get a mixture whose cost is Rs.20 per kg?
49. The H.C.F of two numbers is 8. Which of the following can never be their L.C.M?
50. Ram sold two bicycles, each for Rs.990. If he made 10% profit on the first and 10% loss on the second, what is the total cost of both bicycles?